Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:43 am

So I haven't actually played Devourment in ages and had to do a big update, which took about 2 days to figure out how to actually get the mod to work again (new dependencies, and I had to update a few of the mods).

Now that I have it working again, I have the issue that the Macross belly type seems to be weirdly dark. My guess is that when it stretches out the texture to fit the belly, it also stretches out the shadows.. likely caused by the gear that I'm wearing. The "skeptic" belly which appears to be the old one doesn't have this issue, but at the same time it's incredibly Light skin-toned and my player character has a rather dark skin tone that doesn't match it at all. So.. Essentially, I don't want to use Skeptic, so I have to figure out how Macross works. Does anyone know how to remove that shadow that overs the upper half of bellies? It's kinda weird since the lower half of the belly is usually well lit.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby hyperguy5500 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:59 am

Started playing Skyrim again and still haven't updated to AE so that's a plus for this mod. Anyone know where there are good vanilla armor conversions? As I'm not too well versed in OutfitStudio but would like to be eventually. On that topic, anyone have a good visual guide for Bodyslide and OutfitStudio for the ColdSteel sliders?
hyperguy5500
New to the forum

Postby thatguy227 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 am

So I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything correctly with this mod’s installation but for some reason skse64 won’t load at all. I’ve tried reinstalling everything and still no luck. Does anyone have a solution for this?
thatguy227
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:54 pm

thatguy227 wrote:So I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything correctly with this mod’s installation but for some reason skse64 won’t load at all. I’ve tried reinstalling everything and still no luck. Does anyone have a solution for this?

The usual reason for this particular one is the wrong version of USSEP, because Arthmoor's a twerp. Here. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby hyperguy5500 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 pm

Anyone know if ThePootis12's conversions are floating around somewhere? I kinda fucked up trying to fix some of the busted armors but messed up the zap sliders and can't revert. If not, eh. I'll try to find the original mods.
hyperguy5500
New to the forum

Postby thatguy227 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:54 pm

Gherking wrote:
thatguy227 wrote:So I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything correctly with this mod’s installation but for some reason skse64 won’t load at all. I’ve tried reinstalling everything and still no luck. Does anyone have a solution for this?

The usual reason for this particular one is the wrong version of USSEP, because Arthmoor's a twerp. Here. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/266

That didn’t seem to be it. Tried disabling some security settings also but that didn’t seem to work either.
thatguy227
New to the forum

Postby blassimg1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:45 pm

does hatter's install guide work for the ae version?
blassimg1
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheLost » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 pm

How do I make the belly morphs?
TheLost
New to the forum

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:27 am

Has anyone been able to fix the issue where the locational morph menu just breaks and defaults all the morph settings to "macross" and "locational morphs"? Even when I revert them to defaults, the moment I leave that menu it changes back. All the morphs do work, I've built them and testing them in the race menu shows they function at least.

Been using this mod for a long time with 0 issue, and it even worked while I started playing recently. Then I started a new save the next day installed a couple mods and it broke. Only mods I added were the triss marigold armor set, a fern model replacer, and TK dodge so this result was pretty unexpected.

edit: I found the solution I hope. Saw a mention that you can just delete the setting .json file and it should work. Couldn't find that, for some reason, so I went to a previous save from the day before that did work. I then saved those settings again, now loading them in the new save works and for some reason makes it RETAIN those settings now.
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby kairos64 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:19 pm

There a good link to any of the armors modded for devourment? There was one, but it got nuked
kairos64
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:49 pm

kairos64 wrote:There a good link to any of the armors modded for devourment? There was one, but it got nuked

https://discord.gg/Zwqnp3c2 (link that explodes ur pc)
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:11 pm

So.. something I noticed awhile back, but a couple of the original spells and -all of- the enchants from the original devourment mod are very much absent. I don't know if I previously mentioned this somewhere, but I figure I'd do it anyway.

My assumptions for this are;
A: The Vore Companion spells were way too abusable in the original mod, seeing as you could just devour the "Voracious Champion" (Master level Conjuration spell) after lowering their HP a bit through physical attacks in order to essentially max out your combat skill levels and to obtain -fully enchanted ebony tier gear- which could be used or sold by disposing of their gear. The 60 second time limit for this summon didn't matter so long as the summon was eaten before then and met their acidic end during their full tour through the dovakhin.
B: Many of the original vore spells that aren't in Refactor were glitchy and would break the mod in a very literal sense, thus had to be removed for stability, and likely weren't that interesting to the folk working on Refactor. Thus no intentions to actually have them exist, even if they worked perfectly fine.
C: The enchants probably took a double wammy here, since spells were re-worked into the perk tree and they probably conflicted with how the stats in refactor worked. Refactor, to my knowledge, doesn't have a dedicated NPC to sell you items.. nor can other NPCs sell mod specialty goods on occasion. I'd argue that this is mostly because of the fact that Spells are now obtained through the perk tree. So enchants to increase acid damage/resistance, Stomach resistance/capacity, Voracity/Maw resistance and so on simply have no place in Refactor. They're also probably considered redundant due to the perk tree.

Interestingly, ReformationAI, despite adding in Mia, an NPC merchant who sells vore related items.. also doesn't include basic enchantments for stat increases within the mod. Instead housing the very useful Size altering enchants, and surprisingly useful weight altering enchants.. (I had a follower who pretty much became a stickwoman because they decided to apparently never eat anyone after I switched on follower weight gain/loss, despite turning the minimal weight to 0 rather than -0.8 which was default, so I had to whack them a few times with the fat is justice stick to get them back to normal. And I mean.. I had to hit them a LOT). I think I'd like to see an enchanted bow that does 1 damage with 0 damage arrows that could cause targets hit to either go around devouring everyone, or to seek the nearest pred and attempt to force themselves in.. even if it's just something silly. The main reason for this is that the spells can't really be used in stealth, at least not without a perk that causes magic to be silent.. but I guess that would probably break things.

As for spells, I'd like to see Alteration spell versions of Rapid digest and Enhanced Secretions.. or at least Rapid Digest (remove thou corpses), since the restoration versions consume a stupid amount of MP (Yes I'm aware I could shorten the time it takes for corpses to digest from the default, but I much rather have an in-game toggle to speed it up rather than always having it go fast. And yes, I know waiting 1 hour will instantly cause all corpses to digest). A Voracious ward spell that allowed you to swallow projectiles and spells at the cost of filling up your stomach would also be nice, although I can imagine someone using it to swallow a dragon's breath.. and then maybe burping/belching it back up at the dragon or some unsuspecting bandits/town guards. (that sounds really annoying to implement tho, so just filling up the stomach capacity would be fine.)

Now.. I've never actually gotten the perk for "burps are infused with the Thaum", my assumption is that it just adds the unrelenting shout to burps. But a Vacuum or "Inhaling" shout just sounds like a Skyrim vore thing, where you'd ragdoll and swallow everything in front of you (likely including loose objects, R.I.P various dungeon crap and people's very steal-able stuff in their houses) with increasing range and width with each word spoken. The alternative to this would probably be a "mass bellyport" spell, which I've seen in vore modules for D&D (particularly this one " https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-Mtz_zQu8z9eS9uDznGC "), which in Skyrim would be a master level that would probably cost a TON of MP and take several seconds to cast.. that would teleport all creatures within a decently large radius into the user's stomach. Of course, this wouldn't be as nearly as fun as the "Vortex (Vore-tex) of terror" sucking up literally everything in it's path.

A silly idea that came to mind after typing all this would be an Aerial Predation spell/skill that would teleport you above your target (or drop down from above) and essentially divebomb down on top of them ass first.. but as I understand that would require it's own animation.. for something rather stupid.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby Iceswallowcome » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:42 am

So I followed all the set from forgetful hatter even downloaded the correct version of the mods she uses but I having trouble with the belly appearing like everything else works but the belly won't show. Is I cause I'm using vortex but that didn't stop fallout belly from showing. I did everything she did with the body slider and yet no belly.
Iceswallowcome
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:45 am

AwokenedWispKP wrote:So.. something I noticed awhile back, but a couple of the original spells and -all of- the enchants from the original devourment mod are very much absent. I don't know if I previously mentioned this somewhere, but I figure I'd do it anyway.

My assumptions for this are;
A: The Vore Companion spells were way too abusable in the original mod, seeing as you could just devour the "Voracious Champion" (Master level Conjuration spell) after lowering their HP a bit through physical attacks in order to essentially max out your combat skill levels and to obtain -fully enchanted ebony tier gear- which could be used or sold by disposing of their gear. The 60 second time limit for this summon didn't matter so long as the summon was eaten before then and met their acidic end during their full tour through the dovakhin.
B: Many of the original vore spells that aren't in Refactor were glitchy and would break the mod in a very literal sense, thus had to be removed for stability, and likely weren't that interesting to the folk working on Refactor. Thus no intentions to actually have them exist, even if they worked perfectly fine.
C: The enchants probably took a double wammy here, since spells were re-worked into the perk tree and they probably conflicted with how the stats in refactor worked. Refactor, to my knowledge, doesn't have a dedicated NPC to sell you items.. nor can other NPCs sell mod specialty goods on occasion. I'd argue that this is mostly because of the fact that Spells are now obtained through the perk tree. So enchants to increase acid damage/resistance, Stomach resistance/capacity, Voracity/Maw resistance and so on simply have no place in Refactor. They're also probably considered redundant due to the perk tree.

Interestingly, ReformationAI, despite adding in Mia, an NPC merchant who sells vore related items.. also doesn't include basic enchantments for stat increases within the mod. Instead housing the very useful Size altering enchants, and surprisingly useful weight altering enchants.. (I had a follower who pretty much became a stickwoman because they decided to apparently never eat anyone after I switched on follower weight gain/loss, despite turning the minimal weight to 0 rather than -0.8 which was default, so I had to whack them a few times with the fat is justice stick to get them back to normal. And I mean.. I had to hit them a LOT). I think I'd like to see an enchanted bow that does 1 damage with 0 damage arrows that could cause targets hit to either go around devouring everyone, or to seek the nearest pred and attempt to force themselves in.. even if it's just something silly. The main reason for this is that the spells can't really be used in stealth, at least not without a perk that causes magic to be silent.. but I guess that would probably break things.

As for spells, I'd like to see Alteration spell versions of Rapid digest and Enhanced Secretions.. or at least Rapid Digest (remove thou corpses), since the restoration versions consume a stupid amount of MP (Yes I'm aware I could shorten the time it takes for corpses to digest from the default, but I much rather have an in-game toggle to speed it up rather than always having it go fast. And yes, I know waiting 1 hour will instantly cause all corpses to digest). A Voracious ward spell that allowed you to swallow projectiles and spells at the cost of filling up your stomach would also be nice, although I can imagine someone using it to swallow a dragon's breath.. and then maybe burping/belching it back up at the dragon or some unsuspecting bandits/town guards. (that sounds really annoying to implement tho, so just filling up the stomach capacity would be fine.)

Now.. I've never actually gotten the perk for "burps are infused with the Thaum", my assumption is that it just adds the unrelenting shout to burps. But a Vacuum or "Inhaling" shout just sounds like a Skyrim vore thing, where you'd ragdoll and swallow everything in front of you (likely including loose objects, R.I.P various dungeon crap and people's very steal-able stuff in their houses) with increasing range and width with each word spoken. The alternative to this would probably be a "mass bellyport" spell, which I've seen in vore modules for D&D (particularly this one " https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-Mtz_zQu8z9eS9uDznGC "), which in Skyrim would be a master level that would probably cost a TON of MP and take several seconds to cast.. that would teleport all creatures within a decently large radius into the user's stomach. Of course, this wouldn't be as nearly as fun as the "Vortex (Vore-tex) of terror" sucking up literally everything in it's path.

A silly idea that came to mind after typing all this would be an Aerial Predation spell/skill that would teleport you above your target (or drop down from above) and essentially divebomb down on top of them ass first.. but as I understand that would require it's own animation.. for something rather stupid.

There's no strict need for speculation; Mark detailed what changes he originally made and why in the 'Notable Features' spoiler on the main post; it's something like a first changelog.

One point of note is that ReformationAI doesn't add Mia; she's a base refactor thing. Her stock wouldn't make much sense for my mod, being the grab bag of items that it is.

Some of those spell ideas are interesting, thought you might find more of a market for them if you click the link that explodes ur pc above.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:11 am

Gherking wrote:There's no strict need for speculation; Mark detailed what changes he originally made and why in the 'Notable Features' spoiler on the main post; it's something like a first changelog.

One point of note is that ReformationAI doesn't add Mia; she's a base refactor thing. Her stock wouldn't make much sense for my mod, being the grab bag of items that it is.

Some of those spell ideas are interesting, thought you might find more of a market for them if you click the link that explodes ur pc above.

Ah yeah, there really wasn't a point for speculation. They really were buggy. Being said, looking at the original spells vs the current versions.. it looks like the original spells dealt things like HP and Stamina damage, rather than directly increasing the "Acid damage" stat which only really increases from raising the pred perk and the perk that ups acid damage in Refactor. I'm guessing the enchants were removed for similar buggy or redundant reasons.

Ah, I couldn't actually *find* Mia until I installed ReformationAI.. that's why assumed she was added back in through the mod. She was honestly my favorite NPC in the original mod since she sold all the best items in the mod, now the only real interesting thing to note about her is that she has somehow got a pred and prey skill level around 143. Which is somewhat impossible without Enchants to my knowledge.

That's clearly a discord link, I'm guessing a discord server is required to.. I guess the word is moderate issues and requests, such as creating a half decent modpack or having pre-made belly morphs. Speaking of "issues", installing ReformationAI actually seemed to remove the animation attached to the "unbirth" method.. which I mean, I assume I got my load order wrong.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby Salanth » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 pm

AwokenedWispKP wrote:Speaking of "issues", installing ReformationAI actually seemed to remove the animation attached to the "unbirth" method.. which I mean, I assume I got my load order wrong.

It has its own animation? Somehow, I don't believe I have ever seen that, I guess I have a messed up installation in one way or another as well, which I honestly can believe. What is it supposed to look like?

(And I wonder why it would not work for me, when the rest of the mod works mostly fine.)
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:22 am

Salanth wrote:
AwokenedWispKP wrote:Speaking of "issues", installing ReformationAI actually seemed to remove the animation attached to the "unbirth" method.. which I mean, I assume I got my load order wrong.

It has its own animation? Somehow, I don't believe I have ever seen that, I guess I have a messed up installation in one way or another as well, which I honestly can believe. What is it supposed to look like?

(And I wonder why it would not work for me, when the rest of the mod works mostly fine.)

It's not like a unique animation like AV, in which the character will meekly turn their ass and lower it 2cm. Unbirth uses the old "vore" animation (Oral has that new lunge from the original mod) that Breast vore should still use where the character takes one step forward, reaches around the target and sorta just.. pats their back until they disappear. It's nothing impressive, but it's at least something, rather than the target just disappearing while you're standing there contemplating T-posing. I think Endo uses this animation too.

I really don't know why installing reformationAI would alter this.. considering I don't think Reformation has anything to do with Animations. It should just be Dialogue and "AI"
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:51 am

..Question, is there a way to turn off/toggle perks? I ended up getting the hungry bones perk because I wanted to avoid increasing acid damage by 50% and now I freaking regret it. Hungry bones is literally the worst thing to exist as a perk and it is legitimately annoying how every single body becomes these absolutely weak, very noisy skeletons that follow me around and end up aggroing EVERYTHING. Optional resurrection is fine. ALWAYS reviving things is annoying and pointless.

If nothing else, I want a way to reset my perks without having to completely restart my character.. because yeah, I wanted to avoid increasing acid damage and got boned. As for why I want to avoid increasing acid damage, even without any additional modifiers.. the acid damage is already way too high for me. I can probably digest a dragon from full HP to zero before it could escape due to having most of the "containing" perks.. and I figure that eventually I'd be able to do the same to enemies like the black knight or whatever.

[Edit: And yes, I am aware of the fact this perk only works if disposal is set to bones.. but.. bones are one of the best disposal settings.. considering it's much easier to look through bones than it is your own crap or vomit.]
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:53 am

AwokenedWispKP wrote:..Question, is there a way to turn off/toggle perks? I ended up getting the hungry bones perk because I wanted to avoid increasing acid damage by 50% and now I freaking regret it. Hungry bones is literally the worst thing to exist as a perk and it is legitimately annoying how every single body becomes these absolutely weak, very noisy skeletons that follow me around and end up aggroing EVERYTHING. Optional resurrection is fine. ALWAYS reviving things is annoying and pointless.

If nothing else, I want a way to reset my perks without having to completely restart my character.. because yeah, I wanted to avoid increasing acid damage and got boned. As for why I want to avoid increasing acid damage, even without any additional modifiers.. the acid damage is already way too high for me. I can probably digest a dragon from full HP to zero before it could escape due to having most of the "containing" perks.. and I figure that eventually I'd be able to do the same to enemies like the black knight or whatever.

[Edit: And yes, I am aware of the fact this perk only works if disposal is set to bones.. but.. bones are one of the best disposal settings.. considering it's much easier to look through bones than it is your own crap or vomit.]

just use console commands for that. Type "help (part of a perk name)" and hit enter (E.g. Help Digestion). Scroll through all the entries labeled "PRK" and find the ID. Then type "Player.addperk (perk ID)" I forget if you have to also add "1" at the end as a quantity qualifier. Try it either way. Then if you want to disable the perk type "player.removeperk"
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Salanth » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:28 pm

AwokenedWispKP wrote:
Salanth wrote:

It's not like a unique animation like AV, in which the character will meekly turn their ass and lower it 2cm. Unbirth uses the old "vore" animation (Oral has that new lunge from the original mod) that Breast vore should still use where the character takes one step forward, reaches around the target and sorta just.. pats their back until they disappear. It's nothing impressive, but it's at least something, rather than the target just disappearing while you're standing there contemplating T-posing. I think Endo uses this animation too.

I really don't know why installing reformationAI would alter this.. considering I don't think Reformation has anything to do with Animations. It should just be Dialogue and "AI"

Although I doubt that you have the same issue that I had, on the off-chance that it would help you or anyone else; I got animations to work by removing the Anniversary edition mods which were polluting my game folder. (I use Mod organizer, though mod organizer had no power over those mods as they were in the game folder, not mod organizer's folder.) I simply put the Anniversary edition in a separate folder, started a new save and boom, vore animations worked for the first time.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game