Smutty Lesbian Vore *Renpy Remake*

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Smutty Lesbian Vore *Renpy Remake*

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:00 pm

umakeisee wrote:Why not accept the help? If they are willing to use RenPy to edit, it will be a lot more productive than making GooInABox do all of the changes. If it's just grammar and spelling, it is no harder than using ctrl+f in the code and fixing it.

If you're fixing bugs on top of proofreading the reader has to fix bugs to progress. Something they won't know how to do or do well in scenarios.

On top of that merging those changes becomes a hassle in itself. There are entire businesses centered around the problem of merging code.

Adding more people makes things go slower when it comes to code small coding projects.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:22 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
umakeisee wrote:Why not accept the help? If they are willing to use RenPy to edit, it will be a lot more productive than making GooInABox do all of the changes. If it's just grammar and spelling, it is no harder than using ctrl+f in the code and fixing it.

If you're fixing bugs on top of proofreading the reader has to fix bugs to progress. Something they won't know how to do or do well in scenarios.

On top of that merging those changes becomes a hassle in itself. There are entire businesses centered around the problem of merging code.

Adding more people makes things go slower when it comes to code small coding projects.

I guess I got confused. I was involved early on and didn't think errors would be an issue, given the nature of the game. Typos and grammar were the only issues I thought would come up.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:26 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:

Fortunately no bugs have been found as of yet. The way it's working right now is I find the spelling/grammar errors and report them to GooInABox, who proceeds to fix them. Been working well so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I'm done reading through the early part there's a second edition of the pre-alpha phase for me to go through to make sure all the fixes were made. A tough job, but I've gotta do it.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:32 pm

wariodude128 wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:

Fortunately no bugs have been found as of yet. The way it's working right now is I find the spelling/grammar errors and report them to GooInABox, who proceeds to fix them. Been working well so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I'm done reading through the early part there's a second edition of the pre-alpha phase for me to go through to make sure all the fixes were made. A tough job, but I've gotta do it.

But if it's just checking that, Why aren't you going into RenPy yourself to fix it? It sounds like you're just making more work for both of you.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Not really. As said, it's in the pre-alpha state. We're both working really hard at cleaning up the original script and so far it has been going quite well. The documents channel is very useful in this regard.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:58 pm

It's easy enough for me to fix any spelling or grammar issues in Ren'Py once wariodude finds them in the script and/or the deployed pre-alpha version of the game, so I'm okay with that process. I'm just waiting for the weekend when I'm off of work and have more energy to finally start with the images now that I have a full and comprehensive list of what I need to render in Honey Select. No idea yet on how long that will take me, I'll do a % calculation at the end of the weekend based on how much I manage to shovel through and make a time estimation then. There's a few hundred images on my to-do list, but once I get started and set up I think I can knock them out in quick succession.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:31 am

GooInABox wrote:It's easy enough for me to fix any spelling or grammar issues in Ren'Py once wariodude finds them in the script and/or the deployed pre-alpha version of the game, so I'm okay with that process. I'm just waiting for the weekend when I'm off of work and have more energy to finally start with the images now that I have a full and comprehensive list of what I need to render in Honey Select. No idea yet on how long that will take me, I'll do a % calculation at the end of the weekend based on how much I manage to shovel through and make a time estimation then. There's a few hundred images on my to-do list, but once I get started and set up I think I can knock them out in quick succession.

So yeah, we're hard at work and things are moving at a fairly brisk pace. I suddenly have an urge to get some iced tea with lemon...
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Monopolus » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:54 pm

You two are really psyching me up about this whole thing, I have a feeling it's going to be one of the best products of this forum.
Monopolus
???

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:55 pm

I have now been through the entirety of the pre-alpha phase for SLVG. There is much work to do before an alpha phase of the game can be played by yours truly, but at the very least you can finish it now. For everyone waiting for when the game will come out in a finished state, things have moved one step closer to you being able to play it. I don't mean to get you too excited yet, but an update so you know how it's going.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:01 am

*is getting excited.*
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:29 am

2023-01-18 00_19_25-A Ren'Py Game.png

Alright, here's something tangible for all of you. I unfortunately didn't get as much image work done over the weekend as I would have liked due to my main computer monitor partially breaking on me, but I did manage to at least get all of Aika's old portrait images done (which account for about half of her new current total for the expanded game, not including full-screen scenes).

A few clothed variants:
Spoiler: show
20230117235548063.png
20230117234655272.png

I expect it will take a few more weeks at the very least to get through all of the images, mostly because my time will be restricted mostly to weekends. I'll try and post updates here for further major milestones.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby ejames » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:12 am

Take the time as needed.
ejames
Somewhat familiar

Postby VelvetPurple » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:47 am

Take all the time you need. Rushed games don't make good impressions. Really liked where the original was going so this has me rather excited.
VelvetPurple
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:29 pm

VelvetPurple wrote:Take all the time you need. Rushed games don't make good impressions. Really liked where the original was going so this has me rather excited.

From what I've learned from Lakeless after conversing with them by PM, I have a feeling the direction I went is nothing like how it might have gone if the game hadn't been abandoned. That said, they know what we're doing and have their full support.

Speaking of, Lakeless, if you're reading this post, please reply back to me. It's kind of important for that special thing for the game I want to have in it.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:38 pm

Okay, I can say that all of Aika's single portraits are done. There will still be full-screen scenes that need to be made with her and other characters, but progress is progress. Here's a few more of Aika's portraits that waiodude picked to share here:
aika thinking.png
aika kissy.png
GooInABox
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:53 pm

You lucky people you. I have not one, not two, but THREE new images to show off today. All for the new model of Hiroko, shown here with zero context:
hiroko_perv_vore.png

hiroko_surprised.png

hiroko_masky_robe_hush.png

So yeah, things are moving along. Hopefully by this time next week most of the model variations will be close to done, but no promises.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby South » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:03 pm

Great to see progress! I'm happy that you two decided to bring this game back to life. I really enjoyed the first one, even though it was barely a demo!

The models look great. One thing I really enjoyed about the original game was the anime-style characters and CGs, even though they weren't original pieces. It's sad to see those go, but it's completely understandable and these look just as great!

One bit of rudeness from me however.. What's going on with the bellybutton? I don't think I've ever seen a navel grow in size together with a stomach before in terms of vore. It just feels.. off

Is it difficult to edit, or is it made quickly because of a deadline? I know literally nothing regarding modeling, so it's a genuine question!

Either way, looking forward to the finished product!
South
New to the forum

Postby umakeisee » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 pm

South wrote:Great to see progress! I'm happy that you two decided to bring this game back to life. I really enjoyed the first one, even though it was barely a demo!

The models look great. One thing I really enjoyed about the original game was the anime-style characters and CGs, even though they weren't original pieces. It's sad to see those go, but it's completely understandable and these look just as great!

One bit of rudeness from me however.. What's going on with the bellybutton? I don't think I've ever seen a navel grow in size together with a stomach before in terms of vore. It just feels.. off

Is it difficult to edit, or is it made quickly because of a deadline? I know literally nothing regarding modeling, so it's a genuine question!

This may be an issue with Honey Select, the program used to make these models. I ran into a similar issue in Koikatsu party, which runs on the same engine, but instead the belly button wouldn't move to match the placement on the belly. These issues are caused by the mods not being part of the original game or necessarily intended to be used for vore style bellies. You can see the same thing happening with Oppi's models in A Way Back Home, but they don't look bad. This is either because the belly buttons are much softer than the realistic style of Honey Select or because Oppi figured out a way to make them look more natural.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:10 am

South wrote:Great to see progress! I'm happy that you two decided to bring this game back to life. I really enjoyed the first one, even though it was barely a demo!

Thank you for the feedback! And yeah, the belly-button is a bit of an eye soar. Honey Select 1 was never meant to have expandable bellies: there isn't even a "belly slider" for the character customizer despite there being sliders for almost every other part of the body. These vore bellies were a joint creation between me and a commissioned Blender artist who knew their way around Blendshapes (in others words, the belly grows and shrinks). Long story short, the stretched belly button is a result of the body texture being stretched over a larger surface than it is used to. It's not impossible to make it look more "normal sized", it just takes time make the edits to the body texture file in GIMP/photoshop. I'll see what I can do.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:40 pm

For anyone wondering if the belly button is going to get fixed, like South, I have it on good authority that it is currently being worked on. The bad news is that pushes the model variations for other models back a couple of days, but the good news is once fixed every other model with a belly will hopefully not have problems after getting it right the second time around.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game