Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gherking's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Gherking » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Vennaya wrote:One issue with "ReformationAI" Addon that i have noticed.

Those images, basically.

Typically the "Black head" Bug happens in mods when its in the wrong loadorder relative to the parent mod, if it has any, usually because one mod changes the appearance of NPCs from another mod...But this is entirely self-implemented, and doesn't actually interact with Refactor itself to make the new NPCs, right? So what might be causing this?

The infamous 'black face bug' is caused by The client Skyrim not having the same 'face part' data as the parent creation kit, causing Skyrim to re-gen the NPCs facegen, but it leaves out the tintmask. For some reason. I honestly don't know if it's a bug or a feature with the implementation.

You can find a mod in the recommend-quirements section in the main post that will fix your issue, save your life, and make corn syrup taste like cane sugar. Ok the last two things I made up, but it's just that good. It stops Skyrim from dumping the old Tintmask, basically eradicating this issue without you having to do anything (You used to have to manually re-generate their faces in the creation kit, and re-do it whenever your load order concerning appearance mods changed). If not for Refactor, it would be my favourite mod of all time.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 am

Gherking wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I would enjoy seeing them ported back honestly. And I honestly have a few problems with refactor which probably would be solved after more development is done, but I also have problems with getting engine fixes working without the game just not starting up. My anti-virus seems to be the reason, but I also added exceptions to it and it still doesn't want to work. I would rather not disable my anti-virus everytime I want to play a game honestly.

I'll look into it. DFAM's infrastructure is inferior to refactor, so I can't promise either will be as polished as they are here... But it should be possible. You could also try using a different anti-virus, it's definitely worth switching to be able to use refactor IMO.

As easy as it sounds, I personally would rather stick with the anti-virus that has worked for me for many many years. And it's a subscription/paid anti-virus as well. But it's alright if it never does get a back port, I just have to keep seeing if I can figure out why whitelisting and exceptions aren't enough.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby phillipswilliam92 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:15 pm

I love the dialogue of this mode, but I have to ask how do I use the revivify and reform unknown skull spells i.e. what do I cast them on and when? please help
phillipswilliam92
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:35 pm

phillipswilliam92 wrote:I love the dialogue of this mode, but I have to ask how do I use the revivify and reform unknown skull spells i.e. what do I cast them on and when? please help

Glad you like it Phil! The 'Revivify' spell is used to resurrect people who are already dead at the start of the game - take all the corpses used as 'decoration' by the level designers for instance. Once I had by reformation system (now incorporated into Refactor proper) worked out, I thought "Why can't you reform those guys as well? That would be a nice thing to do!" They should move to the nearest town, and also be eligible to receive a skull if you digest them, unlike a corpse.

'Reform Unknown Skull' is a bit different; for that one you collect 'vanilla' skulls, such as I've adjusted skeletons to sometimes drop. The creation kit tells me there are some 600+ of them strewn around in dungeons as set-dressing. Once you have one, use the spell with the skull in your inventory. You'll reform the person who that skull belonged to (generating a random prey) who likewise will move to the nearest town. Maybe soon I'll give people special dialogue if you reform them in either of these ways.

They're both good ways to boost the population of a given city after the kind of 'drains' that a standard devourment playthrough is likely to put on it. :wink:

Personally, I like to start a playthrough by eating my way through all nine holds, being digested, and then using 'become your killer' to become anew character, reform everyone, and then play the game as usual.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby phillipswilliam92 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Gherking wrote:
phillipswilliam92 wrote:I love the dialogue of this mode, but I have to ask how do I use the revivify and reform unknown skull spells i.e. what do I cast them on and when? please help

Glad you like it Phil! The 'Revivify' spell is used to resurrect people who are already dead at the start of the game - take all the corpses used as 'decoration' by the level designers for instance. Once I had by reformation system (now incorporated into Refactor proper) worked out, I thought "Why can't you reform those guys as well? That would be a nice thing to do!" They should move to the nearest town, and also be eligible to receive a skull if you digest them, unlike a corpse.

'Reform Unknown Skull' is a bit different; for that one you collect 'vanilla' skulls, such as I've adjusted skeletons to sometimes drop. The creation kit tells me there are some 600+ of them strewn around in dungeons as set-dressing. Once you have one, use the spell with the skull in your inventory. You'll reform the person who that skull belonged to (generating a random prey) who likewise will move to the nearest town. Maybe soon I'll give people special dialogue if you reform them in either of these ways.

They're both good ways to boost the population of a given city after the kind of 'drains' that a standard devourment playthrough is likely to put on it. :wink:

Personally, I like to start a playthrough by eating my way through all nine holds, being digested, and then using 'become your killer' to become anew character, reform everyone, and then play the game as usual.

Ok thanks but now my ? is how do I reform an NPC I have all reedy digested using Refactor proper?
phillipswilliam92
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:02 pm

phillipswilliam92 wrote:Ok thanks but now my ? is how do I reform an NPC I have all reedy digested using Refactor proper?

Ah, that's even simpler; just drop their skull, and either cast a vore power on it or 'grab' it by holding down 'e', and then press z.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vennaya » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:06 am

I'm noticing a bug with the dialogue addon...Or maybe its not a bug, but rather a lack of content?

Simply put - Pred eats me, i talk to pred, if they tease that they're going to digest me the ONLY option is to freak out and say "no", its the only dialogue option.
Is more supposed to be there? And if not, will we get an option to say yes?

Also, a request, can we get another line other than "Im glad im dying warm and embraced" when talking to a pred that is digesting you? Because right now we only have that option and "no dont digest me" blahblah, would be great to have a more willing line.
Vennaya
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:06 am

Vennaya wrote:I'm noticing a bug with the dialogue addon...Or maybe its not a bug, but rather a lack of content?

Simply put - Pred eats me, i talk to pred, if they tease that they're going to digest me the ONLY option is to freak out and say "no", its the only dialogue option.

Also, a request, can we get another line other than "Im glad im dying warm and embraced" when talking to a pred that is digesting you? Because right now we only have that option and "no dont digest me" blahblah, would be great to have a more willing line.

Player prey dialogue is definitely sparser than player pred dialogue, but there should always be options. Sounds like I neglected to add scat- or reformation-free variants to those lines, I'll get that fixed up in the next couple days. Adding the scat toggle to all the stranger lines is... Kinda daunting.

I prefer to play chiefly as pred, so I haven't fleshed out the player prey dialogue as much. But if that's something people are more interested in, I can see about focusing on expanding it.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Just updated AI, check the AI changelog in the main post for details.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Gherking wrote:
Vennaya wrote:I'm noticing a bug with the dialogue addon...Or maybe its not a bug, but rather a lack of content?

Player prey dialogue is definitely sparser than player pred dialogue, but there should always be options. Sounds like I neglected to add scat- or reformation-free variants to those lines, I'll get that fixed up in the next couple days. Adding the scat toggle to all the stranger lines is... Kinda daunting.

I prefer to play chiefly as pred, so I haven't fleshed out the player prey dialogue as much. But if that's something people are more interested in, I can see about focusing on expanding it.

If you want some help with that I can help with creating lines for the player and pred for player prey if you want. As while I don't know how to mod in the lines I can certainly help make them to add in.
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:31 pm

nopeman777 wrote:
If you want some help with that I can help with creating lines for the player and pred for player prey if you want. As while I don't know how to mod in the lines I can certainly help make them to add in.

Thanks, that'd be great! I'll add a google doc or something to the main post tomorrow for suggestions. And it doesn't have to be just new lines for existing responses - we could be doing whole new dialogue trees and branches here.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:19 pm

Gherking wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:

Thanks, that'd be great! I'll add a google doc or something to the main post tomorrow for suggestions. And it doesn't have to be just new lines for existing responses - we could be doing whole new dialogue trees and branches here.

Alright sounds great! Can't wait to help out
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Alright sounds great! Can't wait to help out

I've put a suggestions file in the mods folder (link in main post). I'm not very familiar with google docs, so let me know if I goofed up in some hilarious way.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Gherking wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:Alright sounds great! Can't wait to help out

I've put a suggestions file in the mods folder (link in main post). I'm not very familiar with google docs, so let me know if I goofed up in some hilarious way.

I am able to see it but not edit it. And before I start I would like to ask a few questions:
1) Can I put down some dialogue that assumes the player as prey will be reformed using a mod like death alternative?
2) If not reformation dialogue would it be possible for me to use a sort of head cannon for dialogue that assumes when if player becomes their pred that since they are the dragonborn their soul is not absorbed like normal ones and they rather take over the body of their pred or merge with them somehow (weird I know but just a idea I came up with to explain why everyone treats you as the same person even after becoming a new pred)
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Worked fine for me! And before I start I would like to ask a few questions:
1) Can I put down some dialogue that assumes the player as prey will be reformed using a mod like death alternative?
2) If not reformation dialogue would it be possible for me to use a sort of head cannon for dialogue that assumes when if player becomes their pred that since they are the dragonborn their soul is not absorbed like normal ones and they rather take over the body of their pred or merge with them somehow (weird I know but just a idea I came up with to explain why everyone treats you as the same person even after becoming a new pred)

Absolutely to both of those, I'll just add appropriate toggles to them so that people who don't like that kinda stuff (unlike you and I) can turn it off via MCM. Also, I think it's funny that you and I independently came up with the same explanation for the player being treated the same, even if it wasn't that much of a stretch.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Gherking wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:Worked fine for me! And before I start I would like to ask a few questions:

Absolutely to both of those, I'll just add appropriate toggles to them so that people who don't like that kinda stuff (unlike you and I) can turn it off via MCM. Also, I think it's funny that you and I independently came up with the same explanation for the player being treated the same, even if it wasn't that much of a stretch.

Great! And in case you did not see my edit I was able to see the doc but not edit it
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:33 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Great! And in case you did not see my edit I was able to see the doc but not edit it

I figured something like that might happen. I've updated the main page with a link that should allow editing. Let me know if it's being stubborn.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:40 pm

I added one new branch of dialogue so far. If you or anyone wants to addon to it or change it feel free. I will hopefully add more here later (such as more willing player lines when they are digested)
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby nopeman777 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Oh and is there ever a chance of you making a sentient fat addon (if its possible) because I can write for that too!
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 pm

nopeman777 wrote:Oh and is there ever a chance of you making a sentient fat addon (if its possible) because I can write for that too!

I'd have to give some thought to exactly how that would work, but it's not totally off the table.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game