Starbound mod help?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Starbound mod help?

Postby slaggaX4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:26 am

Hey, so I know i'm pretty much super late to this party but any help would be super appreciated.

I downloaded some vore mods for starbound, and i should be able to access them as soon as i get to the first planet right? but for some reason they're not showing up or working at all.

I double checked the page and authors, i'm fairly certain that they are well known mods, i have a launcher that says the mod files are good to go, but they're just not working.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.05 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
slaggaX4
Been posting for a bit

Re: Starbound mod help?

Postby Nouvi » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 am

As far as I can tell, the 'objects' and 'recipes' folders should not be there like that. Same for the mod*.json files. Those are supposed to be in a folder specific for the mod they are about.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Hansony » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:56 am

slaggaX4 wrote:i have a launcher that says the mod files are good to go, but they're just not working.

What do you mean here? A tool that just tells you if everything checks out or something like MO(ModOrganizer) that stores the mods in it's library, creates a placeholder in the game library and works as the mediator between the 2 plus gives a UI for the user to easily add or remove mods?
It's kind of important since the first would still mean you install mods into the game files while the latter could mean you have mods installed to a separate location and managed by this program, so how to troubleshoot would be very different.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voreforever » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:54 pm

I haven't used the mod in a while, but as far as I can remember, you have to activate the teleporter to the Outpost. Once you've done that and went through, if you click the teleporter again, there should be a new location, which harbors all the mod stuff. I think. It's been a long while
Voreforever
Participator

Postby bobthemailman21 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:49 pm

Voreforever wrote:I haven't used the mod in a while, but as far as I can remember, you have to activate the teleporter to the Outpost. Once you've done that and went through, if you click the teleporter again, there should be a new location, which harbors all the mod stuff. I think. It's been a long while

Can confirm this is how you get to the vore mod gooey goodness. The teleporter place is the Two-Stop Teleshop, and the location with the SSVM content is the Food hall, which should be listed when you use the teleporter next to the Two-Stop Teleshop
bobthemailman21
Been posting for a bit

Postby slaggaX4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:55 pm

Nouvi wrote:As far as I can tell, the 'objects' and 'recipes' folders should not be there like that. Same for the mod*.json files. Those are supposed to be in a folder specific for the mod they are about.

Thanks for the advice, I kinda tried to chuck everything and move stuff myself without really knowing everything so thanks again.
Hansony wrote:
slaggaX4 wrote:i have a launcher that says the mod files are good to go, but they're just not working.

What do you mean here? A tool that just tells you if everything checks out or something like MO(ModOrganizer) that stores the mods in it's library, creates a placeholder in the game library and works as the mediator between the 2 plus gives a UI for the user to easily add or remove mods?
It's kind of important since the first would still mean you install mods into the game files while the latter could mean you have mods installed to a separate location and managed by this program, so how to troubleshoot would be very different.

It is just a mod launcher that checks before the game loads the data in the mod folder, as far as i know it works fine but I now have a different problem that i'll post below this.

bobthemailman21 wrote:
Voreforever wrote:I haven't used the mod in a while, but as far as I can remember, you have to activate the teleporter to the Outpost. Once you've done that and went through, if you click the teleporter again, there should be a new location, which harbors all the mod stuff. I think. It's been a long while

Can confirm this is how you get to the vore mod gooey goodness. The teleporter place is the Two-Stop Teleshop, and the location with the SSVM content is the Food hall, which should be listed when you use the teleporter next to the Two-Stop Teleshop

So this is the ancient teleport that is on the first world or is it supposed to be the first warp from ship to planet? haven't played much yet but also wasn't sure when the mod stuff would actually come into play.

Thanks for the replies everyone, unfortunately now my game won't even start up, so i'm gonna google a bunch of different fixes and try them out.
slaggaX4
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:29 am

Are you trying to say that you haven't played much of Starbound at all yet? If that's the case then here's my suggestion to you. Play through the whole game first without any mods at all. Get a feel for what the game is, how it works, whether or not you'll like the game at all. In fact, consider this a general rule for any and all games, not just Starbound.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby bobthemailman21 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:02 am

slaggaX4 wrote:So this is the ancient teleport that is on the first world or is it supposed to be the first warp from ship to planet? haven't played much yet but also wasn't sure when the mod stuff would actually come into play.

Yep, the ancient teleporter on your starting planet leads to the Outpost. But as was suggested, I recommend playing the game more to get a better feel for it instead of trying to immediately jump into the vore content. I speak from experience as I tried to do exactly this, it makes it way more confusing and frustrating if you don't play the game a bit more first.
bobthemailman21
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game