Mysta's Openvore. New Beta and General release! 2024!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

To celebrate bonus NPC Patreon polls, get one here too! What MMA2 character do you want in openvore?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:48 am

Futa succubus
46%
Ritz
6%
Charlotte
30%
Zeena
9%
Ali
9%

Total votes : 389

Re: Mysta's Openvore (customisable vore game) Open Beta!

Postby TheOtaku777 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:56 am

Issues:
setting NPC's to "prey only" doesn't work (setting the game to "pred only" doesn't work if pred only is supposed to make the PC a pred, don;t think that's the case.)
setting NPC's to "prey only" and talking to the red head to the right of your house right after you start the game results in being force eaten, and if you come out and talk to her again afterwards her sprite art comes up and the game bricks
This is VERY annoying to run into as soon as I started the game. I get that it's beta, but it's still a frustrating experience.
TheOtaku777
New to the forum

Postby mysta » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 am

TheOtaku777 wrote:Issues:
setting NPC's to "prey only" doesn't work (setting the game to "pred only" doesn't work if pred only is supposed to make the PC a pred, don;t think that's the case.)
setting NPC's to "prey only" and talking to the red head to the right of your house right after you start the game results in being force eaten, and if you come out and talk to her again afterwards her sprite art comes up and the game bricks
This is VERY annoying to run into as soon as I started the game. I get that it's beta, but it's still a frustrating experience.

Thanks for informing me. I had coded in some stuff for this, but haven't played around with each switch so had no idea it wasn't working. Also, I'd agree that it's not obvious if you're changing yourself or the NPCs. I've sorted this for the next release.
I've also reorganised the switch locations and added more warning text to reflect which are most intended to be played with and which are more drastic to the user experience.

Mysta
Support me on Patreon for early access, polls and other bonus content! https://www.patreon.com/Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jackamoco22 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:37 pm

Any chance that when you upload the next version you add a date or version # in the title so I and others could more easily identify when this game gets updated?
Jackamoco22
Somewhat familiar

Re: Mysta's Openvore (customisable vore game) April V0.121

Postby mysta » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:19 pm

Hey all, here's the (hopefully) fixed version of Openvore (v0.121):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0uxob09 ... 1.zip/file

Changes that were added to the beta:
Spoiler: show
Added cv option for when a NPC tries to jump you (that has a dick)
Added another route to CV for when you offer yourself to an aggressive/disliked NPC
Added an initial cv pred option.
All CV stuff ha some variety, but not as much as will be in later.
Added in a bunch of images for CV states
Added in nightclub location and initial features (think gym but for seduction), and a bare-bones donation centre for money.
mplemented more emotion states in Openvore.
Standardised the image system.
Added more as-prey disposal variation (now 3x as much).
Added in the top 4 characters from the poll and 1 more.
Added a system to denote changes to player stats. This allowed allowed me to create a decreasing rewards system to curtail OP player characters, while giving those with
low stats a little extra help increasing them.
I also added some seduction dependant extra chat reactions for NPCs you're more friendly with and the ability to sometimes gain seduction through good choices/luck with
those.
toned down the RNG a little so that your stats have more of an impact.
Lots more variety additions, tweaks and fixes that I've forgotten about.

There's also a couple of extra things in there that I'd been working on since the beta,
like more in-belly variety, more non-disposal text variety and some disposal sprite fun.

Mysta

P.S. Of course, there's a bunch of fixes and code improvements there too. I realise I've also left in the takeaway draft I'd been working on. Don't go in there! You can't leave (alive) and it might break your game otherwise. ^^;

Jackamoco22 wrote:Any chance that when you upload the next version you add a date or version # in the title so I and others could more easily identify when this game gets updated?

Yes, I always do this. :-D
Last edited by mysta on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support me on Patreon for early access, polls and other bonus content! https://www.patreon.com/Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FlamingFoxu5000 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:50 pm

The game is so slow...

I like the idea of the game but as it is right now it just feels like you're intentionally being slowed down so you can't do much anything, especially with how little there is to do in the game currently.

Like if you want to focus on Seduction, you have to walk all the way to the other side of the map, when it's night, go inside the building, dance and hope you don't get ambushed, finish and get like 1 or 2 points, walk alllllll the way back to your home so you can sleep and start that whole process over again.

I think it'd work better if you didn't put a hard limit on dancing, like you can dance as much as you want, but put something in there that eventually makes it day again.

Working out also has this problem, but it's a bit less annoying since you can just do 7 laps up and down in the gym and work out again.
FlamingFoxu5000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Winny » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

The exit in the food delivery place is broken, when you go into the shop you're trapped there unless you get yourself eaten.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:10 pm

mysta wrote:Hey all, here's the (hopefully) fixed version of Openvore (v0.121):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0uxob09 ... 1.zip/file

Changes that were added to the beta:
Added cv option for when a NPC tries to jump you (that has a dick)
Added another route to CV for when you offer yourself to an aggressive/disliked NPC
Added an initial cv pred option.
All CV stuff ha some variety, but not as much as will be in later.
Added in a bunch of images for CV states
Added in nightclub location and initial features (think gym but for seduction), and a bare-bones donation centre for money.
mplemented more emotion states in Openvore.
Standardised the image system.
Added more as-prey disposal variation (now 3x as much).
Added in the top 4 characters from the poll and 1 more.
Added a system to denote changes to player stats. This allowed allowed me to create a decreasing rewards system to curtail OP player characters, while giving those with
low stats a little extra help increasing them.
I also added some seduction dependant extra chat reactions for NPCs you're more friendly with and the ability to sometimes gain seduction through good choices/luck with
those.
toned down the RNG a little so that your stats have more of an impact.
Lots more variety additions, tweaks and fixes that I've forgotten about.

There's also a couple of extra things in there that I'd been working on since the beta,
like more in-belly variety, more non-disposal text variety and some disposal sprite fun.

Mysta

P.S. Of course, there's a bunch of fixes and code improvements there too. I realise I've also left in the takeaway draft I'd been working on. Don't go in there! You can't leave (alive) and it might break your game otherwise. ^^;

Jackamoco22 wrote:Any chance that when you upload the next version you add a date or version # in the title so I and others could more easily identify when this game gets updated?

Yes, I always do this. :-D

This is the update i think is the most needed right now thanks Mysta!
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:41 pm

How do you raise relationship with another character? Talking to them almost feels like it makes things worse since every time I do they get the "turns away in disgust" message more often. And I reset every time I try to eat someone and fail, so that's not the cause unless something's bugged.

Also the chance to eat other people is either incredibly small or I'm really unlucky cause I've been going to the gym and bar daily and haven't been able to eat a single person in like 10 in game days.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mysta » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:49 am

FlamingFoxu5000 wrote:The game is so slow...
I like the idea of the game but as it is right now it just feels like you're intentionally being slowed down so you can't do much anything, especially with how little there is to do in the game currently.
Like if you want to focus on Seduction, you have to walk all the way to the other side of the map, when it's night, go inside the building, dance and hope you don't get ambushed, finish and get like 1 or 2 points, walk alllllll the way back to your home so you can sleep and start that whole process over again.
I think it'd work better if you didn't put a hard limit on dancing, like you can dance as much as you want, but put something in there that eventually makes it day again.
Working out also has this problem, but it's a bit less annoying since you can just do 7 laps up and down in the gym and work out again.

Valid criticisms, though I'm building for the future when there is more to do and therefore I don't want your char to be able to become OP too quickly. FYI, the gym, nightclub and donation centre all have the same number of steps required to re-use them. So, you can just do a loop if you're wanting to grind stats/money. You can speed things up by getting more friends or eating some enemies. There will be other, more risky, ways to improve a little faster later.
Those three locations I put together quickly as there needed to be a way to increase stats and earn money while I focus on expanding the NPC system to include more variety/vore types etc.
The dancing time taken idea sounds neat though. Something to consider.

Schpadoinkle wrote:How do you raise relationship with another character? Talking to them almost feels like it makes things worse since every time I do they get the "turns away in disgust" message more often. And I reset every time I try to eat someone and fail, so that's not the cause unless something's bugged.
Also the chance to eat other people is either incredibly small or I'm really unlucky cause I've been going to the gym and bar daily and haven't been able to eat a single person in like 10 in game days.

Okay, I thin there's a few things here. I'm guessing you've turned the 'Pred only' switch on. That 'they turn away in disgust' message is a placeholder for where the NPC would usually have jumped you. These tend to be the more aggressive ones. Certain NPCs are weaker than others and will therefore be easier to eat. Aayla, Astolfo and Sam have a power of 20-30 for example.
For advice, I suggest risking prey mode being enabled, as it gives more of an indication what's going on, and try talking to the weaker and less aggressive characters.
It is possible I need to tune the early game a little more and have a few super weak prey NPCs (like the one I'm adding to the takeaway) though. :-D
Additionally, each time you receive the 'they turn away in disgust' message your relation with the NPC does decrease (until it reaches -5), so maybe that needs tuning too.

Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:03 am

When it comes to how strong a NPC is i think that a more uniform approach should be done an example would be:

Smaller npcs like Astolfo Elise an other smaller body types need around a 20 power stat (Stronger or weaker but between 20 to 30 depending on npcs interests an such) so that way players know they can contend with them first or be pushed towards them early game.

Lean or medium sized npcs (Like Myst Anna an Pip) need maybe a decent power stat of around 30 but also you need a seduction state of around 20 to 30 depending if you chose seduction or power as your better stats.

Larger prey need either maxed out stats or i would feel using their enemies as a way to get them. Think Rena an other npcs like Sam.

that is how i would do it you dont have to but it relates how body type can affect outcome as well as personalities (example if you say had a buff femboy npc then they could need decent power an seduction where if you had a frail lean prey or frail larger prey then same for the smaller prey like elise you need a weaker stat to pass.)

Once the game is more complete an we have an idea on the direction your going then of course ignore this. Also for locations i would also say either put npcs that cant be eaten ore make it so they are aoutomated in game if you want it to be a game where any npc can be eaten so locations are not lost once the npc that runs them is lost.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Antigone » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:47 am

The version 0.11 was great. I was really hyped when I saw the update. Even more when I saw Zero and the other new gals.
I grinded my strength up to 45, which seems to be the max. I'm unable to eat redhead or whitehead (I do not remember their names.). That made me very sad that everything in this update is about stats, stats, stats. Gaining money? Pay up stats. It would have been great if in the end, maxed out, I could do whatever I want without having to restart the game 15 times. I mean, even the treadmill event obliges you to restart the game because of the malus of dying, which prevent to step up strength since this event happens 1 time out of 3 treadmill. Also npcs seems to randomly eat you way more often than before. If I just wanna greet everyone, on the 2 runs I did, I think I would have died at least 12 times without restarting.
Please Mysta, as a shadow follower, I like you and I love what you're creating, but please throw out the mandatory restart game mechanic xD.
Great work though :).
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am

Antigone wrote:The version 0.11 was great. I was really hyped when I saw the update. Even more when I saw Zero and the other new gals.
I grinded my strength up to 45, which seems to be the max. I'm unable to eat redhead or whitehead (I do not remember their names.). That made me very sad that everything in this update is about stats, stats, stats. Gaining money? Pay up stats. It would have been great if in the end, maxed out, I could do whatever I want without having to restart the game 15 times. I mean, even the treadmill event obliges you to restart the game because of the malus of dying, which prevent to step up strength since this event happens 1 time out of 3 treadmill. Also npcs seems to randomly eat you way more often than before. If I just wanna greet everyone, on the 2 runs I did, I think I would have died at least 12 times without restarting.
Please Mysta, as a shadow follower, I like you and I love what you're creating, but please throw out the mandatory restart game mechanic xD.

I agree the manditory restart after death is a harsh punishment especally on a pred run. The hit to stats to is another thing. I get the point of it but unlike a game like God complex or a more story driven game. Its just harsh also the grind fro stats i dont quite agree with at the moment. I get your not supposed to cheese it but hey if its to grindy it turns people away. Also maxed stats should be able to do anything as if you work your way up for that then you should be able to do what you want then. Especally with a open ended game like this.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Gachadragon5 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:53 am

I don't think Nevi likes me-, every-time I try to talk to her she always ends up eating me because I got on her "bad side" even though I didn't even say anything rude to her. Am I doing something wrong here? :(
Gachadragon5
New to the forum

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 pm

The game is coming along great, there is one bug I noticed, when talking to an npc and trying to "devour them genitally" the dialog just stops but the image of the npc is frozen to the screen, you can walk around but can't interact with anything, so the game basically becomes locked, this has happened with all three npcs I tried this with, so I'm assuming it's an issue with all of them, it doesn't seem to happen with oral or anal vore.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby mysta » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:47 pm

Dotsu wrote:
Antigone wrote:The version 0.11 was great. I was really hyped when I saw the update. Even more when I saw Zero and the other new gals.

I agree the manditory restart after death is a harsh punishment especially on a pred run. The hit to stats to is another thing. I get the point of it but unlike a game like God complex or a more story driven game. Its just harsh also the grind fro stats i dont quite agree with at the moment. I get your not supposed to cheese it but hey if its to grindy it turns people away. Also maxed stats should be able to do anything as if you work your way up for that then you should be able to do what you want then. Especally with a open ended game like this.

So, I see where you're all coming from here, so I'm making a few sensible tweaks.
Upcoming tweaks to Openvore:
Made it easier to jump away and escape a pred at the gym/nightclub
Allowed stat increase if you escape a pred while working out in the gym.
Stopped escaping a pred while dancing in the Nightclub from making you too put out to dance again.
Lowered slightly how likely NPCs are to be aggressive.
Raised the boost cap for stats to 25, the soft cap to 50 and harder cap to 75.

I also think there are a few too many (proportionally) highly aggressive NPCs at the moment. I think I'll have to add a bunch more Prey level NPCs about to reduce the aggro one's influence on the random encounters and give the player preds some fodder to eat and boost their power that way. The grinding zones are really meant to be an aside to interacting with NPCs, it's just harder/longer to incorporate the stat boosts into the dialogue in a fun and engaging way.

Gachadragon5 wrote:I don't think Nevi likes me-, every-time I try to talk to her she always ends up eating me because I got on her "bad side" even though I didn't even say anything rude to her. Am I doing something wrong here? :(

She is one of the most aggressive NPCs in the game (the most being Anna/Kalysta) and therefore should have about a base 50% chance to try to jump you in the current version, increasing the more she doesn't like you.

Dotsu wrote:When it comes to how strong a NPC is i think that a more uniform approach should be done an example would be:
Smaller npcs like Astolfo Elise an other smaller body types need around a 20 power stat... etc.

I think limiting stats to appearance, though a sensible and interesting suggestion, is too limiting unfortunately. FYI, the NPCs likes are an indication of their stats. The thing I started doing in this update is making the more aggro NPCs less central/obvious. (being more hidden in alleyways or buildings and coming out at night more) Basically meaning you have to search them out more rather than stumbling in to them early. Once the game is more developed, I expect I'll have easier/harder city zones to split this up.

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:The game is coming along great, there is one bug I noticed, when talking to an npc and trying to "devour them genitally" the dialog just stops but the image of the npc is frozen to the screen, you can walk around but can't interact with anything, so the game basically becomes locked, this has happened with all three npcs I tried this with, so I'm assuming it's an issue with all of them, it doesn't seem to happen with oral or anal vore.

I'm guessing you're playing a character without a cock? I'll have to look into this one. ^^;

Hope those sound sensible!

Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:56 pm

mysta wrote:
I'm guessing you're playing a character without a cock? I'll have to look into this one. ^^;

Hope those sound sensible!

Mysta

Actually I was playing a character with only a cock, no vagina brests or tails, i probably should have mentioned that.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:09 pm

mysta wrote:I think limiting stats to appearance, though a sensible and interesting suggestion, is too limiting unfortunately. FYI, the NPCs likes are an indication of their stats. The thing I started doing in this update is making the more aggro NPCs less central/obvious. (being more hidden in alleyways or buildings and coming out at night more) Basically meaning you have to search them out more rather than stumbling in to them early. Once the game is more developed, I expect I'll have easier/harder city zones to split this up

See it might be limiting yes but as a huge martial arts nerd i cant just ignore the fact like in real life your body frame dose have a huge influence on how much strength and power one has. At that point i would use the limitation to the advantage of having the NPC's personality as well as their habits influence how much power they have within a range.

I say this as i have a smaller build irl but due to practice an technique i have reached my upper limit someone of equal skill facing me with a larger an more broad body type can easily overtake me no matter how skilled i can get. Its why a more lazy or less physically active NPC might have a lower stat in a designated stat block for their build type where someone with a active an toned build of the same type might be closer to a higher stat block.

Using limitations to flesh out other aspects of a character that can serve more then background information i feel is better then just oh hey they are not physically active all the time yet have a huge stat block. to get around this you have to do the lore option an explain why they can be super powerful without having to maintain a good physic.

This might be a nit pick but this is a idea to help now without implementing a system of ambushing an other things for aggressive an or super powerful npcs.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby T653 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Great update, I always get hyped when I see that you post something.
Just wanted you to know that I seem to have found a bug, every time I enter the store beside the vending machine on the top right I can't leave through the exit.
T653
New to the forum

Postby thdergonberg » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 pm

how do i get the NPCs to eat me in different ways when i offer myself to them, they only seam to have the oral option.
thdergonberg
New to the forum

Postby No-One » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

If you go into the takeout place, you can't leave. The door you came in by doesn't work.
No-One
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game