Felarya Voracious Defense - 1.0 Public Release

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - Update 0.21 - 23/06/21

Postby Soroxas77 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:34 pm

CVYouTube wrote:There is an 'EX' level that allows you to unlock Vivian. I don't know what causes it to appear, but I had 3-starred every single level before I got there, all of them except level two on my first try, so I never got to see if I can have it unlocked with fewer than the maximum stars. If anyone gets there without doing that, report how many stars you have so we can figure it out. :D

I only 3-starred level one. It seems like the minimum is two stars since I had 1-starred a level due to the board clearing early. I beat it again with 2 stars and EX unlocked...how did you 3-star level 5 anyway? Those shields were murder.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Soroxas77 wrote:
CVYouTube wrote:There is an 'EX' level that allows you to unlock Vivian. I don't know what causes it to appear, but I had 3-starred every single level before I got there, all of them except level two on my first try, so I never got to see if I can have it unlocked with fewer than the maximum stars. If anyone gets there without doing that, report how many stars you have so we can figure it out. :D

I only 3-starred level one. It seems like the minimum is two stars since I had 1-starred a level due to the board clearing early. I beat it again with 2 stars and EX unlocked...how did you 3-star level 5 anyway? Those shields were murder.

In the first stages, have your last predator be far back in the maze. This gives you more critical mana points early.

If you get to play Melany, put her in the last spot in most levels. You want her to be the last pred that prey can encounter, so she can stack her traps.

Deerataur shatter shields very easily. Put them at the front.

Don't rely on spells except in emergencies. They're far less mana-efficient than new preds.

Use the time near the ends of waves to evaluate what preds will need replacing, and keep shuffling for naga! They are, overall, your most valuable pred.

Use Crisis at every opportunity. Put her close to the front. She can still catch leaks from where she is.

Never give up! I struggled at first on the initial demo release, but now I can whizz through them!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 pm

CVYouTube wrote:
Soroxas77 wrote:

It's more the magic shields I have trouble with bypassing.

In the first stages, have your last predator be far back in the maze. This gives you more critical mana points early.

If you get to play Melany, put her in the last spot in most levels. You want her to be the last pred that prey can encounter, so she can stack her traps.

Deerataur shatter shields very easily. Put them at the front.

Don't rely on spells except in emergencies. They're far less mana-efficient than new preds.

Use the time near the ends of waves to evaluate what preds will need replacing, and keep shuffling for naga! They are, overall, your most valuable pred.

Use Crisis at every opportunity. Put her close to the front. She can still catch leaks from where she is.

Never give up! I struggled at first on the initial demo release, but now I can whizz through them!

It's more I am struggling with the magic shields. Also, I thought Crisis was useful from just about anywhere.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Crisis is useful from anywhere, but if she's on the front lines, she will fill up and reappear in your hand more quickly. In the early rounds, make sure to put preds on spots that can hit three different spaces.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:40 pm

CVYouTube wrote:Crisis is useful from anywhere, but if she's on the front lines, she will fill up and reappear in your hand more quickly. In the early rounds, make sure to put preds on spots that can hit three different spaces.

Oh because the mage's shields take 3 hits to destroy right?
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 pm

They take two hits, and even if the pred is too slow to get the third and final strike in, they have destroyed the shield for the benefit of the next pred.
Last edited by CartoonVore on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby MrMetroid » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:56 am

tigercloud wrote:-> You can currently click on each pred by inspecting them, but its still hard to keep an overview of that

It’s a start, at least. Maybe an actual pause feature could be implemented, or maybe a flashing alert above their heads or something, but at least you’re able to actually see it now.

tigercloud wrote:-> Sometimes you get 5 fairies pretty often (2-4 times) - May add programmatically if 5 same cards come out that its reshuffled without time delay?

Assuming that’s possible to do, IDK how that’d fix the simple factor of bad luck that’s always possible with rng-based stuff - there’s always gonna be the risk of just getting too many of the same card. So I’d argue this is kinda handled by the “reshuffle/new hand” button letting you just discard your current draws to get new ones since there already wouldn’t ever be any guarantees you won’t get screwed over by randomness anyway.

tigercloud wrote:Just want to highlight my ideas from last time too:

I feel like those ideas kinda have their own issues though, beyond the complexity of implementation itself - which is “far more complex and time-consuming to micromanage” and “far more risk of bugs or breakages to have that many mechanics all working at once”; the appeal of a tower-defense game is that it’s supposed to be simple but entertaining, and what you’re suggesting feels (to me at least) more like complexity for complexity’s sake than anything that’d actually add to user-friendliness.

Case in point;
tigercloud wrote:- “Hunger-System Digestion over time:
A full Pred leaves, but how about making it a bit more interesting. Sometimes Preds which are on the end of the Level don't get much food, while the first Preds are fast enough.

IMHO, that doesn't feel like something that’d fix the problem of monitoring stomach capacity - if anything I’d actually say it kinda worsens it ‘cause you could no longer even count on knowing just how much bank you get for your buck when placing a certain unit-type, much less illustrate how this helps with the issue of monitoring pred capacity. ^^;

I also dunno if I see “digestion” thing working, since that’s basically what the preds leaving is supposed to be in the first place - that is them leaving to digest and then presumably coming back later; what you’re suggesting here sounds like it’d require an outright mechanics-rework to even implement and wouldn’t even be anything that better signposts how to keep track of, or at least that’s how I feel personally.
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 am

MrMetroid wrote:
tigercloud wrote:-> You can currently click on each pred by inspecting them, but its still hard to keep an overview of that

It’s a start, at least. Maybe an actual pause feature could be implemented, or maybe a flashing alert above their heads or something, but at least you’re able to actually see it now.

tigercloud wrote:-> Sometimes you get 5 fairies pretty often (2-4 times) - May add programmatically if 5 same cards come out that its reshuffled without time delay?

Assuming that’s possible to do, IDK how that’d fix the simple factor of bad luck that’s always possible with rng-based stuff - there’s always gonna be the risk of just getting too many of the same card. So I’d argue this is kinda handled by the “reshuffle/new hand” button letting you just discard your current draws to get new ones since there already wouldn’t ever be any guarantees you won’t get screwed over by randomness anyway.

tigercloud wrote:Just want to highlight my ideas from last time too:

I feel like those ideas kinda have their own issues though, beyond the complexity of implementation itself - which is “far more complex and time-consuming to micromanage” and “far more risk of bugs or breakages to have that many mechanics all working at once”; the appeal of a tower-defense game is that it’s supposed to be simple but entertaining, and what you’re suggesting feels (to me at least) more like complexity for complexity’s sake than anything that’d actually add to user-friendliness.

Case in point;
tigercloud wrote:- “Hunger-System Digestion over time:
A full Pred leaves, but how about making it a bit more interesting. Sometimes Preds which are on the end of the Level don't get much food, while the first Preds are fast enough.

IMHO, that doesn't feel like something that’d fix the problem of monitoring stomach capacity - if anything I’d actually say it kinda worsens it ‘cause you could no longer even count on knowing just how much bank you get for your buck when placing a certain unit-type, much less illustrate how this helps with the issue of monitoring pred capacity. ^^;

I also dunno if I see “digestion” thing working, since that’s basically what the preds leaving is supposed to be in the first place - that is them leaving to digest and then presumably coming back later; what you’re suggesting here sounds like it’d require an outright mechanics-rework to even implement and wouldn’t even be anything that better signposts how to keep track of, or at least that’s how I feel personally.

There is an alert. It's the stomach groaning.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:59 am

Soroxas77 wrote:(...)
There is an alert. It's the stomach groaning.

tigercloud wrote:
Soroxas77 wrote:Their stomachs also growl when it's about time for them to leave.

Hm yes, but still doesnt help to let you plan stuff, since its almost to late when it does that and you sometimes dont see it because youre busy by placing stuff, looking on new cards etc

Yes it helps a little but some tiny bar or something would be better i think
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby lapraslunch » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:26 am

Just wanted to say, you've really made something amazing here with this game~ Hope to see your continued success with it~ :D
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thethirdd » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:18 pm

Loving the game so far in its current state and I have been replaying some of the levels to experiment with the mechanics.
Aside from the obvious glitches and crashes my main point of criticism are the Deerataurs.

I personally find them to be the most useful yet ironically the most anticlimactic predator in the game.
First impressions tell me that the stun ability on groups is supposed to allow the Deerataur to attack a second time, however the stun duration is too short and the group runs past safely. This problem is amplified in the later waves when the amount of groups/shields become insane that I almost fill the entire field with exclusively Deerataurs.

My first suggestion to this problem if it is one is to increase the duration of the stun a tiny bit.

Example: Deerataur is placed at a fairy ring where the west, south, and east attacking zones cover the track.
The group runs to the east zone and the Deerataur attacks, stunning the group and eats one prey.
group recovers from stun, runs past the south zone and towards the west zone.
Deerataur finishes the eating animation and attacks the group again in the west zone eats a second prey.
Group recovers (if more than two) and continues running.
(This example assumes the track remains adjacent to the fairy ring all the way around on three or all four sides and doesn't extend further before looping back)

Hopefully this makes the Deerataur a more efficient "crowd clearer" without being too overpowered, additionally if she has the option to attack a lone prey ahead of a group and the group itself the Deerataur prioritizes the group/shield.

The second possible solution is to increase the Nagas' bite to 2 and Crisis's bite to 3. This provides players with the option to use Nagas as a secondary "crowd clearer" alongside the Deerataurs.
(Plus in the preview video you had before the demo's initial release the Nagas bite was 2 so I assume that was the intent but was either never implemented or changed for balancing reasons).
I do worry that increasing Crisis's bite to 3 might make her overpowered so if the change doesn't happen I understand.

This next criticism I will admit is nit-pikey but I was expecting Vivian to have her Hotel Vivian trick as one of her abilities (where she has her prey walk into her mouth) and was disappointed to find that it's not there. If it can be implemented I have an idea of how it can/would work.

Vivian periodically lowers her head at one of the attacking zones with her mouth open. She remains in this position for 3 seconds.
Prey running past will change direction to walk in her mouth up to 5-7 prey max.
Ability ends when 3 sec. expire or max amount of prey is reached.

Hope this feedback proves useful for the game in the future!
Thethirdd
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:15 pm

The stuns from a deerataur are just long enough for her to break a shield and grab another tiny before they move on. While I agree they are not as useful if you gauge how quickly they eat tinies and return some of their mana cost, they help other preds to eat more efficiently. They're kind of an auxiliary unit.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby lapraslunch » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:07 pm

I generally use the deertaurs as a sort of "De-shelling" unit more than anything else. I place them at the beginning of maps so that they remove the shields from targets, allowing more powerful predators, like the nagas, to get at them. Seems to work pretty well if you ask me~
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby tritrium » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:30 pm

This is a really fun game in a setting that really suits a game like this.
All these different characters have abilities & skills that (can) work great for a tower defense game :-)
Would definately love to see iridia (i think thats her name, the one able to manipulate metals) in the game, maybe as a stronger anti-shield character!
tritrium
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:27 am

Hey there!
First off, I want to apologize for the lack of news in this platform: Quite some time has passed since the last public announcement on this site and we had to take a small break due to some real life facts. In addition to that, I have been busy other than with real life to also work to code for this title and the other title on this site too that I'm slowly still working on.

So to give you some news, the next update is close to completition. Without any definitive date yet, as I never like to set those, we only miss one task and some refinement to be able to finally update.
Have a little look of what our next area, the Bulvon Wood will look like:
FvDTease1.png

An entire new chapter there awaits you, levels which would require a little more attention as the path starts to look more and more intricated. Two new girls and many surprises on the tiny side have been added too. And during these days, I made sure every level is balanced to be possible to be completed without too much troubles.
This time however, managing to perfect some of them will be an harder task. The reason? That's something you'll have to find out in game. :wink:
Don't worry anyway, we have something else planned in the future which would eventually ease that task too.

And finally, as I was saying, we do miss one last thing to be implemented. Of that I wouldn't say much but I'll leave a little WIP preview here, to keep you interested :wink:
FvDTease2.png

And that's all! I hope you'll have a little more patience to enjoy our hard work with this new chapter. If you feel like it, a little reminder that you can help our game to grow even further by donating to our Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/ESPSOFT/creators

Have a good day and..
Stay tuned! :-D
DevS098
Participator

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - Update 0.3 - 03/09/21

Postby DevS098 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:19 am

New version released 0.3! Link in the main post!
DevS098
Participator

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - Free Update 0.3 - 03/09/21

Postby Khyara0 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Really cool game keep doing to develop it the concept of mixing vore and tower defense is very cool!
Khyara0
New to the forum

Postby e2s86 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Nice :gulp:
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby PrinnyDood » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:35 am

Should have said this some time ago, but fantastic work on this project! Making something like a game with a small team can be quite an undertaking, but you're doing a stellar job so far!

And biased though I might be, I'm unreasonably thrilled to see Pipril included in the fun. x3
PrinnyDood
Been posting for a bit

Postby lava799 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:06 am

Stumbled across this by accident. Really fun so far. Look forward to playing more.
lava799
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game