Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby NeatyDude » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Dengamer wrote:i cant seem to gain any perks and i cannot open the skill tree any idea what the issue could be?

Actually, I'm having this problem too. Custom skill framework is installed, it's just the DLL plugin loader being buggy as heck. I've looked up some fixes, like the engine fixes and a suggestion to completely delete DLLPL after having installed the engine fixes. Nothing has worked, but that has been my only issue with this mod.
Other than that, this is really well done!
Just an anonymous user
NeatyDude
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:33 pm

NeatyDude wrote:
Dengamer wrote:i cant seem to gain any perks and i cannot open the skill tree any idea what the issue could be?

Actually, I'm having this problem too. Custom skill framework is installed, it's just the DLL plugin loader being buggy as heck. I've looked up some fixes, like the engine fixes and a suggestion to completely delete DLLPL after having installed the engine fixes. Nothing has worked, but that has been my only issue with this mod.

Have you checked if you have too many SKSE plugins?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby phillipswilliam92 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:53 pm

So I jest found this version of Devourment and was woundering is Devourment Dialogue, Burps and Bellies, Approach and the I_Need Compatibility patch, all compatible with this version of Devourment?
phillipswilliam92
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:30 pm

phillipswilliam92 wrote:So I jest found this version of Devourment and was woundering is Devourment Dialogue, Burps and Bellies, Approach and the I_Need Compatibility patch, all compatible with this version of Devourment?

You'll want to re-read the first post.

INeed, RealisticNeeds, and MiniNeeds compatibility are built in.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kendri » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 pm

markdf wrote:
NeatyDude wrote:

Have you checked if you have too many SKSE plugins?

I'd like to add I'm having kind of the same issue, the perk tree works on my end however I'm not rewarded experience/skill/perk points no matter how much I devour. I've also noticed most NPC names don't appear in the vore flavor text, for example most of the time it's "Player is swallowing ." or "Player is digesting ." I've only got a tiny handful of SKSE plugins (mostly just refactor requirements and engine fixes) so I don't believe that is the culprit. When I used debug to give myself max perk points I could spend them properly.
Kendri
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 am

Kendri wrote:I'd like to add I'm having kind of the same issue, the perk tree works on my end however I'm not rewarded experience/skill/perk points no matter how much I devour. I've also noticed most NPC names don't appear in the vore flavor text, for example most of the time it's "Player is swallowing ." or "Player is digesting ." I've only got a tiny handful of SKSE plugins (mostly just refactor requirements and engine fixes) so I don't believe that is the culprit. When I used debug to give myself max perk points I could spend them properly.

You've got PapyrusUtil installed, right?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:07 am

The bellies still don't appear for me.

EDIT: Now it's appeared but it's weird and the model is very messed up with the belly drooping down to the floor in a weird way
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 am

Some images of the problem. I think it has something to do with BodySlide but IDK for sure. It only happens with the default belly, any other bellies simply do not appear at all.
Spoiler: show
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:06 am

Phorcyz19 wrote:The bellies still don't appear for me.

EDIT: Now it's appeared but it's weird and the model is very messed up with the belly drooping down to the floor in a weird way

What body are you using? Do you have CPBC or SMP?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Horatius Horatio » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:22 am

Really stupid question but how do you get Prey exp?
Horatius Horatio
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:49 am

Kendri wrote:I'd like to add I'm having kind of the same issue, the perk tree works on my end however I'm not rewarded experience/skill/perk points no matter how much I devour. I've also noticed most NPC names don't appear in the vore flavor text, for example most of the time it's "Player is swallowing ." or "Player is digesting ." I've only got a tiny handful of SKSE plugins (mostly just refactor requirements and engine fixes) so I don't believe that is the culprit. When I used debug to give myself max perk points I could spend them properly.

I'll add a mouseover to the skill info in the MCM to make it more obvious how close you are to a skill increase.
I'll also doublecheck the logic for how NPCs are named.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 am

Horatius Horatio wrote:Really stupid question but how do you get Prey exp?

By being swallowed, and from struggling while swallowed.

High level preds give more experience.

The more struggle damage you deal, the more experience you get.

You also get a tiny bit from endo, but you have to be swallowed hundreds of times to gain a point of prey skill.

Pred experience comes from swallowing prey. Higher level prey provide more experience. You get experience from receiving struggle damage from prey, and a tiny bit from endo.

Still tweaking the formula for how much experience is required to gain skill points.

=======================
The first skill increase takes a lot of experience compared to the subsequent ones. This is because you don't start with your skills at 1, the way a level 1 NPC does. So before you get your first skill increase, you have to get the equivalent experience for all the skill points you got for free.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Phorcyz19 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 am

markdf wrote:
Phorcyz19 wrote:The bellies still don't appear for me.

What body are you using? Do you have CPBC or SMP?

I dont know what either of those are I'm using CBBE
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby phillipswilliam92 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:37 am

Which version of PO3 Papyrus Extender is Required? I have version 4.2 installed but the MCM it's not their, All the other mod Requirements show up jest not PO3 Papyrus Extender. All so the perk tree will not show up when I exit the MCM. Can You Please help.
phillipswilliam92
New to the forum

Postby flamelord786 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:14 am

markdf wrote:
flamelord786 wrote:Do you plan on adding breast vore and cock vore at some point? It was one of my favorite things about the original Devourment mod.

Which original devourment? As far as I know (and I could be wrong), the only version that ever had breast and cock was the older version of Devourment Refactor from Discord. And it didn't have animations or anything.

The scripting required to manage the body nodes/sliders was pretty intense, and I think exactly one person EVER provided feedback about it (specifically laughter over the fact that I gave CockVore the "Hadouken" sound effect from SFII...) That's why I removed it.

If you have a proposal for specific set of breast vore or cock vore features, feel free to provide it. I'll definitely take it into consideration but I wont promise anything.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the one I was thinking about. Things get a bit confusing when there are 10+ different threads on this site for a vore mod for Skyrim and they all have some variation of Devourment in the name. Sorry about that.
If it's that much of a mess to deal with though, don't worry about it.
flamelord786
Been posting for a bit

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:19 am

Just wanted to express my immense gratitude for your work on this. This project is a shining light in the mess of Devourment modding, thank you for the great work!

I would also like to report a veeery minor bug. It seems that the iNeed ModHunger value is inverse to what it should be (atm digestion makes you hungrier). I was able to fix this myself back when I was using your mod many months ago just by swapping the sign of the value.
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby sarusan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:18 pm

I found a bug when the player escapes after being eaten, you become unable to interact with any crafting station that requires an animation to play before using it (forge, enchanting table, alchemy lab, etc.). When the player tries to interact with one of these crafting stations, the camera will jump into third person, the player will stare at the crafting station, and then you will regain control of your character after a few seconds, but the crafting menu will not open. I made a new game and tested it at a cooking pot, where the menu opened fine, but after getting eaten and spit out, I was unable to use the same pot. Saving and reloading doesn't seem to fix the issue, only reloading a save from before you were eaten seems to do anything.
sarusan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Entirely_Logical » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:32 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:Some images of the problem. I think it has something to do with BodySlide but IDK for sure. It only happens with the default belly, any other bellies simply do not appear at all.

It's curious that you have that happening with females, because that's basically what I've been seeing on male characters, which leads me to believe that SOS might be partially responsible.

sarusan wrote:I found a bug when the player escapes after being eaten, you become unable to interact with any crafting station that requires an animation to play before using it (forge, enchanting table, alchemy lab, etc.). When the player tries to interact with one of these crafting stations, the camera will jump into third person, the player will stare at the crafting station, and then you will regain control of your character after a few seconds, but the crafting menu will not open. I made a new game and tested it at a cooking pot, where the menu opened fine, but after getting eaten and spit out, I was unable to use the same pot. Saving and reloading doesn't seem to fix the issue, only reloading a save from before you were eaten seems to do anything.

That's an old bug tied to custom animations, easily rectified with a console command. Activate your console (` or ~) and type the following

player.tai
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby jokerert1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Quick questions do i need to make new saves everytime the mod updates or is it ok if just update the mod ?
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kendri » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:31 pm

markdf wrote:

You've got PapyrusUtil installed, right?

EDIT3: NVM, seems like the issues were fixed upon updating to 02-16!
Kendri
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game