It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.39.2 (public), a0.40.0 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.19.1 (public), a0.20.1 (Patr

Postby Sriseru » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:38 am

@TinyHero
Thank you so much for your kind words! <3
While I'm definitely going to add more characters and locations, it's not something I can currently do since my old computer is dead and I'm currently trying to build a new one (but as of now, I'm stuck on a 'no signal to monitor' issue). Hopefully, this will change soon.

As for your idea about height options, that's not something that can be added in a satisfactory way. The reason why is because all of the character and backgrounds are 2D assets, and so in order to visually represent different player heights the way you describe, I'd have to quadruple all of those 2D assets. Not only would this take a lot of time to do, but it would almost quadruple the game file size as well.
Had the game been made in a 3D engine with actual 3D characters, visually representing different player heights would've been as easy as simply moving the POV camera up or down. However, 1)I don't have the knowledge or experience to make a game like this in a 3D engine, and 2)it wouldn't look anywhere near as good as it does now, unless you (the player) had a computer capable of ray tracing in real time.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby TinyHero » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:51 am

@Sriseru

That is very true, especially since the characters will have to be readjusted to state at the Player (us) from different angles, but not everything has to be changed and of course their belly sizes being different for whatever character they swallowed too, still, I do like the idea of being short, especially if I could get accidentally or unaware vored too, they wouldn’t even notice too (I’ll still fight to escape though) ^^;

But that would be a lot of work to pull off, especially since it doesn’t look like Unity or Blander, plus the coding and inputs, but who knows, maybe it can be made later on as a mod/DLC, so I’m still optimistic, but overall, it will be a challenge to create... ^_^;
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

Postby PonycardM » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:33 am

@TinyHero
Mainly a few of the ideas that I realise would be hard or impossible to implement for the creator or mods
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby TinyHero » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:09 pm

PonycardM wrote:@TinyHero
Mainly a few of the ideas that I realise would be hard or impossible to implement for the creator or mods

@PonycardM

Also true, I’m still learning how to use Blender and figuring out Unity as well, it’s really a difference from making something in 3D to drawing something, but I have very little idea as to coding (apart from a small bit in RPG Maker), and this game is really made from the ground up too ^^;
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Flurby » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:41 pm

PonycardM wrote:@TinyHero

A modder cannot do this "in a satisfactory way" either. Even if just one custom character were to allow for those kind of height options, the backgrounds, (bar, park, beach, etc) Only support up to 2 different pred sizes: big, and not big. As of now, no modder has access to any of the 3d game assets used to create the 2d ones in the game right now.

Even if they were made available at the moment there are no modders currently involved that both A, have a computer capable of rendering the scene correctly, and B, use daz at all. Everyone but Sriseru that I've seen uses Blender atm.

Images required to make a basic character in the game right now are as follows:
  • casual base
  • casual anal exit
  • casual disgusted
  • casual swallow 1
  • casual swallow 2
  • casual vore big
  • casual vore
  • post digestion 1
  • post digestion 2
  • vore sleeping day
  • vore sleeping night

This is considered the bare minimum to make a custom character function properly. There is one size modified image here, that is never shown if you set your character to be "not big".
My framework (Which if you're not familiar, is what all the modders use to implement their characters as it allows for a bunch more customization than the normal game provides) continues to evolve however, and this bare minimum will be increased as night versions of all images will be supported. Not required, necessarially, but supported. If you have a small character and want to use all features, thats 18 images right there you have to make. 20 if you're big. Thats tedious on its own, and for those on lesser equipment it's a serious ordeal on the rendering side of things.

And thats before you get to apartments, which are complicated in themselves. There's 2 in the game already and eventually custom characters are going to have them too. For just the character in a 4 room apartment (livingroom, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen) That's going to be a grand total of 16 images, as each room requires light and dark images of your pred in that particular room with either an empty belly or a belly with an occupant.

Thats if the character only has 2 bellysizes. Jasmine has 4. And we're ignoring apartment background images.

Now from a programming standpoint, this isnt a hard thing to implement (and I'm talking about the character specific stuff that chooses the correct images to show depending on your height, not game mechanics like differing digestion speeds, and more or less cramped bellies, etc), but most of the modders aren't programmers. Quadrupling this would make their job that much harder.

It's a cool idea dont get me wrong, but what I'm trying to say is that the impact that system would have on the production of new content and the overall progression of the game would be- crippling. The game would be stagnant for several months at least as everything got multiplied times 4, right on the tail end of a bit of a hiatus with sriseru having a busted computer. Players are gonna get bored and leave. Most potential new modders would take a look at that and go, "That's way to complicated", and custom character creation will drop drastically. It's simply too much.

Now if you want to talk about just implementing the game mechanics of the idea and not the visuals, that is more in the realm of possibilities I suppose. I could do it, I suppose, but that would be a hell of an involved mod and would require a lot of vanilla character editing (which is not good practice and my writing is shit). Oh, and every game update would break the mod almost certainly. At this point, for me, that kind of thing goes into the "maybe someday it might be nice to" basket.
Flurby
Participator

Postby TinyHero » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Very true, but right now, I’m trying to look for any memory files in the game because I deleted the game twice to see if it resets everything, and one of my storages is almost full, was there a way to properly uninstall it or something? Because I will play again later.

But overall, I just didn’t know how to delete another save file when all I need was the one, so I ended up started new games, and Instantly instantly pressed esc to save a black screen over the second file...

Can anyone help with this?... ^^;

Edit1
Turns out it was from deleting another game, I looked up how to uninstall my steam game, and my storage got out of the red zone, and a full deep sea scan of my PC, no treats, so I looked in my chrome settings... turns out it was updating... ^^;

Still, that other save files I made in “It’s a Gluttonous Life” is still bugging me, and I still wise to fix this... 9_e
Last edited by TinyHero on Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Flurby » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:57 pm

TinyHero wrote:Very true, but right now, I’m trying to look for any memory files in the game because I deleted the game twice to see if it resets everything, and one of my storages is almost full, was there a way to properly uninstall it or something? Because I will play again later.

But overall, I just didn’t know how to delete another save file when all I need was the one, so I ended up started new games, and Instantly instantly pressed esc to save a black screen over the second file...

Can anyone help with this?... ^^;

Sure, I'm assuming you're on windows. If not, cant help you, I dont speak bapple. :silly:

Type "Run" into your taskbar search bar. Click the result.
Type %appdata% into that, click ok.
It'll open a file manager to a specific location, somewhere there you will see a folder named "RenPy". Click into that.
This is where all saves for renpy games are stored. All renpy games. If you've played any other renpy games, they'll have their saves here too.
Click on the folder "ItsaGluttonousLife- (Bunch of numbers)"
Thats where all your game saves are. All like 12 mb of them.

If you're trying to make space on your drive, deleting this probably isnt the way to do it.
Flurby
Participator

Postby TinyHero » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:09 pm

@Flurby

Thanks, this helps greatly ^_^
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

Postby ventusflame » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:10 pm

@Flurby so I manage to follow in your steps and create a new working android version of the game, however I may need some help since I'm still somewhat inexperience with working with this game engine, do you know how i can override the keymap for the android such that the backspace will open the menu instead of rolling back? Much will be appreciated.

as of now I added to this line of code in 00keymap.rpy

line32|| game_menu = [ 'K_ESCAPE', 'K_MENU', 'K_PAUSE', 'K_AC_BACK','mouseup_3' ],

but it doesn't seemed to work after installing it

If this work, I'm proud to announced we will have an android version of Gluttonous Life coming our way!(if @Sriseru is ok with it)
ventusflame
New to the forum

Postby Flurby » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:49 pm

Rebinding button like that I don’t know how to do right off. I’d have to look into it. However, In my version of a mobile game you had a save button that brought up all the menus, so the back button could act as your mouse wheel rollback. This I’ve already done and can share the coding for, if you want, as well as how I increased the size of the buttons in my version. We could also modify the existing quick menu hidden and deactivated but potentially useful as well. Hit me up on discord, Flurby#6204.

You’re going to run into compatibility issues however with many decides if your final .apk size is greater than 2gb. I might have a solution for that as well though, so again hit me up. Ida done this myself a while back but I’ve been working on something that keeps getting bigger.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Gamer99 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:41 pm

I have an issue where my inventory page will not open in one save, but open in another, is there any way to fix it?

Love the game btw!!
Gamer99
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:33 pm

Other than Elaine and Jasmin, are there any other options for housing?

I do have the mod installed as well, but haven't gotten everyone up to a high level yet.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Seifens » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:53 pm

Farfanuggen wrote:Other than Elaine and Jasmin, are there any other options for housing?

I do have the mod installed as well, but haven't gotten everyone up to a high level yet.

Elaine and Jasmine are the only options at the moment. As for modded characters, they're all considered 'side preds' similar to beatrice or catalina.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blueninja » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:01 pm

hello! I've almost got a character finished up and ready to go (unless i dive headfirst into making them a house), but i've ran into an issue, that is changing the random vore dialog that comes up every once in a while, i did get the normal dialog that comes up after every rub or kick working, but the off burp or tease remark won't change the way i want, and i've done made a whole separate mod_basic_needs and custom_vore file just to try and get it to work, and it just won't work... but it kinda does too?

you see, i've added some male moan audio (since it's a male character) and while the rub dialog plays it just fine, the random dialog will sometimes play it, and other times won't, and won't show correct dialog either way (as far as i've seen), so i'm unsure of what i'm missing here, i feel like it has something to do with the numbers at the end of the calls ( _call_sound_male_moan_141 <-this) but i don't know, was hoping for any advice on this, or to be let know there really isn't a way to change this yet, as it's driving me crazy!

also, i'm on 19.1

also also, loving the game!
blueninja
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:27 pm

Seifens wrote:
Farfanuggen wrote:Other than Elaine and Jasmin, are there any other options for housing?

Elaine and Jasmine are the only options at the moment. As for modded characters, they're all considered 'side preds' similar to beatrice or catalina.

I see...

Is there a cap on lottery tickets at the market as well? I have some to turn in but the game won't let me.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Flurby » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:11 am

@blueninja add me on discord, I can be with you in about 2 and a half hours and I can sort you out, or sometime this weekend. Flurby#6204. I know what has to be done I just can’t really tell you on mobile like this.
Flurby
Participator

Postby blueninja » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:08 am

sent to you flurby!
blueninja
New to the forum

Postby Darkonnocturna » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:40 am

Are there alternative vore-scenes for Elaine?
So far, I’ve only ever found the one
Darkonnocturna
Been posting for a bit

Postby PonycardM » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Awesome can't wait to see your character

blueninja wrote:sent to you flurby!
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby TinyHero » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:48 pm

There’s a lot I still want to see from this world, especially wanting to be a cheeky jerk just to see how my luck fairs to slapping a few asses (and enough fitness to escape too), and besides moving in with Elaine and Jasmin, and probably any future pred, maybe another option to move into our own place too.

Like any of the following
•Condo (Large room)
•Duplex (Large room)
•Hotel (small room)
•Dorm (small room)
•House (optional)

Because for a few things, we don’t have to pay rent, just our taxes (and rent too), maybe invite friends over for a get together (or benefits), or have any of them move in instead (might be changes too, so maybe a few selective house rules too).

And again, these are just ideas, and I have no idea how coding will ever do for all this too, especially the idea of having dates too, because we can occasionally meet up with the press at the park, or the bar, even the beach too, but to actually set up a date would be fun too (any who knows, a bit of fun too, good or bad, depending on the pred) X3

And since I got my 3D app working on my phone again, I could make a few examples for references too, including the rooms too... 9_e
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game