Downtime (Quest text adventure) NOW WITH PICTURES!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Downtime (Quest text adventure)

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Revx_Z wrote:"Out" button works to leave the inn, but "In" button doesn't take me back inside.

Typo:
> speak to barmaid
She saies nothing.

Probably bug when ordering lunch to room:
> eat barmaid
You can't fight; eat; swallow her.

Ordering food to both room and table, and flirting with the barmaid, can result in 2 barmaids in the room.

Where/How do I find the thief? Wasn't able to test that.

I'll check those out. The "saies" typo is baked into the Quest software for some reason, and I don't think I can fix it, but I can definitely check out the others. The thief encounter has a small chance of occurring each time you enter the "main street" area.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby SJ777 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:50 pm

How do you eat the thief? I haven't been able to figure it out after about half a dozen tries, and she shows up a bit too rarely for trial and error with every possible variable.
SJ777
Been posting for a bit

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:41 pm

SJ777 wrote:How do you eat the thief? I haven't been able to figure it out after about half a dozen tries, and she shows up a bit too rarely for trial and error with every possible variable.

Yeah I think it's a little too difficult to do, I'm gonna make it clearer in the next update. You have to take the knife from her.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Alright, just posted a small update to make the thief encounter easier and fix some bugs. Next one will hopefully include character illustrations and some vore scenes for the minstrel.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby TheOtaku777 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:55 pm

I can't eat the gambler. I swap out the dice and she still eats me
TheOtaku777
New to the forum

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 pm

TheOtaku777 wrote:I can't eat the gambler. I swap out the dice and she still eats me

You're swapping out the loaded dice with unloaded ones. As such there is still a chance that she wins (though the player will still win the majority of the time).
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby vgove » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:33 am

where can the thief show up?
vgove
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:50 am

vgove wrote:where can the thief show up?

The main street area. I might make it more likely now that I've made the encounter easier to solve.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:
vgove wrote:where can the thief show up?

The main street area. I might make it more likely now that I've made the encounter easier to solve.

If I were you, I would think carefully about what sort of game/adventure this Quest is supposed to be when you say 'likely' and 'easier'.

While it's no problem as short as the game is now, a longer game might get very annoying if it veers between what I think of as gallery mode and puzzle mode. (I don't think these are official names, so I'll try to explain them.)
A gallery game is easy to get to any scene in a minute or two, and the game is mostly about finding your favorite prey/predator.
A puzzle game has some kind of objective behind multiple random obstacles that the player has to think about how to get past, maybe with wits or luck or force.

In a gallery game, an enemy that doesn't show up is a nuisance (but as mentioned, in a short game you can just restart)
In a puzzle game, an enemy that doesn't show up is great, makes it easier to reach the end.

You can do some of both types, but if you mix them, there might be tension between the two types. What sort of game experience are you going for and how does the encounter nature reflect it? Maybe the thief encounter could be triggered with a 'Loiter' button or something? Maybe the thief encounter could be repeatable? (I imagine there's more than one thief in a city.)

---

Also, bug - after paying the thief, it says she vanishes, but then ">take knife" will teleport her back.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheOtaku777 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Phorcyz19, I don't know if you're still planning on updating this game, but I wanted to thank you for being the one that introduced me to Quest. I've been working on my own vore text adventure since then, and I'd like to offer up any help I can in regards to Quest coding if you need it.
TheOtaku777
New to the forum

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:37 am

TheOtaku777 wrote:Phorcyz19, I don't know if you're still planning on updating this game, but I wanted to thank you for being the one that introduced me to Quest. I've been working on my own vore text adventure since then, and I'd like to offer up any help I can in regards to Quest coding if you need it.

I am planning on updating it at some point, I've just had some serious writer's block that's kept me from making progress. And I'm glad to hear it!
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:20 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote: I've just had some serious writer's block that's kept me from making progress.

As a fellow Quest writer let me just say that writer's block is real bitch, I hope you get over it soon! :-D
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:27 pm

*Insert generic comment here meant for watching over an interesting project*
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Robotdocter » Wed May 19, 2021 10:49 pm

is this still being developed, even if slowly? i remember it being really good when you shared it on discord a while back :o
I will always respond to PMs ASAP, im sorry for any wait that happens.

Also no i do not RP, please dont ask, especially as a first message to me.
Robotdocter
Been posting for a bit

Postby Phorcyz19 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Robotdocter wrote:is this still being developed, even if slowly? i remember it being really good when you shared it on discord a while back :o

I've been rather busy, but I have planned some scenes out in the past week or so, so when I find the time I'll probably continue it.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Robotdocter » Thu May 20, 2021 12:46 am

Phorcyz19 wrote:
Robotdocter wrote:is this still being developed, even if slowly? i remember it being really good when you shared it on discord a while back :o

I've been rather busy, but I have planned some scenes out in the past week or so, so when I find the time I'll probably continue it.

great to hear, take all the time you need :P
I will always respond to PMs ASAP, im sorry for any wait that happens.

Also no i do not RP, please dont ask, especially as a first message to me.
Robotdocter
Been posting for a bit

Re: Downtime (Quest text adventure) NOW WITH PICTURES!

Postby Phorcyz19 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:37 am

That's right, there's finally a new update... sorta! There are no new scenes but I fixed some broken bits and added images for every character and vore scene, save for the scene of being eaten by the thief. I will have pictures for that scene with the next real update, which should hopefully come in a few weeks.

The original plan was to draw my own illustrations for every scene but that proved to be way too time consuming so instead I made some using Kisekae and I think it turned out pretty well.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:39 am

Nice work with those pictures, they really add to the scenes :-D
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby vgove » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:56 pm

is player female?
vgove
Participator

Postby justlookinaround » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Great update and great game! One thing that I have noticed is that I have lost the dice game repeatedly despite switching the dice. Not sure if there is a bug or if I'm just very unlucky. Can't wait for the next update!
justlookinaround
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game