Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Gherking » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:42 am

Feedmeyourdragons wrote:I tried reformation dialogue recently and it's pretty good. I love a lot of the added functions it has.

So I have a question, would you be fine with me editing the dialogue for this mod a bit? And if I end up finishing it, post it here too?

Overall the dialogue is good, but some of the personalities and flavor of the text goes a little too far as far as "immersion" is concerned in my eyes. So what I wanted to try was making a middle ground between this and the more grounded dialogue mod you linked by making small tweaks to each line in order to tone down some of the flowery language and replace terms like "pred" and "tummy toy". In then end it'll still be 95% of the original mods dialogue and paths so I would prefer to get your permission first before I start digging into this.

Go right ahead. That's probably the most common complaint with it, so I'd be happy to be able to reach more folks. You wouldn't actually be the first to try, but that brave soldier suffered a tragic computer failure which erased their work so far.

First though I feel obligated to warn you of the scope of the task. This is how much dialogue is in Refactor's basic dialogue quest...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (540 Bytes) Viewed 2554 times

...And this is how much is in mine.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (541 Bytes) Viewed 2554 times
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:17 am

Gherking wrote:
Feedmeyourdragons wrote:I tried reformation dialogue recently and it's pretty good. I love a lot of the added functions it has.

So I have a question, would you be fine with me editing the dialogue for this mod a bit? And if I end up finishing it, post it here too?

Overall the dialogue is good, but some of the personalities and flavor of the text goes a little too far as far as "immersion" is concerned in my eyes. So what I wanted to try was making a middle ground between this and the more grounded dialogue mod you linked by making small tweaks to each line in order to tone down some of the flowery language and replace terms like "pred" and "tummy toy". In then end it'll still be 95% of the original mods dialogue and paths so I would prefer to get your permission first before I start digging into this.

Go right ahead. That's probably the most common complaint with it, so I'd be happy to be able to reach more folks. You wouldn't actually be the first to try, but that brave soldier suffered a tragic computer failure which erased their work so far.

First though I feel obligated to warn you of the scope of the task. This is how much dialogue is in Refactor's basic dialogue quest...
Capture.PNG

...And this is how much is in mine.
Capture.PNG

Yeah im aware of how much there is, but Im also a stubborn bastard who has some newfound free time lol. Time to put my resolve to the test. My biggest issue would probably be figuring out CK in the first place to make the process smoother.
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 am

Feedmeyourdragons wrote:Yeah im aware of how much there is, but Im also a stubborn bastard who has some newfound free time lol. Time to put my resolve to the test. My biggest issue would probably be figuring out CK in the first place to make the process smoother.

It's pretty simple. You'll have to download it through the Bethesda.Net launcher, and then you'll want to do all this; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30423 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47635 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69022

Then you'll want to load in my plugin - ReformationDialogue. From the file menu, make sure to double right click it - this will make sure it's active, that is, the file that you're editing. After that, here's a crappy diagram for how editing dialogue works;
Capture.PNG

Underlined in red is the path to get to the dialogue. Character > Quest> DevourmentDialog.
The branches, topics, and topicInfos are circled in blue, purple, and yellow respectively. Think of the quest as the tree, the branches as branches, the topics as twigs and the topicInfos as leaves.
The flags, conditions, links and scripts in the TopicInfo editor are all crossed out in cyan - you shouldn't probably never touch those if you only intend to re-skin the existing systems.
Underlined in blue is the Topic Text, and underlined in black is the Prompt. Both of them are what the player will say, and prompts over-write topic text if both are present.
Underlined in green is the response - this is what the NPC will say. There can be multiple lines here, though I've been trying to cut back on the verbosity lately.

The only things you should have to change are the Topic Texts the Prompts, and the Responses. If you see a place where there are two, four, or even eight identical looking topicInfos, that's a topicInfo that specifically mentioned the NPCs/Player's gender or what have you, so there are variations to account for it. Watch out for that. Sometimes there are also multiple variations to cover for people having different toggle settings. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:15 am

Gherking wrote:
Feedmeyourdragons wrote:Yeah im aware of how much there is, but Im also a stubborn bastard who has some newfound free time lol. Time to put my resolve to the test. My biggest issue would probably be figuring out CK in the first place to make the process smoother.

It's pretty simple. You'll have to download it through the Bethesda.Net launcher, and then you'll want to do all this; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30423 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47635 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69022

Then you'll want to load in my plugin - ReformationDialogue. From the file menu, make sure to double right click it - this will make sure it's active, that is, the file that you're editing. After that, here's a crappy diagram for how editing dialogue works;
Capture.PNG

Underlined in red is the path to get to the dialogue. Character > Quest> DevourmentDialog.
The branches, topics, and topicInfos are circled in blue, purple, and yellow respectively. Think of the quest as the tree, the branches as branches, the topics as twigs and the topicInfos as leaves.
The flags, conditions, links and scripts in the TopicInfo editor are all crossed out in cyan - you shouldn't probably never touch those if you only intend to re-skin the existing systems.
Underlined in blue is the Topic Text, and underlined in black is the Prompt. Both of them are what the player will say, and prompts over-write topic text if both are present.
Underlined in green is the response - this is what the NPC will say. There can be multiple lines here, though I've been trying to cut back on the verbosity lately.

The only things you should have to change are the Topic Texts the Prompts, and the Responses. If you see a place where there are two, four, or even eight identical looking topicInfos, that's a topicInfo that specifically mentioned the NPCs/Player's gender or what have you, so there are variations to account for it. Watch out for that. Sometimes there are also multiple variations to cover for people having different toggle settings. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sick, thanks for the explanation!
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tekkano » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Hey, thanks for the dialogue mod, made Devourment a lot more fun!

Unfortunately after installing the recent large update to Devourment it looks like I can't initiate dialogue after vore, not sure why. Updating this mod didn't help. It should be noted I also run Devourment Approach and Devourment Dialogue 3.0 along with it, but disabling those didn't solve the problem. Pressing G doesn't work with both prey and preds.

Any help would be appreciated!
Tekkano
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheDragonGirl775 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:23 pm

ReformationAI seems to be causing me to be unable to speak to NPC's after they are released from a stomach under any context. I can't tell you why or how, all I know is that disabling it from my load order fixed the problem where disabling any other devourment add-on did not. I'll try a clean reinstall of the mod and see if it's just become corrupted or something.

Update edit: For some reason that fixed it. Praise the machine spirit.

Edit part deux: reformed NPC's are still broken in the same way.
TheDragonGirl775
---

Postby Gherking » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am

Tekkano wrote:Hey, thanks for the dialogue mod, made Devourment a lot more fun!

Unfortunately after installing the recent large update to Devourment it looks like I can't initiate dialogue after vore, not sure why. Updating this mod didn't help. It should be noted I also run Devourment Approach and Devourment Dialogue 3.0 along with it, but disabling those didn't solve the problem. Pressing G doesn't work with both prey and preds.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you're updating from the June version, then you'll need to make sure you install MCM Helper, as well as updating LibFire and Spell Perk Item Distributor. After that, you should just be able to go to the General Settings tab of the MCM and set the dialogue key here;
ScreenShot66.png

TheDragonGirl775 wrote:ReformationAI seems to be causing me to be unable to speak to NPC's after they are released from a stomach under any context. I can't tell you why or how, all I know is that disabling it from my load order fixed the problem where disabling any other devourment add-on did not. I'll try a clean reinstall of the mod and see if it's just become corrupted or something.

Update edit: For some reason that fixed it. Praise the machine spirit.

Edit part deux: reformed NPC's are still broken in the same way.

This problem, if I understand correctly, is caused by quests fighting over Alias tags; I experience it with a combination of follower mods I use. This solved it for me - assuming missing names are the source of your problem: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/49768
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby htonoj » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 pm

I'm not getting the transport option anymore with the new (10/3) version except with one specific dialog option chain. I do have dialogue and ai installed
htonoj
Been posting for a bit

Postby htonoj » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 pm

I'm an idiot, I wasn't using EZ2C dialogue mod, now I see the option
htonoj
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gherking » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:48 am

htonoj wrote:I'm an idiot, I wasn't using EZ2C dialogue mod, now I see the option

Glad you got it sorted out!
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tekkano » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Gherking wrote:If you're updating from the June version, then you'll need to make sure you install MCM Helper, as well as updating LibFire and Spell Perk Item Distributor. After that, you should just be able to go to the General Settings tab of the MCM and set the dialogue key here;

Man, I can't believe I missed that particular hotkey setting - probably expected it to be in a separate MCM menu or something. Apparently it didn't work because all hotkeys were set to "Esc" by default, haha.
Thanks for the help!
Tekkano
Been posting for a bit

Postby MagicMan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:44 pm

Would there be any way to move vore dialogue interactions to animal preds but change the context of the lines to praying/beseeching the Divines? But otherwise keeping the outcomes the same as it would be with sentient preds.
MagicMan
New to the forum

Postby MelonBoobies » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Just a quick idea I had for your mod but what if there was a toggle to allow NPCs to rent a "special room" ? Maybe make it so said special room always end in a reformation or just them exiting it (could be a toggle too)

I just think it would be a cool feature and could even lead to some dialogue options where the innkeeper (with a guest in their private room) would either refuse you from entering saying that room is already full, you trying to convince them to either puke out the current guest and take their place OR persuade them to let you join the current guest in said "special room".
This could also lead to someone joining you inside the "special room" whilst you're in it.
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Tekkano wrote:Man, I can't believe I missed that particular hotkey setting - probably expected it to be in a separate MCM menu or something. Apparently it didn't work because all hotkeys were set to "Esc" by default, haha.
Thanks for the help!

No worries, happy to help!

MagicMan wrote:Would there be any way to move vore dialogue interactions to animal preds but change the context of the lines to praying/beseeching the Divines? But otherwise keeping the outcomes the same as it would be with sentient preds.

Not really, I'm afraid. Dialogue with animals is more headache-inducing that dialogue with humanoids, so any work on it is a long way down my list.

MelonBoobies wrote:Just a quick idea I had for your mod but what if there was a toggle to allow NPCs to rent a "special room" ? Maybe make it so said special room always end in a reformation or just them exiting it (could be a toggle too)

I just think it would be a cool feature and could even lead to some dialogue options where the innkeeper (with a guest in their private room) would either refuse you from entering saying that room is already full, you trying to convince them to either puke out the current guest and take their place OR persuade them to let you join the current guest in said "special room".
This could also lead to someone joining you inside the "special room" whilst you're in it.

I could definitely see at least some of this making it's way in. I'll add it to the list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, have you ever wanted to have a certain character as a follower? Maybe with custom dialogue? Look no further!

Follower Dialogue Template.docx
(71.98 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Simply fill out such parts of this file as you feel need to be custom, attach a .npc file of the character in question (acquired by typing savepcface (name) in the console), and I'll add yon character as a one-time randomly reformable prey to ReformationAI. My plan to make all my mods into gacha minigames continues apace...
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MagicMan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Gherking wrote:
Not really, I'm afraid. Dialogue with animals is more headache-inducing that dialogue with humanoids, so any work on it is a long way down my list.

Dang, I assume it has to do something with how wonky keywords are with animal npcs?
MagicMan
New to the forum

Postby Masxohn » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:37 pm

MagicMan wrote:
Gherking wrote:

Dang, I assume it has to do something with how wonky keywords are with animal npcs?

Over all the times I looked at dialogue related stuff in refactor, it's mainly due to 1: refactor keyword check for actortypeanimal (can bypass it via SPID giving voretalker keyword) and 2: most things that have actortypeanimal keyword also have allowpcdialgoue un-checked so that's false and you can't have dialogue with them. Only other issue I ran into was related to BTS system and a check for if something can open a door (in this case it was false), ended up finding out there's no papyrus script function to enable or disable that, either that or it was poorly documented/forgotten and/or not what it should be (similar to AllowPCDialogue = true/false).
Other than that is the pain it is to filter dialogue entries based on specific creatures/animals using checks and structure (SPID is very helpful here).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Gherking » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:43 pm

Masxohn wrote:Over all the times I looked at dialogue related stuff in refactor, it's mainly due to 1: refactor keyword check for actortypeanimal (can bypass it via SPID giving voretalker keyword) and 2: most things that have actortypeanimal keyword also have allowpcdialgoue un-checked so that's false and you can't have dialogue with them. Only other issue I ran into was related to BTS system and a check for if something can open a door (in this case it was false), ended up finding out there's no papyrus script function to enable or disable that, either that or it was poorly documented/forgotten and/or not what it should be (similar to AllowPCDialogue = true/false).
Other than that is the pain it is to filter dialogue entries based on specific creatures/animals using checks and structure (SPID is very helpful here).

Yeah, those are definitely problems. The real issue isn't any of those though - it's that either I'd have to change dialogue conditions for 7000 lines (there are always more productive things to be working on than this), or else write essentially an entirely new dialogue tree just for animal dialogue.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MagicMan » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up, but it seems the "stranger mod" dialogue doesn't acknowledge player skill level when it's used in the dialogue.
MagicMan
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:37 am

MagicMan wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up, but it seems the "stranger mod" dialogue doesn't acknowledge player skill level when it's used in the dialogue.

As I said to another friend earlier, it wouldn't have been the Halloween season without a ghost from the past returning to haunt me. Better than all the ghosts from the future, I guess.

Could you be more specific about where it isn't working? An exact line would be a big time saver.

In other news, I updated the follower template document with a section at the bottom for commentary on all the vanilla quest. Obviously not everyone is going to have something to say about every particular quest, but having lots of quest-specific conversation is one of the things that makes the great followers like Inigo and M'rissi feel so much more alive. As Skyrim is a reasonably large game, this more than doubled the length of the document lol
Follower Dialogue Template.docx
(166.4 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MelonBoobies » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 am

Most of the "fancy a little me to eat" different text that end up with you as pred gives you a bounty even if it's 100% willing prey ... I doubt this was the intended result but I've been killed multiple times by guards now because of it lol.
Could this be fixed ..?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game