Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby RedHaze » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:12 am

Oh and an afterthought in regards to burping. NPCs used to be able to burp out equipment from their prey. But now only the player can. I remember that they used to be able to. Was it intentionally removed?
RedHaze
New to the forum

Postby LurkingRodent » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:47 am

I had something I wanted to share.

With the disposal options... I was wondering if there could be an option to in scat type for npcs and animals have it be "absorb/defecate equipment." What I mean by that is... have it so that you don't dispose bones or feces but you do instead of having items automatically added to your inventory have it be disposed by defecating. I enjoy having after prey is finished having a remaining stomach bulge from the gear stripped using the "prey stripping" toggle and disposing of the stripped items by defecating having the belly quickly shrink combined with not having the scat pile or bones. I also wonder if their could be an option to automatically digest biological items from prey like pelts and ingredients from animals.

That aside. I wanted to say that I did take some time trying to give weights to all races in skyrim like I said but my files got messed up and I lost my progress on it. I might give it another shot but not right away because I am frustrated with what happened.
LurkingRodent
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:32 am

RedHaze wrote:Oh and an afterthought in regards to burping. NPCs used to be able to burp out equipment from their prey. But now only the player can. I remember that they used to be able to. Was it intentionally removed?

That has never been a feature of Devourment Refactor. I think Cacame's burps addon may have had that.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:53 pm

LurkingRodent wrote:I had something I wanted to share.
With the disposal options... I was wondering if there could be an option to in scat type for npcs and animals have it be "absorb/defecate equipment." What I mean by that is... have it so that you don't dispose bones or feces but you do instead of having items automatically added to your inventory have it be disposed by defecating. I enjoy having after prey is finished having a remaining stomach bulge from the gear stripped using the "prey stripping" toggle and disposing of the stripped items by defecating having the belly quickly shrink combined with not having the scat pile or bones. I also wonder if their could be an option to automatically digest biological items from prey like pelts and ingredients from animals.

I'm pretty sure I implemented this exact this feature absorb/defecate feature a long time ago. It requires that you set NPCs/Creatures to "Absorb" and Boluses to "defecate".
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby StandardUser » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:32 pm

I'm currently doing a vampire playthrough atm and when a bandit tried to eat me she immediately spit me back out. For a bit couldn't figure out why but, then I remembered that vampires are undead. I remember in the old versions of refactor there was an option to make it so all pred npcs could eat undead just like the player could is that still a thing?
StandardUser
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:52 pm

StandardUser wrote:I'm currently doing a vampire playthrough atm and when a bandit tried to eat me she immediately spit me back out. For a bit couldn't figure out why but, then I remembered that vampires are undead. I remember in the old versions of refactor there was an option to make it so all pred npcs could eat undead just like the player could is that still a thing?

If you open the file 'DevourmentBase_DISTR.ini', and find this line:
Code: Select all
Perk = 0x96C~Devourment.esp|DevourmentVorish|-0x1326C|8/29|NONE|NONE|100

That line gives the Digestion I perk to some NPCs.

To give it to all NPCs, change it to:
Perk = 0x96C~Devourment.esp|DevourmentVorish|NONE|NONE|NONE|NONE|100
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby StandardUser » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:01 pm

markdf wrote:
StandardUser wrote:I'm currently doing a vampire playthrough atm and when a bandit tried to eat me she immediately spit me back out. For a bit couldn't figure out why but, then I remembered that vampires are undead. I remember in the old versions of refactor there was an option to make it so all pred npcs could eat undead just like the player could is that still a thing?

If you open the file 'DevourmentBase_DISTR.ini', and find this line:
Perk = 0x96C~Devourment.esp|DevourmentVorish|-0x1326C|8/29|NONE|NONE|100

That line gives the Digestion I perk to some NPCs.

To give it to all NPCs, change it to:
Perk = 0x96C~Devourment.esp|DevourmentVorish|NONE|NONE|NONE|NONE|100

This worked like a charm, thank you very much!
StandardUser
New to the forum

Postby aughou » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:06 pm

Am I looking over a setting to tweak the visual effects of the Burp and Fart abilities? I'd really like to tone them down, or remove them outright. Might be some mod interference I haven't nailed down, but just curious.
aughou
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:55 pm

aughou wrote:Am I looking over a setting to tweak the visual effects of the Burp and Fart abilities? I'd really like to tone them down, or remove them outright. Might be some mod interference I haven't nailed down, but just curious.

It's called "Gentle Gas" and it's in the MCM.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby aughou » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 am

markdf wrote:
aughou wrote:Am I looking over a setting to tweak the visual effects of the Burp and Fart abilities? I'd really like to tone them down, or remove them outright. Might be some mod interference I haven't nailed down, but just curious.

It's called "Gentle Gas" and it's in the MCM.

Thanks for the quick reply. What specific section is it in? I would assume the "VFX SFX and Misc", I slowly looked through it and every other one once again and don't see a "Gentle Gas" option. Also did a quick control+f search for "Gentle" in the MCM config.json and didn't see anything pop up although not sure if that's how that works.

I was on version 21-10-7, just updated to 21-10-9 to see if maybe it would pop up but unfortunately not. Everything else has been working totally fine.
aughou
New to the forum

Postby TheMysteriousStranger » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:30 am

aughou wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. What specific section is it in? I would assume the "VFX SFX and Misc", I slowly looked through it and every other one once again and don't see a "Gentle Gas" option. Also did a quick control+f search for "Gentle" in the MCM config.json and didn't see anything pop up although not sure if that's how that works.

I haven't checked if it is in the MCM, but you can at least enable Gentle Gas in the quick-menu. You might need to rebind the quick-menu key to access it though, as it was reset when MCM helper was added as a requirement.

Regarding the latest version, I'm having trouble with creatures/NPCs not performing vore attacks (they do not show up in the console at all). I do not know if this is a consequence of the new AI or if I need to wait a couple of days in-game for the behaviour to be updated. Though, even when entering a brand new area, the attacks still did not show up. Reverting to a previous version fixed the issue though.
TheMysteriousStranger
New to the forum

Postby foursevens » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am

Thanks for the great series of updates!

I too have been having issues with NPC's not performing any attacks.

Taking a look at the source, in pseudoAI, line 174, in DoANom, is the AssertNotNone supposed to be inverted?

Recompiling with that change might have fixed it for me.
foursevens
New to the forum

Postby Sceletium » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:38 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you for the mod. Next there are few things I would like to say, but it is up to you what you do with them ^^; .

Could there be "Turn lethal" spell for self? I like to play with random noms, and there are cases when npc endoes another npc, and when I eat the first npc and digest it, the second npc is endoed in my stomach. It might be useful if you could select which npc you want to digest when using the spell on self.

I like to play Scat Type (NPCs) as absorb, but that causes problems with reforming self. If the setting is set to bones, reforming self works fine. So I'm forced to play as set to bones, and every now and then either defecate and loot the bones or switch the setting for a sec. Also I don't like to lose my digested prey, and loot them myself (to collect the skulls...). Is it possible to have absorb for npcs and bones for player?

Quite often when I'm inside someone, either digesting, reforming or sleeping and trying to wait to speed up the process, the game says "cannot wait in the air".

With Cordyceps perk if I'm inside for example a guard, and ask him to digest me, other guards (and other npcs) will attack the guard that is digesting me.

If possible, could random noms be disabled while in scripted event, talking with someone or having sex via sexlab. It is annoying when I'm talking with someone or in a scripted event, and then someone comes and noms the npc I'm talking to or I'm in an event with, causing it to bug and forcing me to load last save. Same thing with the intro ride, it was on earlier versions but anyway, few times I was eaten by a horse, bugging the intro.

And lastly sometimes when I'm in a belly, sexlab can use me as a target. For example dangerous nights 2 mod, when I'm sleeping inside someone I may be used (r***d). Or with random sex mod the same thing. I don't know if this and the previous one can be fixed with keywords.
Sceletium
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:20 pm

Sceletium wrote:Could there be "Turn lethal" spell for self? I like to play with random noms, and there are cases when npc endoes another npc, and when I eat the first npc and digest it, the second npc is endoed in my stomach. It might be useful if you could select which npc you want to digest when using the spell on self.

There is already a Turn Lethal ability in the QuickMenu. It's not selective though.

You can also just use dialogue to turn any endo into vore.

Sceletium wrote:I like to play Scat Type (NPCs) as absorb, but that causes problems with reforming self. If the setting is set to bones, reforming self works fine. So I'm forced to play as set to bones, and every now and then either defecate and loot the bones or switch the setting for a sec. Also I don't like to lose my digested prey, and loot them myself (to collect the skulls...). Is it possible to have absorb for npcs and bones for player?

I'll look into that, Reformation SHOULD work even with Absorb.

Sceletium wrote:Quite often when I'm inside someone, either digesting, reforming or sleeping and trying to wait to speed up the process, the game says "cannot wait in the air".

You're not supposed to be able to rest or wait AT ALL while you're inside a predator, at least not without using the Sleep action from the QuickMenu.

Sceletium wrote:With Cordyceps perk if I'm inside for example a guard, and ask him to digest me, other guards (and other npcs) will attack the guard that is digesting me.

I'll see if I can improve Cordyceps behaviour, but that system is ridiculously hard to manage as is.

Sceletium wrote:If possible, could random noms be disabled while in scripted event, talking with someone or having sex via sexlab. It is annoying when I'm talking with someone or in a scripted event, and then someone comes and noms the npc I'm talking to or I'm in an event with, causing it to bug and forcing me to load last save. Same thing with the intro ride, it was on earlier versions but anyway, few times I was eaten by a horse, bugging the intro.

And lastly sometimes when I'm in a belly, sexlab can use me as a target. For example dangerous nights 2 mod, when I'm sleeping inside someone I may be used (r***d). Or with random sex mod the same thing. I don't know if this and the previous one can be fixed with keywords.

Devourment is programmed to ignore anyone who is involved in a Sexlab scene. It also uses DHLP-Suspend events to tell sexlab mods not to start scenes, but not all mods respect DHLP-Suspend events.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:00 am

I have a suggestion regarding the speed de-buff from being full. I like that there's a speed penalty, but when you get to a high enough level where you can eat the bigger enemies or lots of smaller ones, that penalty is huge. But at the same time the only other method is either strong back which completely removes it or using a modded spell like apocalypse's longstride. I think it would be cool if increasing your predator level slowly reduces the effect of weight from your prey.

Maybe strong back could have 2 levels to it. The first one does the above suggestion while the second level completely removes it.
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Poiuh » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:40 am

In the possible predators section of the MCM, if you set followers to always but don't check men, women, or creatures, is it supposed to also disable followers and ignore that you set them to "Always"?

As a follow up, is it possible to set the settings so that random vore is enabled but ONLY followers will do it? I really want to run the game where the only people capable of vore are the player and any followers they may have at the time. I've tried to do it myself with the settings already available, but so far all I've accomplished is making my follower never eat anything ever, combat or not, even though they're set up as capable of it.

(The goal with the random vore was to be playing the game and doing tasks in town like turning in quests, but in the background my follower would be slowly eating everyone in sight, but this was hampered both by what I said above and also the fact that apparently the random noms are only endo with no way to swap to non-endo that I can see, which is a bummer.)

Lastly, I don't know if this is a result of something that got changed in an update, but before I started messing with anything I said above, when I had the 9/21 version, my follower would go ham in fights and it would be genuinely hard to out eat them. Ever since either the late september update or the first October update, my follower would MAYBE eat one thing in a fight, but never two, and on top of that after they ate the one thing, they wouldn't even fight back in a normal way. They'd just sheathe their weapons and take every hit without retaliating. I'm not saying I want a happy medium between the two, I've been trying to get back to the black hole follower ever since. That's what started me down the path to this current problem of them never eating despite having their cooldown set to 2 seconds and NPC swallow chance multiplier maxed out (just in case they were trying but failing. No, they're just not trying).

Sorry if this is a bit of a wandering ramble of a post.

Fake Edit: I agree with the guy above about improving the movement system in some way via either getting better as your skill goes up or making more levels of strong back. To add on to that, the greater gases perk advertises itself as infusing your gas with the thu'um but while I expected my character to be able to burp so hard it outdid level 3 Unrelenting Force, what I got instead was throwing around some physics objects, some pebbles lifting off the ground, and people stumbling at best, not reacting at all at worst.
Poiuh
New to the forum

Postby darkyf57 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:53 am

Has anything been change concerning NPC's combat vore in the latest build ?

Even on a new save with only the requirements and recommended mods, I can't get any NPC to attempt combat vore at all (no message in the console even in debug mode too).
It works perfectly fine with the same instance on 07-10 build.
darkyf57
Been posting for a bit

Postby aughou » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am

Gentle Gas was in the Devourement Settings -> Toggles option the whole time. I had completely overlooked that section and assumed everything would be in the MCM, so that was totally on me.

Having problems on the latest version, appears others are here as well. I'm actually have some CTDs associated with it, last error before shutdown being:

"[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown(Wait)
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] ERROR: Cannot call RelativelySafe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentOrgasmDigestionQuest (8D005903)].devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line 71
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentOrgasmDigestionQuest (8D005903)].devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line 71
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown(Wait)"

Might want to wait on updating to the latest version.
aughou
New to the forum

Postby markdf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:33 pm

aughou wrote:Gentle Gas was in the Devourement Settings -> Toggles option the whole time. I had completely overlooked that section and assumed everything would be in the MCM, so that was totally on me.

Having problems on the latest version, appears others are here as well. I'm actually have some CTDs associated with it, last error before shutdown being:

"[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown(Wait)
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] ERROR: Cannot call RelativelySafe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[10/11/2021 - 10:40:25AM] devourmentplayeralias.OnControlDown(Wait)"

Might want to wait on updating to the latest version.

What addons are you using? DevourmentOrgasmDigestionQuest isn't part of Devourment.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Horatius Horatio » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Completely stopped working for me with the latest update. Fresh new start, no add ons, and the menu doesn't even show up.

"Ah, didn't see MCM helper as a requirement now, so the menu shows up. Bit odd that it can't tell that I have the engine fixes and LibFire installed tho?"
Last edited by Horatius Horatio on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horatius Horatio
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game