It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.39.2 (public), a0.40.0 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.18.1 (public), a0.19 (Patreo

Postby Flurby » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:50 am

Sriseru wrote:Is there anything specific you want?

If I could make a request, Would you take a look at the custom_character_startup_check method? As it is right now, simply adding custom character that isnt/doesnt use my mod and loading a preexisting save can somehow prevent all custom_charX_enabled variables from being set to true. The custom_charX_enabled variable will be set to true in the charinfo file, but if you then loaded the game and checked it with the console it would return false. My templates take advantage of the fact that their schedule files are run every time check_basic_needs runs and they currently enable themselves and set attributes every single cycle. Not exactly ideal.

And if I could then make a shopping list, would you mind adding:

custom characters to the relationship window,

custom characters to get drunk and sober up in the alcohol file,

custom characters to the blackout_vored method

custom characters to the phone? Right now you cannot call them.
Flurby
Participator

Postby vechislav1983 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:19 am

Flurby, I wanted to ask about the window with the attitude of custom characters. As I understand it, windows with values ​​are not currently shown, so maybe it's worth making a separate button with a window for custom characters?
I suppose it could be better than one open relationship window per half screen.
vechislav1983
Been posting for a bit

Postby Flurby » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:48 pm

vechislav1983 wrote:Flurby, I wanted to ask about the window with the attitude of custom characters. As I understand it, windows with values ​​are not currently shown, so maybe it's worth making a separate button with a window for custom characters?

Well, its- yeah, obviously worth making happen somehow, but its not immediately obvious to me how I can do it seamlessly, which has been my goal thus far. If I can, I'd like to replace the existing button with my own that is essentially a copy pasted version of the regular one with customs added. Making that is not hard, replacing the other button and having it appear as it should, while remaining in the custom files and not editing vanilla files (in an attempt to remain future proof) is the task.

Making the button is easy, which is why I asked sriseru to just add custom characters to the existing one because it took me all of 12 seconds to do myself, and dare I say, seems a bit of an oversight that its not there already. Also it saves me a lot of trouble.

I've got one more idea on how I could make it work correctly that ima try later. If that doesnt work, I'll just cave and add overwrite the existing one. I'd just prefer to stay within custom files and not mess with vanilla stuff if I can.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Pawz » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:57 pm

Flurby wrote:Well, its- yeah, obviously worth making happen somehow, but its not immediately obvious to me how I can do it seamlessly, which has been my goal thus far. If I can, I'd like to replace the existing button with my own that is essentially a copy pasted version of the regular one with customs added. Making that is not hard, replacing the other button and having it appear as it should, while remaining in the custom files and not editing vanilla files (in an attempt to remain future proof) is the task.

Making the button is easy, which is why I asked sriseru to just add custom characters to the existing one because it took me all of 12 seconds to do myself, and dare I say, seems a bit of an oversight that its not there already. Also it saves me a lot of trouble.

I've got one more idea on how I could make it work correctly that ima try later. If that doesnt work, I'll just cave and add overwrite the existing one. I'd just prefer to stay within custom files and not mess with vanilla stuff if I can.

Overwriting the original file would also mean if the base game ever updates those files mods would start breaking the game. Something as simple as a new character getting added to the base game could cause things to fall apart.

Also, since the most mod-able version of the game is now no longer Patreon only and everyone is making requests for the game... Was wondering if a good way to incentivise the Patreon version would be to have at-least one Patreon only pred. I could likely put one together with a bunch of features that show off what mods can do that could also make for a good template for future modders to use. Patreons get the rendered images included in the download while non-patreons get just placeholder images so they can still view the modded Renpy files.
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Postby bonberjean » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:34 pm

My suggestion would be to rework the UI, the current one works, but it's very clunky.
Instead of the info showing on the top, it could show on the right-side Instead, that way keeping it open won't get in the way when you're talking with somebody that have a lot of dialog options, also navigating in the apartment could be made simpler, instead of buttons on bottom saying what they do, you could made the buttons with an icon that represent that option (a bathtub or toilet for bathroom, a bed for bedroom...) hovering the mouse on the button for one second will show a hint text of what the button does (moving the mouse makes the text vanish)...
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.17.1 (public), a0.18.1 (Patr

Postby DetonaTuto » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:25 pm

liquidgrumps wrote:
zane97 wrote:I Need help downloading mods is there anyway someone can show me what a folder that has the mod installed looks like

I gotchu.
Once you have the file downloaded, extract the contents to a place you can easily find them. I put them into the same folder as my latest version of the game like so:
The attachment Capture1.PNG is no longer available

Now, enter into the mod's folder, and you should see a folder labeled "game" like so.

Copy this folder and go into the version of the game you're playing on. *Note that you have to be playing on version 1.8+ for mods to work*
Take the copied folder and paste it into this folder, as you can see the folder also labeled "game" here.

When your device asks you if you want to override files (probably 14), say yes to all. What this is doing is overriding the blank placeholders for mods already in the game's files with the files of the mod itself.
You can confirm this by entering into the game folder, going into "mod scripts", and looking at the custom folder's files to see that they have been replaced with new characters.

Hope this helps!

So... I followed your instructions and... it didn't work. I got this:
Attachments
Captura de tela 2022-07-31 202303.png
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flurby » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:30 pm

DetonaTuto wrote:

This is what happens when you have the same file in two separate places. Essentially it scopes everything out when it runs, and loads everything into memory so it knows exactly what to do when an action is called. If there are two files with the same content in different places, it will load in and have two instructions to follow when one thing happens. It doesnt know which to use, so it throws that error.

My advice would be to extract the game from its zip again to a new folder, and add the mods again, exactly as he instructs one more time. Those instructions are correct, and both mods should work just fine in both 18.1 and 19.0.

Your saves will magically appear in the new game.
Flurby
Participator

Postby DetonaTuto » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:57 pm

Flurby wrote:
DetonaTuto wrote:

This is what happens when you have the same file in two separate places. Essentially it scopes everything out when it runs, and loads everything into memory so it knows exactly what to do when an action is called. If there are two files with the same content in different places, it will load in and have two instructions to follow when one thing happens. It doesnt know which to use, so it throws that error.

My advice would be to extract the game from its zip again to a new folder, and add the mods again, exactly as he instructs one more time. Those instructions are correct, and both mods should work just fine in both 18.1 and 19.0.

Your saves will magically appear in the new game.

Oh thanks. It works nicely now. :-D
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jasper » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:58 pm

Flurby wrote:
vechislav1983 wrote:Flurby, I wanted to ask about the window with the attitude of custom characters. As I understand it, windows with values ​​are not currently shown, so maybe it's worth making a separate button with a window for custom characters?

Well, its- yeah, obviously worth making happen somehow, but its not immediately obvious to me how I can do it seamlessly, which has been my goal thus far. If I can, I'd like to replace the existing button with my own that is essentially a copy pasted version of the regular one with customs added. Making that is not hard, replacing the other button and having it appear as it should, while remaining in the custom files and not editing vanilla files (in an attempt to remain future proof) is the task.

For patreon version, using massage on a large stomached custom pred sets off some sort of teleporting to being eaten by Jasmine via the new events.
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby crazytf2 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 pm

I tried the the paws bundle with myuutsu it seem that myuutsu overwrites altea for some reason
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flurby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:38 pm

Jasper wrote:
For patreon version, using massage on a large stomached custom pred sets off some sort of teleporting to being eaten by Jasmine via the new events.

I'm having difficulty reproducing this phenomenon on a0.19.0. Can I get any more information?
Flurby
Participator

Postby Flurby » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:52 pm

crazytf2 wrote:I tried the the paws bundle with myuutsu it seem that myuutsu overwrites altea for some reason

Exactly zero clue why that might happen. Try downloading the mod in the next comment here and installing it right on top of what you have right now. That should fix it.
Last edited by Flurby on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Flurby » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:04 am

Flurby's Framework V1.2 for a0.18.1+ Featuring Altea, Kudalyn and Sahara by Paws, Kudalyn and Flurby

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A VERSION COMPATIBLE WITH 0.19.1 AND 0.20.1 an update can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=60758&start=820#p2923138
The below mod only works for 0.18.1.

[ https://mega.nz/file/LHpSEKqR#QUnESnZ-j ... xc3M45zQIU ]
Must be installed on the a0.18.1 version. Not compatible with 19.X.

This mod fixes a few bugs with custom characters and contains a complete overhaul for all the custom characters in the game, and includes Altea, Kudalyn and Sahara.
Fixes include:
  • Patched a bug where custom characters could not be correctly enabled and couldnt be found in the world.
  • Custom characters can now get drunk and sober up naturally.
  • Sahara should no longer get stuck in an endless loop while unbirthing the player.
Mod also contains a completely new and separate vore system, based on the current side pred system in the game. Custom characters in this pack are sent to this new system instead of the side pred system, and this allowed for a lot of added functionality including:
  • Customized interactions as a result of any action taken within a pred. (ie kick, scream, beg, massage, ask to be let out, etc.) A modder can now edit pred responses to these actions.
  • Customizable intros (Like how jasmine might say "Thanks for the meal, [name]." once you arrive in her stomach)
  • Customizable post-digestion dialogue.
  • Schedule based pred roaming. Previously preds in the side pred system would visit random locations after voring the player and not stick to their normal routine. In this system, if you schedule your character to spend 4 hours between the hours of 1 and 5 in the morning standing around in a parking garage, if that character eats the player, you're going to be taken to that parking garage between the hours of 1 and 5. This allows for nocturnal characters with reasonable schedules that I definitely, absolutely, positively know nothing about. >.>
  • Templates have been added to customs 1 - 10 that allow for use of the system. Adding a character using the system is no more difficult than to the old one, there's just more to edit.

Character updates: (V1.0)
  • Included characters make full use of the system. This does mean their schedules have been altered slightly.
  • Altea also has some new mechanics.
    Spoiler: show
    Altea will now steal your money and your inventory before eating you, unless you both are blackout drunk. She'll count your money during the new intro. If you survive and later befriend her, you can ask for your stuff back.
  • Paws has included art to go with Sahara's unbirthing.

V1.1 Updates:
  • A Use Lifesavers button has been added to the standard actions you can take while in a custom's belly. This is offered as a workaround for the known lifesavers bug in the previous version of this mod, and will choose the proper lifesaver tablet and automatically use it, once per click.
  • Inventory set to unusable while in a custom character, because crash and burn, so use the above button.
  • Getting eaten by a custom while blacked out will no longer crash the game.
  • Removed the tight belly status from Altea and Sahara. (Kudalyn never had it) This allows you to get into their duodenums, making them a bit more escapable.
  • Balanced all preds a bit. It is now easier to kick your way out of Altea, Kudalyn and Sahara, but you'll need a beefy character.
  • Slowed digestion of Altea, Sahara and Kudalyn. They're still quick, but not as insane. Altea still has the fastest belly in the west, just, not by %50 anymore, now she only beats Catalina by %10. On the default 53 hour digestion setting, she will now digest you in 22.5 hours.
  • Sahara will no longer unbirth the player if unbirth is disabled.

V1.2 Updates:
  • A quick little update to fix a glaring error while kicking in a pred, I had accidentally left in a bit of test code. Update V1.2 fixes that, and nothing more.

Known bugs:
  • None yet, though there are reports of weirdness where interacting with a custom character transfers you right to a jasmine vore scene of some sort. Any info on this and or how to trigger it would be greatly appreciated.

Further comments:
  • Sahara's womb is still inescapable, I'm still working on the mechanics behind it, but I promised an update a while back and I'm just not gonna hold out on yall anymore.

Installation on a fresh install of 0.18.1 is no different than any of the other mods. Simply extract the file, open the folder, and copy the game folder next to the game folder in your game. You will have to overwrite files.

If you intend to use vechislav1998's muuytsu mod and Flurby's Framework at the same time, you must install it FIRST, then install Flurby's Framework on top.
If you have a save with a previous version of Flurby's Framework, (with or without muuytsu, doesnt matter) updating is as simple as installing the updated mod as normal.
Last edited by Flurby on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Flurby
Participator

Postby Jasper » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:07 am

Flurby wrote:
Jasper wrote:

I'm having difficulty reproducing this phenomenon on a0.19.0. Can I get any more information?

Maybe I broke something, not sure, but every time I press "massage" in Altea or Sahara it starts a dialogue chain that puts you in Jasmines stomach.
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby Flurby » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:06 am

Jasper wrote:Maybe I broke something, not sure, but every time I press "massage" in Altea or Sahara it starts a dialogue chain that puts you in Jasmines stomach.

Yeah idk, try extracting 0.19.0 from its zip again to a new location and installing my new updated mod I just dropped, if that doesnt fix it, could I get a save file? On windows press Win+R, type %Appdata%, click Roaming>Renpy>ItsaGluttonousLife-(numbers) Saves are stored here.

On mac, uhhhhhh- you'd have to google that one. I did, dont get me wrong, and I cant exactly test any of the results and verify them.

Me no like apple.
Flurby
Participator

Postby gigaredpanther » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:36 am

Flurby wrote:Flurby's Framework V1.1 for a0.18.1+ Featuring Altea, Kudalyn and Sahara by Paws, Kudalyn and Flurby

Aw, dangit. Of course I don't see this until AFTER I spent hours troubleshooting mods. I'll fix it tomorrow I guess...

Still, love the mods! I appreciate having preds in the game that are much more... aggressive in their methods. It feels much riskier to interact with these lovely ladies, and that makes those moments a bit more special, y'know?

(The following is just me gushing over preds, this isn't a feature request or anything)
You know what I'd love? Having a sort of 'special rapport' with these aggressive hunter-types. Like forming a bond over the repeated hunts, eventually sitting with each other at the bar going "If you could have kept me down just a little bit longer, I'd be thigh padding right about now!" "Ha! It was just a fluke. Next time, you're sliding down my throat for good!" "So... same place tomorrow?" "Nah, maybe the park instead. It still feels like there's sand in my mouth from this morning. Bleh."

Admittedly, it's a relationship that will inevitably end with the words "You're finally all mine~<3", but it sounds like a good time regardless. Damn, now I'm in a writing mood.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jasper » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:41 am

Flurby wrote:
Jasper wrote:Maybe I broke something, not sure, but every time I press "massage" in Altea or Sahara it starts a dialogue chain that puts you in Jasmines stomach.

Yeah idk, try extracting 0.19.0 from its zip again to a new location and installing my new updated mod I just dropped, if that doesnt fix it, could I get a save file? On windows press Win+R, type %Appdata%, click Roaming>Renpy>ItsaGluttonousLife-(numbers) Saves are stored here.

On mac, uhhhhhh- you'd have to google that one. I did, dont get me wrong, and I cant exactly test any of the results and verify them.

Me no like apple.

whatever you did in the latest update worked
so uh
props bro
don't worry, I stick to PC, so if I have any problems in future you won't have to worry about apple problems
Jasper
Been posting for a bit

Postby crazytf2 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:54 pm

Altea still doesnt show up in the venue shes supposed to be instead i have kudalyn and sahara or myuutsu in the park but im wondering if its because they share the same schedule
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flurby » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:43 pm

crazytf2 wrote:Altea still doesnt show up in the venue shes supposed to be instead i have kudalyn and sahara or myuutsu in the park but im wondering if its because they share the same schedule

Each of their schedules is radically different, actually. Are you looking in the right place?

Here's Altea's:

Sunday:
  • Midnight to 6:30: Sleep
  • 6:30 to 10:00: Home
  • 10: to 8:30: Ice Cream Parlor
  • 8:30 to Midnight: Sleep

Monday - Thursday:
  • 10:00 to 12:30: Park
  • 12:30 to 1:00: Car dealership
  • 1:00 to 2:30: Bank
  • 2:30 to 5:00: Beach
  • 5:00 to 11:30: Home
  • 11:30 to Midnight: Sleep

Friday:
  • 12:30 to 1:00: Beach
  • 1:00 to 2:30: Supermarket
  • 2:30 to 11:30: Bar

Saturday:
  • 10:00 to 12:30 Park
  • 12:30 to 5:00 Bar
  • 5:00 to 11:30 Home
  • 11:30 to Midnight Sleep
Flurby
Participator

Postby crazytf2 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:55 pm

Flurby wrote:
crazytf2 wrote:Altea still doesnt show up in the venue shes supposed to be instead i have kudalyn and sahara or myuutsu in the park but im wondering if its because they share the same schedule

Each of their schedules is radically different, actually. Are you looking in the right place?

Here's Altea's:

Sunday:
  • 10: to 8:30: Ice Cream Parlor
  • 8:30 to Midnight: Sleep

Monday - Thursday:
  • 12:30 to 1:00: Car dealership
  • 1:00 to 2:30: Bank
  • 2:30 to 5:00: Beach
  • 5:00 to 11:30: Home

Friday:
  • 12:30 to 1:00: Beach
  • 1:00 to 2:30: Supermarket
  • 2:30 to 11:30: Bar

Saturday:
  • 10:00 to 12:30 Park
  • 12:30 to 5:00 Bar
  • 5:00 to 11:30 Home
  • 11:30 to Midnight Sleep

Yeah i was at the park on monday between those hours and she didnt show up but i think its something myuutsu schedule i think but not sure
crazytf2
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game