It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.39.2 (public), a0.40.0 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.19.1 (public), a0.20.1 (Patr

Postby PonycardM » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:50 pm

I think everyone here holds nothing against you and we all fully understand the situation you were in.
Trust me one month extra isn't long to wait when its a game of this magnitude and quality.
And I'm sorry if all of this caused you some stress, hopefully getting back into things will help with that a bit.

Sriseru wrote:
bonberjean wrote:Still no update?

However, I'm now hard at work on the next update, which will be released on October 29.
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby testuser » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Pawz wrote:
PonycardM wrote:Storage defiantly isn't a problem, but the time sink for all the work would make fully animated sequences imposable.
However I am sure a fan could make and add some in mod form.
As for voice acting it has been brought up before, just look a few pages back.

testuser wrote:Loving the game so far it's very well written and story focused, i'm just curious if there are any plans for fully animated scenes and Voice acting in the future (both for your characters and possibley the character we play as, as well)?

I did spend some time toying with webm videos but the masking layer was not working out well so it would really only work for one off scenes.

Oh I meant like similar to the scene where you feed jasmine, i'm just thinking like further down the line and if you figure out and easy method to do so, small 3-5-10 second animations would be a great addition, things like being grabbed, thrusting motions during sexual scenes, maybe even more minor immersive things like opening or closing doors as a small starting point.

you could ask someone like blueblaze or ponyoptica to help out, they do very good anthro pony animations using SFM.

I'm sorry if this is a bigger issue or problem than from what I understand and it ends up being a much bigger ask then I knew.
testuser
Somewhat familiar

Postby crazytf2 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Sriseru wrote:
bonberjean wrote:Still no update?

I spent pretty much all of September building a computer, troubleshooting it when it wouldn't start up properly, taking it apart and rebuilding it, suffering a nervous breakdown when it once again wouldn't start up, doing more troubleshooting, and finally setting up the computer and moving files over to it. Pawz was of great help with narrowing down the issues and fixing them, though, which I'm grateful for. But yeah, that's the reason there was no update that month.

However, I'm now hard at work on the next update, which will be released on October 29.

Sriseru spent the whole september playing with adult legos btw im joking glad to see that you manage to fix the problem
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

Postby PonycardM » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:37 pm

Out of interest what is everyones favourite character?
Base game or even modded
In the base game mine is Sigrid
In the modded versions mine is Sahara although I wish you could befriend her.
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby TinyHero » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:04 am

PonycardM wrote:Out of interest what is everyones favourite character?
Base game or even modded
In the base game mine is Sigrid
In the modded versions mine is Sahara although I wish you could befriend her.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing what it’s like living with the rest of the characters, or buying my own place, and inviting them over for some fun or hanging out too, also realizing if you hosted a drinking party, changed of blacking out in someone’s stomach is also a very likely event too xD
TinyHero
Been posting for a bit

Postby dragorise20 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:03 am

hows the snake model doing vechislav1983
dragorise20
Somewhat familiar

Postby vechislav1983 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:48 am

dragorise20 wrote:hows the snake model doing vechislav1983

At the moment I'm writing dialogues and adding some scenes as I go.
Last edited by vechislav1983 on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vechislav1983
Been posting for a bit

Postby PonycardM » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:36 am

Awesome can't wait to see what you make

vechislav1983 wrote:
dragorise20 wrote:hows the snake model doing vechislav1983

At the moment I'm writing dialogues and adding some scenes as I go.
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby DaJumpman » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:51 am

One thing I have to ask... I have high fitness. Always Altea somehow eats and ends me. Can there be a thing to make her bugger off or maybe if I'm talking to someone, they can bap her or something?

Also, please give us the option for folks we know well to ask if they want to go to their place so scenes there a not a pain to get.
DaJumpman
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:34 pm

DaJumpman wrote:One thing I have to ask... I have high fitness. Always Altea somehow eats and ends me. Can there be a thing to make her bugger off or maybe if I'm talking to someone, they can bap her or something?

Any context? Fitness won't matter much if you're drinking; athletics on the other hand is related to strength to hold them off (or at least she seemed to stop doing it as much). I can see why it's annoying though
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicsInc » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:45 pm

anirishnirvana wrote:Any context? Fitness won't matter much if you're drinking; athletics on the other hand is related to strength to hold them off (or at least she seemed to stop doing it as much). I can see why it's annoying though

I believe the chance of her eating you depends on your health. The lower your health the more likely she is to try it and succeed.
DraconicsInc
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flurby » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:19 am

DaJumpman wrote:One thing I have to ask... I have high fitness. Always Altea somehow eats and ends me. Can there be a thing to make her bugger off or maybe if I'm talking to someone, they can bap her or something?

Interesting placebo effect going on here with the different theories as to what triggers altea’s random encounter, but in reality there’s nothing fancy going on with how and when altea decides to fuck up your day. It’s just a 1 in 20 chance. (I think that number is correct, can’t remember if it got increased or not)

I’ll concede in advance the point that there should be strength and fitness checks to make it possible to escape when it does happen as well as strength, athletics, lucks, fitness, health, her own hunger, and your relationship modifiers to change how often it happens. Have some plans for something of that nature.

I did put in a function where she’ll leave you alone while you’re “in conversation”. Problem is not all conversations in the game set you to “in conversation” correctly, so you’re still vulnerable in some places, and I don’t know where they all are atm.

Fitness = stamina cap and regen speed. Athletics = strength of action. Stronger kicks, etc.

With high fitness you only need an athletics of like 20 to reliably get through her duodenum, even with a low strength stat.

So with high fitness you should be able to make quick work of getting that in the gym, which will turn her in to a “in and out, 4 hour adventure.” Instead of a game over.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Seifens » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:39 am

Flurby wrote:Interesting placebo effect going on here with the different theories as to what triggers altea’s random encounter, but in reality there’s nothing fancy going on with how and when altea decides to fuck up your day. It’s just a 1 in 20 chance. (I think that number is correct, can’t remember if it got increased or not)

According to the code for the version I have, there are two factors at work:

Spoiler: show
There's a random check that determines her approach, with a 30% chance that she'll go down the 'maybe you get eaten' path. From there, your health is used as a factor to determine a _second_ random chance roll which is what actually sends you to the vore scene. For this second branch:

If your health is less than 10, she'll eat you with no second roll ("Almost too easy...").
If it's between 10 and 80, there's a 30% chance she'll eat you ("You'd make a quick meal.").
If it's more than 80 but not full it's a 3% chance ("The dragon looks you over.").
If you're health is 100, she just won't bother ("You seem to be looking after yourself.").

Note that the health numbers here are not percentages, they are health amounts. So if for some reason you have more than 100 health you may never see any of these.

tl;dr: You have to be injured somewhat - The lower the better if you just want to get eaten, but preferably at around 3/4 of your health bar if you also want a good chance of surviving. Then just keep doing small talk.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Flurby » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 am

Seifens wrote:tl;dr: You have to be injured somewhat - The lower the better if you just want to get eaten, but preferably at around 3/4 of your health bar if you also want a good chance of surviving. Then just keep doing small talk.

Key words: Small talk.

I wasnt talking about that particular mechanic, but the one hidden in her schedule file that controls whether or not she spontaneously grabs you because you both happen to be in the same location. This is the one causing the most trouble and adding the most unpredictability, and the one causing her to grab you out of conversation with another character, for example.

I wasnt clear and should have mentioned that too, my bad.

But yeah, you're right about having a good chance of surviving building relationship with her, but -
Spoiler: show
Thats only if you elect to use small talk to do the job. Spamming the "Get to know" button instead will increase relationship and wont kill you under any circumstances. (At least, it shouldnt unless the in_conversation variable somehow got fucked which is happening right now in places and I havent gotten around to tracking that down)
Flurby
Participator

Postby DaJumpman » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:49 pm

Altea has grabbed me even with full health. She speaks like I had less than 3/4ths health.

I'm just gonna say not a fan of the fact she does that, but I am playing in a modded save file to ignore the money issue so I can just enjoy the game, so maybe it's a fitting thing.
DaJumpman
Been posting for a bit

Postby Flurby » Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:09 am

DaJumpman wrote:Altea has grabbed me even with full health. She speaks like I had less than 3/4ths health.

I'm just gonna say not a fan of the fact she does that...

Noted. I'll consider the idea of adding some toggle somewhere for the random encounter stuff.

In the meantime though, buff your athletics and stock up on antacids.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Seifens » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:16 pm

DaJumpman wrote:Altea has grabbed me even with full health. She speaks like I had less than 3/4ths health.

I'm just gonna say not a fan of the fact she does that, but I am playing in a modded save file to ignore the money issue so I can just enjoy the game, so maybe it's a fitting thing.

Flurby was correct - I wasn't looking at the right code. It happens that when she grabs you without interaction not only is it a straight up random roll that doesn't take your health into account, it also uses a very similar message to the small talk grab - "You'd make a quick meal" vs "You'll make a quick meal" - though the two aren't related mechanically.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blacklion7 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Are the mods like the Atlea one able to be applied to the mac version of the game?
blacklion7
Somewhat familiar

Postby PonycardM » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:33 pm

Would I be asking too much for an infinite money toggle?
For those that just want to social and not worry about the jobs, scratch cards or investments.

Flurby wrote:

I'm just gonna say not a fan of the fact she does that...

Noted. I'll consider the idea of adding some toggle somewhere for the random encounter stuff.

In the meantime though, buff your athletics and stock up on antacids.
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flurby » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:56 am

blacklion7 wrote:Are the mods like the Atlea one able to be applied to the mac version of the game?

I do not have a mac, so it does remain untested. However, everything is python based, I dont see why it wouldnt work, so give it a shot and let me know.

PonycardM wrote:Would I be asking too much for an infinite money toggle?
For those that just want to social and not worry about the jobs, scratch cards or investments.

My stance has been to add content without modifying mechanics too much. Infinite money, stat changes and respecing your character, reformation/resurrection, teleportation, infinite health/instant heal/bandages and ointment in stomach/messing with their daily limit, behavior modifications to characters that arent mine, or even stuff like adding unbirth to elaine, etc, as well as adding exploits to accomplish any of these things, I'm not going to "break the ice" with. As a modder and not the owner of the game I have no right to do this. It does happen all the time but it's beyond inconsiderate.

Exploits like that are not good for the game.

A pretty large percentage of people use my stuff and if I add a toggle like that, everyone will end up using and abusing it. Infinite money glitches/exploits have been seen to gut a game's playerbase in a week. I've seen it before.

That being said, the stock market and scratch cards, the only get rich quick schemes in the game, require you to build your character for them, so if you've got a bunch of time in a low luck low intelligence build, at the moment you're kind of fucked. I'll readily agree that it would definitely be nice to have something done about this, (Perhaps simply higher paying jobs) but I really shouldn't do that, not my place, not my game.
Flurby
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game