Felarya Voracious Defense - 1.0 Public Release

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - First Demo Release - 25/05/2

Postby Creaturedude » Tue May 25, 2021 9:38 am

Okay, so before I write this I want to prefice that I am NOT a big fan of macro/micro, I generally find it boring in comparison to mini-giantess and samesize.

I absolutely LOVE this game so far. The characters are hot, the game is fun, the artwork is superb. Everything so far in this game is deserving of a chef's kiss.
Like seriously, this game has no right being this good and having this much eye candy. I can't wait for the next update.

My only gripe is that there doesn't seem to be a zoom feature (that I have found, although I am notorious for glossing over small details so feel free to slap me for being dumb if I missed it).
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 pm

Well thats a creative idea to make good use of vore in a game! Nice =)
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Tue May 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Time to post my review as I play it! :gulp:

I love the title screen and the use of Felarya's map to show you where your first picnic would be. I also love the clean text, free of typos (seriously, so many games have those). Personally, I'd format the level names to have their numbers *before* the name, but that's a personal opinion.

EDIT: One small typo! :( You list most valuable preds at the end of the level, which is the plural form, but you only show one pred. Personally, I would love to be able to view the stomach count of each pred you could play as well as how many times you played them and they completely filled up!

On my first try, I barely failed, largely because I wasted magic testing out my spells. I also wasted time trying to figure out the differences between the preds. It was not immediately obvious to me that the naga could eat more than the fairy (I believe 12 for the naga vs 8 for the fairy) before saying her farewells. Having Melany's traps was a nice touch, but I can't tell for sure if she prioritizes the trapped prey only if there are no incoming prey left. I'd hate for her to waste time staring down recently-trapped prey while others get to outrun their delicious fate.

I found one bug but am unable to determine what happens to cause it. Sometimes, prey will appear above all other sprites. They will be above preds and foliage alike. Through more testing, I'm sure we can find out what happens to cause it. Upon another playthrough, a trap that Melany placed just north of her was on top of her head, and a tree above the furthest left spawn point on level one was above the naga's head. I'm recording all of my gameplay if you desire any footage to investigate.

There's a tree near the top of the first level that blocks me from seeing that Melany has put down some traps. I'd like for that tree to be moved/deleted so I can clearly see the trail.

Currently going for a perfect clear on the first level! Wish me luck!

Not being able to restart a level is bugging me when I'm going for perfection. I dislike having to restart the game just to get out of the 4th or 5th wave if I make a brain fart to restart the level.

EDIT: At long last, I FINALLY got a perfect first level! It took 10 tries, but I love the bonus that I got for it! No spoilers here, though. 8) Oh my goodness gracious I cannot wait for more levels to come out!

Would you be okay if I uploaded gameplay to my PH channel? I would include a link to this thread and give you credit. I would only do so with your permission, of course. :D
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 pm

CVYouTube wrote:Time to post my review as I play it! :gulp:

I love the title screen and the use of Felarya's map to show you where your first picnic would be. I also love the clean text, free of typos (seriously, so many games have those). Personally, I'd format the level names to have their numbers *before* the name, but that's a personal opinion.

On my first try, I barely failed, largely because I wasted magic testing out my spells. I also wasted time trying to figure out the differences between the preds. It was not immediately obvious to me that the naga could eat more than the fairy (I believe 12 for the naga vs 8 for the fairy) before saying her farewells. Having Melany's traps was a nice touch, but I can't tell for sure if she prioritizes the trapped prey only if there are no incoming prey left. I'd hate for her to waste time staring down recently-trapped prey while others get to outrun their delicious fate.

I found one bug but am unable to determine what happens to cause it. Sometimes, prey will appear above all other sprites. They will be above preds and foliage alike. Through more testing, I'm sure we can find out what happens to cause it. Upon another playthrough, a trap that Melany placed just north of her was on top of her head, and a tree above the furthest left spawn point on level one was above the naga's head. I'm recording all of my gameplay if you desire any footage to investigate.

There's a tree near the top of the first level that blocks me from seeing that Melany has put down some traps. I'd like for that tree to be moved/deleted so I can clearly see the trail.

Not being able to restart a level is bugging me when I'm going for perfection. I dislike having to restart the game just to get out of the 4th or 5th wave if I make a brain fart to restart the level.

EDIT: At long last, I FINALLY got a perfect first level! It took 10 tries, but I love the bonus that I got for it! No spoilers here, though. 8) Oh my goodness gracious I cannot wait for more levels to come out!

Would you be okay if I uploaded gameplay to my PH channel? I would include a link to this thread and give you credit. I would only do so with your permission, of course. :D

Thanks for your feedback and.. yes, you can upload the video to your Phub as long as you don't reveal what's the "bonus" you got in it. Also we're aware of that bug and we'll try to fix it. But thanks for the report, still. :-D
DevS098
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 25, 2021 4:42 pm

Here we go!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Soroxas77 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:44 pm

CVYouTube wrote:Time to post my review as I play it! :gulp:

EDIT: One small typo! :( You list most valuable preds at the end of the level, which is the plural form, but you only show one pred. Personally, I would love to be able to view the stomach count of each pred you could play as well as how many times you played them and they completely filled up!

From what I can tell, there is only one level. By which, I mean that the lack of an ability to restart isn't so bad. Although I guess it wasn't as big a deal since I was just trying to clear it. What exactly do the spells do?
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Tue May 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Hm I played again multiple times tried to reach 100% in the first level, so I can say a bit more to that now too^^ I also wrote a suggestion to the cons i experienced, these are just ideas, feel free to use them or may you have other ideas

I hope its fine, I'm bad to get my thoughts sorted in such topics haha, pretty neat game!

Pros:
- The Game has fun unique Preds, which are like in every Tower defense game (Not the Preds but Tower types^^). I mean some remove their armor, some give more mana etc, which is fun!
- The Animation is well done, its fun to see the Preds gulp the Tinies, also the Animation when "Buying" the Pred
- The Music sounds awesome, calming, the good part it does not get old after a long playtime
- Simple Game-Concept
- Good use of Vore, as stated before (Not the typical Vore-Game)
- Cool idea that Full-Preds leave
- Cool idea to choose the Preds from RNG-Cards, even it sometimes <3 me up haha

Cons/Problems:
- Its hard to keep track how "Full" each Pred (Tower) is, especially in mid and late Game, so sometimes you end up losing surprisingly many Preds, while not have saved enough Mana or Cards
-> (Suggested solution) Having either a boring Belly-Bar (Fullness meter xD) over or under the Pred, showing how full they are, or use a Stomach with Tinies inside (Empty -> Full belly)
- The Cards rely super much on RNG, which is a cool idea to have Preds as "Cards", but sometimes its way to random and you leave without a good Pred for multiple rerolls
-> (Suggested solution) Let you pic 1 Cart out and keep it (until you use it), which would let you have a bit control over it
- Some Skills seem only work in a specific direction
-> (Suggested idea) Show the area of effect (On the Wind one semi-transparent red arrows or something like that)
- You cant quit a Session if you want restart immediately or go back to Map^^

Ideas
- Hunger-System Digestion over time:
A full Pred leaves, but how about making it a bit more interesting, like sometimes Preds which are on the end of the Stage don't get much food, when the first Preds are fast enough. My idea would be to lower the fullness over time too, because they are digesting the Preys without getting new Food. (Digestion speed could also vary between the Pred-Types)
I like the Idea that an satisfied Pred leaves but in combination with a small stomach (as Fullness-Meter) it could may be fun to see the Tinies getting gurgled

Hope thats helpfull/interesting =)
---
tigercloud
Participator

Postby calin22 » Tue May 25, 2021 5:28 pm

tigercloud wrote:Hm I played again multiple times tried to reach 100% in the first level, so I can say a bit more to that now too^^ I also wrote a suggestion to the cons i experienced, these are just ideas, feel free to use them or may you have other ideas

I hope its fine, I'm bad to get my thoughts sorted in such topics haha, pretty neat game!

Pros:
- The Game has fun unique Preds, which are like in every Tower defense game (Not the Preds but Tower types^^). I mean some remove their armor, some give more mana etc, which is fun!
- The Animation is well done, its fun to see the Preds gulp the Tinies, also the Animation when "Buying" the Pred
- The Music sounds awesome, calming, the good part it does not get old after a long playtime
- Simple Game-Concept
- Good use of Vore, as stated before (Not the typical Vore-Game)
- Cool idea that Full-Preds leave
- Cool idea to choose the Preds from RNG-Cards, even it sometimes <3 me up haha

Cons/Problems:
- Its hard to keep track how "Full" each Pred (Tower) is, especially in mid and late Game, so sometimes you end up losing surprisingly many Preds, while not have saved enough Mana or Cards
-> (Suggested solution) Having either a boring Belly-Bar (Fullness meter xD) over or under the Pred, showing how full they are, or use a Stomach with Tinies inside (Empty -> Full belly)
- The Cards rely super much on RNG, which is a cool idea to have Preds as "Cards", but sometimes its way to random and you leave without a good Pred for multiple rerolls
-> (Suggested solution) Let you pic 1 Cart out and keep it (until you use it), which would let you have a bit control over it
- Some Skills seem only work in a specific direction
-> (Suggested idea) Show the area of effect (On the Wind one semi-transparent red arrows or something like that)
- You cant quit a Session if you want restart immediately or go back to Map^^

Ideas
- Hunger-System Digestion over time:
A full Pred leaves, but how about making it a bit more interesting, like sometimes Preds which are on the end of the Stage don't get much food, when the first Preds are fast enough. My idea would be to lower the fullness over time too, because they are digesting the Preys without getting new Food. (Digestion speed could also vary between the Pred-Types)
I like the Idea that an satisfied Pred leaves but in combination with a small stomach (as Fullness-Meter) it could may be fun to see the Tinies getting gurgled

Hope thats helpfull/interesting =)

I agree with all the points. Only thing I'd add as a slight con is that sometimes the Giantess will reach down for a tiny that's at the very edge of a hit-box, which results in her just standing back up and letting them go. This can be tested if you use the standard GTS on the last block (first round).
It usually isn't a problem, but can result in some frustrating leaks once in a while.

Suggestion of my own: Think it would be great if there was a way to reliably upgrade the economy. Maybe we can upgrade the mana to come in 1/4 faster, 1/2 faster, then 100% faster?
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Tue May 25, 2021 8:17 pm

More feedback after thinking about the game:

I didn't notice the music very much, which is PERFECT for a strategy game. It is soothing and melodic. Where in the world did you get it?

I also noticed after I got a 100% clear that I was hardly paying attention to the vore itself; I was too focused on the game! Perhaps, as a treat to the player (pun intended), you can include a looping vore animation with the MVP while the numbers are being tallied. :gulp:

The sprites are beautiful, but the preds near the end of the gauntlet maybe don't enjoy staring at the same spot for minutes on end. Maybe they could randomly shift direction or have secondary animations play from time to time like stretching, rubbing their belly, or yawning.

I also think it would be neat if they automatically faced the direction some prey are taking. It could be, if a prey crosses a line, check to see if there is a pred at the next position. If not, terminate the process. Else, scan the zone from the prey to the last spot the pred can catch a prey. If it is empty, make the pred turn the designated direction. Else, terminate the process.

Will there be custom difficulties? I'd love for a ball-busting challenge challenge to close out the game, as extreme difficulties that are still within human possibility are a high interest of mine. Of course, getting a perfect score in level one alone took 10 tries after I had beaten it and required some critical tweaks in my strategy.

Personally, I don't like the idea of stomach meters above the pred's heads. Felarya, past the magic within the world, is quite primitive by comparison with our society. Too many helpful features, I think, would make it feel too much like a video game and less like an epic struggle to defend the wilderness from the pests that wander the gauntlet each wave. I do, however, like the idea of preds slowly digesting their prey before they leave. Perhaps, when enough time has elapsed, they belch, indicating they have room for another prey or two. What would truly drive me crazy in a good way, however, is a display of all of the preds happily snoozing off their meals as their hands gently caress their bellies, in a similar manner to Karbo's picture of the fairies having a feast on the hapless prey constantly streaming through that portal.

Naturally, I'm sure you have your hands full, and these are just suggestions to beautify your creation. In my opinion, gameplay comes first, followed by aesthetics. I'm sure you have much more planned for levels ahead! In particular, I'm hopeful to see a mermaid like Anko zip her tongue across a distance at some prey from a lake. I can't wait to test some more gameplay!

I will share this whenever the opportunity presents itself! Are you posting about this on DeviantArt? If not, I'd be happy to share this thread there! Thank you for producing such an incredible game!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Circle0Trick » Tue May 25, 2021 11:18 pm

Splendid quality with an excellent foundation.
Thank you for your work.

The game is surprisingly well-balanced. It's relatively easy to clear the stage, but actually getting a perfect is particularly hard. I like that. It makes me want to keep repeating it to get better.
Spoiler: show
current best: 282/282
prefect.PNG
At long last...

A UI element might be appropriate, to see how full the preds are, but on the other hand, I feel like in under an hour or two, I have a usable mental timer for when I feel like "she's probably going to leave soon, I need another Deertaur." I make no recommendation in either direction. Speaking of UI, everytihng looks and sounds beautiful.

The relaxing music is relaxing ♥ Serenity is so fitting here.

Thank you again for the work.
Last edited by Circle0Trick on Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:43 pm

I was honestly hoping for a way to get eaten in the game. maybe later?
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby OsmiumOrchid » Wed May 26, 2021 12:21 am

This was a really interesting demo! Definitely a unique take on a vore game, the tower defense angle surprisingly works pretty well. And even just from a gameplay standpoint, 'limited use' towers and the card deck system for what towers are available to use are really interesting concepts that I don't think I've seen in a tower defense game before!

After playing the demo, I think my only significant critique of the game is that there's a serious lack of information given to the player. The only way to figure out what anything does, that I can tell, is to just try it and find out, which I found very frustrating. I thought the second spell was some kind of healing effect to make a tower stick around longer at first since its icon is a green plus, and I'm honestly still not entirely sure what the benefit of the naga towers is over the fairies. Do they just stick around longer? And on that note, the most crucial thing that needs to be communicated to the player is how full the preds are. As far as I can tell there's no indicator of when they're going to leave, or even how many total prey they can eat, so sometimes half of your towers will just vanish without warning in the middle of a wave, which was very frustrating. A bit less important, but it was also odd to have no idea how many waves of enemies there were going to be going into the level ^^;

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I found a bug! If you place down a tower, then click to confirm you want to buy it while your mouse is over another open tower space, you can get two towers out of a single card(assuming you can afford both). This isn't a huge issue for most situations, but I was able to get two Melanys at once by doing this, which it seems like you aren't supposed to be able to do with the 'unique' preds.

Great work, I'm very interested to see how the game develops!
OsmiumOrchid
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 am

Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback and eventual bug reports. It makes me happy to see you guys are enjoying this very good game so far :-D

OsmiumOrchid wrote:This was a really interesting demo! Definitely a unique take on a vore game, the tower defense angle surprisingly works pretty well. And even just from a gameplay standpoint, 'limited use' towers and the card deck system for what towers are available to use are really interesting concepts that I don't think I've seen in a tower defense game before!

After playing the demo, I think my only significant critique of the game is that there's a serious lack of information given to the player. The only way to figure out what anything does, that I can tell, is to just try it and find out, which I found very frustrating. I thought the second spell was some kind of healing effect to make a tower stick around longer at first since its icon is a green plus, and I'm honestly still not entirely sure what the benefit of the naga towers is over the fairies. Do they just stick around longer? And on that note, the most crucial thing that needs to be communicated to the player is how full the preds are. As far as I can tell there's no indicator of when they're going to leave, or even how many total prey they can eat, so sometimes half of your towers will just vanish without warning in the middle of a wave, which was very frustrating. A bit less important, but it was also odd to have no idea how many waves of enemies there were going to be going into the level ^^;

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I found a bug! If you place down a tower, then click to confirm you want to buy it while your mouse is over another open tower space, you can get two towers out of a single card(assuming you can afford both). This isn't a huge issue for most situations, but I was able to get two Melanys at once by doing this, which it seems like you aren't supposed to be able to do with the 'unique' preds.

Great work, I'm very interested to see how the game develops!

That is indeed true. Despite we're aware the game lacks of an effective tutorial, we did want to push out a playable demo first as making an in game tutorial is not an easy process and it's even harder then to do this current level. We'll make sure to add one in the next release as well as to check and fix the bugs reported. For now, have this little guiding image

FVD Small guide.png
DevS098
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Wed May 26, 2021 6:42 am

Fun game. Right clicking to unselect a tower didn't seem very intuitive to me. I died the first time because I thought the UI was stuck after I thought I'd try to upgrade a tower. A tutorial probably isn't really needed. Tooltips would be very nice though. I still don't know exactly what those spells do. Or what the difference between some of the characters are. The pred stats aren't very descriptive. Info like how many tinies they can eat would be nice. Eventually I'm hoping there might be attack spd differences, area of affect, ability to attack flying, etc. Cool that popularity affect pred variety, didn't know that. graphics are great, just a few instances of scenery being on top instead of the background. sound is great, though more variety in swallowing would be fun. Gameplay could use a little work imo. No idea how many waves/tinies are coming. preds disappearing made me leak numerous times. If that "feature" is important then maybe show there belly getting fuller as a gauge of sorts? Or maybe when a pred disappears they will cause some special affect. One could give back a huge amount of mana. Another could take all tinies within reach as a "going away snack", maybe another could cast a spell to stun/daze all enemies for a second.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby chris9774 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:14 am

I agree with the want/need of tooltips, and the only other thing that I didn't like was the inability to pause and look things over, being able to pause and look at the map as a whole and place something down to prevent a leak would be super super nice to have because as it sits without the real identification on how long a pred has before she up and leaves, being able to plug it quickly and make a decent choice is desirable, however that may just be me being picky, going for perfects and getting off by one or two trying to see the reward that was mentioned has been grating on me because i keep getting close only to be shot down by a single person squeezing through in the end when multiple people leave at once, other than that great concept, love karbos work and love to see all this put together
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby essedess » Wed May 26, 2021 12:03 pm

So this is like Defense Grid, with vore?
essedess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tigercloud » Wed May 26, 2021 12:45 pm

DevS098 wrote:Thanks a lot for all the positive feedback and eventual bug reports. It makes me happy to see you guys are enjoying this very good game so far :-D

(...)

That is indeed true. Despite we're aware the game lacks of an effective tutorial, we did want to push out a playable demo first as making an in game tutorial is not an easy process and it's even harder then to do this current level. We'll make sure to add one in the next release as well as to check and fix the bugs reported. For now, have this little guiding image

FVD Small guide.png

I think that Picture would be enough if you put it in the game were its shown the very first time ever you play the game, later make it accessible via the pause menu which could just show this image under "help"^^ I mean technically there isnt much more to explain, except for the Preds, which could may get their own bestiary, depending on which you have seen. But idk how hard that is, butting in the help picture should be rather simple^^
---
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Hansony » Wed May 26, 2021 4:27 pm

So a minor but quite "quality of life" impacting issue with your design:

The way the hunger system works right now together with the quite limited spots for preds and the inability to remove them by choice, means that quite often a preds leaves just as they are most needed and because they first need to swallow the previous tiny, go through an idle animation and then do their goodbye animation before you can put a new pred on the spot, that usually means 1-3 groups can get past before you can put a new one on the spot, so unless you are ready with spells or have prepared the rest of the route for this then it can often lead to 2-5 tinies getting through.

My suggestions for fixing this would be to either:
-Change the hunger system so they stay until the end of the round where all over-satiated preds then give a bonus to mana of some kind, or a penalty, depending on what is more balanced.
-give the girls a "full" meter, either accessible by clicking them or at the end of the round.
-Making the goodbye animation less of a locked state by either have it play while the character still actively removes enemies without that animation playing, making it possible to place a new pred on the spot right away but "invisible" until the goodbye animation is done or some other way.

There could be other options like being able to replace the girls on the spot or being able to lower their full-ness, but i don't know if that would work with your design...
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CartoonVore » Wed May 26, 2021 9:40 pm

If you want to better enjoy the vore, turn up the SE Volume in game. ;)

Also from the options menu, what do 'Always Dash' and 'Command Remember' enable?
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby tigercloud » Thu May 27, 2021 4:33 am

CVYouTube wrote:Also from the options menu, what do 'Always Dash' and 'Command Remember' enable?

Since its the RPG-Maker engine, its probably the speed which a character usually works around (Always dash is when you not need to hit the shift key to run). Since this game isnt an RPG that option is irrelevant, since your Character doesn't exists/move
---
tigercloud
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game