Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Galmar1313 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:12 pm

foursevens wrote:Thanks for the great series of updates!

I too have been having issues with NPC's not performing any attacks.

Taking a look at the source, in pseudoAI, line 174, in DoANom, is the AssertNotNone supposed to be inverted?

Recompiling with that change might have fixed it for me.

I too encountered this problem and also fixed it by doing the same change in the code and recompiling.

Another thing
How does the corpse vore work?. Does it make it so preds will swallow any corpses they come across or will it make them be able to swallow enemies when they are killed?
I've made a change in the script to make everyone be eligible for corpsevore but haven't seen anyone swallow a corpse.
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby markdf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:
foursevens wrote:Thanks for the great series of updates!

I too have been having issues with NPC's not performing any attacks.

Taking a look at the source, in pseudoAI, line 174, in DoANom, is the AssertNotNone supposed to be inverted?

Recompiling with that change might have fixed it for me.

I too encountered this problem and also fixed it by doing the same change in the code and recompiling.

Another thing
How does the corpse vore work?. Does it make it so preds will swallow any corpses they come across or will it make them be able to swallow enemies when they are killed?
I've made a change in the script to make everyone be eligible for corpsevore but haven't seen anyone swallow a corpse.

What change did you make?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Galmar1313 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:13 pm

markdf wrote:What change did you make?

I changed line 43 to doCorpseVore = true

I also added the corpsevore faction to some actors without changing the script but it didn't do anything either
Galmar1313
Participator

Postby markdf » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Galmar1313 wrote:
markdf wrote:What change did you make?

I changed line 43 to doCorpseVore = true

I also added the corpsevore faction to some actors without changing the script but it didn't do anything either

So here's the story with combat corpsevore:

A couple versions back, NPCs were swallowing any corpses they killed in combat. This was happening for two reasons:
  1. DoANom was being called every second or two, because of the OnActorAction hook. So there wasn't a chance to retarget when an enemy died.
  2. OnCombatStateChanged doesn't always get called, so even when an NPC chose a new target in combat, the PseudoAI was still targetting the previous (dead) target.

To be clear, the corpse vore that was happening was a bug.

I put the doCorpseVore flag in to prevent NPCs from swallowing corpses, and the corpsevore faction to allow people to restore that behaviour if they liked it.

However, the insanely rapid pace of NPC vore attempts was its own problem, which is why I brought back the PseudoAI's cooldown system. With the slower pace of NPC vore attempts, corpse vore becomes quite rare. And if you're battling in an area where OnCombatStateChanged actually works (which depends partly on the Navmesh and footik for some reason), then there wont be any corpse vore even with the faction or your script edit.

The next update will have a workaround for the OnCombatStateChanged thing, which will almost completely eliminate that corpse vore bug. So if we want combat corpse vore to be a thing, it's going to need its own system, rather than relying on bugs that needed to be fixed. I've put something simple in place, but you'll need to do some testing on it to see if it works correctly. The PseudoAI is unusually difficult to test because it does everything so fast and frequently.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:20 pm

Would there happen to be a console command for setting the Digest Items perk back to 2/3 instead of 3/3, because the 3/3 version seems to have... issues.

The menu that pops up won't include Ebony items and it gives me some kind of error message each time I pick something I can digest, so I'd like the level 2 version back.

Example message: Dwemer Scrap Metal 0xFF000C2A / Dwemer Scrap Metal 0xC886A / 1

EDIT: Also this "having to tell it to digest each item individually" thing is pretty ass!
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InsaneRobot » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:15 am

Shadowlyger wrote:Would there happen to be a console command for setting the Digest Items perk back to 2/3 instead of 3/3, because the 3/3 version seems to have... issues.

The menu that pops up won't include Ebony items and it gives me some kind of error message each time I pick something I can digest, so I'd like the level 2 version back.

EDIT: Also this "having to tell it to digest each item individually" thing is pretty ass!

Where you'd usually use "addperk" use "removeperk" instead.
InsaneRobot
New to the forum

Postby Heady9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:20 am

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think eveyone should have a heads up about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/com ... ng_skyrim/

TL/DR; The SSE update for Anniversary edition was compiled with a different version of Visual Studio in a way that's gonna break stuff hard(devourment included). I recommend you back up your skyrim.exe
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:33 am

Heady9 wrote:So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think eveyone should have a heads up about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/com ... ng_skyrim/

TL/DR; The SSE update for Anniversary edition was compiled with a different version of Visual Studio in a way that's gonna break stuff hard(devourment included). I recommend you back up your skyrim.exe

To give a bit more information, SKSE plugins will with an almost 100% certainty break, SKSE itself will most likely break as well. SKYUI uses SKSE so it's possible every single MCM will also break along with the mod that it's apart of.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Mooppoop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Having an issue on the latest update where recruited followers aren't using vore attacks at all but they'll use them if I dismiss them, Npcs also use them perfectly fine it's just recruited followers, are there any ideas as to what the problem is?
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Mooppoop wrote:Having an issue on the latest update where recruited followers aren't using vore attacks at all but they'll use them if I dismiss them, Npcs also use them perfectly fine it's just recruited followers, are there any ideas as to what the problem is?

Can you be more specific? Which followers?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:05 pm

InsaneRobot wrote:
Shadowlyger wrote:Would there happen to be a console command for setting the Digest Items perk back to 2/3 instead of 3/3, because the 3/3 version seems to have... issues.

Don't you need to know the perk ID for that, or do you just use the name?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mooppoop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:14 pm

markdf wrote:
Mooppoop wrote:Having an issue on the latest update where recruited followers aren't using vore attacks at all but they'll use them if I dismiss them, Npcs also use them perfectly fine it's just recruited followers, are there any ideas as to what the problem is?

It's any follower that's currently following me including custom followers. I've tested on lydia, jenassa and uthgerd and none of them do vore attacks if they're currently following me
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Mooppoop wrote:
markdf wrote:

It's any follower that's currently following me including custom followers. I've tested on lydia, jenassa and uthgerd and none of them do vore attacks if they're currently following me

In the MCM, under "Predator Toggles", what do you have "Followers" and "Women" set to?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mooppoop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm

Women was toggled on and followers was set to default but enabling all followers fixed the issue sorry for the trouble.
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:
InsaneRobot wrote:

Don't you need to know the perk ID for that, or do you just use the name?

type "help digest" and you'll get every ID that has the word digest in it. Use page up/down to navigate through and you should see something like "PERK: 'digest items III' (ID)"
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

The menu doesn't include anything valuable (where "valuable" means that V/W > level/5).

The messagebox is a leftover from debugging that's still enabled because ... you're the first person to bother mentioning it.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

markdf wrote:The menu doesn't include anything valuable (where "valuable" means that V/W > level/5).

Well that seems kinda silly, how else am I supposed to make stuff at the forge then eat it to get my materials back

Especially with Dwarven stuff, which seems to give way more scrap metal than went into actually making the piece :D

Removeperk worked though so cheers

EDIT: As long as I'm here, I'll note that the materials you crap out after digesting armor and such seems to respawn if you come back after a while. The forge in Whiterun has a bunch of dwemer scrap metal in front of it from me making and eating bows...
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:03 am

I would like to petition for PowerOfThree's Spell Perk Item Distributor mod to be moved from the "Recommended" list to "Hard Requirements". I spent three hours last night trying to diagnose why the game was CTDing upon starting a new game and I pulled out all of the stopgaps: updated all of the listed hard dependency mods, disabled every other mod, reinstalled Skyrim, etc. I eventually discovered that the issue was that SPID was one version out of date. The game would CTD even when SPID wasn't enabled, if I remember correctly, so the mod should probably be lifted up to be included as a hard requirement.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby markdf » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm

GooInABox wrote:I would like to petition for PowerOfThree's Spell Perk Item Distributor mod to be moved from the "Recommended" list to "Hard Requirements". I spent three hours last night trying to diagnose why the game was CTDing upon starting a new game and I pulled out all of the stopgaps: updated all of the listed hard dependency mods, disabled every other mod, reinstalled Skyrim, etc. I eventually discovered that the issue was that SPID was one version out of date. The game would CTD even when SPID wasn't enabled, if I remember correctly, so the mod should probably be lifted up to be included as a hard requirement.

I think something was wrong with your tests. Not only am I able to start a new game without SPID installed, I can even load existing savegames where SPID had been present.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheMysteriousStranger » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:12 pm

I've discovered some minor bugs in the newest version:
  • As mentioned above, it appears that followers are not affected by the "default based on gender" predator toggle. At least, I tried having it on default for quite some time but only when I changed it to "always" did it result in vore attacks being performed by my followers. All other predators worked though.
  • The weight loss when sleeping appears to increase for each time you sleep (independent of sleep duration) and it does not seem to reset. I've had this problem previously as well, but I only re-discovered it recently when the weight loss started to become very noticeable.
  • Sometimes, the non-unique NPCs that you regurgitate are not the same as the ones you swallowed. I'm reasonably sure that this is caused by mods on my end however (custom enemies, etc.), but I would like to mention it just in case.

Keep up the good work though, the amount of updates to the mod are quite impressive!
TheMysteriousStranger
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game