Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Gherking » Sun May 30, 2021 7:46 am

Alrighty, new update finally! This one adds dialogue to prey you've released and to those you've reformed (whether or not they're still inside of you). The next one will focus on the player-as-prey side of the same idea; adding dialogue to preds who have either regurgitated or reformed you.

There will probably be lots of updates with lots of new dialogue (and other surprises) in the next couple of months; I've connected with a few new friends - who despite preferring to remain anonymous - are both contributing enormously to the project in the background. Here's to teamwork!
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CacameAwemedinade » Sun May 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Gherking wrote:Alrighty, new update finally! This one adds dialogue to prey you've released and to those you've reformed (whether or not they're still inside of you). The next one will focus on the player-as-prey side of the same idea; adding dialogue to preds who have either regurgitated or reformed you.

There will probably be lots of updates with lots of new dialogue (and other surprises) in the next couple of months; I've connected with a few new friends - who despite preferring to remain anonymous - are both contributing enormously to the project in the background. Here's to teamwork!

Very excited to hear that! Great work and good luck! :-D
CacameAwemedinade
Somewhat familiar

Postby nopeman777 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Hey wanted to stop by again and say thanks for all the work you and markfd have done! I never thought the devourment mod and addons would get as far as this. Looking forward to seeing more from you
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:02 pm

Just updated Dialogue again, this time with the much awaited feature of being to ask anyone to be your pred - regardless of their relationship with you! I also added a fairly beefy dialogue tree for talking to a pred who has released you/you've escaped from, with different dialogue depending whether it was endo or vore.

All told there are about 500 new lines in this new update, and it lays the groundwork for a wholesale expansion and re-working of the player-as-prey dialogue in the future! Enjoy.~
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:09 pm

CacameAwemedinade wrote:Very excited to hear that! Great work and good luck! :-D

nopeman777 wrote:Hey wanted to stop by again and say thanks for all the work you and markfd have done! I never thought the devourment mod and addons would get as far as this. Looking forward to seeing more from you

Aww, thanks you two! If I'm honest nopeman, neither did I! There is a sense in which we are living in the best possible timeline.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Timo2141 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:33 am

Just an idea but is it possible to ask an npc to eat your follower?
Like to get rid of an anoying follower
Timo2141
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:30 am

Timo2141 wrote:Just an idea but is it possible to ask an npc to eat your follower?
Like to get rid of an anoying follower

If I can find a relatively polished way to make that work, it will certainly make it in!
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Oh another idea if you want to include it is dialogue for the new vore types that have been added in. I will also suggest if there still might be an ability for there to be sentient fat and the like addon's for player as pred and or prey
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:07 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Oh another idea if you want to include it is dialogue for the new vore types that have been added in. I will also suggest if there still might be an ability for there to be sentient fat and the like addon's for player as pred and or prey

Different dialogue for different loci is definitely coming one of these days, one I've gone through and systematically expanded all of the slightly scrawny player-as-prey dialogue. As for the other parts, the might be more difficult or involved... But neither is off of the table.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Voremora » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 am

I’m not sure if this issue is for another mod I’m using but asking a predator to digest their current prey plays all the dialogue but nothing happens afterwords other than the text stating the name of the character digested the name of the prey, otherwise I love the new additions
Voremora
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:49 pm

I quite enjoy what you've done here. It adds quite a bit to to overall Devourment experience, such that I would consider it an essential install.

That said, I have a bit of a suggestion/request. Would it be possible to set up dialogue chains such that you could get the different dialogue types for all relationship levels at or below the NPC's current relationship rank?

It may break the overall immersion a bit, but I find myself pretty frequently wanting to be used and abused by my followers, but as most modded followers start at relationship rank 4, it rather limits potential interactions. While the friend and lover dialogues are wonderful, the acquaintance and stranger dialogues can be a spicy change of pace.

While we can already sort of do some of this via console changes to relationship rank, I find it rather tedious, and unreliable both. If we could select in the dialogue which relationship's tone to use for a given interaction it would be quite a bit more flexible. Perhaps lock any chain below the real relationship level behind a sub menu, similar to the [vore] context menu currently in place, and lock that additional sub menu behind an MCM toggle?

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Erecant wrote:I quite enjoy what you've done here. It adds quite a bit to to overall Devourment experience, such that I would consider it an essential install.

That said, I have a bit of a suggestion/request. Would it be possible to set up dialogue chains such that you could get the different dialogue types for all relationship levels at or below the NPC's current relationship rank?

It may break the overall immersion a bit, but I find myself pretty frequently wanting to be used and abused by my followers, but as most modded followers start at relationship rank 4, it rather limits potential interactions. While the friend and lover dialogues are wonderful, the acquaintance and stranger dialogues can be a spicy change of pace.

While we can already sort of do some of this via console changes to relationship rank, I find it rather tedious, and unreliable both. If we could select in the dialogue which relationship's tone to use for a given interaction it would be quite a bit more flexible. Perhaps lock any chain below the real relationship level behind a sub menu, similar to the [vore] context menu currently in place, and lock that additional sub menu behind an MCM toggle?

--Erecant

That's a great idea, this is why I like to get feedback from people. I'd never have thought of it on my own, but I really like the sound of it!

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Maybe we could do a little roleplay", and then specifying how you want them to take it from there, with all of the ranks they COULD have had unlocked; you can't ask perfect strangers to treat you like their best friend/spouse. It should be a breeze to put in.

I'll pack it with the next update, which should be a big one; A new contributor called Arctic from the discord has been helping me design a whole system that should make a certain mechanic much more interesting, but I won't spoil anything. Until then!
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gluger11 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Really love what you've done with your add-ons. I'm curious, have you explored the possibility of more "generic death" dialogue. We have lines for when an NPC digests the player. Would NPC on NPC dialogue be possible? Thanks for your work!
Gluger11
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Gluger11 wrote:Really love what you've done with your add-ons. I'm curious, have you explored the possibility of more "generic death" dialogue. We have lines for when an NPC digests the player. Would NPC on NPC dialogue be possible? Thanks for your work!

Hmm, I was just thinking about this recently... The problem with it is that digestions don't actually trigger Skyrim's built-in "death comment" 'topics'; you'll notice that companions don't comment on you killing certain enemies that way, like they would if you did it with a sword.

Still, I think I can probably find a workaround solution; maybe something like hooking into the 'combat end' dialogue category, and having special dialogue if they've eaten someone. Was that the situation you mostly wanted to see this in, or did you want it for circumstances that didn't necessarily involve combat?
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gluger11 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:37 pm

Yeah I was thinking in regards to combat situations. Like if a bandit digests a follower or vice versa.
Gluger11
New to the forum

Postby Mastert3318 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Is there a list of all of the dialogue currently in the mod anywhere?
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Mastert3318 wrote:Is there a list of all of the dialogue currently in the mod anywhere?

Did you mean a general flowchart/outline, or a line-by-line script? The former I can whip up for you easily, but while I do have a version of the latter, I've added a lot of new dialogue since I last updated it. The creation kit tells me I'm up to 5388 lines so far with the version I'm working on right now, so it would be quite a bit of work to bring it up to speed.

Speaking of that new version, I expect to have it out Tomorrow or Friday.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mastert3318 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 pm

Gherking wrote:
Mastert3318 wrote:Is there a list of all of the dialogue currently in the mod anywhere?

Did you mean a general flowchart/outline, or a line-by-line script? The former I can whip up for you easily, but while I do have a version of the latter, I've added a lot of new dialogue since I last updated it. The creation kit tells me I'm up to 5388 lines so far with the version I'm working on right now, so it would be quite a bit of work to bring it up to speed.

Speaking of that new version, I expect to have it out Tomorrow or Friday.

Probably either. The specific dialogue and responses would be cool to read unless it's too much work for you
Mastert3318
Been posting for a bit

Postby DawiKhazzad » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:24 pm

I might have done something dumb, but with the newest update it seems as is refactor vanilla dialogue overrides this mod in 90 percent of cases. I can very occasionally get it to use this mod's, but it seems random and has proven to be unreliable even getting your dialogue to appear. I haven't rebound my key or anything, so I'm not really sure why its happening.
DawiKhazzad
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 am

Mastert3318 wrote:Probably either. The specific dialogue and responses would be cool to read unless it's too much work for you

Well the best way to see that dialogue would just be to use the mod, haha. I was able to bully the Creation Kit into exporting all the tabulated dialogue into a single file;
ReformationDialogue.TXT
(923.65 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

But unless you already know the structure of these 'branches' and 'topics', it won't make much sense just to read. You can't see any of the dialogue conditions, so there's no real context. If you'd really like, I could see about drawing up some sort of flowchart with all the branch and topic names so you could make sense of that document.

It ALSO happens to have about a thousand lines from the unreleased version I'm working on, so I guess it's sort of a spoiler. Not that anyone would be likely to read all the way through and say "that isn't one of the precisely 4282 that were already in there; I had them all memorized!"

DawiKhazzad wrote:I might have done something dumb, but with the newest update it seems as is refactor vanilla dialogue overrides this mod in 90 percent of cases. I can very occasionally get it to use this mod's, but it seems random and has proven to be unreliable even getting your dialogue to appear. I haven't rebound my key or anything, so I'm not really sure why its happening.

That IS odd. Do you have any other mods that would be likely to modify the DevourmentDialog quest, like Chiaruscuro(formerly Invidia)'s? You can always try moving mine down through your load order until the problem resolves itself. If you can't solve it that way, PM me here or in the Devourment Discord and I'll see about helping you find the culprit.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game