Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby GroxHimmel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:46 pm

markdf wrote:
GroxHimmel wrote:Ooooooh that’d be why then. I’ll have to try and see if i can get my slavery mods to work without DA then. Cause yes it is just disabled through it’s MCM instead of fully disabled.

My opinion -- both as a former DA user AND as the FallrimTools guy that receives a dozen broken savefiles each week from sad muffins -- is that Death Alternative causes too many problems.

I think the creator of DA did amazing work, and it's a masterpiece of scriptwork, customizability, extensibility, and good design. But the thing it's doing is fundamentally at odds with how the Skyrim works, and there's no way for it to NOT cause problems, regardless of how well-made it is.

Sounds like a similar issue with the play as your killer option with devourment in a slight way. Much more so with playing as creatures and it definitely makes sense to cause issues. If it had been something incorporated intentionally with skyrim it probably would have a been a slam dunk aspect of the game. But i definitely see the trouble it can cause, especially with other mods that stick to the base death system. Thanks for the reply and i’m about to try and see if defeat can be used in place of DA for my other fun mod needs.
GroxHimmel
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 pm

Zhao wrote:So after downloading the latest version and getting rid of a possible conflicting dll addon for sse fixes, devourment almost finally works for me. Almost.
My final 2 problems that i wanted to ask to see if others have come across them, and if a solution has been made are -
When a human NPC predator swallows someone, their physics freak out. Basically during the swallow animation they start phasing around in the same area, this stops after the animation is complete.
I remember this was brought up by someone a while ago, but I don't know if a solution was presented or not.
Second problem is when my character, but only mine, is about to get eaten, i get the message that the swallow attempt was successful and the animation plays, but then I don't get eaten. My character is still there, unable to act, and my attacker can still attack me.

I'm aware of the physics thing. It's not specifically a Devourment issue -- if you pay attention, you'll occasionally catch NPCs and creatures doing that under other circumstances. Devourment does seem to be especially good at triggering that behaviour though. I have yet to find the cause or a solution, but I have noted that for NPCs it only seems to happen with males -- leading me to consider penises as a possible cause.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zhao » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:06 pm

I see, it's mostly like an creation engine issue, which has many to begin with. Probably doesn't help troubleshooting, but for me it happens with females. But i am also using females from the COTR mod that creates duplicate races of better looking original ones.
But what about the swallow fail issue, is that related to it, or something else entirely?
I have noticed too after a while I can regain control, but it take minutes to recover. The game during this time considers me eaten but no digest damage or sound is taken.
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby pendingdelet02h623 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Is there any way to keep digestion going during a sexlab scene, or is it stopping a stability thing as per "Devourment will try to stop processing anyone involved in a sex scene"?
pendingdelet02h623
Been posting for a bit

Postby HungryBlueDragon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Anyone have any ideas what might make this work with the Inflation Framework and a sexlab cum inflation mod? "Baka's Fill Her Up" specifically. I had high hopes because of being able to change belly size with devourment but I haven't been able to figure out a load order that allows any actors to be inflated with it.
HungryBlueDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 pm

cthuloid9 wrote:Is there any way to keep digestion going during a sexlab scene, or is it stopping a stability thing as per "Devourment will try to stop processing anyone involved in a sex scene"?

Stability -- it's more so that morphs and vomiting and whatnot don't happen during sexlab scenes.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ItanParker1997 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 pm

It seems very much like you have an out-of-date DISTR.ini file somewhere in your Devourment directory.

Sorry, I’m not sure what it means. You’re thinking that somewhere else I’m having another vore mod or what? Sorry, I’m completely not understanding. What should I do? You’re saying out-of-date file. So then, what should I do? Right now every version of Devourment Refactor installed not works, even that ones which were working before. But if I’m uninstall refactor, then everything start working again. So then, what should I do?
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby HungryBlueDragon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:31 am

Does "Devourment Level" do anything independent of Predator and Prey levels? I needed to reset to stop constant "you feel pressure building in your guts" messages and belly sloshing. "Devourment Level" was set to 0 but pred and prey levels stayed the same.

As a note, only the sloshing stopped. I'm still getting constant pressure building alerts.
HungryBlueDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:54 am

Could anyone please provide me instructions on how to install manually?
NMM is stuffing up on my end in such a way that installing and activating the mod fails regardless of what I do.
Thanks in advance.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Jawsy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 am

Having this problem where the spell perk item distributor detects all the DISTRI files, but doesn't distribute the DevourmentVorish keyword to anyone. meaning no NPCs can perform vore without without the use of the console or retro spells. not sure why this is happening at all.
Jawsy
New to the forum

Postby oystercatcher7 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:29 am

Hey guys!

I've downloaded this mod from Loverslab and (assuming it's the same here), I wanted to ask for help.

I'm more into the creature vore than human NPC vore, but while the vore itself works, the bellies don't grow.

When installing, I included the bodyslide models and selected "Build Morphs", as I know that is what allows bellies to grow in this and in similar mods. I also ran FNIS afterwards.
However, despite this, the bellies still don't grow. I even set the belly scale to 50% on the creatures to see if the batch building even worked, and they did as all the creatures had large bellies, so I can at least confirm the bodyslide models work, but they still don't grow or have struggle physics.

It should also be noted that human NPC bellies seem to work fine.

I also don't have any active mods installed that alter creature bodies. I disabled MNC and Horny Creatures.

Does anyone else have this issue?
oystercatcher7
New to the forum

Postby Macross » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Younger99 wrote:Could anyone please provide me instructions on how to install manually?
NMM is stuffing up on my end in such a way that installing and activating the mod fails regardless of what I do.
Thanks in advance.

There is a NMM specific installation guide linked on the first post. I'd start there.
Macross
Somewhat familiar

Postby Macross » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:43 pm

oystercatcher7 wrote:I'm more into the creature vore than human NPC vore, but while the vore itself works, the bellies don't grow.

It is a known bug. I haven't had a chance to examine it very much. The issue is we haven't been very successful in recreating the bug on our end.

It's been reported before, and when we find a fix, we'll implement it.
Macross
Somewhat familiar

Postby oystercatcher7 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:39 pm

Macross wrote:
oystercatcher7 wrote:I'm more into the creature vore than human NPC vore, but while the vore itself works, the bellies don't grow.

It is a known bug. I haven't had a chance to examine it very much. The issue is we haven't been very successful in recreating the bug on our end.

It's been reported before, and when we find a fix, we'll implement it.
Ahhh thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe one of the requirements I have is outdated and I need to update. I've tried a number of things from reinstalling to trying the different options during installation to seeing if any other mods are preventing the effects, so that's the only thing I can think of now. Hopefully there will be an update, or I'll find a solution soon.

Keep up the amazing work! ^^;
oystercatcher7
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:48 pm

After the update, whenever I get eaten and vomited back up, half my screen is black. I think something is wrong with the mesh for the new vomit animations? Only happens with Animated Defilement, not with the other 2 options.

Edit - Nevermind, it still happens with the other 2....not sure why it didn't on the first few and now it does.
Last edited by Farfanuggen on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Younger99 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Macross wrote:
Younger99 wrote:Could anyone please provide me instructions on how to install manually?
Thanks in advance.

There is a NMM specific installation guide linked on the first post. I'd start there.

Well NMM isn't working on my end so yeah.
I was hoping to see if I could install the mod without NMM but am unsure on how to go about it.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Macross » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Younger99 wrote:I was hoping to see if I could install the mod without NMM but am unsure on how to go about it.

Did you try looking at the guide at all? Most of the installation is done manually because NMM's outdated systems don't handle Refactor's FOMOD structure very well. It only involves NMM at the end to get it to play nice with the rest of your mods.
Macross
Somewhat familiar

Postby BoxxFoxx » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:30 pm

@Younger99

For Skyrim Special Edition I still use NMM as my mod manager and can install Refactor using it just fine. Arguments about mod managers aside, if you want to install Refactor with NMM make sure you're using the latest build. The official version was abandoned years ago but a new community version is maintained and in pretty active development on Github, download new versions from there: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod ... r/releases
I also go by Gaz
BoxxFoxx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Younger99 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Macross wrote:
Younger99 wrote:I was hoping to see if I could install the mod without NMM but am unsure on how to go about it.

Did you try looking at the guide at all? Most of the installation is done manually because NMM's outdated systems don't handle Refactor's FOMOD structure very well. It only involves NMM at the end to get it to play nice with the rest of your mods.

My apologies.
To explain why I asked this was before for reasons beyond me I found that I could install the earlier versions solely via the usage of NMM.
Regardless I solved it.
I appreciate your assistance and wish you a good day.
Younger99
Participator

Postby zerothx16 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm

Younger99 wrote:Well NMM isn't working on my end so yeah.
I was hoping to see if I could install the mod without NMM but am unsure on how to go about it.

BoxxFoxx wrote:For Skyrim Special Edition I still use NMM as my mod manager and can install Refactor using it just fine. Arguments about mod managers aside, if you want to install Refactor with NMM make sure you're using the latest build. The official version was abandoned years ago but a new community version is maintained and in pretty active development on Github, download new versions from there: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod ... r/releases

Boxfoxx is right, the community managing the new NMM has made it a decent manager compared to what it used to be. Make sure both NMM and Refactor are the most current versions. If you are still having issues, you can find a response from Markdf to me, about how to get the mod to install. I'll tell you what I did, but keep in mind I am not perfect at these sorts of things, but I have not really had a problem so far. Download the current version, 1 Unzip it somewhere as its file structure and not loose. 2 Delete the FOMOD folder. 3 go into optional and look at the INI files. These files are the options you prefer, that you see during the fomod menu during the usual install. Delete the options you don't want. 4. Go into Meshes_creature, and go into dlc01 and move the actors folder back one to join it with the rest of the actors folder. 5 Now go back to optional and rename meshes_creature to just meshes, and do the same to meshes_npc to just meshes. your system will tell you that there are two folders named the same. Allow them to overwrite because it will just merge the two meshes folders and sort everything. 6 As long as you deleted the ini options you did not want, you can highlight everything and move it back one folder into the main devourmentRefactor folder. 7 Delete the now empty optional folder. 8.Rename the main folder into something else other than what you downloaded it as and zip it up to download with NMM.

I don't know anything about modding, or how to properly structure your folders when changing how mods install so only do what I did if it is cleared by someone who knows better than me. Doing this seemed to work for me, and the only issue I have is the creature body slide files arent organized in bodyslide, which is likely related to what I did. The creatures seem to be the only thing with this issue in bodyside but there is not many of them anyway, so it is easy to select each in during batch build, and only those creatures. Also before doing this make sure NMM and Devourment Refactor are both on the latest version and try it that way. I am one or two versions behind on both, and above is how I installed everything.

Younger99 wrote:
Macross wrote:

My apologies.
To explain why I asked this was before for reasons beyond me I found that I could install the earlier versions solely via the usage of NMM.
Regardless I solved it.
I appreciate your assistance and wish you a good day.

EDIT: Oh it took me too long to respond xD. Well if this was figured out, maybe the newest updates will make NMM work for me again. Everyone reading this, ignore my attempt at help because its probably not going to help anyone.
zerothx16
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game