Felarya Voracious Defense - 1.0 Public Release

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - 1.0 Public Release

Postby RichardDix » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:00 pm

CVYouTube wrote:
Deadlox40 wrote:Can someone explain how to do the Meal in the woods!-3 request. I can't for the life of me complete it. I've left the circle furthest to the left free for the entire level and didn't get it; left it free until wave 11; I've even tried leaving the furthest to the right free once just to see it that worked.

The spot that must remain open is the first spot that prey encounter after taking the lower entrance. The tricky part is the carts that will make it there unopposed. Better have good rear defenses! :gulp:

What's the numerical position of the ring, starting from the top-right and following the trail? I've protected the bottom 4 until wave 11 is over, but gained nothing. Do I have to place something in the spot during that wave? It's written very confusingly :?
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:33 pm

RichardDix wrote:
CVYouTube wrote:
Deadlox40 wrote:Can someone explain how to do the Meal in the woods!-3 request. I can't for the life of me complete it. I've left the circle furthest to the left free for the entire level and didn't get it; left it free until wave 11; I've even tried leaving the furthest to the right free once just to see it that worked.

The spot that must remain open is the first spot that prey encounter after taking the lower entrance. The tricky part is the carts that will make it there unopposed. Better have good rear defenses! :gulp:

What's the numerical position of the ring, starting from the top-right and following the trail? I've protected the bottom 4 until wave 11 is over, but gained nothing. Do I have to place something in the spot during that wave? It's written very confusingly :?

Here, I've circled it. :D
Attachments
This One.png
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:38 pm

CVYouTube wrote:Here, I've circled it. :D

Thank you!
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby lapraslunch » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:50 pm

Ah~ So this is the final update, eh? Well, I'm definitely gonna have to see about downloading and seeing how things came out in the end~ :D Looking forward to it~ :)
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:12 am

A few points that might help those who struggled with the later levels as I sometimes did...

Don't underestimate Anna. Put her at the back of the maze ASAP. If you can get her mana generator up and running early on, the surplus of mana you will have can enable you to freely use some powerful spells without worrying about having the mana to fill the maze with preds.

Speaking of, spells should only be used for emergencies or when you are full on mana and are essentially wasting extra mana because you can't hold more than 100. The preds are the primary way to win. Spells are supplements.

The void levels seem intimidating, but the more void stars you get, the more mana you start with, and having an extra pred or two early on can make the difference in levels with two or three paths!

Also about the void levels, you should plan your deck specially for them. Get upgrades and preds that are good for the long haul. Getting cheap fairies is wonderful early, but when you face waves with nearly 100 prey, you'll want a pred that can eat more than 8 people.

Of course, I don't want to spill all of my secrets. Part of the fun is experimenting! My personal best for any endless level is 91 waves cleared. That one saw over 5,000 prey being fed to someone. :gulp: Do you think you can beat me?
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby boo » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:51 am

Any one knows how to get the pred marked by red circle? I beaten all the levels and it is still greyed out.

boo
New to the forum

Postby meaning4 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:35 am

have 5 stars free, go to temi's, unlock dridder at gate
meaning4
Somewhat familiar

Postby TeamFortress2 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:39 am

Alright, here is my super objective tier list that no one can have any objections with ever because it's that perfect:

S tier (Predators that can easily carry the teams they're in):
Spoiler: show

Fairy: 2nd cheapest pred in the game, easily spammable, and as a Sylvan has access to the best pred upgrade in the game, namely "Chance to eat without tease" in Temi's Clinic, which elevates her TPS (tinies per second) above the other non-unique preds. The "-2 Mana Point cost to place" upgrade makes Fairies even more spammable and the faster hand refresh upgrade can make up for their small hunger, which requires them to be replaced quite often.

Crisis: A predator that has a lot of great abilities which all add up to one of the most well-rounded predators in the game. For starters, she has a bite size of 2, which on it's own is already amazing, but on top of that she has "Ambidextrous" which allows her to grab an extra tiny while she is already holding one. She also has improved basic reach, instead of being limited to the 4 squares next to her (up, down, left, right), she can also grab tinies diagonally. Speaking of reach, her second ability "Swift Predator" allows her to grab tinies from anywhere on the map, so while she's very fearsome when placed at the front, she is also a great support unit when placed at the back, being able to pick off tinies every now and again, no matter where they are on the map. And it doesn't end there, because we haven't even talked about her class, which by default is none, but thanks to Temi's clinic, she can be both Sylvan and Wild class at the same time! Allowing her to benefit from the best upgrades for both classes. In the wild class, +1 armor hit damage makes her an even more fearsome foe when placed in front. But the Sylvan class is where her most powerful potential upgrade can be found "Chance to eat without tease". This upgrade was enough to put Fairies in S tier and it's even better on Crisis, because it combos extremely well with her better range, bite size of 2 and her "Ambidextrous". When placed up front with both the +1 damage to armor upgrade and the "chance to eat without tease" upgrade, she can thin out waves of enemies very effectively. Her main downside is that she'll pretty much constantly be eating tinies, causing her to get full quite quickly, but can be mitigated slightly with the wild class "increase hunger" upgrade.

Melany: As a Sylvan, Melany also has access to the "Chance to eat without tease", but this, while still a nice upgrade, doesn't nearly have as much of an impact on Melany. The upgrade is great for failies because they are easily spammable and can cover the whole map and for Crisis it was great mainly because of her bite size of 2. Melany instead reaches S tier because of the "Crafty Trapper" ability. Placed in the back, Melany forms a very solid last line of defense. Any tinies that slip past the other predators from time to time, don't stand a chance making it past Melany. Depending on the map, tinies can expect anywhere from 3 to 8 traps waiting for them at the end of the path and they're gonna need to either have constant leaks of tinies, or make it to Melany with a big group at once. Because Melany's main weakness is that it takes a while for her to place traps, so if tinies constantly make it to her, she isn't much better than a single fairy.

Vivian: The first non-Sylvan class to make it into S tier. Unlike the ones above, she isn't here for her tiny eating abilities, instead, her "Sympathetic Magic" ability is what landed her here. It halves the cost of all your spells (rounded down), which is bonkers. It doesn't matter which spells you take, half mana cost is gonna make them significantly more reliable and spells are just a great way to beat later levels. Vivian is also part of the Mystic class, but sadly doesn't really get much use out of any of the upgrades, still better than no class however.

Anna: Most games are automatically won the moment you can place Anna down. If you place her in the back and manage to keep tinies away from her for a little while, then her Mana generator will generate mana faster than you'll realistically need. Alternatively, if mana isn't a problem, you can place her at the front of the track and let her go ham on tinies, because once her project is destroyed, she becomes the highest TPS predator in the game, out-eating all other predators with the main downside being that she's on a death timer. It's also up-front where her being the wild class sees the most use. The "+1 damage to armor" upgrade is obviously great on any predator placed at the front, she also makes the best use out of the "chance to knockback on hit" upgrade, which I often see as a negative for other wild class predators, as it causes tinies to be packed closer together, but Anna's super speedy eating combined with the periodic AoE stuns around her, means that Anna can use knockback to do much more damage to each tiny group that tries to slip past her. Her best place is definitely in the back, and that already deserves a spot in S tier, but her viability up front deserves to be mentioned and she might've still been in S tier even if she didn't have the ability to generate mana.

Devlin: The way she can consistently eat tinies is unmatched by any of the other predators, and the devs clearly knew this, as she's the only predator that requires "Frenzied Feeding" popularity to place down. Her "Teleport Traps" are great at thinning out groups of tinies, she'll capture up to 4 tinies at which point she starts eating them at a relatively fast speed, during this eating period, she doesn't place down any new traps, but the ones that were already placed do stay, allowing her to capture more tinies while still in the process of eating, adding to her consistency. She also has the superior ability "Psychic Supremacy", which allows her to just ignore armor and shields, grabbing tinies from under them, which is good as she has no way to actually break those shields. Her only negatives are that she part of the "E.S.P." class, which has no upgrades, and she needs a lot of popularity before she can be placed.

Iridan: Only has a bite of 1 and doesn't appear until Feasting, but thanks to her Dark class, that can be reduced to Dining. She isn't really better than your average predator against regular enemies, but she quickly makes short work of any group of tinies that dare get into close range of her while carrying armor. Because, despite having a bite of 1, when armored tinies come close, she immediately grabs all 3 of them. Obviously, not having to smack the armor 3 times and then grab every single tiny individually, is a pretty strong ability and makes her the ideal predator to place at the front of the tracks.

A tier (Solid predators, but don't have the extra edge needed to reach S tier):

Deertaur: While deertaur is a solid unit, forming the 1st line of defense in almost all of my games, thanks to her amazing Armor Breaker ability, she drops out of S-tier because she tends to make non-armored tinies harder to defeat. Her Stack Smack ability that stuns groups of tinies is handy against shields, as it allows her to grab a snack after breaking the shield, but this ability backfires against non-armored groups of tinies. Her stun doesn't last long enough for her to grab a second tiny from that group, meaning that the only thing it accomplishes, is closing the gap between the tinies she stuns and the ones that come after that group, which makes those tinies harder to deal with for the preds that come after. I have lost games by placing too many deertaurs in front, which resulted in a big blob, made up of several tiny groups all rushing towards the exit as a single unit.

Subeta: Even though she technically has a bite size of 1, in reality, with her "Belly Warp" ability, she can eat 2 tinies at a time from quite a distance. She is also, as far as I'm aware, the only Mystic class predator who makes use of the "faster abilities cooldown (-1s)" upgrade in Temi's Clinic. In any case, her ability with long reach that effectively gives her a bite of 2 is her main strength. Her main weakness is when tinies get close to her, at which point she will grab and eat them one at a time, so you want to preferably put her in a central location where she has a lot of track coverage, but also want to put her far enough back along the track that she isn't grabbing tinies instead of using her ability. Another downside is that she doesn't appear till "Feasting" popularity level, far from a deal-breaker and doesn't affect her ranking, but still something that should be kept in mind when determining their viablity.

Zycra: She very much feels like a side-grade to Subeta, because they both have very similar strengths and weaknesses. Even though Zycra has a bite size of 1, her "Agile Tongue" ability can give her an effective bit of 3 and like Subeta, doesn't really want tinies getting close to her, because it's way less efficient grabbing tinies next to her one by one, than it is to grab 1-3 tinies with her tongue from afar. And unfortunately for Zycra, her Agile Tongue ability has much less range than Subeta's Belly Warp, it's also has a pretty awkward coverage with the 8 spots she can reach being tiles that are 2 away from her up, down, left, right and diagonally. This makes her quite map-dependent as you're looking for places where she can pick up tinies with her tongue, preferably long before they pass next to her. Despite being a "Feasting" popularity pred, thanks to being in the Dark class, she can appear at Dining level with an upgrade. The Dark class also has the -2s ability cooldown upgrade, which I think her tongue makes use of. Her "Secretive" "ability" is so unimportant that I'm questioning why I'm even mentioning it, "no popularity when leaving" just does not matter on a predator that needs dining/feasting to be summoned, and has a hunger of "Gluttonous".

Anko: Sniper tongue is an extremely powerful ability, allowing her to eat a far-away tiny in record-time. And unlike Subeta and Zycra, she doesn't care if tinies get close to her. Because while her tongue makes her a strong long-range character, her long melee range together with her bite of 2 additionally make her a fearsome predator up-close, especially since she's the only Wild class character with a bite of 2, making her the perfect predator for the "+1 armor hit damage" upgrade, which, combined with her range, will allow her to more easily smash through armor and then immediately grab multiple of the tinies underneath. Anko is just a solid pick and can do well no matter where you place her on the track. Her appearing at feasting is the only downside she has

B tier (Predators that get outclassed by others in many aspects, but still have some useful applications of their own):

Naga: They are decent predators, but unfortunately get outshone by Fairies in almost every aspect. The Naga's innate ability is that they refund more MP when full, which is nice, but Fairies end up being better in that aspect just because they're cheaper. Nagas also don't have anything that increases their TPS. However, they aren't worse than fairies in all aspects, they do have a greater hunger, meaning they have to be replaced less and their best boon comes when you get the Mystic class ability "Chance to gain +1 Mana Points on eat" which makes them a great support unit for a spell-heavy playstyle.

Dridder: Dridders have a lot going for them and can be really powerful predators in the right situations, but between being the only general predator with a base popularity required to spawn of "Dining" and their inconsistent periods of tiny-catching, it was pretty hard to justify putting them in A. They can place up to 3 webs on the track, each web can catch up to 3 tinies at ones, but more significantly in my eyes, is that they do damage to armored tinies without disappearing, meaning that, theoretically, if a level only spawned armored tinies, then 1 dridder up-front is all you need to strip every single one of them from their armor. Unfortunately, armored foes are slow, so unarmored tinies will be the ones caught in the webs much more often, immediately disabling the web from affecting any more tinies, which is a real shame, since a single tiny can disable this web, which won't be replaced by the dridder any time soon, because the moment a tiny is trapped in a web the dridder will prioritize eating every single individual tiny caught within a web with a pretty lengthy eating animation before they place a new web. So usually at the start of the level, a drider will catch 3-9 tinies, maybe do 1-2 points of damage to shields and then spend the rest of their time during the level eating the tinies they caught. Even though they're on the expensive side to place and require a Dining popularity level, these downsides can be mitigated a lot thanks to being from the Dark Class, which has upgrades like "One less Popularity level needed to appear", "+75% mana points rebade" and "-5mp cost if a Dark is on the field", their limiting factor is probably not going to be their cost, but instead that they don't appear very often in your hand. Then there is the "Faster abilities cooldown -2s" which I believe applies to the speed at which dridders place webs, which allows them to set up faster for the next wave of tinies after they're done eating all the snacks they caught in the previous level. I haven't talked very highly of the dridder up to this point, but in the end, their free armor damage ability and their ability to potentially stop 9 tinies in a very short span of time are really powerful, it's just a shame that they can't keep up with a continuous stream of tinies.

Linda: I was originally planning on placing Linda in A tier because of her bite size of 2. Then I saw Anko, who can do the exact same things Linda can do, but also has the Sniper Tongue ability. The only thing Linda does better than Anko is that Linda can appear during Dining popularity while Anko has to wait till Feasting. So while Linda is a strong pred on her own, with good reach and a bite of 2, her lack of the Sniper Tongue ability and her being a part of the joke "Giant Clutz" class, which doesn't get any upgrades, land her in a tier under Anko.

C tier (Not the most reliable predators, still have some niche uses, but you're probably better off taking someone else):

Pipril: Quite cheap for a unique predator. Being part of the wild class can give her access to the great "+1 damage to armor", but the upgrade kind of clashes with the rest of her kit, the upgrade that allows her to knock tinies back combos better. Her "Sticky Mucus" ability can allow her and other nearby preds to more easily take mulitple tinies from the same group, but it doesn't really do anything against continuous streams of tinies, because if 2 tinies spawn 5 seconds apart from each other and both get slowed down when they reach Pirpil, then they'll still be 5 seconds apart from each other and you'll still need enough preds to handle 0.2 tinies per second. In fact, it's slightly worse, because the first tiny that hits Pipril's mucus will remove the mucus from that tile, causing the tiny behind them to move at full speed for 1 tile longer, meaning that they'll be following each other up slightly faster.
However, if Pipril is placed near the back her Mucus does help dealing with inconsistent leakage of tinies and this is also where the wild class' knockback upgrade can see the most use.

D tier (Predators that don't bring anything worthwhile to the table, they can eat tinies and that's pretty much all there is to them.):

Tinatalan: In my eyes, she's basically just a more expensive fairy that requires a lot of popularity to place, can only be placed one at a time and sometimes decides it's time to stop eating. At least they're part of the Sylvan class, which does give them the great "Chance to eat without tease" upgrade, but her actual abilities just aren't useful enough to increase her ranking on the list. She sometimes starts dancing, which stuns tinies and removes some fullness from nearby predators. The problem here being that I'd rather she just eat tinies instead of stunning them, and her dances don't happen often enough and don't remove enough hunger, to actually make the ability worthwhile.

F tier (Reserved for predators that form more of a hindrance than actually helping you out):

Ivery: The only predator deserving of F tier. Their main use is supposed to be increasing your popularity, you place one down for a mere 5 mana, they eat 1 human, immediately leave and with their "Chatty" ability they generate some early popularity. They're also part of the wild class, which gives them access to the "+5 popularity on leave" upgrade, reinforcing that playstyle. The first problem with this, is that that focussing on popularity increase isn't that strong. The predators you unlock by doing this don't usually need to be unlocked that early. Being able to plop down Anna early on could be helpful, but besides that, there is really no reason to focus your early game on increasing popularity instead of spamming fairies everywhere. But let's say you use them for an early Anna, now what? She'll just keep cycling back in your hand, taking up a spot that could have been taken by a useful predator. You really don't want to place Ivery down anymore, because she takes a really long time before she decides to catch a tiny and once she catches one, it takes ages for her to swallow the tiny and then just leaves, bound to appear in your hand again. Even the wild class upgrade of increasing hunger isn't enough to make her eat more than 1 tiny. What's worse is that the tiny she eats seems to be the one furthest away from the exit, the one that's the least of my worries. But the worst part about her, is that the one use she serves (generating popularity) is something she sucks at. The 3 stars you use for unlocking her is just better spent on Luban, Goddess of digestion, at the Sanctuary of the Trinity. Because even with her Chatty ability and wild class +5 popularity upgrade, the rate at which she generates Popularity is just really low. According to my estimations, you need to spawn Ivery ~5 times in order to go from feasting to dining, the problem here is that Ivery is a unique predator, meaning only 1 can be present on the map at a time. And as mentioned above, it takes a really long time for her to eat a single tiny, as a result, you can't even use her to speedrun towards Dining Popularity level, which would have been her only use.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:37 pm

TeamFortress2 wrote:Alright, here is my super objective tier list that no one can have any objections with ever because it's that perfect:

S tier (Predators that can easily carry the teams they're in):

Fairy: 2nd cheapest pred in the game, easily spammable, and as a Sylvan has access to the best pred upgrade in the game, namely "Chance to eat without tease" in Temi's Clinic, which elevates her TPS (tinies per second) above the other non-unique preds. The "-2 Mana Point cost to place" upgrade makes Fairies even more spammable and the faster hand refresh upgrade can make up for their small hunger, which requires them to be replaced quite often.

Crisis: A predator that has a lot of great abilities which all add up to one of the most well-rounded predators in the game. For starters, she has a bite size of 2, which on it's own is already amazing, but on top of that she has "Ambidextrous" which allows her to grab an extra tiny while she is already holding one. She also has improved basic reach, instead of being limited to the 4 squares next to her (up, down, left, right), she can also grab tinies diagonally. Speaking of reach, her second ability "Swift Predator" allows her to grab tinies from anywhere on the map, so while she's very fearsome when placed at the front, she is also a great support unit when placed at the back, being able to pick off tinies every now and again, no matter where they are on the map. And it doesn't end there, because we haven't even talked about her class, which by default is none, but thanks to Temi's clinic, she can be both Sylvan and Wild class at the same time! Allowing her to benefit from the best upgrades for both classes. In the wild class, +1 armor hit damage makes her an even more fearsome foe when placed in front. But the Sylvan class is where her most powerful potential upgrade can be found "Chance to eat without tease". This upgrade was enough to put Fairies in S tier and it's even better on Crisis, because it combos extremely well with her better range, bite size of 2 and her "Ambidextrous". When placed up front with both the +1 damage to armor upgrade and the "chance to eat without tease" upgrade, she can thin out waves of enemies very effectively. Her main downside is that she'll pretty much constantly be eating tinies, causing her to get full quite quickly, but can be mitigated slightly with the wild class "increase hunger" upgrade.

Melany: As a Sylvan, Melany also has access to the "Chance to eat without tease", but this, while still a nice upgrade, doesn't nearly have as much of an impact on Melany. The upgrade is great for failies because they are easily spammable and can cover the whole map and for Crisis it was great mainly because of her bite size of 2. Melany instead reaches S tier because of the "Crafty Trapper" ability. Placed in the back, Melany forms a very solid last line of defense. Any tinies that slip past the other predators from time to time, don't stand a chance making it past Melany. Depending on the map, tinies can expect anywhere from 3 to 8 traps waiting for them at the end of the path and they're gonna need to either have constant leaks of tinies, or make it to Melany with a big group at once. Because Melany's main weakness is that it takes a while for her to place traps, so if tinies constantly make it to her, she isn't much better than a single fairy.

Vivian: The first non-Sylvan class to make it into S tier. Unlike the ones above, she isn't here for her tiny eating abilities, instead, her "Sympathetic Magic" ability is what landed her here. It halves the cost of all your spells (rounded down), which is bonkers. It doesn't matter which spells you take, half mana cost is gonna make them significantly more reliable and spells are just a great way to beat later levels. Vivian is also part of the Mystic class, but sadly doesn't really get much use out of any of the upgrades, still better than no class however.

Anna: Most games are automatically won the moment you can place Anna down. If you place her in the back and manage to keep tinies away from her for a little while, then her Mana generator will generate mana faster than you'll realistically need. Alternatively, if mana isn't a problem, you can place her at the front of the track and let her go ham on tinies, because once her project is destroyed, she becomes the highest TPS predator in the game, out-eating all other predators with the main downside being that she's on a death timer. It's also up-front where her being the wild class sees the most use. The "+1 damage to armor" upgrade is obviously great on any predator placed at the front, she also makes the best use out of the "chance to knockback on hit" upgrade, which I often see as a negative for other wild class predators, as it causes tinies to be packed closer together, but Anna's super speedy eating combined with the periodic AoE stuns around her, means that Anna can use knockback to do much more damage to each tiny group that tries to slip past her. Her best place is definitely in the back, and that already deserves a spot in S tier, but her viability up front deserves to be mentioned and she might've still been in S tier even if she didn't have the ability to generate mana.

Devlin: The way she can consistently eat tinies is unmatched by any of the other predators, and the devs clearly knew this, as she's the only predator that requires "Frenzied Feeding" popularity to place down. Her "Teleport Traps" are great at thinning out groups of tinies, she'll capture up to 4 tinies at which point she starts eating them at a relatively fast speed, during this eating period, she doesn't place down any new traps, but the ones that were already placed do stay, allowing her to capture more tinies while still in the process of eating, adding to her consistency. She also has the superior ability "Psychic Supremacy", which allows her to just ignore armor and shields, grabbing tinies from under them, which is good as she has no way to actually break those shields. Her only negatives are that she part of the "E.S.P." class, which has no upgrades, and she needs a lot of popularity before she can be placed.

Iridan: Only has a bite of 1 and doesn't appear until Feasting, but thanks to her Dark class, that can be reduced to Dining. She isn't really better than your average predator against regular enemies, but she quickly makes short work of any group of tinies that dare get into close range of her while carrying armor. Because, despite having a bite of 1, when armored tinies come close, she immediately grabs all 3 of them. Obviously, not having to smack the armor 3 times and then grab every single tiny individually, is a pretty strong ability and makes her the ideal predator to place at the front of the tracks.

A tier (Solid predators, but don't have the extra edge needed to reach S tier):

Deertaur: While deertaur is a solid unit, forming the 1st line of defense in almost all of my games, thanks to her amazing Armor Breaker ability, she drops out of S-tier because she tends to make non-armored tinies harder to defeat. Her Stack Smack ability that stuns groups of tinies is handy against shields, as it allows her to grab a snack after breaking the shield, but this ability backfires against non-armored groups of tinies. Her stun doesn't last long enough for her to grab a second tiny from that group, meaning that the only thing it accomplishes, is closing the gap between the tinies she stuns and the ones that come after that group, which makes those tinies harder to deal with for the preds that come after. I have lost games by placing too many deertaurs in front, which resulted in a big blob, made up of several tiny groups all rushing towards the exit as a single unit.

Subeta: Even though she technically has a bite size of 1, in reality, with her "Belly Warp" ability, she can eat 2 tinies at a time from quite a distance. She is also, as far as I'm aware, the only Mystic class predator who makes use of the "faster abilities cooldown (-1s)" upgrade in Temi's Clinic. In any case, her ability with long reach that effectively gives her a bite of 2 is her main strength. Her main weakness is when tinies get close to her, at which point she will grab and eat them one at a time, so you want to preferably put her in a central location where she has a lot of track coverage, but also want to put her far enough back along the track that she isn't grabbing tinies instead of using her ability. Another downside is that she doesn't appear till "Feasting" popularity level, far from a deal-breaker and doesn't affect her ranking, but still something that should be kept in mind when determining their viablity.

Zycra: She very much feels like a side-grade to Subeta, because they both have very similar strengths and weaknesses. Even though Zycra has a bite size of 1, her "Agile Tongue" ability can give her an effective bit of 3 and like Subeta, doesn't really want tinies getting close to her, because it's way less efficient grabbing tinies next to her one by one, than it is to grab 1-3 tinies with her tongue from afar. And unfortunately for Zycra, her Agile Tongue ability has much less range than Subeta's Belly Warp, it's also has a pretty awkward coverage with the 8 spots she can reach being tiles that are 2 away from her up, down, left, right and diagonally. This makes her quite map-dependent as you're looking for places where she can pick up tinies with her tongue, preferably long before they pass next to her. Despite being a "Feasting" popularity pred, thanks to being in the Dark class, she can appear at Dining level with an upgrade. The Dark class also has the -2s ability cooldown upgrade, which I think her tongue makes use of. Her "Secretive" "ability" is so unimportant that I'm questioning why I'm even mentioning it, "no popularity when leaving" just does not matter on a predator that needs dining/feasting to be summoned, and has a hunger of "Gluttonous".

Anko: Sniper tongue is an extremely powerful ability, allowing her to eat a far-away tiny in record-time. And unlike Subeta and Zycra, she doesn't care if tinies get close to her. Because while her tongue makes her a strong long-range character, her long melee range together with her bite of 2 additionally make her a fearsome predator up-close, especially since she's the only Wild class character with a bite of 2, making her the perfect predator for the "+1 armor hit damage" upgrade, which, combined with her range, will allow her to more easily smash through armor and then immediately grab multiple of the tinies underneath. Anko is just a solid pick and can do well no matter where you place her on the track. Her appearing at feasting is the only downside she has

B tier (Predators that get outclassed by others in many aspects, but still have some useful applications of their own):

Naga: They are decent predators, but unfortunately get outshone by Fairies in almost every aspect. The Naga's innate ability is that they refund more MP when full, which is nice, but Fairies end up being better in that aspect just because they're cheaper. Nagas also don't have anything that increases their TPS. However, they aren't worse than fairies in all aspects, they do have a greater hunger, meaning they have to be replaced less and their best boon comes when you get the Mystic class ability "Chance to gain +1 Mana Points on eat" which makes them a great support unit for a spell-heavy playstyle.

Dridder: Dridders have a lot going for them and can be really powerful predators in the right situations, but between being the only general predator with a base popularity required to spawn of "Dining" and their inconsistent periods of tiny-catching, it was pretty hard to justify putting them in A. They can place up to 3 webs on the track, each web can catch up to 3 tinies at ones, but more significantly in my eyes, is that they do damage to armored tinies without disappearing, meaning that, theoretically, if a level only spawned armored tinies, then 1 dridder up-front is all you need to strip every single one of them from their armor. Unfortunately, armored foes are slow, so unarmored tinies will be the ones caught in the webs much more often, immediately disabling the web from affecting any more tinies, which is a real shame, since a single tiny can disable this web, which won't be replaced by the dridder any time soon, because the moment a tiny is trapped in a web the dridder will prioritize eating every single individual tiny caught within a web with a pretty lengthy eating animation before they place a new web. So usually at the start of the level, a drider will catch 3-9 tinies, maybe do 1-2 points of damage to shields and then spend the rest of their time during the level eating the tinies they caught. Even though they're on the expensive side to place and require a Dining popularity level, these downsides can be mitigated a lot thanks to being from the Dark Class, which has upgrades like "One less Popularity level needed to appear", "+75% mana points rebade" and "-5mp cost if a Dark is on the field", their limiting factor is probably not going to be their cost, but instead that they don't appear very often in your hand. Then there is the "Faster abilities cooldown -2s" which I believe applies to the speed at which dridders place webs, which allows them to set up faster for the next wave of tinies after they're done eating all the snacks they caught in the previous level. I haven't talked very highly of the dridder up to this point, but in the end, their free armor damage ability and their ability to potentially stop 9 tinies in a very short span of time are really powerful, it's just a shame that they can't keep up with a continuous stream of tinies.

Linda: I was originally planning on placing Linda in A tier because of her bite size of 2. Then I saw Anko, who can do the exact same things Linda can do, but also has the Sniper Tongue ability. The only thing Linda does better than Anko is that Linda can appear during Dining popularity while Anko has to wait till Feasting. So while Linda is a strong pred on her own, with good reach and a bite of 2, her lack of the Sniper Tongue ability and her being a part of the joke "Giant Clutz" class, which doesn't get any upgrades, land her in a tier under Anko.

C tier (Not the most reliable predators, still have some niche uses, but you're probably better off taking someone else):

Pipril: Quite cheap for a unique predator. Being part of the wild class can give her access to the great "+1 damage to armor", but the upgrade kind of clashes with the rest of her kit, the upgrade that allows her to knock tinies back combos better. Her "Sticky Mucus" ability can allow her and other nearby preds to more easily take mulitple tinies from the same group, but it doesn't really do anything against continuous streams of tinies, because if 2 tinies spawn 5 seconds apart from each other and both get slowed down when they reach Pirpil, then they'll still be 5 seconds apart from each other and you'll still need enough preds to handle 0.2 tinies per second. In fact, it's slightly worse, because the first tiny that hits Pipril's mucus will remove the mucus from that tile, causing the tiny behind them to move at full speed for 1 tile longer, meaning that they'll be following each other up slightly faster.
However, if Pipril is placed near the back her Mucus does help dealing with inconsistent leakage of tinies and this is also where the wild class' knockback upgrade can see the most use.

D tier (Predators that don't bring anything worthwhile to the table, they can eat tinies and that's pretty much all there is to them.):

Tinatalan: In my eyes, she's basically just a more expensive fairy that requires a lot of popularity to place, can only be placed one at a time and sometimes decides it's time to stop eating. At least they're part of the Sylvan class, which does give them the great "Chance to eat without tease" upgrade, but her actual abilities just aren't useful enough to increase her ranking on the list. She sometimes starts dancing, which stuns tinies and removes some fullness from nearby predators. The problem here being that I'd rather she just eat tinies instead of stunning them, and her dances don't happen often enough and don't remove enough hunger, to actually make the ability worthwhile.

F tier (Reserved for predators that form more of a hindrance than actually helping you out):

Ivery: The only predator deserving of F tier. Their main use is supposed to be increasing your popularity, you place one down for a mere 5 mana, they eat 1 human, immediately leave and with their "Chatty" ability they generate some early popularity. They're also part of the wild class, which gives them access to the "+5 popularity on leave" upgrade, reinforcing that playstyle. The first problem with this, is that that focussing on popularity increase isn't that strong. The predators you unlock by doing this don't usually need to be unlocked that early. Being able to plop down Anna early on could be helpful, but besides that, there is really no reason to focus your early game on increasing popularity instead of spamming fairies everywhere. But let's say you use them for an early Anna, now what? She'll just keep cycling back in your hand, taking up a spot that could have been taken by a useful predator. You really don't want to place Ivery down anymore, because she takes a really long time before she decides to catch a tiny and once she catches one, it takes ages for her to swallow the tiny and then just leaves, bound to appear in your hand again. Even the wild class upgrade of increasing hunger isn't enough to make her eat more than 1 tiny. What's worse is that the tiny she eats seems to be the one furthest away from the exit, the one that's the least of my worries. But the worst part about her, is that the one use she serves (generating popularity) is something she sucks at. The 3 stars you use for unlocking her is just better spent on Luban, Goddess of digestion, at the Sanctuary of the Trinity. Because even with her Chatty ability and wild class +5 popularity upgrade, the rate at which she generates Popularity is just really low. According to my estimations, you need to spawn Ivery ~5 times in order to go from feasting to dining, the problem here is that Ivery is a unique predator, meaning only 1 can be present on the map at a time. And as mentioned above, it takes a really long time for her to eat a single tiny, as a result, you can't even use her to speedrun towards Dining Popularity level, which would have been her only use.

I agree with a good portion of the ratings, but not all. Vivian in particular does not merit the S ranking in my opinion. Aside from the later levels where you need a boost outside simply filling the maze with preds, spells should not be needed and are not wise to use in my opinion. Compared to the number of prey you can remove by spending mana on preds, the spells are not efficient and are therefore best for emergencies, so you shouldn't be using them in the first two chapters at least. She's a unique ranking to me because she is either a liability if spells are not helpful or a blessing if they are required, but I would not put her in S tier.

I also think the deertaur should be S tier. Especially in the first few chapters, it's extremely difficult to 3-star some levels without them. That merits an S tier in my opinion.

Also, Subeta is extremely valuable if placed in the right spot. You could place her near the back but in range of a tile near the front for her portals, letting her constantly thin the waves. You can also do the reverse, placing her in a spot where she can still reach the back of the maze with her portals if a leak gets by. She's also an s-tier in my opinion.

Finally, I think Pipril is an A tier pred. She has a very large hunger for her mana cost and can bunch up prey for your area effect spells in later chapters with her slime. She's an A to me.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby WhatTheNani » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:28 am

So scrolling through the forums and noticing a serious lack of respect for best girl Giant Naga, so time to put on my professor hat, step up on my soap box, and start pontificating with a tier list of my own. For my tier list predators will be ranked mostly based on how generally useful they are, their opportunity cost, and if they fulfill a niche then how important is that niche and easy is it to get them doing their job. As such, a pred that can be reliably used in every situation without much investment will rank highly, where as a pred that might be extremely useful in specific scenarios but requires careful positioning/timing and a higher investment will likely be mid to lower rank. This way a player going in blind, or one without indepth knowledge of each map, could just stick to high tiers and still reliably 3 star it. It won't be a tierlist for getting the highest possible wave count in the endless maps, because frankly by the time I'm 40 waves in to those I usually get bored and start spamming out the random summon spell from the economancy spell book instead of actually trying.

Before getting into it though, an explanation, and a bit of math, about the 2 best units in the game, Nagas Vs Fairies:

Fairies I doubt anyone would contest as being at least very near the top of the tier list. With the -2 mana cost especially, they are cheap, spammable, quick eaters, and are often necessary in the early waves to quickly fill rings when in a low mana economy. I am going to contest one thing though: the chance to eat without tease perk is really good, but it's also really unreliable. My rough estimate of the trigger chance is probably around 20%, so to begin with it will only activate on every 1 in 5 tinies. On top of that, since tinies almost never come in a steady, single-file, line, even if it activates there's no guarantee it'll do anything. If the tinies are in a group then, outside of spaces with multiple contact points with sufficient spacing, then you'll still only end up eating 1 whether it procs or not, and for a spot to have sufficient spacing it needs a contact point at a front and back (not just a corner) which will likely be only about half the spots. As a result, on the fairies at least, its a perk that at best is going to come in handy about 10% of the time, but to compound matters even if you get an extra tiny out of it, in the early waves when fairies are at their most effective, outside of rare exceptions, you just need to have enough rings filled to grab every tiny anyways so whether you get use out of it doesn't matter anyways. As such while this is a perk that can come in extremely clutch its too unreliable for general use to give fairies a leg up by itself. Frankly it'd be a lot better for the unique units, which have much longer teases, the two default sylvan class uniques don't make great use of it. Melany is better used as a backliner for catching stragglers and playing around her traps, and tinatalan is just not very good in general.

Nagas, meanwhile, are super good for one thing: efficiency. By default, a fairy and a naga both have a net mana cost of 5 (inital cost - rebate) but a naga can consume 12 tinies before leaving as opposed to a fairies 8, making the naga 50% more mana efficient. With the -2 mana cost perk fairies become slightly more efficient than a default naga (a net 2.66 tinies per mana as opposed to the net 2.4 on nagas), however both the increased hunger AND the chance to gain mana on digestion (which by my estimate has around 10% chance of activating) tip the scales back in the favor of nagas, and on top of that they stack, putting the naga up to a net 3.88 tinies per mana, still a nearly 50% efficiency increase (albeit for an investment of 5 more stars). The mystic line also has the -1s spell swap cd reduction perk, which I found to be fairly strong, though I lacked the APM to actually make proper use of it in high volume waves.

For a more direct comparison: fairies are great for the first few waves, when all thats need is to fill rings as quickly and as cheaply as possible, and their lower capacity also makes them better for getting popularity up. However nagas become better in all subsequent waves, once you have the mana to fill out the map with them, as they leave you with much more mana for spell casting or bringing it unique units and don't require as frequent card usage to maintain giving more freedom to shuffle your hand. The advantage fairies have past the early waves is the possibility for faster dining with the tease skipping perk, though without that the two have the exact same consumption speed (2 seconds per tiny).

With that long ass ramble out of the way, onto the tier list:

S Tier (Reserved for preds that are simply a cut above the rest, combining high reliability and impact while also providing something exceptional):
Naga: I think choosing between naga and fairy for the best unit in the game is a little silly. They are both S tier for their mana efficiency and reliability in every situation, and are the baseline which all other units must be compared to. However if I had to choose a number 1 it'd be naga, for their higher efficiency and more enduring use cases.

Fairy: That being said, if I had to choose only a single unit and had to 3 star every map with only that unit, then I'd choose fairy, so maybe it deserves the top spot. Honestly the two are a great compliment to each other and, since mana is such a universally necessary resource, act as the foundational pieces of basically every playstyle.

Vivian: Who takes the top spot among unique units, albeit barely, for her combination of incredible mana efficiency and relative positional independence. While you want her towards the back (or at least somewhere with low traffic) to keep her around longer, her main function is equally served no matter where you place her. While her long ass tease (about 6 seconds by my count, which I believe ties it for the slowest eating speed in the game) means she kinda sucks for actually thinning the waves, even in the worst of cases her half priced spells more than makes up for that, since mana efficient units backed up by spells is the simplest and easiest way to 3 star every map. To top it off, her placement mana cost is on the lower end for unique units, and she even comes with mana battery (which is admittedly largely irrelevant). Her Feasting popularity requirement is a downside, but on the bigger maps even that won't matter much as you'll likely have reached it, or at least be close, by the time you've comfortably filled in enough of the placement slots.

Anna: Who much like with fairies vs nagas could very easily be argued to beat out vivian as the best unique unit. I placed her lower due to her MUCH stricter placement requirements. A frontline vivian is suboptimal while a frontline anna is a huge waste outside of late waves in endless maps (and even then her enrage timing can be unreliable if she's feeling particularly oblivious, assuming she doesn't just bug out and freeze when entering it). Also in a spell centric playstyle vivian's mana efficiency probably beats out Anna's. However, Anna's ability to outright generate mana, rather than just make existing mana more efficient for one usage, as well as her lower popularity cost could very easily get her the top spot depending on your preferences and playstyle.

A Tier (For preds that are strong and reliable but don't provide an x factor to make them truly exceptional):
Crisis: With 0 star investment required, available right from the beginning, a bite of two, and sporting a low popularity requirement on top of multiple good abilities, crisis easily takes the top of A tier. Her infinite range grab means you can put her anywhere and she'll still be effective, and ambidextrous means her bite of 2 won't be turned into a bite of 1 just because a single tiny happened to be walking a little bit ahead of the pack. As an added bonus if you are super lucky she might grab a tiny that slipped past all your other defenses in the early levels. Only major gripe I have against her is that way too often she just uses her grab to steal a single tiny out from some other pred's nose. Oh, and though rarely important her attack range including corners can sometimes come in handy.

Devilin: Only thing holding her back from being the top dog of A tier is how late she arrives, both in game and (of lesser importance) in maps. However massive hunger, great coverage, and what i think might be the highest eating speed of any unique already make her an excellent unit. Combine that with the fact she can ignore armor and you have the only remaining unit I considered for S tier. However, while she is a very strong unit, she doesn't really go beyond just being strong (where as the uniques of s tier are playstyle defining) and she comes in after you've basically beaten the game and isn't needed, or even THAT helpful, for 3 starring any of the levels that come before her. Really just there for endless levels, where in my limited experience I found her super good but not to the point of carrying the level.

Melany: A great backline defender who is first available in the early game, where she's a great help for 3 starring levels. That being said the only thing you need to 3 star the first few chapters is fairies, snakes, and luban's door (which I put my money where my mouth is and tested myself) and she's honestly less useful than the s tier uniques which come at effectively the same point in the game, so she's definitely not s tier. Also struggles with positional dependency, since she's pretty bad vs the consistent streams of tinies encountered at the front lines.

Anko: The best midgame power unit, IMO. A tad expensive, but her range, both on her melee and tongue attacks, bite of two, and mid to low (mid on the grab low on the bite) tease lengths make her just all around effective. Certainly improved with precise positioning, but at least doesn't require it to be useful.

Subeta: Belly warp is probably the best direct combat ability a unique (outside of devilin) has. Her high hunger, mystic class, and mana battery also make her pretty mana efficient. Unfortunately she's very position dependent, since if she's put into too high traffic an area she'll just start meleeing instead, making her a more mana efficient naga with half the eating speed (and that ain't worth). Fortunately belly warp's massive range makes positioning her in most maps pretty easy

B tier (preds that are good but not great, with equally high upsides and downsides):
Zycra: Agile tongue is super good. An effective bite of 3 with slightly increased range and a fast consumption animation will never not be good. The problem is its on a 7 star cost, 30 mana dark class (which frankly have a pretty bad star investment to payout ratio on their upgrade line as a whole), with a bite of 1 who (outside of spots where her tongue can reach long a part of the path her melee straight up can't, which isn't even in every map) will probably spend too much time just using her melee. Positionally dependent to the point where if you can get her in a spot where she basically only uses her tongue then she's high A. If she gets stuck in a spot where she ends up just non-stop meleeing then a naga (which has twice the eating speed and im willing to be greater mana efficiency even without upgrades) would just do her job better in every way and I'd have to make an F tier for her (which spoiler, I don't have). However, since with only a bit of positioning you can be confident in nearly every situation that she'll get at least pretty good use of her tongue ability she goes in B tier.

Deertaur: I don't like deeraturs. If how often it showed up in your hand when you really didn't need it and prevented you from getting the units you did need was part of the grading scale for this, then d-taurs would go down to d-tier. However its not, and I will acknowledge that they have a use in every map, and their usefulness only goes up the more intimately knowledgeable you are about each map and the wave compositions. The problem with deertaurs is that, outside of slapping armor, they fucking suck, to the point where if deertaurs didn't eat tinies and only slapped them they'd be s tier. A deertaur's mana efficiency is abysmal for a default unit (a net 1 tiny per mana by default, compared with the default fairies net 1.6 and default lamia's net 2.4) and is not even particularly worth the stars to improve as it only increases it by .2. On top of that the deertaur has half the consumption speed of the other 2 default units taking 4 seconds per tiny instead of 2. And outside of sped up tinies (or a playstyle based on clumping tinies up and hitting them with aoes, which I've theorized about but only given a couple tests) the stun on its slap is pretty meh, only in rare cases making enough time for any units behind it to finish in time to grab a tiny they otherwise wouldn't have (and if you are running the "eat without tease" sylvan perk, which despite me ragging on it is still pretty good, then clumping tinies up with deertaur slaps makes it even less likely to be useful). Now, granted, being able to 1 shot armor while also stunning the armored targets long enough for the deertaur to then be able to grab one is super good. The problem is that the deertaur doesn't actually prioritize armor, so if there is even a single tiny ahead of the armored ones (which will happen often because unarmored tinies run faster) the deertaur will just grab it instead and its half-speed eating animation means the armor will pass unmolested. As such, outside of waves you already know contain large amounts of armored units, or waves that have a caster sitting there applying a spell to every tiny that comes through (which is the scenario where deertaur shine the most), deertaur are extremely unreliable, ranging from often at best pretty good to utter trash (literally less than half the value of the naga in every respect) depending on how many times their placement allows them to smack an armored or spelled target. Still, there isn't a single map I've found that can't be reliably (and often easily) 3 starred without using a single deertaur, so unless you are going hard into trying to optimize an endless map they are a trap best avoided.

C tier (for preds who are still decent but outside of maybe a super specific niche are just totally outclassed by others):
Iridan: Who would be A tier if the range on her ability was increased by 2-3 times. In the hands of someone who is extremely familiar with the wave compositions, or on any map where she can be placed towards the back yet have her ability still hit the front (which I think I've only found one of) then she's probably a, maaaaaybe s tier. In every other situation she's a 7 star dark class unique who will spend far too much time just grabbing a single unarmored tiny that speeds ahead of the armored ones and then playing with it for far too long while all the armored ones move out of her reach. Only reason she stays out of d tier is because the main competition she has for armor breakers is deertaur.

Driders: I wish driders were better. Their function is pretty unique and I have a thing for spider girls. And theoretically they have a nice niche, its just in practice its pretty hard to make them work. They get completely outclassed by melany (who has an equal star cost) as a last line of defense and they are probably the most volatile unit in terms of impact. If you can get them in a spot where groups of 3 tinies consistently run into their webs, but infrequently enough that they can actually maintain a good number of webs up then they are amazing. Problem is if you put them in the back then they usually just catch single stragglers, and if you put them nearly anywhere else they get overwhelmed by the high volume of tiny traffic. In theory they could be put towards the front as an armor breaker, but unless you know a huge wave of nothing but armor is coming then they'll probably just have all their webs ruined by unarmored tinies, and probably at best only 1-2 at a time. What they need is a sweetspot in the middle that a lot of maps can't provide and even then without a lot of investment into the dark class (which isn't very efficient) then they themselves aren't likely to be particularly efficient even then. Only kept out of d tier because I'm pretty sure (or at least want to be) there are maps where enough of a sweetspot exists to give them that niche.

D tier (for all the remaining preds, who aren't total deadweight, but are just overall outclassed):
Linda: A theme of a lot of d-tier is that I like the design, and really wanted to like the unit, but couldn't justify putting it in a higher tier, and while this is true for linda she at least got the closest to making C. Her lower star cost, relatively low mana cost to hunger ratio, and high range with a bite of 2 make her seem good. The 1 less hit to take out armor would be a nice little cherry on top too. The problem is that her eating speed completely lets her down. If memory serves she has the average eating speed of 4 seconds, but unfortunately, unlike anko who is her most direct comparison, she ONLY EATS 1 TINY AT A TIME. This is capitalized because it is that ruinous, essentially turning her bite of 2 into a bite of 1, at which point she becomes an effectively classless (and therefore unbuffable) unique with a bite of 1, half eating speed, and only slightly better range and probably worse mana efficiency than nagas. The armor damage is also seriously undermined because if there is an unarmored tiny on top of the armored ones she'll just grab it instead, and her extra slow eating speed means she's even easier to distract with a couple unarmored tinies running ahead. However, she still does have her range going for her, and there are actually a decent few maps where there is a ring she can be placed in to take advantage of it. That keeps her out of F tier, while her low investment moves her to the top of d tier.

Tinatalan: Her animation when selecting her is hot. That's about the best I can say for her. If she danced more often there might be a niche for her on some maps to increase the mana efficiency of default units and/or keep high value unique units around longer. Unfortunately her dances are too infrequent for their actual effect to warrant the investment into her. Those stars could be better spent elsewhere. At best she's kinda alright if you get lucky and get her in a good spot with the economancy tome's random summon, but that's something best done for fun, not when you are actually trying. Really let down by just being a chunky fairy with half the eating speed when she's not dancing.

Pipril: Has my favorite eating animation in the game. Shame its also tied for the longest one in the game. A 6 star investment for a unique with 1/3 the eating speed of a naga and probably comparable mana efficiency (*edit: did the math and she has a net mana cost of 5 and can eat 14 tinies, so exactly equal efficiency to a naga with the +2 hunger and less than one with the +1 mana (and of course less than one with both)*), had better have a pretty damn good ability to compensate. She doesn't though. The slime is too easily removed and doesn't slow by enough to make up for her atrocious consumption speed in the vast majority of cases. Basically to make her worthwhile she needs to consistently slow tinies by enough that in the 6 seconds of her eating time 3+ tinies get consumed that otherwise wouldn't, and that just doesn't happen without super specific placement and wave composition. Even if she did manage to get 3 extra tinies eaten, at that point you are spending 6 stars to get 1 more tiny every 6 seconds around her, and its questionable if that's even worth. There is probably a wild class based strat focused around grouping tinies that could make her decent, but i have yet to find it.

Ivery: Only stays out of F tier because she's super low investment and could be used in an Anna rushing strat. Also she's cute. Problem is, rushing Anna like that is super unreliable and investing in it is in no way an optimal strat. Thus absolute bottom of D tier.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:03 pm

Is there a tier list for spells?
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby tgcidolfus » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:44 pm

I don't know about a tier list, but i find extra hand with any caster build to be super powerful.

Current build I've basically used the entire game, all sylvan upgrades, with crisis, vivian, and anna unlocked, you get 1/2 cost spells from vivian, mana regen from anna at the very back, and can I keep the good units on the field forever since you can increase their hunger at a cost of 2 and anything extra can be used for extra hands so the fairies can grab 2 people at a time pretty quickly and can be replaced at will with dismiss if you are worried about a poorly timed one leaving.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:29 am

Soroxas77 wrote:Is there a tier list for spells?

Not one I've seen, though I wish there was. Would be interesting to see what other people use.

However, with my own experiences and preferences I can at least throw together a shoddy little bit resembling a tier list.

Only S tier spell I've found is Luban's Door. It's a great way to use up excess mana, and you can place a shit ton at the end of the level to catch any stragglers that make it through, basically guaranteeing 3 stars. It's so strong that I find it, and it alone, to be the difference between a 2 and 3 star at the start of the game. Hell, when I went and started a new file to test some things, the instant tomes became available I grabbed the fae trap one, and, using it and no other spells, started immediately 3 starring every map where as up until that point all I had gotten was 2 stars.
Oh, and on top of being a safety net, if you are good with it its possible to snipe large groups of tinies or armored ones (which you could probably make a strat around using wild units to clump them up then take them out with luban's), though that's only something to bother with when you have tons of mana, already placed enough safety traps, and preferably have vivian out. Also it's pretty good for safeguarding Anna's reactor. The rest of the spells in the fae trap book are kinda crap though, really only should be used to prevent an escapee if you a) don't have mana for luban's or b) are confident the spell's usage will do the job in place of luban's, saving you some mana, but those circumstances are rare and frankly take more effort and concentration than just slapping down luban's.

For A tier, Extra Hand for sure. Being able to increase any unit's bite by 1 is super strong, and with high appetite units is pretty mana efficient. That being said, if it was a wave that would have been handled just fine without it, then its a waste of mana and that's not always easy to determine until you get to later waves in the endless maps (by which point you will often have already 3 starred it), and it loses a lot of value if placed on a unit that has low appetite, a backline unit that won't make full use of it before the duration expires, or a unit that is already close to full. As such its less brain dead easy to use than Luban's and lacks the immediate strength and mana dump capabilities so it doesn't quite make S tier.
The rest of the spells in Girl Enhancement I'd probably put b tier, outside of Mad Binge which almost never feels worth the mana. Make Room is great for keeping unique units out, potentially indefinitely, and speed eater is great for if the tinies end up in a big long congaline, or if its a super high density wave (and can be combod with extra hand). Girl Enhancement is a great book, though if your goal is easy 3 stars I would recommend taking fae traps and just sticking to Luban's, since its generally easier. If your APM is amazing and you want to do some endless waves, though, Girl Enhancement and Fae Traps actually make a good combination (but one I personally don't have the apm to actually use).

Economancy, the hidden book, has 2 b tier spells (Arcane Interest and Lucky Visit), 1 C tier (Life Insurance), and the remaining two are probably F tier. Waiting List could maybe save you if you get SUPER unlucky with your hand, but outside of that is beat by just proper hand management, and Send Out Fliers is in no way worth the mana. Life Insurance gets C tier cause while it makes for a nice lifeline, it disappears at the end of the wave and takes time to activate so a tight nit group of tinies will just punch right through it (meanwhile luban's does its job better in many cases, costs less, and doesn't disappear). Arcane Interest is great, assuming you don't time its usage poorly, but this book is actually pretty bad at making use of excess mana on later waves when arcane interest is the safest to use, so you need enough apm to be able to swap back and forth between multiple books to really make use of it. Then Lucky Visit is either great or shit depending on rng and whether vivian is out or not. With vivian it becomes an insanely efficient way to summon unique units, but unless you get really lucky (or do a lot of prep work and get kinda lucky) the chances of getting said uniques in the spots where they can have the most impact is low, and if you are unlucky they'll end up somewhere they are less useful than a basic unit in.

The Stormcraft spells I'm largely not going to rate cause I don't fully understand what half of them even do. The clouds are so big and flashy that it can obscure what the spell is even doing. All I can say for sure is the mana costs are high, the ones I could figure out the effects of don't seem worth the mana, and the ones I couldn't never seemed to do enough to be worth using over luban's anyways. Won't actually tier them, but my gut says c or d.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Werepenguin » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:29 pm

So, I'm loving this game and I really think overall you've made something really cool here. I do have one tiny problem. That is, for some reason, on the stages with the void stars, I have one stage that will not count as cleared no matter how many times I do it. 1-2 can be beaten, I've cleared it multiple times, but it still shows no stars. I even three starred it the last time, and nothing. Is there a fix or workaround?
Werepenguin
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Werepenguin wrote:So, I'm loving this game and I really think overall you've made something really cool here. I do have one tiny problem. That is, for some reason, on the stages with the void stars, I have one stage that will not count as cleared no matter how many times I do it. 1-2 can be beaten, I've cleared it multiple times, but it still shows no stars. I even three starred it the last time, and nothing. Is there a fix or workaround?

Manually count your void stars. You should still have credit for them even if they don't appear.

If we're making a tier list for spells, count me out, but I will take this time to talk about the 35-mana storm spell whose name I forget.

It's in a special tier. There are spots where it excels. No bullcrap, in void stage 1-5, I devoured over 5,000 prey and got to wave 90, largely because of the storms. They are also absolutely more valuable when used against many prey spread out as opposed to a single group of six.

At a cost of 35 mana, it's only for dire emergencies, but with Vivian and Anna on the board, you can cast it almost repeatedly. Aim for the spots where the path winds and a lot of tiles are underneath. Also, I have no formal studies on this, but I feel like it zaps in the center more often than the edges. It might be my imagination, though.

I don't bother with many other spells, if ever. The hungry storm clouds are where it's at! Happy feasting! :gulp:
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:53 pm

Bumping because this game has lovely artwork of beautiful ladies, challenges that can be tough but never unfair, and a relaxing vibe. When you completely fill a maze, you can take a moment to sit back, breathe, and watch the lovely ladies go to town on those helpless preys. :gulp:

This game is unique. Many vore games don't let you actually see vore unless you lose. Some have vore from time to time, but FVD has prey gulped down by the dozens at some points. This game is underrated. Plus, it's simple to grasp the basics, so you won't have to struggle with failure just to learn mechanics.

Happy vore-ing!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Thread bump as I added the link of our discord server.
DevS098
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game