I want to make a game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

I want to make a game

Postby babies445 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:34 pm

I want to make a pregnancy transfer game it's where you transfer one baby from one womb to another womb can someone tell me how to make it a RPG Maker game thanks and if want pay for helping me i can pay you by PayPal it's like this game https://dimpixelanimations.itch.io/bbysttrcmp
babies445
Been posting for a bit

Re: I want to make a game

Postby GooInABox » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:58 pm

No one can really tell you how to make your game. It's not an IKEA table with an instruction manual and all the parts and tools bundled with the purchase. We can give you advice, show you where you can find tools and other resources that you can use, and share our own experiences, but in the end your game is going to be your own creation. Here's my advice on how to make your game:

Step 1: Do you really want to make a game?
Creating a game of any kind is going to eat up dozens of hours at the minimum, hundreds of hours on average, and thousands of hours if you're really dedicated to it. Much of that time is going to be spent learning on how to use your programming tools, searching for assets such as sounds and images to add to the game, debugging sections of the game to ensure they work to expectations, and in general just adding segments and playtesting. It's not often easy, but it can be fun if creating a game is your thing. If you're more interested in the story behind your game, in this case your pregnancy transfer idea, then you should consider if it's worth packaging it in a game or if you just want to write stories about the topic. As a compromise, you could try writing choose-your-own-adventure type stories that aren't as linear as a standard story but still give the reader the illusion of choice that is almost game-like.

Okay, let's assume you're set on creating a game. The next step is:

Step 2: Deciding the game engine. RPG Maker or something else?
I'm not going to lie, RPG Maker comes with a stigma because when most people pick it up they just use the default assets to make their game (I'm guilty of this) and people tend to view this as "lazy" or otherwise feel that all RPG Maker projects feel the same. However, the fact that it comes with default assets makes it easier on the developer to dive right into the game mechanics without having to worry about obtaining the assets in the first place so that the game looks like a game. You should also be aware that if you don't already have the latest generation of RPG Maker, that it comes with a hefty price tag of $80 during most of the year but it can drop down to about $20 during a sale so you should definitely wait to buy it if you're considering using it.
Alternatively, there's other game making platforms that you can use to create your game. There's Ren'Py, there's Game Maker Studio, there's Unity, there's Construct, there's Godot, etc. Some of these are free, some of them require a license to unlock the full potential, and others require a hefty up-front purchase like RPG Maker does. I can't decide which of these (or any others that I haven't listed) will suit your purposes better, but just keep in mind that none of these will build the game for you: you have to think back to step number 1 and realize you're going to learn how to program in some capacity. Maybe it's drag-and-drop abstract coding like RPG Maker is, or maybe it's full programming in a real language like Ren'Py which uses Python. Every game maker and game engine has things that it's really good at and other things that it just can't do unless you really force it to do so in a way that it was never intended to function. Whatever game mechanics you have in mind, you'll have to choose the game engine that best supports it.

Do you have your game maker ready to use on your computer? Good, onto the next step:

Step 3: Create a very basic version of your game.
Keep in mind this step isn't "create your game". This is "create a very basic version of your game". Consider this your prototype that you can share here and get feedback for later development. You will want to implement the main features of the game that you think will be most prevalent/important and see how they actually interact once the concepts are out of your head and actually programmed into your game maker. In the case of your idea of pregnancy transfer, you may want to create the framework for a basic and short scene where this occurs and determine how it ties in with gameplay. You can always expand upon it later with more detailed writing and maybe a couple of extra "fluff" features added on, but you should keep in mind that it may take a couple of attempts for you to finally find a way to implement you desired features, and you may even end up going back to Step 2 to find a different game engine that works better.

Okay, so you've chosen your game engine and you've implemented a very basic gameplay loop that contains the minimum of what you want. Now it's time to move onto the next step:

Step 4: Share your prototype.
If you haven't already shared your prototype by this point, you should probably do so so you don't get to far ahead and then realize that there's something fundamentally wrong that prevents people from enjoying the game. However, you should also keep in mind that not all feedback is worth listening to, not even mine, and you need to determine which feedback you should really be paying attention to. Some people, especially on this site, will post a comment along the lines of "good game but it would be better if it had my specific fetish in the game", and you should only listen to these comments if you are also interested in expanding the fetish content in the game. If you act on these requests too much, then you'll find yourself making their game and not yours, and development will suffer because of it. You should make the game with what you want in it because you want it and not just because someone is asking to add stuff that makes them horny.
This is not to say you should ignore all feedback. If someone is providing constructive feedback on the mechanics of the game, then you should probably take their comments into consideration and decide if they have a valid point that warrants some level of redesign for your game (for example, making scenes longer or shorter or more/less "grindy" in order to progress). You won't be able to satisfy everyone, but you will eventually have to face the realty that some of your design choices will not be popular with most of your audience and you'll have to decide whether or not to compromise to them. It's a balancing act, and you're the final judge on which way you should push development.

Now that you've gotten feedback, it's now time to dive into the biggest step:

Step 5: Create your game.
This is where those hundreds and thousands of hours will be sunk into. You will take your prototype and the feedback you've gotten and expand upon it. You will write scenes, you will add characters, you will create features and maybe add miniature games within your game. You will play parts of your game dozens of times over to ensure it works in every possible scenario and then you'll play it a dozen time again because someone found a game-breaking bug when they did events X and Y in combination but their bug feedback left out that they also performed Z which broke the game. If your game has images or models, you'll be spending hundreds of hours creating/procuring them, editing or rigging them for use within the game, ensuring they appear in the game with minimal graphical glitches, and then spending a dozen hours re-editing them all because you decided to rescale your game resolution from 900x600 to 1366x768 which broke everything.
You'll get writer's block which will have you slugging through a scene at a rate of one sentence a day, you'll encounter life issues which will put development on pause for months and may even shelve it for good. The completion of the game is not a guarantee, and if you're working alone then you'll have to face the reality that absolutely no progress will be made if you do not put the work in. There will be high points where you're having fun, and there will be low points where you want to work on something else, anything else.

...and if you work down your checklist of features and content, tick off everything that you wanted to add, and most people are able to play the game without too many issues whilst also having a good time, then maybe, just maybe, you can...

Step 6: Finish the game.
Nothing more to be said here. You've put in the time and effort, and now the game is in a finished state. You can always expand upon it, but more likely than not you just want to put a bow on it and move onto your next project if you haven't already done so. Very few game reach this state. For every game on this website and probably any other community site that can call itself "complete", there's 99 projects abandoned and dead. The games that are complete tend to be smaller, knew what they wanted to be from the beginning, and had clear milestones that defined their progress.

---

Starting a game is easy. It's the easiest thing you can do to download a game making program and create a file called "Game Project 1". Going through the steps and seeing the game completion is probably one of the hardest things you have to do. There is no instruction booklet to put your game together, and every step is your own. You can try paying people to help you with this, but unless you know what you're doing you'll most likely either be wasting money or funding someone else to make their own idea of what kind of game they want. You shouldn't go into a game thinking "I'll open up a project and be done by next month". However, once you begin work and get stuck on trying to implement a feature, that's when you can and should ask for ideas on how to progress. At this current point in time where the game doesn't even exist, people can throw as many ideas as they want at you but they'll all become irrelevant by the time you create your project and actually form the framework and setting of your game.

Go through the steps, get experience, ask for help when you get stuck, and hopefully we'll all see the fruits of your labors.

Good luck!
GooInABox
Participator

Postby babies445 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:11 pm

thanks for your feedback but I was looking for a partner to make the game with me because I don't know how to code do characters or do animations but everything else I know how to do I will pay whoever wants to work with me on the game and it won't be a long game and be a short game planned on adding 8 mechanics to the game vore unbirth pregnancy transfer weight gain big belly can't walk if character is too heavy if you received over 500 pounds that Be too heavy to walk and 5 short cities for npcs to do the mechanics with them and a short map to explore it like your a weight gain babysitter for the npcs and you babysit babies in your womb for them and get pay for doing it and with the cash you get from the npcs you can expand your abilities in the shop like bigger weight gain and belly and the game will not have combat sorry for that oh and the npcs come pick up their babies when you're done babysit for them it go from your womb to their womb when they're ready to pick up their babies from you and ABDL will in the game if you eat someone but can't make it to the bathroom then you can use your diaper you can buy diapers in the shop and their won't be actual babies so no giving birth in the game babies stay in the womb that's the point of the game their will be a daily routine mechanic in the game like go to school or work or sleep
babies445
Been posting for a bit

Postby JohnOfAllTrades » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:18 pm

babies445 wrote:because I don't know how to code do characters or do animations but everything else I know how to do

Ok so... What DO you know how to do? Because that pretty much sums up what a game is made up of. Its probably better to at least learn how to do one of those before approaching a community looking for help because nobody will want to do all the work on their own. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but the only alternative to that is you funding the ENTIRE development of a game and that is... a lot of money.
JohnOfAllTrades
New to the forum

Postby blockchain » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 pm

I would just go and watch as many RPG maker tutorials in youtube as you can, I dont think you need to know how to code to do that unbirth thing. animation is another animal and you might need to commision or just google/tutorial your way into doing your own stuff.
blockchain
New to the forum

Postby babies445 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:14 am

sorry for asking for help if you don't want to help that ok but be nice I find someone to help me sorry if your mad for me asking for help I wanted to pay someone to help me sorry if got mad for me asking I just want you to bring my imagination to a game that was my ideas in a game and I have not see a game with my ideas it I look through a lot of websites and have not find it i just wanted a game with my ideas in it sorry if I make you mad for asking for it I like all the fetishes in one game and no one making a game like that like vore unbirth pregnancy transfer weight gain big belly babysitter for the npcs and you babysit babies in your womb for them the npcs come pick up their babies when you're done babysit for them it go from your womb to their womb when they're ready to pick up their babies from you ABDL if you eat someone but can't make it to the bathroom then you can use your diaper i like all that in a game and no one making it and you telling me that no one want to make a game for me if I pay you who turn down cash that I give you for making the game
babies445
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:36 am

babies445 wrote:sorry for asking for help if you don't want to help that ok but be nice I find someone to help me sorry if your mad for me asking for help I wanted to pay someone to help me sorry if got mad for me asking I just want you to bring my imagination to a game that was my ideas in a game and I have not see a game with my ideas it I look through a lot of websites and have not find it i just wanted a game with my ideas in it sorry if I make you mad for asking for it I like all the fetishes in one game and no one making a game like that like vore unbirth pregnancy transfer weight gain big belly babysitter for the npcs and you babysit babies in your womb for them the npcs come pick up their babies when you're done babysit for them it go from your womb to their womb when they're ready to pick up their babies from you ABDL if you eat someone but can't make it to the bathroom then you can use your diaper i like all that in a game and no one making it and you telling me that no one want to make a game for me if I pay you who turn down cash that I give you for making the game

I think what most people are reacting to is that it looks like you haven't put much thought into either the project or this thread. That may be wrong of course, but your first post didn't really offer anything other than a very particular fetish (which wasn't vore) you'd like to see in the end product. You did mention vore above, but it seems that your primary focus is on this pregnancy transfer theme, so I don't know if you can count on there being a ton of like minded people around here who will automatically know what you're talking about and be immediately on board. So you'll have to be more descriptive and lay out your expectations more clearly, and be ready for the possibility that people on a vore forum won't necessarily be interested in working on a game centered around an unrelated fetish.

I visited that link and what's there isn't a game so I'm assuming you mean you want something that's aesthetically similar? But then you say you want to use rpgmaker so again I'm a bit confused. If you're just pointing it out as an example of the sort of baby transfer concept you're talking about that's fine, but without more context it's probably just confusing to have it there.

At the very least you'll need to outline the sort of gameplay you're looking for so people have an idea of how difficult a project they would be signing up for. Be as specific as you can. Include details and be prepared to answer pointed questions. If you aren't able to be specific people will take it as a sign that you don't really know what you want and it will make them less likely to want to sign on to your direction. Imagine trying to take instructions from someone who kept changing their minds and couldn't describe what they wanted clearly. Whether they're paying you or not, that isn't a good time.

If English isn't your first language you may need to take additional steps to bridge the gap either by improving your own English or looking specifically for people who can use a language you're more familiar with. I'm always impressed by anyone who can communicate in multiple languages no matter how well, but unfortunately in this case you're trying to assume a lead creative role for one or more developers, so clearer communication will be a necessity.

To close on a positive though, it's great that you're willing to pay people for their work! That's unfortunately rare around here for a variety of reasons, but it definitely puts you way closer to getting what you want than most people who make 'I have an idea for a game' posts here.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JohnOfAllTrades » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am

babies445 wrote:sorry for asking for help if you don't want to help that ok but be nice I find someone to help me sorry if your mad for me asking for help I wanted to pay someone to help me sorry if got mad for me asking I just want you to bring my imagination to a game that was my ideas in a game and I have not see a game with my ideas it I look through a lot of websites and have not find it i just wanted a game with my ideas in it sorry if I make you mad for asking for it I like all the fetishes in one game and no one making a game like that like vore unbirth pregnancy transfer weight gain big belly babysitter for the npcs and you babysit babies in your womb for them the npcs come pick up their babies when you're done babysit for them it go from your womb to their womb when they're ready to pick up their babies from you ABDL if you eat someone but can't make it to the bathroom then you can use your diaper i like all that in a game and no one making it and you telling me that no one want to make a game for me if I pay you who turn down cash that I give you for making the game

I don't mean to sound rude or like I am mad at the post. I just feel like you aren't ready for game dev yet. It is a very hard undertaking and as an artist I can tell you that THAT alone is a hard task. And that is only a part of the process. Considering there are a few major pillars needed to develop a game I really do suggest you learn to code or something before asking for assistance as people aren't likely to want to help somebody who has nothing more to offer than just ideas. There are multiple professionals and knowledgeable people you can find on Youtube who teach more about the process and I would recommend you look into that. Even if you don't become the greatest, you will at least be able to contribute to the project. If you are truly dedicated to this idea and pursue it, I wish you luck.
JohnOfAllTrades
New to the forum

Postby Koseki » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 am

is this a troll?
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby babies445 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:36 pm

game company has a lot of dev and a boss so I want to be a at home game company and pay a dev to make games for me if that too much to ask for a dev to make a game for me if I pay the dev for the he did like a game company pay their dev and we have a Coronavirus so that why I want do a game company at home maybe I do a Kickstarter for my game so I can buy my my own game company so I ask for help I do Kickstarter and find people that support my game goodbye sorry for making the post i delete it in a couple days
babies445
Been posting for a bit

Postby fieldmousse » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:36 am

Do you know how to use Google Slides?
Make it in that: hyperlinks will take you a long way. E.g. set it up so you click an image and it takes you to a different slide.
I think you can configure it so that slides are 'hidden' unless linked to but that isn't strictly neccessary.
Once you have that game completed I'm sure you'd be able to find someone to make it in a real game engine if you wanted.
fieldmousse
Participator

Return to Vore game