A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) NEW August Update

Postby feauxen » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:34 pm

umakeisee wrote:I am having trouble finding the last two pred scenes.

Spoiler: show
- New pred scene: Pri / Madeline + boyfriend (in the hotel)

- New pred scene Pri / Ricky (Farmer lady's assistant)

Can anyone help me with these?

I know Ricky, but not how to eat him. I don't know who Madeline is. Is she in the modern world's hotel or the fantasy world's inn? I couldn't find her in either.

To eat Ricky, you have to replay the scene and then eat him in stead of the farmer lady. You can't do both at once, which makes it weird that you can 'tidy up' your scene count by replaying the scene to have then eaten both of them. Everyone else it makes sense that they're gone for reals and never show up in the plot again, but this scene you uniquely have to break the fourth wall to complete. It might make sense if every time you replayed the scene the one you didn't eat respawned in or out of the house and played their "wait where's my lover?" dialogue, but what do I know.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby feauxen » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:49 pm

So I'm replaying the game to get a Jacob that heals and I've noticed a few bugs. First, in the neighbor girl scene there's a few old 2D pictures of Pri, which I honestly didn't mind but seemed unintentional given that similar pictures elsewhere have all been updated. They did feature Pri with a textbox though, and were unique to that specific interaction as far as I can tell. I can see how they'd slip under the radar, that's not a scene I'd ever think to replay.

Second, and much more seriously, there's something of a debug plant in the game. If you interact with the right face of the plant vase to the upper left of the vore club table (walk straight left from Jennifer and press enter) in the cafeteria, the Neko and Jennifer will spontaneously disappear. What's more, aside from the quest journal failing to update, the game treats the two as though they've been vored for the most part and you can start the redhead's vore path right away instead of having to wait until you've actually eaten her friends. I checked, and if you talk to the neko before hitting the plant, you can still play through the clubhouse scenes as normal. Notably though, if you don't talk to the Neko before executing the glitch you CANNOT access the clubhouse and thus CANNOT access either Jennifer or the Neko's scenes. You can't even go into Jennifer's tent on the beach. In other words, two vore scenes are permanently locked to you, and a third (as well as possibly a fourth depending on how you count the neighbor prerequisite) is only available because the bug is merciful and strange. Pray you don't accidentally save in that broken state, the save file will be permanently broken. (I may or may not have done this by accident while I was savescumming and playing with what actually caused the bug. Fortunately I didn't lose much progress...but if I'd saved the vore club for later in the game I would NOT have been happy about that little mistake. I'm still kind of upset but I got back to where I was in about five minutes of dialogue skipping.)

Anyway, I've sequence broken the game without losing out on any vore scenes, so I'm officially done poking this bug. It's cost me enough time already. Don't ask how I found it, and definitely don't ask how long it took me to realize that the plant was at fault and it wasn't anything to do with talking to Jennifer at all. The answers to both questions are embarrassing.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericaccount » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:05 pm

So, a glitch I have noticed.
I can't post a picture because I can't work out how to attach a picture to this comment, but it registered prey red haired girl/ Pri when it should have given me pred red haired girl. It also didn't register pred sold girl in the questbook. And large spaces have appeared between some of the lines in the scenes quest book for chapter 2. They only showed up after I got some of the scenes.
Also, I don't like the main quest
So, the first issue I have with the main quest is in chapter 1. It contains several mandatory observer scenes which I just don't like. I'm mostly just annoyed I have to do these scenes when they are so far out of my fetishes. I'm fine with the game containing them, its just annoying they are compulsory. Secondly, when you start chapter 2, you go through a wood collecting scene. In this scene you have to walk through a section of forest to find an unknown number of pieces of wood, and the forest has very frequent random encounters, and the combat system was one of the things I didn't particularly like about it the first time I played it. The only way to find out if you have all the pieces is walk all the way back to the campsite, triggering probably at least one random encounter, talk to the guy, and then he tells you insufficient wood, and you have to go back through the forest, probably ending up in a fight with another raccoon, and I've never wanted to punch a video game character so much. Its mostly I feel the main quest is a chore that I have to get through in order to find the actually good parts of the game
genericaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firebird » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:11 pm

Hey, how does one unlock the Shark Girl Scene? I haven't been able to find it yet.
Firebird
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hurtthrower579 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 pm

I have one question. Why are the pred, obv, prey scenes labeled out of order of how you get them?

For example Sabrina (the chef girl in the Vore club.), it says the pred scene comes before eating the cat girl and the other girl. But you can only get her vore scene after eating the cat girl and the other girl.

I'm only wondering why, because to new people that may find this game may want to do it in the order it says, don't know why but it is still a possibility even if it's low.

Real quick before I post this comment, is the word Princzss spelled like that on purpose as it would be how they say it in Pri's home world or is that a spelling error?
Hurtthrower579
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:51 pm

Hurtthrower579 wrote:I have one question. Why are the pred, obv, prey scenes labeled out of order of how you get them?

For example Sabrina (the chef girl in the Vore club.), it says the pred scene comes before eating the cat girl and the other girl. But you can only get her vore scene after eating the cat girl and the other girl.

I'm only wondering why, because to new people that may find this game may want to do it in the order it says, don't know why but it is still a possibility even if it's low.

Real quick before I post this comment, is the word Princzss spelled like that on purpose as it would be how they say it in Pri's home world or is that a spelling error?

Yeah, the vore scenes being out of order is something I've been trying to get fixed for awhile. Also, princess being spelled prinzess is most likely a spelling error which will probably never be fixed. Does make it unique at the very least.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sbot041 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:51 pm

how do you respawn in the chicken if you ate it or its not there?
sbot041
New to the forum

Postby feauxen » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:18 pm

feauxen wrote:So I'm replaying the game to get a Jacob that heals and I've noticed a few bugs. First, in the neighbor girl scene there's a few old 2D pictures of Pri, which I honestly didn't mind but seemed unintentional given that similar pictures elsewhere have all been updated. They did feature Pri with a textbox though, and were unique to that specific interaction as far as I can tell. I can see how they'd slip under the radar, that's not a scene I'd ever think to replay.

Second, and much more seriously, there's something of a debug plant in the game. If you interact with the right face of the plant vase to the upper left of the vore club table (walk straight left from Jennifer and press enter) in the cafeteria, the Neko and Jennifer will spontaneously disappear. What's more, aside from the quest journal failing to update, the game treats the two as though they've been vored for the most part and you can start the redhead's vore path right away instead of having to wait until you've actually eaten her friends. I checked, and if you talk to the neko before hitting the plant, you can still play through the clubhouse scenes as normal. Notably though, if you don't talk to the Neko before executing the glitch you CANNOT access the clubhouse and thus CANNOT access either Jennifer or the Neko's scenes. You can't even go into Jennifer's tent on the beach. In other words, two vore scenes are permanently locked to you, and a third (as well as possibly a fourth depending on how you count the neighbor prerequisite) is only available because the bug is merciful and strange. Pray you don't accidentally save in that broken state, the save file will be permanently broken. (I may or may not have done this by accident while I was savescumming and playing with what actually caused the bug. Fortunately I didn't lose much progress...but if I'd saved the vore club for later in the game I would NOT have been happy about that little mistake. I'm still kind of upset but I got back to where I was in about five minutes of dialogue skipping.)

Anyway, I've sequence broken the game without losing out on any vore scenes, so I'm officially done poking this bug. It's cost me enough time already. Don't ask how I found it, and definitely don't ask how long it took me to realize that the plant was at fault and it wasn't anything to do with talking to Jennifer at all. The answers to both questions are embarrassing.

I've quoted my last post because I don't know if this glitch is related or not, but I did encounter it in the save file where I talked to the neko girl and then executed the glitch (thus enabling a full quest log) so it's possible.

Other potential causes are that the first time I entered Leah's house (she's the little girl who feeds you her brother, sister, mother, and friends) I had live prey in my stomach (specifically the 'little pred' and even more specifically her plus her half-digested mother.) Unfortunately I saved after discovering this glitch before realizing it was definitely a glitch for reasons I'll get to later.

The glitch is pretty simple, I've not yet so much as talked to Leah within her house but I can go into her backyard and play 'hide and seek' with her friends so long as I buy her apple juice. EDIT: actually the door to her shed stays locked even though she stole my juice and I'm told to progress further in her story. Not as much of a sequence break as I thought. Still weird though.) Also, because my stomach was full Leah wasn't showing up in the front room of her house. By the time I'd gone to buy apple juice I'd finished digestion and habitually hit save to make sure I didn't lose the quest log update. Then I saw Leah in the front room of her house when I got back and recalled that, no, you never went to the backyard during Leah's storyline until the very end. So I played a hunch, didn't talk to front-room-Leah and went out to the backyard. Wouldn't you know it, she was in both places at the same time, and even accepted the apple juice.

So either that plant I slapped yesterday is a professional sequence breaker or there's just no lock on the backyard even when there should be on new 2.0 saves. At the very least, Leah shouldn't be standing in two places at once and definitely shouldn't be halfway through helping me eat her friends before even extending the offer to let me eat them in the first place. I just wish I knew for sure that my bugged save was to blame, but given how long I'd have to spent getting to Leah's house on a non-bugged save I sadly cannot be bothered to check. Replaying the game once is already tedious enough when I have to go back through the story (the puzzles are just tedious the second time through and there is no. goddamn. cutscene skip button. And the dialogue text just

keeps

pausing and then unskippably moving...really...slow...all...of...the...sudden...

It's nice flavor the first time through the game, maybe, but even then I remember being bugged by it. Though ironically if I wasn't in the habit of mashing enter as I talked to NPCs I would never have accidentally mashed enter as I walked into the plant and discovered that (this?) bug in the first place.

Silver lining?

No, it's not a silver lining. The inconsistent way the dialogue progresses means I can't just double-tap every text box to skip it and thus skillfully avoid re-talking to that same NPC that just fork-fed me 17 paragraphs of I-don't-care-I-heard-you-the-second-time-please shut-up. And at that point it's a self-perpetuating cycle of misery.

This was supposed to be a bug report, but I've digressed into a complaint about the tedious dialogue. I wish I could say I regretted that. As a sidenote, a nice way to preserve the ponderous dialogue the first time through and make sure that us in-a-hurry folk are happy too is to put in a separate button that fast-forwards dialogue AND ONLY DIALOGUE so that you don't ever accidentally mash your way through a, 'no I'm not hungry' prompt again. Or worse, mash your way through a, 'yeah I wanted to eat her, no really I'm sure of it this time' prompt when you never actually meant to talk to that person you already ate in in the first place. Replaying vore scenes without having to save scum is nice and one of my favorite features of this game that I wish other games had. Dealing with a full belly when I had someone else in mind to eat is not so nice, especially when I'm not near one of the screen transitions that progresses digestion. (Come to think of it, are those supposed to be there or is this another bug?)
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby TerroristPhoenix » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:12 pm

Hmmm, I like Pri very much so I created this character in HS2 to alter her images.
Don't get me wrong, koikatsu or what software you using to create that is not bad, but I like 3D characters better.

Sorry for dark background, I did that screen by printscreen instead of classic way and now I regret doing that.
It's a bit difficult to add weight states because HS have only pregnancy in mind, not vore. Buuut, if there is some way to make her full not by editing images in external editor, I do it.
I'm playing games for content, not to satisfy fetishes.
Fan of Ren'Py engine and a bit of amateur developer.

HATE: GREEDY DEVS, PAID GAMES
TerroristPhoenix
New to the forum

Postby feauxen » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:59 pm

TerroristPhoenix wrote:Hmmm, I like Pri very much so I created this character in HS2 to alter her images.
Don't get me wrong, koikatsu or what software you using to create that is not bad, but I like 3D characters better.

Sorry for dark background, I did that screen by printscreen instead of classic way and now I regret doing that.
It's a bit difficult to add weight states because HS have only pregnancy in mind, not vore. Buuut, if there is some way to make her full not by editing images in external editor, I do it.

I'm confused. Isn't Pri already 3D? You seem to be implying she's not, which would mean you're using a really rather old version of the game.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby TerroristPhoenix » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:41 pm

I don't think so. To me "real" 3D character is from DAZ and other advanced tools, something "like" 3D can be exported from HS, AI, etc, but these editors are limited by included content packs.
Same thing going for Koikatsu, but even less realistic and it's like kids coloring book. So yeah, I see just that, even if there are some things that aren't included in other tools.

BTW: Old 2D images are still part of content. I don't really know why, but they are here.
I'm playing games for content, not to satisfy fetishes.
Fan of Ren'Py engine and a bit of amateur developer.

HATE: GREEDY DEVS, PAID GAMES
TerroristPhoenix
New to the forum

Postby feauxen » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:53 am

So it is possible to get 10 carrots for the bunny family scene without stealing from the Inn if you harvest the ones in their yard and defeat the wolfgirl twice...but the game doesn't think those carrots are valid if you do that and you end up having to rob the inn anyway. Which is mildly annoying. I've GOT 10 carrots, what's the problem?!
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:20 am

TerroristPhoenix wrote:I don't think so. To me "real" 3D character is from DAZ and other advanced tools, something "like" 3D can be exported from HS, AI, etc, but these editors are limited by included content packs.
Same thing going for Koikatsu, but even less realistic and it's like kids coloring book. So yeah, I see just that, even if there are some things that aren't included in other tools.

BTW: Old 2D images are still part of content. I don't really know why, but they are here.

Ah your trying to classify the style against what it actually is. 3d software like koikatsu and MMD are real 3d softawre but again the issue is they use and support different things then traditional 3d modeling tools like HS and DAZ just because it is in a anime style and uses toon shaders dosent mean it isnt 3d. tho i do agree that HS would help with some limitations the dev is running in to for things like WG (I cant afford HS or id use it for something i am working on rn lol)
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Kavvanshrike » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:28 am

Yeah I think updates are slow enough without asking the developer to pick up daz3d and expect them to learn 3d modelling, texturing and rigging or fork over loads of money to buy models from the asset store just because you don't think the art style is realistic enough.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby Bigbadbill6969 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi, how do you get to weight level 4? Also is there a way to take your clothes off in this game?
Bigbadbill6969
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:05 pm

Bigbadbill6969 wrote:Hi, how do you get to weight level 4? Also is there a way to take your clothes off in this game?

Believe it or not, the way to do both is to find more vore scenes. If you find enough different ones, not only will Pri go up a level but her clothes will break. There is also a level 5, which you also get from finding enough scenes.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby JadeThePanda » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:14 am

I think replaying scenes will help progress WG unless that's been changed. I don't personally think it should be/should've been, though.
Just a lesbian furry that likes willing endo/reformation stuff.
JadeThePanda
Somewhat familiar

Postby WhatTheNani » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:52 pm

Just found this game a few days ago and enjoyed it a ton. There's quite a bit of content of some pretty high quality. My biggest gripe is just how difficult it can be to figure out what to do or where to go at times. Its often obvious, but without the guide there would have been a ton of stuff I'd have missed. Hell, it took me forever to unlock the beach hotel because I didn't realize you could interact with the changing rooms and that you needed to do so to progress. It seems like later updates have made sure to put sparkles by interactable objects, which is much appreciated, but even then some stuff (like the entrance to the area with robert and his wife) is not the most clear.

Also I'm assuming that the scenes in the quest log beneath "Pred. Pri/ ? and her guards" are currently patreon exclusive content? Cause otherwise I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them. Oh, and for some reason, despite having viewed the scene and being able to replay it, the scene with "Sold Girl" is still marked as unseen. In a similar vein, in the vore clubs quest log, despite having eaten everyone in it, the bit with "lunch" is marked unseen, so wondering if I missed a scene or if that's another bug.

Beyond that looking will definitely be keeping tabs on this game and looking forward to future updates. For personal tastes wouldn't mind some more prey scenes, and some more F/M or sexual content, but I'd also be plenty happy to mostly just get more of the type of scenes we've been getting so far.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby mistermadness » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:42 am

WhatTheNani wrote:Also I'm assuming that the scenes in the quest log beneath "Pred. Pri/ ? and her guards" are currently patreon exclusive content? Cause otherwise I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them. Oh, and for some reason, despite having viewed the scene and being able to replay it, the scene with "Sold Girl" is still marked as unseen. In a similar vein, in the vore clubs quest log, despite having eaten everyone in it, the bit with "lunch" is marked unseen, so wondering if I missed a scene or if that's another bug.

yes the scenes below that are patreon only, the easiest way to check that is simply by looking at the scenes in the guide, if it isnt in the guide, its a patreon only scene, and you need to wait for that to become public. once the current patreon version becomes public, the guide is also already updated for that, and the new guide with the extra scenes should then be on the post (unless oppi forgets, he did that last time and i had to remind him :) )
perfect madness, always leads to succes
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby newfunland » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:23 pm

Can someone remind me or tell me what's the vore scene where we get a POV of pri eating a female prey?(like the only one in the game where she's actually visible while she eats her prey?) I remember seeing it somewhere but I forgot if it was in the first map or the second EDIT: nevermind I found it after digging around for a bit
newfunland
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game