Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:08 pm

jokerert1 wrote:Quick questions do i need to make new saves everytime the mod updates or is it ok if just update the mod ?

New save.
If Refactor ever gets to a release stage, I'll start using the versionUpdate system to make it backwards compatible. Until then, most new versions will be at least slightly incompatible with previous ones.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dengamer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:12 pm

guards all scream when you decide to eat and digest someone even if they are a corpse getting you attacked is there a way to stop this from happening?
Dengamer
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Dengamer wrote:guards all scream when you decide to eat and digest someone even if they are a corpse getting you attacked is there a way to stop this from happening?

Necrophagy is kind of a ... you know, crime. Drag the corpse somewhere private where guards can't see.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Black_Knight » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:45 pm

Quick question... how do I know if I am struggling? Is there a meter?... the reason I ask is... when I press the corresponding button it tells me, there is no reaction... also what is the strafe left/right button? I apologize if this is some derp question and I just somehow missed the answer lol
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Black_Knight wrote:Quick question... how do I know if I am struggling? Is there a meter?... the reason I ask is... when I press the corresponding button it tells me, there is no reaction... also what is the strafe left/right button? I apologize if this is some derp question and I just somehow missed the answer lol

Yes, there is a meter at the bottom of the screen -- unless you set the player disabling mechanism to SetRestrained (which completely disables controls) or DisablePlayerControls (which disables the UI). That's one of the reasons I moved to the SetPlayerControls mechanism.

Strafe Left and Strafe Right are old-fashioned terms for A and D in the WASD control scheme.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NeatyDude » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:57 pm

markdf wrote:Have you checked if you have too many SKSE plugins?

Yes. All the mods I have on currently are the ones required for this. The only exception to this is the engine fixes. But I tried before installing engine fixes and after, I get similar results
Just an anonymous user
NeatyDude
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:50 pm

NeatyDude wrote:

Yes. All the mods I have on currently are the ones required for this. The only exception to this is the engine fixes. But I tried before installing engine fixes and after, I get similar results

Still having an issue as well. The new update for today puts anything digested into "Fox" and I still don't gain exp. I attached a screenshot of what the debug info looks like.
Attachments
Debug info.jpg
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby markdf » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Farfanuggen wrote:Still having an issue as well. The new update for today puts anything digested into "Fox" and I still don't gain exp. I attached a screenshot of what the debug info looks like.

I can't replicate this. What exactly have you digested? The more specific, the better.
When you mouseover the skill info in the MCM, what does the highlight text at the bottom say?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Farfanuggen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:55 pm

markdf wrote:
Farfanuggen wrote:Still having an issue as well. The new update for today puts anything digested into "Fox" and I still don't gain exp. I attached a screenshot of what the debug info looks like.

I can't replicate this. What exactly have you digested? The more specific, the better.
When you mouseover the skill info in the MCM, what does the highlight text at the bottom say?

Ok, expwise it seems ok.....I've gotten exp from digesting things.

But every time I eat a bandit it comes up as Fox. I've eaten 6 different ones and all of them show up as Fox. The first 3 in the camp by the exit of Helgen and a few in the mines near Riverwood.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby markdf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:03 am

Farfanuggen wrote:
markdf wrote:

Ok, expwise it seems ok.....I've gotten exp from digesting things.

But every time I eat a bandit it comes up as Fox. I've eaten 6 different ones and all of them show up as Fox. The first 3 in the camp by the exit of Helgen and a few in the mines near Riverwood.

Perfect, thanks. Found the issue and fixed it for the next version. Just have to do a bit more testing before I push it out.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Marchy81 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:08 am

I am also having an issue with pulling up the skill trees. I have read the previous posts and I only have the required mods / plugins installed. XP is being earned and everything is working great except the skill trees showing up. Any suggestions?
Marchy81
New to the forum

Postby ItanParker1997 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:58 am

Will addons devourment dialogue 2.1 and devourment approach working with this mod?
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 am

NeatyDude wrote:

Decided to retry after the recent update fixes and I am getting the exact same issue as NeatyDude. Using either engine fixes or dll loader just causes the game to not launch at all anymore.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ItanParker1997 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am

Can anybody help me with installation? I’m just downloaded all the mods which there said this mod needs, then used vortex to install it (my brain is not able for more difficult work, I’m totally stupid in computers). Can anybody help me with advice how to fix this all? I’m hope that it’s not how it must work
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby ItanParker1997 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:13 am

He is not even able to have animations of anything. When he goes somewhere, he replaces but not moving his hands and legs. Just freezed body pose
Attachments
6DA1B3F0-E448-4532-B2A9-244FCCB83626.jpeg
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

ItanParker1997 wrote:He is not even able to have animations of anything. When he goes somewhere, he replaces but not moving his hands and legs. Just freezed body pose

Did you install Nemesis or FNIS? One or the other is required for XPMSE.

Devourment Refactor is not compatible with ANY other Devourment mods. Just like it says in the FIRST POST.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Decided to retry after the recent update fixes and I am getting the exact same issue as NeatyDude. Using either engine fixes or dll loader just causes the game to not launch at all anymore.

To be completely honest, no one should be playing Skyrim SE without Engine Fixes and NetscriptFramework. They are vital to making the game stable, supporting modern mods, and figuring out what's wrong when crashes happen.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jokerert1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:21 pm

jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby davvvv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:47 am

Anyone else get an issue where the struggle morphs get 'stuck', with the belly becoming gradually more deformed which remains even after prey has been fully digested? Saving and reloading doesn't fix it, recycling the actor doesn't fix it, neither does resetting devourment in the debugging options. From what I can tell the 'big' struggle morphs that happen every so often work fine but very slowly over time the belly will become deformed with other struggle morphs that won't revert back to normal, they'll just keep stretching out more and more the longer it takes the prey to die.

Btw just want to say great work MarkDF, love your version. Hopefully soon some of the addons will get ported and it'll become the definitively best version imo. Thanks for sharing your work. Think it'll ever be possible to have an addon/feature with the ability to request followers to swallow someone/offer themselves to someone? The same for NPCs too if at all possible. The force feeding spell always felt a bit disconnected to me because it feels more like a workaround than a natural thing, that and it can be awkward to use sometimes.

Oh also, just thought I'd point out that in your 'Notable Features' section it still says you removed the MorphVore system even though it hasn't actually been removed? Maybe I misunderstood something though.
davvvv
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:12 pm

davvvv wrote:Anyone else get an issue where the struggle morphs get 'stuck', with the belly becoming gradually more deformed which remains even after prey has been fully digested? Saving and reloading doesn't fix it, recycling the actor doesn't fix it, neither does resetting devourment in the debugging options. From what I can tell the 'big' struggle morphs that happen every so often work fine but very slowly over time the belly will become deformed with other struggle morphs that won't revert back to normal, they'll just keep stretching out more and more the longer it takes the prey to die.

I'll try to take a look at the math for the struggle sliders.

davvvv wrote:Btw just want to say great work MarkDF, love your version. Hopefully soon some of the addons will get ported and it'll become the definitively best version imo. Thanks for sharing your work. Think it'll ever be possible to have an addon/feature with the ability to request followers to swallow someone/offer themselves to someone? The same for NPCs too if at all possible. The force feeding spell always felt a bit disconnected to me because it feels more like a workaround than a natural thing, that and it can be awkward to use sometimes.

I always thought of the Force Feeding as a combat spell, to get enemies to eat each other.

If you want to write up a dialogue tree for what you're describing, I could look into implementing it.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game