An Angel Next Door (Twine) Furry vore game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

An Angel Next Door (Twine) Furry vore game

Postby Trebortron3 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm

This is a text-based vore game primarily featuring anthro characters with a male protagonist. If that's not your jam, this game may not be for you.

-

In this game, you play as Tan, a pet squirrel from a neighbourhood full of predators. You've spent your life avoiding becoming someone else's snack, but your plans are complicated when your new neighbours move in, and you meet the beautiful squirrel-eating dog Angel. After four days, will you finally win her over, will you end up in her stomach, or will you succumb to one of the other creatures on your street eager to gobble you up?

Download Current Version - v1.3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/63v6dhkbeu0uves/An_Angel_Next_Door_V1.3_Public_Build.html/file

Please note that this is an early form of the game. Far more content is planned, but I'm eager for feedback at this stage which might impact my choices as I continue to develop this game.

Content tags
Note that less mainstream content is hidden by default, but can be enabled from the options screen
Spoiler: show
Male PoV - pred and prey options
Female pred
Male pred
Non-binary pred
Sizeplay
Oral vore
AV
UB/insertion
Footplay
Mawplay
Rimming
Humiliation/domination
PoV disposal
Observer disposal
Scat play

Features
350,000 words of content
A dynamic kink system that learns your preferences and alters descriptions/options accordingly
A clear consent system that allows for easy navigation of willing and non-con/dub-con interactions

Walkthrough
An full walkthrough for v1.3 can be found here: https://aryion.com/g4/view/903016

Future Updates
Please note that updates are likely to be slow - I work full time and write semi-professionally - but constructive feedback may spur me on slightly, so please tell me if you enjoyed the game or have any suggestions

Next update:
The Shit Update
Adds post-vore disposal scenes for every pred
Adds increased scat content

Later updates:
Cat Call
Adds two new preds - the street cats

Ants in your Pants
Significantly expand options available for interacting with the ants

Assorted Nuts
Adds the squirrel dominatrix Natty, allowing full flexibility with the game's kink system

Later updates (including more preds) will be listed once the above have been added

Completed Updates
The Mice Will Play (Whether They Want to or Not)
Adds option for mice companions
Adds new pred - the raven Fozz

What Does the Fox Sell?
Adds the Fox Market and two preds - Vol and Rey

Old Dog, New Tricks
Significantly expands options available for interacting with Angel
Adds fondness, temptation and punishment systems

Tan's Toybox
Completes Fox Market scenes, adds new options for various scenes and adds a variable to track swallowed prey

I am a huge fan of feedback, suggestions and questions, so please let me know what you think! If you have any ideas for future content, let me know (although check the Future Updates list first in case I've already got it planned!). Thanks, and I hope you enjoy 'An Angel Next Door'!

(I now have a Discord server where you can get the latest updates on the game, make suggestions for future content and access earlier versions for testplay: https://discord.gg/CmT93c7wS5 )
Last edited by Trebortron3 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
Trebortron3
Participator

Re: An Angel Next Door (Twine) Furry vore game

Postby Shutter » Thu May 06, 2021 5:14 pm

This looks incredibly promising; so much that I've actually dug up my old account to write this comment!

I really like your writing and the way you approach consent; the scenes make sense, and Alice is a gorgeous pred. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

One thing I'd like to suggest/point out: If Tan observes Alice through the window, and then goes down to meet her, the description of her looks repeats. You might want to include somekind of logic check to avoid repeated phrases c: Other than that, I haven't seen any major errors (though I haven't really tested the game through just yet).
Shutter
New to the forum

Postby Trebortron3 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:37 pm

Shutter wrote:This looks incredibly promising; so much that I've actually dug up my old account to write this comment!

I really like your writing and the way you approach consent; the scenes make sense, and Alice is a gorgeous pred. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thank you! That really means a lot to me!

Shutter wrote:One thing I'd like to suggest/point out: If Tan observes Alice through the window, and then goes down to meet her, the description of her looks repeats. You might want to include somekind of logic check to avoid repeated phrases c: Other than that, I haven't seen any major errors (though I haven't really tested the game through just yet).

Hah, an excellent point! That's a relic of when I was first learning Twine and hadn't got much of a handle on variables yet. I actually did include that exact kind of logic one click further: if you keep watching, she spots you and then you run away, it does replace the description the second time around, because it acknowledges that you have "met" her. But it would make a lot more sense for me to trigger that where you suggest, and then have a second variable for whether she saw you watching her.

I'll add that into the next update! Thanks :)

(Also, if there's anything you'd like to see content-wise in future updates, please let me know!)
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Skittles209 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Will keep an eye out for more
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Seifens » Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Very promising start. Well written and I like the structure of the world particularly. How it's just a given that communication is universal and animals build structures and use tools to varying degrees, but all the social relationships are fundamentally the same as in the real world.

The messaging about how consent works is nice as well, but I think could be enhanced with some iconography or color coding on the dialog options themselves to indicate how each option will be interpreted since there are cases that don't adhere strictly to the described conventions. This way you could support arbitrary choice configurations that don't conform to the three option layout described in the documents. Using iconography would also simplify the documentation down to describing what each icon refers to and letting the scenes speak for themselves.

Example:
In one of the available vore scenes, you're given three options at one point of 'headfirst', 'feetfirst', or 'run away!' (paraphrasing). In this situation, despite there being three options the first two are interpreted as willing, and the last is NC/DC that doesn't actually end the scene. It's pretty clear that the first two are willing from context, but not as clear that the last will fail.

Granted, the ability to roll back your choices at any point makes this not so much a requirement as a 'nice to have', but since you went to all the trouble of laying out what the player should expect from their choices, I thought I would bring this up as one way to more clearly communicate these things in the moment.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 pm

Its a wonderful little demo and I cant wait to see more

with the ants it would be wonderful if there was a small chance one of them you grab was willing to be eaten, the text suggest there are some, also the placeholder cv text for them suggests Tan is to shy to do lewd stuff in public, though that could be another set of kinks to add, exibitionism, could then lead to more risky acts, like sticking his dick into the hill, or even diching his clothes all together, I also cant wait for more pred actions, love the idea of working Tan into being a big shot pred, slowy going from ants to mice then fellow squirrels, to then prey larger then him like the cats to the more out there ones like Angel or the humans <3
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Heedless » Thu May 06, 2021 10:06 pm

Very cool :D
'Voronica Goes to Town' the animated predatory life-sim! https://heedless.itch.io/voronica-goes-to-town-a-vore-adventure
Heedless
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trebortron3 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:17 am

Seifens wrote:Very promising start. Well written and I like the structure of the world particularly. How it's just a given that communication is universal and animals build structures and use tools to varying degrees, but all the social relationships are fundamentally the same as in the real world.

Thank you! I'm really glad that came across, because it's a dynamic I'm really enjoying exploring.

Seifens wrote:The messaging about how consent works is nice as well, but I think could be enhanced with some iconography or color coding on the dialog options themselves to indicate how each option will be interpreted since there are cases that don't adhere strictly to the described conventions. This way you could support arbitrary choice configurations that don't conform to the three option layout described in the documents. Using iconography would also simplify the documentation down to describing what each icon refers to and letting the scenes speak for themselves.

This is a fantastic idea. I'd considered the colour-coding before, but decided to present the game in this form to see how it was received. But now that you've flagged it up, I think I'll spend some time implementing that before the next update, and see if people prefer it. It's probably for the best, really, because when I first decided on the consent system, Tan was almost exclusively prey. The ant hill concept was quite a late addition, and I soon realised my one-two-three consent layout didn't really cover most of his behaviour with the ants. So colour-coding would be helpful there. (I like the iconography idea, although adding a bunch of images might beef up the file-size a bit, so I'd rather stick with colours if I can)

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:Its a wonderful little demo and I cant wait to see more

Thank you!

WolfieTheScapeGoat wrote:with the ants it would be wonderful if there was a small chance one of them you grab was willing to be eaten, the text suggest there are some, also the placeholder cv text for them suggests Tan is to shy to do lewd stuff in public, though that could be another set of kinks to add, exibitionism, could then lead to more risky acts, like sticking his dick into the hill, or even diching his clothes all together, I also cant wait for more pred actions, love the idea of working Tan into being a big shot pred, slowy going from ants to mice then fellow squirrels, to then prey larger then him like the cats to the more out there ones like Angel or the humans <3

Yeah, I think I'll add the chance to grab a willing ant, actually. This is the current goal for the ant hill:

After you scare the colony enough (either by actually being a nasty pred or by just pretending to help the fore-ant), the ants who lust after predators all leave and start a new colony right on your doorstep. So after that, you have a fully willing colony and fully unwilling colony. But all the same, I agree, being able to chance into willing ones at first would be nice.

Love the suggestions on exhibitionism kink! I'll definitely consider adding that (might not be until one of the later updates though).

Very interesting idea about Tan building up as a pred! So I can confirm that he'll definitely be able to eat mice (next update), though I hadn't planned on him eating prey equal or larger than himself. I won't rule it out though! We'll see how things progress... :gulp:
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Nikkidafox » Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am

I very much enjoyed this! It is, of course, rather short, but I can't wait to see more content added!
A question though: is there going to be disposal content? It's teased a bit with Angel talking about how you're going to end up in the toilet.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Trebortron3 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:31 am

Quick update: I'm making some changes based on the feedback so far, and I'm trying to incorporate colour coding to demonstrate the consent implications (willing, dub-con/non-con) more clearly. I'm able to change individual links and the default colour of all links, but I can't work out how to change an individual link's "clicked" colour - that is, normally a link is blue and turns purple once you've clicked on it, so you can recognise you've already followed that link. But if I'm having red, orange and green links, they all have the came colour once clicked, which will make things confusing in longer playthroughs.

Anyone got enough Twine knowledge to work out how to solve this? I just want clicked red links to be in dark red, clicked orange links to be in dark orange etc.

EDIT: Sorry Somedude601, I didn't see your comment before I posted mine.

I very much enjoyed this! It is, of course, rather short, but I can't wait to see more content added!
A question though: is there going to be disposal content? It's teased a bit with Angel talking about how you're going to end up in the toilet.

Thank you! Glad you liked it, and yeah, relatively short for the moment, but plenty more to come!

There almost certainly will be disposal, yes. The issue for me is how to pitch it. I have a rather strange preference when it comes to disposal and scat, where I'm easily put off by anything I consider too much, but also I have a high tolerance/enjoyment of light scat play/torture, which I fully realise puts a lot of people way off. So at the moment I'm ignoring explicit scat/disposal options until the game is more fleshed out, and then I might dabble in adding it, or maybe ask people what their preferences would be. It'll always be easily avoidable for those who want nothing to do with it, but I don't want to turn away people who, for example, enjoy disposal but don't like scat play.

Though I will say - the bathroom is a visitable location for a reason :lol:
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby danmatt » Fri May 07, 2021 4:53 pm

In your passages wrap each link with a <span> and an appropriate custom class:
Code: Select all
<span class='con'>[[Test Link->TestPassage]]</span>
<span class='dub'>[[Test Link->TestPassage]]</span>
<span class='noncon'>[[Test Link->TestPassage]]</span>

It looks like Twine uses a custom <tw-link> element and adds a "visited" class once clicked. You can target and style them like so:
Code: Select all
span.con tw-link {
  color:limegreen;
}
span.con tw-link.visited {
  color:darkgreen;
}
span.dub tw-link {
  color:orange;
}
span.dub tw-link.visited {
  color:#a45a00;
}
span.noncon tw-link {
  color:red;
}
span.noncon tw-link.visited {
  color:darkred;
}
/* Lazy attempt to restore mouseover highlighting */
span tw-link:hover{
  filter: brightness(200%);
}

danmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Trebortron3 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:42 pm

That's perfect, danmatt, thank you so much! I've tried that and it all works, so full steam ahead on the new approach to the consent system.

Any requests for the next update so I can repay you for helping me out with this?
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby juicefox » Fri May 07, 2021 8:38 pm

A pretty good game with excellent writing as expected. I was surprised that it was a human dominated world with furry pets rather than an entirely furry world. Personally, I would like more setting details to flesh it out. Like, what is the life of the furry characters like. Do they go to school and have jobs, or is their entire existance one of being cared for by their human masters.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Trebortron3 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:56 pm

juicefox wrote:A pretty good game with excellent writing as expected. I was surprised that it was a human dominated world with furry pets rather than an entirely furry world. Personally, I would like more setting details to flesh it out. Like, what is the life of the furry characters like. Do they go to school and have jobs, or is their entire existance one of being cared for by their human masters.

Thanks, I really appreciate that!

And that's a really interesting point. I was worried I might be too skewed towards non-vore/kink content at the moment, because I know some people like to get straight to the action, but if there's enough interest in it, I could definitely start adding some more details about the overall setting. There are a few details coming up for characters yet to be added (in terms of how they live their life and the non-vore/kink stuff they get up to), but oddly enough, it's pretty much all about the non-pets. I'd not planned to include much about Tan or Angel's daily routines. I'll have a think.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby juicefox » Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 pm

For me vore works best when the prey has story with a direction apart from the vore. Like, they are in the midst of pursuing a goal and overcoming obstacles and resolving conflicts in puruit of that goal, but then vore cuts that story off in the middle, and the future which could have been is obliterated. If the prey has no direction in life, has no goals, no hopes, no dreams, then it feels like they exist only to be eaten, which makes it hard to care about their peril one way or the other.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Nikkidafox » Fri May 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Trebortron3 wrote: It'll always be easily avoidable for those who want nothing to do with it, but I don't want to turn away people who, for example, enjoy disposal but don't like scat play.

Though I will say - the bathroom is a visitable location for a reason :lol:

Hey that's me! Being turned into a doggy dump? Yes please. Being forced to eat a doggy dump? No thank you.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Trebortron3 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 am

somedude601 wrote:Hey that's me! Being turned into a doggy dump? Yes please. Being forced to eat a doggy dump? No thank you.

Hah, very understandable. I'll have to think about how I could walk that line. I don't want to gross anyone out, but I do want the options to be there. If you have any suggestions on that front (either here or by PM) I'd be happy to hear them.

juicefox wrote:For me vore works best when the prey has story with a direction apart from the vore. Like, they are in the midst of pursuing a goal and overcoming obstacles and resolving conflicts in puruit of that goal, but then vore cuts that story off in the middle, and the future which could have been is obliterated. If the prey has no direction in life, has no goals, no hopes, no dreams, then it feels like they exist only to be eaten, which makes it hard to care about their peril one way or the other.

Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from. At the moment there isn't really anything like that planned (except to reach the end of the fourth day, win Angel over and not get eaten, but it's still an explicitly vore-centred goal), so I'll have a think about what I could include or explore without weighing the game down. Cheers!
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby juicefox » Sat May 08, 2021 6:45 am

You can't please everyone, and you shouldn't compromise your vision just to give certain members of an audience what they want because if it's not what you want, you'll end up pleasing no one. That being said, I am interested in what the furries do in this world apart from the vore. Like, how do they spend their time, what keeps them occupied, what sort of work do they need to do to meet their need for subsistance. Not just the pets, but the wild ones too.
juicefox
Participator

Postby swish » Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Will there possibly be any further content with Jennifer? What you have so far is very impressive by the way, especially the consent/kink system, wish more games had things like that or options.
swish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Trebortron3 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:05 pm

juicefox wrote:You can't please everyone, and you shouldn't compromise your vision just to give certain members of an audience what they want because if it's not what you want, you'll end up pleasing no one. That being said, I am interested in what the furries do in this world apart from the vore. Like, how do they spend their time, what keeps them occupied, what sort of work do they need to do to meet their need for subsistance. Not just the pets, but the wild ones too.

Oh, absolutely. I won't be adding anything in that I don't want to add. But when I hear something I think is valid (like the point you raised), I definitely do want to see whether I could incorporate it.

swish wrote:Will there possibly be any further content with Jennifer? What you have so far is very impressive by the way, especially the consent/kink system, wish more games had things like that or options.

Thank you! I'm really pleased you like it!

Yes, there will definitely be more content with Jennifer. I've already got some partially written up, but it's for the second day (I'm planning four days which each bring slight variations/new events etc), so it won't be part of the game for a while. She's also eventually planned to be a potential pred, but she's not as eager about vore as Angel or the other animal preds of the neighbourhood, so it'll require a thoughtful approach from the player to reach that option.
Trebortron3
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game