Cacame's Devourment Addons (Approach + Potions Update 14/17)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Cacame's Devourment Male and Female Addons

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:08 am

AngelofHell64 wrote:Having the same problem now as well

Mogrir wrote:So I'm pretty sure it is something with Approach, and not something else. I tried simply disabling the .esp instead of uninstalling the whole thing, which then let me save the game without a CTD. I then tried to clean that save again, uninstall the mod entirely, and then loaded the game, but it again crashed on save. However, reinstalling and enabling the mod and loading in the cleaned save made everything start working again. Hopefully it stays working this time, and that this gives you maybe some idea of what's going wrong.

In that case, use 1.3 until I come up with a fix. I had thought that I had fixed this in my previous testing, but I must have missed something. It doesn't seem to be a consistent issue either, as it has not broken on my end on a fairly old character despite having been an issue in previous versions. Just to clarify: 1.4a and 1.3 should absolutely not have this problem. If anyone who is experiencing this problem is using either of these, please let me know.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:50 am

Been using the approach mod for a while now and I have yet to be given the magic experiment scenario even at the mage's college. I even have maxed restoration and alteration myself.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby megafaget » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:51 pm

hi.

So every roll the mod does fails. Do you know why this might be?
megafaget
Been posting for a bit

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:35 am

CacameAwemedinade wrote:
AngelofHell64 wrote:Having the same problem now as well

Mogrir wrote:So I'm pretty sure it is something with Approach, and not something else. I tried simply disabling the .esp instead of uninstalling the whole thing, which then let me save the game without a CTD. I then tried to clean that save again, uninstall the mod entirely, and then loaded the game, but it again crashed on save. However, reinstalling and enabling the mod and loading in the cleaned save made everything start working again. Hopefully it stays working this time, and that this gives you maybe some idea of what's going wrong.

In that case, use 1.3 until I come up with a fix. I had thought that I had fixed this in my previous testing, but I must have missed something. It doesn't seem to be a consistent issue either, as it has not broken on my end on a fairly old character despite having been an issue in previous versions. Just to clarify: 1.4a and 1.3 should absolutely not have this problem. If anyone who is experiencing this problem is using either of these, please let me know.

I have the same issues as the ones mentioned above, if I have the mod installed MCM is disabled and player doesn't take any damage during digestion but once I uninstall it I take damage again but it CTD on save. Tried cleaning with ReSave but it wont fix the CTD issue. Im using 1.4a as well
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItanParker1997 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:09 pm

I have the same problem, i was trying it with 1.4a and with 1.4c. It was with 1.4c but after nearly 1 hour of playing (i wanted to change settings because no of this scenarios happened with me) it disappeared. Also it's really small probability of something happens. then i installed 1.4a thinking that in elder version will be no this mistake but nothing happened. It's still just dark screen. And also there was no scenarios happened to me in two hours of real life playing. ABSOLUTELY nothing. The idea of addon is really cool, scenarios are hot, but it not works good because of some reason.
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redycter » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:18 pm

Just want to ask some thing: Ineed mod on the first page is obligatory for DevourmentApproach working or Approach can work with no Ineed?
Redycter
Been posting for a bit

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Redycter wrote:Just want to ask some thing: Ineed mod on the first page is obligatory for DevourmentApproach working or Approach can work with no Ineed?

no the approach addon doesn't need ineed compatibility in order to work
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:00 pm

2 things that I think would be good to add to the approach addon would be a fix that reenables player being digested, (there is some bug that makes me take no damage) and maybe could you make it so the approach dialogue fits the settings in the main devourment mod. Example I personally don't like vore with male predators so I have it turned off in the mod but if it is enabled in the approach addon males will come up to me offering to eat me. would it be possible to make it so if male vore is disabled in the main mod but male approach is turned on then they only have prey dialogue?
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItanParker1997 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 am

Cacame, you said that we should use devourment Approach 1.3 because in newer versions the settings of mod don’t works. But where can I download this version? I can’t found 1.3, there’s only 1.2 and 1.4 versions. Can you give me link on 1.3 version please?
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redycter » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Cacame, you said that we should use devourment Approach 1.3 because in newer versions the settings of mod don’t works. But where can I download this version? I can’t found 1.3, there’s only 1.2 and 1.4 versions. Can you give me link on 1.3 version please?
p

It’s not working with any version of devourment approach, 1.3 too. MCM doesn’t see it correctly. I tried for 8 hours with different versions (I’m using vortex installer). It’s disappeared. Reinstalling MCM can get it back, but not for long time. Once use upload your saving (no care was or wasn’t Approach installed in that save) or if you close the game and then turn it on again, it disappears again. One time it disappeared by itself after 30 minutes of playing the game. Only reinstallation MCM and after it reinstallation DFAM (I’m using DFAM 1.2.7) and then reinstallation of Devourment approach helps to get settings menu back. And I don’t know how it works, but after all time playing no scenarios described happened to me. (I’m male predator, female preds disabled in the DFAM). Maybe problem is with male predators (they’re not as popular as female) but probability of scenarios is extremely low. Maybe you can try to made it the same probability of vanilla accidental meetings?
Redycter
Been posting for a bit

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:47 am

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:I have the same issues as the ones mentioned above, if I have the mod installed MCM is disabled and player doesn't take any damage during digestion but once I uninstall it I take damage again but it CTD on save. Tried cleaning with ReSave but it wont fix the CTD issue. Im using 1.4a as well

ItanParker1997 wrote:I have the same problem, i was trying it with 1.4a and with 1.4c. It was with 1.4c but after nearly 1 hour of playing (i wanted to change settings because no of this scenarios happened with me) it disappeared. Also it's really small probability of something happens. then i installed 1.4a thinking that in elder version will be no this mistake but nothing happened. It's still just dark screen.

Redycter wrote:It’s not working with any version of devourment approach, 1.3 too. MCM doesn’t see it correctly. I tried for 8 hours with different versions (I’m using vortex installer). It’s disappeared. Reinstalling MCM can get it back, but not for long time.

If 1.4a/1.3 has the MCM bug even on new saves, then I am absolutely confused as to what the cause could be. Again, the completely inconsistent nature of this issue makes it very hard to pinpoint a cause. For these reasons as well as the stress of university, I can't promise a fix very soon.

In addition, with Markdf having recently released his Refactor mod as a modder's resource, I may shift my focus with Devourment modding there, seeing as though his multi-prey system and overall framework is much cleaner than DMaF. That being said, I would still like to see Papyrus logs if you have them from sessions in which the MCM broke, as it may help me elucidate the issue.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItanParker1997 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:48 am

In addition, with Markdf having recently released his Refactor mod as a modder's resource, I may shift my focus with Devourment modding there, seeing as though his multi-prey system and overall framework is much cleaner than DMaF. That being said, I would still like to see Papyrus logs if you have them from sessions in which the MCM broke, as it may help me elucidate the issue.

Does it means you’re planning to leave DFAM? This means no Male predators support more? Crap. If so, it’s really sad news for me
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:24 am

ItanParker1997 wrote:

Does it means you’re planning to leave DFAM? This means no Male predators support more? Crap. If so, it’s really sad news for me

Refactor does have male and creature predators. It was branched from DFAM and Galmar helped with its creation.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:02 pm

I am currently working to convert Approach to MarkDF's Refactor mod. It's taking a bit longer than I initially anticipated but it shouldn't be much longer. In the meantime, thanks to everyone who contributed to the scenario suggestion document. While I'm at it, I'll be writing a lot of those in as well. (also, I was told that the MCM issue was due to load order. Hopefully it won't be present in the Refactor version, but those who are experiencing that might want to try putting Approach as low in the load order as possible if it wasn't already.)
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:13 pm

CacameAwemedinade wrote:I am currently working to convert Approach to MarkDF's Refactor mod. It's taking a bit longer than I initially anticipated but it shouldn't be much longer. In the meantime, thanks to everyone who contributed to the scenario suggestion document. While I'm at it, I'll be writing a lot of those in as well. (also, I was told that the MCM issue was due to load order. Hopefully it won't be present in the Refactor version, but those who are experiencing that might want to try putting Approach as low in the load order as possible if it wasn't already.)

If you need any assistance with how to interact with Refactor, just ask! I've tried to make it as easy as possible, but if you're new to ModEvents then it may still seem overwhelming.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Cacame's Devourment Addons (Approach Refactor Released)

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:47 am

Finally finished a working conversion for Refactor! Let me know if something isn't working correctly.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Re: Cacame's Devourment Addons (Approach Refactor Released)

Postby Vennaya » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:10 am

CacameAwemedinade wrote:Finally finished a working conversion for Refactor! Let me know if something isn't working correctly.

Great! Thanks!

I did notice one small problem in that usually when the prey gets eaten, and the dialogue option has (lethal) or some variation of it, or the prey talks about being digested, the prey does not start being digested, and instead you have to press g and talk to prey/pred in order to start it that way. The cuts to health apply, but digestion does not start.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Re: Cacame's Devourment Addons (Approach Refactor v1.0 Relea

Postby WarmBeanDip » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:35 am

After a bit of time trying this out I noticed two bugs I thought I’d report. The first one, when an npc attempts to force themselves down the PC’s throat you get a bounty. I’m not certain this is a bug but seeing as there’s no way to prevent it in dialogue I’m going to assume it’s not functioning as intended. The second is similar to vennaya’s report but I’ve found that all endo and fatal dialogue is flipped, so choosing the fatal option makes the npc get endo swallowed and vice-versa. I absolutely adore this mod and I really appreciate you bringing it to refactor! Keep up the good work
WarmBeanDip
New to the forum

Re: Cacame's Devourment Addons (Approach Refactor v1.0 Relea

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:13 am

WarmBeanDip wrote:The second is similar to vennaya’s report but I’ve found that all endo and fatal dialogue is flipped, so choosing the fatal option makes the npc get endo swallowed and vice-versa. I absolutely adore this mod and I really appreciate you bringing it to refactor! Keep up the good work

Vennaya wrote:I did notice one small problem in that usually when the prey gets eaten, and the dialogue option has (lethal) or some variation of it, or the prey talks about being digested, the prey does not start being digested, and instead you have to press g and talk to prey/pred in order to start it that way. The cuts to health apply, but digestion does not start.

Oh dear, looks like I've made a fuckie wuckie. I'll make sure to fix that quick.

I'll see what I can do about the unavoidable bounty as well.

Edit: Alright, that should do it. On an unrelated note, I also added a random-burping addon to the OP.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Re: Cacame's Devourment Addons (Refactor Addons Released)

Postby VVVx » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:27 am

- Cloak spell attached to the player pulses periodically, rolling dice for nearby NPCs to determine if they approach for dialogue

You may want to look into using SPID for this instead of cloak spells.
VVVx
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game