It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.39.2 (public), a0.40.0 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.26.1 (public), a0.27.1 (Patr

Postby xanmanmurc » Sun May 07, 2023 6:06 am

2 glitches with the public version, first is if you're in the bar with Jasmine and ask to rub her belly you can do so infinity, as while time progresses she doesn't leave and since you're in dialogue screens the entire time you don't pass out or anything. Was very useful for quickly maxing out my relationship with her tho.

Second is that with the unbirth scene with Sigrid, i got stuck in a loop of passing out after only getting one action. This carried over after i asked to be let out and softlocked that save (luckily i keep many).
xanmanmurc
New to the forum

Postby Morphy » Sun May 07, 2023 12:53 pm

The unbirth soft-lock is caused by the stacking debuff to your energy. It's based on how many days you've been inside and has no maximum. As you saw, after so many days you get a single action before you pass out again. Upon managing to escape, you still have the debuff on you and you pass out immediately but now your hunger is also decreasing. This leads to unavoidable death by starvation.

As for grinding (near) infinite rep with Jasmine, the other original characters can also do the same. I'm guessing the call to check on schedules (their's and the bar's) is missing so as long as you don't pass out, you can keep going 24/7...
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Mon May 08, 2023 3:21 pm

A heads up that I've hit what seems like a bug/oversight in Altea's conversation code. The effect was that my relationship went from 20-ish to -200,000 in a single interaction. I've put the explanation below:

Spoiler: show
One of the options when speaking with Altea at the bar is to flirt, and if you aren't buying drinks at the time you'll get two options: you can start buying or you can reject her and end the conversation. What you choose here affects your relationship with her. It will improve if you agree to buy, and suffer if you don't.

The issue is in the math. The value that is added to or subtracted from your relationship is calculated like this:

Code: Select all
5 / (player_charisma * (currenthygiene + 0.001) * 0.001)

A consequence of this is that if your current hygiene is zero or close to it the result of the calculation can be astronomical. In my case I had just escaped from her and wanted to ask for my stuff back when this came up, and by rejecting her (since I had no money to buy drinks) I instantly dropped to somewhere around -200,000.

The division is the problem, I think. Other locations with this type of calculation have multiplication instead. I kind of understand wanting a lower hygiene to result in a greater negative impact, but using division makes the calculation asymptotic as the denominator approaches zero. Also as it happens the same calculation is used for positive impact, so if I had said yes my relationship would have gone to positive 200,000 just as quickly.

This is a bit of an edge case for sure, so I don't know what sort of priority a fix would have.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Morphy » Mon May 08, 2023 8:26 pm

Ok, I laughed at that one... but the easiest fix is to just put a sanity check right after the math to cap it between -100 or 100.
If > 100 then 100, if < -100 then -100
Boom. Done.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sriseru » Tue May 09, 2023 3:28 am

Seifens wrote:A heads up that I've hit what seems like a bug/oversight in Altea's conversation code. The effect was that my relationship went from 20-ish to -200,000 in a single interaction. I've put the explanation below:

One of the options when speaking with Altea at the bar is to flirt, and if you aren't buying drinks at the time you'll get two options: you can start buying or you can reject her and end the conversation. What you choose here affects your relationship with her. It will improve if you agree to buy, and suffer if you don't.

The issue is in the math. The value that is added to or subtracted from your relationship is calculated like this:

5 / (player_charisma * (currenthygiene + 0.001) * 0.001)

A consequence of this is that if your current hygiene is zero or close to it the result of the calculation can be astronomical. In my case I had just escaped from her and wanted to ask for my stuff back when this came up, and by rejecting her (since I had no money to buy drinks) I instantly dropped to somewhere around -200,000.

The division is the problem, I think. Other locations with this type of calculation have multiplication instead. I kind of understand wanting a lower hygiene to result in a greater negative impact, but using division makes the calculation asymptotic as the denominator approaches zero. Also as it happens the same calculation is used for positive impact, so if I had said yes my relationship would have gone to positive 200,000 just as quickly.

This is a bit of an edge case for sure, so I don't know what sort of priority a fix would have.

While I don't know about the mods, this has been fixed in the latest Patreon version. The calculation now is:
5 / ((player_charisma * currenthygiene * 0.001 * (currentfun * 0.01 * 1.2)) + 0.25)

This means that relationships can at most drop by four times the dividend of that calculation.

Morphy wrote:Ok, I laughed at that one... but the easiest fix is to just put a sanity check right after the math to cap it between -100 or 100.
If > 100 then 100, if < -100 then -100
Boom. Done.

I... thought I had already added this to the vanilla characters, but it turns out I didn't...
Okay, here's a fix that I'm going to add to every vanilla character and that I suggest modders add to theirs:
At the start of
label update_charactername_opinion:

add
    if charactername_relationship > 100:
        $charactername_relationship = 100
    elif charactername_relationship < -100:
        $charactername_relationship = -100
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Sriseru » Wed May 10, 2023 10:15 am

I've been thinking about finally adding some music to the various locations and scenes in It's a Gluttonous Life, but I'm unsure whether or not you would want that, so I figured that I'd make a poll (which you can find at the top of this thread) and put it up for a vote.
BTW, if you're not a fan of this idea, don't worry. If I do add music, I'll add a volume slider for it in Preferences, meaning that you'll be able to disable it.
Sriseru
Participator

Postby Morphy » Wed May 10, 2023 2:13 pm

Music...

I feel like there's a MASSIVE opportunity for an elevator scene since you might add typical elevator music, and a potential pred cornering the player (two enter, one fat one leaves) :D
(The only "shady" elevator I can picture is between Elaine's apartment and the parking garage. The public one leading outside is too public)

Not really sure if all locations should have music; the Bank, bar, and grocery store would have canned music while the beach and park would be nature sounds only.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby PizzPants » Wed May 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Morphy wrote:Music...

I feel like there's a MASSIVE opportunity for an elevator scene since you might add typical elevator music, and a potential pred cornering the player (two enter, one fat one leaves) :D
(The only "shady" elevator I can picture is between Elaine's apartment and the parking garage. The public one leading outside is too public)

Not really sure if all locations should have music; the Bank, bar, and grocery store would have canned music while the beach and park would be nature sounds only.

Ooohh, i like this one! Mainly because i've seen lots of AV/UB vores on elevators, as there isn't anyone seeing whats happening~
PizzPants
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fluffofcat » Thu May 11, 2023 8:13 am

wish you could crawl into Elaine when shes asleep on her bed her butt looks annoyingly inviting, with low relation ship ending in digestion(obvi) and high relationship letting you use her as a bed~

and when shes in the shower sad theres no vore alternatives there, offer to clean her insides~ :oops:

should also say i love the game only prey game i like.
Fluffofcat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Morphy » Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 pm

Pretty sure the only pred you could conceivably crawl into with no effort on their part (sleeping) are the biggest ones like Jasmine. Elaine's on the smallest side (tight belly) and would wake up abruptly to someone trying to cram themselves into her. She'd also demand you have "protection" (well, 3 or 4 turns of it before you start to digest, heh).

A vore option in the shower would be awesome. It'd also make it easier to "hitch a ride" to work with her too. The irony of her slowly digesting prey while working at a hospital is hilarious.

Despite Elain being the "starter level pred", she can be rather dangerous too as her tight belly prevents you from accessing your inventory where the antacids are. That leaves you to try and survive to the morning when she wakes up, kick your way out and lose rep with her, or escape out her rear.

One thing I've always wondered about is if other critters are possible additions. This is a city so it'd make sense all the large and obviously dangerous ones have been driven out, or at least forced into deep hiding that can't be patrolled constantly, spots like the ocean or sewers. I'm thinking a big ol' snake that might pop out at night in the park or a large enough sea critter (besides Catalina!) trolling the shorelines at night for anyone dumb enough to be swimming. Trying to beg or scream with witless eating machines would be useless leaving you to fight or crawl out if you can. I don't see this extra pred type being added to the main game at all, there's still so much more work to be done with the /existing/ characters, so this will all have to be part of a mod.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarthTrajan » Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 pm

As a total sucker for feral preds, I'd love something like that.
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby crazytf2 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:56 pm

DarthTrajan wrote:As a total sucker for feral preds, I'd love something like that.

Yeah feral pred are very fun
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hurtthrower579 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:30 am

I hope one day a game like this could take it from a click and teleport adventure to a 3-d one. I know that's far ass away of anyone doing something like that, but still the htought is cool to me, but I'm just fine with what we have here.
Hurtthrower579
Been posting for a bit

Postby JDandAliProductions » Tue May 16, 2023 9:18 am

Hurtthrower579 wrote:I hope one day a game like this could take it from a click and teleport adventure to a 3-d one. I know that's far ass away of anyone doing something like that, but still the htought is cool to me, but I'm just fine with what we have here.

It wouldn't be impossible, if people are willing to work in Unreal Engine the source code for Life Play is available so it could be used to make a whole new game, in turn that would also allow the player to actually have a customisable character and there would be no need to make venues because it would randomly generate them based on real world map data, plus it also opens up the possibility for making the game multiplayer. All you'd really need to do is change the assets so instead of humans, orcs, vampires, elves and catgirls it randomly generated anthro characters, after that it's just a case of building a proper vore system for the game.
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby Skittles209 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:45 pm

JDandAliProductions wrote:
Hurtthrower579 wrote:I hope one day a game like this could take it from a click and teleport adventure to a 3-d one. I know that's far ass away of anyone doing something like that, but still the htought is cool to me, but I'm just fine with what we have here.

It wouldn't be impossible, if people are willing to work in Unreal Engine the source code for Life Play is available so it could be used to make a whole new game, in turn that would also allow the player to actually have a customisable character and there would be no need to make venues because it would randomly generate them based on real world map data, plus it also opens up the possibility for making the game multiplayer. All you'd really need to do is change the assets so instead of humans, orcs, vampires, elves and catgirls it randomly generated anthro characters, after that it's just a case of building a proper vore system for the game.

And a group of people willing to work with one another, not causing drama when the game launches or team breaks up, regular updates for new species or open modding tools, or a single person dedicating years of their life to create a 3D vore sim with a plan or some sort for service to continue after their death. :-D
Skittles209
Participator

Postby kyeman » Wed May 17, 2023 2:13 pm

Anyone else got stuck in blackout loop after spending few months inside womb? (checked on a0.26.1)
kyeman
New to the forum

Postby Rockyartist78 » Fri May 19, 2023 7:46 am

Hi! i wanted to ask if there is a way to cheat the money, for ppl like me that want to try thing, thank you in advice ^^
Rockyartist78
New to the forum

Postby PonycardM » Fri May 19, 2023 11:01 am

Is anyone else wanting voice lines?
PonycardM
Somewhat familiar

Postby JDandAliProductions » Fri May 19, 2023 11:34 am

Skittles209 wrote:
JDandAliProductions wrote:

And a group of people willing to work with one another, not causing drama when the game launches or team breaks up, regular updates for new species or open modding tools, or a single person dedicating years of their life to create a 3D vore sim with a plan or some sort for service to continue after their death. :-D

The other game I mentioned is open source, any can mod it if they're willing to put in the time, nothing is stopping anyone from remaking this game with that game's source code
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby LutherCage » Fri May 19, 2023 11:56 pm

kyeman wrote:Anyone else got stuck in blackout loop after spending few months inside womb? (checked on a0.26.1)

Main issue with this is the rate in which your energy depletes grows higher the more you are within there. Rather or not it is lethal in terms of the predator digestion you, the rate continues to increase which leads to a constant loop of your character passing out.
LutherCage
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game