Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:52 pm

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:i figured out that the struggle mechanic doesn't work if you have a controller connected even if you are pressing the keyboard also I have transforming into the person who ate me off so I don't know what could case the clicking noise

That is fantastic information, thank you. Now to figure out how to resolve it.

I'll look into the clicking noise more seriously.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:02 pm

markdf wrote:
Entirely_Logical wrote:I'm glad the meshes are in place now, though they appear to be attached to the incorrect part of the skeleton when using a male character. Females look fine, but for males it appears at the character's feet with the skin stretched out awkwardly.

Is another mod overwriting the XPMSE male skeleton?

I don't believe so; I recently installed an update for said skeleton, and it's behind anything that might affect that in the load order.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I don't believe so; I recently installed an update for said skeleton, and it's behind anything that might affect that in the load order.
[/quote]
Does changing race make any difference? And do male NPCs have the same issue?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jellman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm

stranger dialog seems to have a number of issues for me, ill list issues here,

drunk wench dialog just wont proc, although that could just be rng being fucky, but I tested this part ALOT

dialog is often mismatched between asking the stranger to eat you and being in their belly, sometimes its even the default nonlethal dialog for being in belly, it seems consistent for what dialogs this happens for too

all other dialog SEEMS to be working perfectly aside from strangers stuff

also good work, issues aside, this seems to be the least busted version of devourment ive played with
jellman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Changing race makes no difference, and it does the same with NPCs
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MrSommer03 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:23 pm

First of all it's nice to see that the mod still exists. However, I have a few small problems that I would like to have solved.
The following:
After the player has been swallowed for the first time (whether fatal or not), interactions with blacksmiths and the like are no longer possible. That was also the case in the original version and I would like to know whether others have / had this problem and whether they had a solution.
Second, I believe the Dialoug with companions: swallow me whenever you feel like it. doesn't seem to work.
And lastly, I would like to know if enemies (bandits and co) can swallow you during a fight.
That would be pretty much all, thanks for the idea when the player is digested.

Sry for my english, google have translated^^
MrSommer03
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:59 pm

The loading of the perk trees doesn't work for me. Everything else seems to be working fine, but every time I select to open a tree it just doesn't do anything after MCM is closed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby markdf » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:02 pm

jellman wrote:stranger dialog seems to have a number of issues for me, ill list issues here,

drunk wench dialog just wont proc, although that could just be rng being fucky, but I tested this part ALOT

dialog is often mismatched between asking the stranger to eat you and being in their belly, sometimes its even the default nonlethal dialog for being in belly, it seems consistent for what dialogs this happens for too

also good work, issues aside, this seems to be the least busted version of devourment ive played with

What do you mean by "Wont Proc"?

If you can be specific about which lines of dialogue have problems, that would really help. There's way too much for me track down a bad set of conditions without knowing exactly where to look.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:23 pm

My issue could very well have something to do with my own modlist or load order; most other functions work fine - curiously, stats aren't tallying properly and everything is listed as Other - and the game is still quite playable, but this cosmetic thing is bothering me.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Farfanuggen » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:My issue could very well have something to do with my own modlist or load order; most other functions work fine - curiously, stats aren't tallying properly and everything is listed as Other - and the game is still quite playable, but this cosmetic thing is bothering me.

Now that I look at it, I have this issue as well. I started a new save and the few things I've digested so far just show up as Other. There were benefits associated with digesting the certain races, if that is still true then nothing being counted properly ends up not giving you those bonus things.

Edit - I got the perk trees working, I'm just a moron and renamed the wrong files for the DLL extension.
Last edited by Farfanuggen on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby MrSommer03 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:35 pm

After the player has been swallowed for the first time, forges and the like can no longer be used
MrSommer03
New to the forum

Postby Masxohn » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:28 pm

markdf wrote:
jellman wrote:stranger dialog seems to have a number of issues for me, ill list issues here,

What do you mean by "Wont Proc"?

If you can be specific about which lines of dialogue have problems, that would really help. There's way too much for me track down a bad set of conditions without knowing exactly where to look.

Won't proc means in short means won't trigger/won't activate (mostly used in applying an effect). Was also specific (somewhat) on what lines of dialog, something involving drunk people/drinking people (drunk woman). I have also had my own share of dialog behaving weirdly. Specifically the innkeeper lines of renting a special room, upon asking about the backdoor special 8 times out of 10 it'll choose the 3rd line of dialog about another customer is waiting (probably worse) and I test it out close to 30 times trying to get the specific line of the innkeeper informing you what the backdoor special is (only got that one once).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby markdf » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:27 pm

Masxohn wrote:Won't proc means in short means won't trigger/won't activate (mostly used in applying an effect). Was also specific (somewhat) on what lines of dialog, something involving drunk people/drinking people (drunk woman). I have also had my own share of dialog behaving weirdly. Specifically the innkeeper lines of renting a special room, upon asking about the backdoor special 8 times out of 10 it'll choose the 3rd line of dialog about another customer is waiting (probably worse) and I test it out close to 30 times trying to get the specific line of the innkeeper informing you what the backdoor special is (only got that one once).

So there are thirty Infos for the beginning of stomach dialogue, and there's nothing directly connecting the innkeeper response to the innkeeper vore scene. I'll need to add an additional quest stage for that.

It actually may not be possible without rearranging things fairly substantially. I'll do what I can, but ultimately for dialogue it may be better to wait for something like Invidia's dialogue mod.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mountainman0029 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:07 am

Many thanks for your work on this mod; have been very curious about it. I'll report any difficulties (without silly questions I hope!)
mountainman0029
New to the forum

Postby ShamelessWriter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:52 am

For being originally intended as a modder's resource, this is a very solid mod with the few slice of life changes you've made so far and I've been enjoying your work quite a bit! The addition of visible health bars, the struggle system and how the multi-prey system comes together is all fun. The new bodyslide works well, it's been coming together greatly and I can't wait for when you post more updates in the future.

The only bug that I've come across so far, and I actually noticed it when I was using DFaM was when a male character is swallowed up by an animal; it uses the female unwilling sounds. I don't know if this fix is a substantial one (I've really only messed around with SSE Edit, pretty much a script noob) but letting you know. It's really a pretty small thing compared to the experience so far, but I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.
ShamelessWriter
Been posting for a bit

Postby cappotell2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 am

Looks like creatures are still capable of vore even if the dist file is removed or otherwise disabled. Edit: I was able to disable them via the CK. I'll see if I can add a MCM toggle with my limited skill.
Last edited by cappotell2 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cappotell2
New to the forum

Postby flamelord786 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Do you plan on adding breast vore and cock vore at some point? It was one of my favorite things about the original Devourment mod.
flamelord786
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:08 pm

flamelord786 wrote:Do you plan on adding breast vore and cock vore at some point? It was one of my favorite things about the original Devourment mod.

Which original devourment? As far as I know (and I could be wrong), the only version that ever had breast and cock was the older version of Devourment Refactor from Discord. And it didn't have animations or anything.

The scripting required to manage the body nodes/sliders was pretty intense, and I think exactly one person EVER provided feedback about it (specifically laughter over the fact that I gave CockVore the "Hadouken" sound effect from SFII...) That's why I removed it.

If you have a proposal for specific set of breast vore or cock vore features, feel free to provide it. I'll definitely take it into consideration but I wont promise anything.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dengamer » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:00 pm

i cant seem to gain any perks and i cannot open the skill tree any idea what the issue could be?
Dengamer
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Dengamer wrote:i cant seem to gain any perks and i cannot open the skill tree any idea what the issue could be?

Do you have Meh321's Custom Skill Framework installed?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game