textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2.3 update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2.3 update

Postby mistermadness » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:47 pm

hello there, mister madness here once again

apologies for not updating this game, but my irl life has been kindof annoying,
and i didnt have the energy nor the will to work on this

but i have now, and i have added a few extra things, nothing too big
im also gonna keep all updates like that from now on, instead of adding multiple things.

instead of my original plan of adding multiple things every update,
im instead going to focus on 1 or 2 scenes or interactions, and then release the update
unless i feel like adding more, who knows

Spoiler: show
things added:
added a unique interaction with your sister if you unwillingly ate your mom
added a prey scene with your best friends mom
maybe more but i forgot what all i did since i worked on this last ^^;
tiny bugfixes i found, nothing too serious

if you have any bugs to report about the game that happen regularly, please let me know
or if you have any suggestions for future updates

planned for version 0.2.4:
adding a unique interaction with your sister if you ate your mom willingly
a pred scene with your best friends mom
if neccesary, bugfixing
and if i want to add something else, ill tell you next update

the game link itself: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... us-manners

anyway i hope you enjoy the new scenes, and ill see you all next update
sincerely, mister madness

P.S. i am considering making a vore visual novel with novelty, let me know if you would like me to work on something like that
Last edited by mistermadness on Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
perfect madness, always leads to succes
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:50 am

I'm always glad to see new Quest writers getting a start, I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with this.

I do have a few suggestions if you don't mind.
The NPC's need descriptions, just saying that the Mother is on her bed isn't really enough, if you tell the player what the Mother looks like then it will make the scenes more interesting, either that or add some pictures.
There should be descriptions of what rooms lie on what directions, things like "Your Mother's Bedroom is to the southeast" or "The Living Room is to the north", it will help the player find what they're looking for, especially as your adventure grows in size.

The most important thing I can suggest though is that you have fun writing this, that always leads to a better read in the end. Good luck! :-D
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am

Hi, I made eat or be eaten, and I have to say I always love seeing new text adventure games like this.
Like Brpdchainsaw suggested, having some indication where everything is is definitely helpful.

As for images, they’re not required, but I think they do spice up the overall experience. So I do suggest either adding some images for the characters or at least some belly gifs or drawings.

Otherwise I think you have a good start. I look forward to seeing where this goes.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:22 am

What all do you have planned, character wise?? I Can offer some proofreading ability as well as assistance in writing structure.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby mistermadness » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:What all do you have planned, character wise?? I Can offer some proofreading ability as well as assistance in writing structure.

for the next update i mostly wanted to focus on getting an outside area setup with a few houses wich most will be locked except one where there will be 1-2 characters and mabey a third if i feel like adding that to it to spice it up, and in general fixing a typo here and there and add a bit more background to the characters that are already there

after that i dont have anything planned so far, i first want to make sure that the current characters scenes are written properly and have no typo's and as little grammar issues as possible.
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Can you give the option for female protagonist?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mistermadness » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:03 pm

Souls6 wrote:Can you give the option for female protagonist?

mabey in the future, for now i wanna focus on the game itself
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:59 pm

mistermadness wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:What all do you have planned, character wise?? I Can offer some proofreading ability as well as assistance in writing structure.

for the next update i mostly wanted to focus on getting an outside area setup with a few houses wich most will be locked except one where there will be 1-2 characters and mabey a third if i feel like adding that to it to spice it up, and in general fixing a typo here and there and add a bit more background to the characters that are already there

after that i dont have anything planned so far, i first want to make sure that the current characters scenes are written properly and have no typo's and as little grammar issues as possible.

Would you like some assistance?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby TheMastermind » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:00 am

I just have some technical advice, since everyone else is already advising on the story stuff.

If you click on the exits (the objects themselves, such as "Exit: Kitchen"), you can see prefix and suffix options. These basically mean "bit before the word" and "bit after the word".
    If you type
    "to the " in the prefix box
    "to go to the kitchen" in the suffix box
    the game will write
    "You can go north, east, to the west to go to the kitchen, and south"
    which adds a bit more information for the player. You can obviously change the words as you please, or only use either the prefix or suffix as you please. I'm just mentioning it because it's helpful.

Also in the "game" object at the top of the objects list, go to the "Room Descriptions" page, there's the "clear screen when entering a room" checkbox. Having this checked keeps the game clean and easier to read for the player.

And finally, probably the most important, yet minor detail.
    You'll have to go into advanced mode to edit this, but once it's done, you can return to simple mode if you like. Go to "Tools" on the top of the window. Uncheck "simple mode" if it's checked. Click on an object like "Bed" and go to the "Object" page. If you look near the lower middle, you'll see "Display verbs:". These verbs show up when you left-click on the object in-game. In there is "Look at" and "Take" by default, but since it's a bed and you likely won't be putting it in your inventory, you should remove "Take" by left-clicking on it and pressing the big blue " - " beside "Display verbs:". This means it won't show up in game anymore. You would have to repeat this for similar objects that won't go to the inventory.

These 3 things don't seem like much at first, but together they really clean things up. The game will look much neater, trust me. I've been experimenting with Quest myself, and I'd say I understand it somewhat well.
Quest is sorta awkward to manage, but the coding is very very simple unless you go into the script features.
Hungry Jewellery: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61326
I swear I'm still making it.
TheMastermind
Somewhat familiar

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.1.1 update

Postby Blazzycrafter » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 am

mistermadness wrote:
game link: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... us-manners

i think thats a broken link ...
Can you update this'?
SIGNATURE_START
here my last collection :D :
https://dickpic.knechtl.me

SIGNATURE_END
Blazzycrafter
New to the forum

Postby Skeiron » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mistermadness » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:47 am

Blazzycrafter wrote:
mistermadness wrote:
game link: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... us-manners

i think thats a broken link ...
Can you update this'?

Link got fixed, ty for telling
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby Janga3 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Short but fun even with the limited options. I suspect you'll at more reactions say if you ate your sister and ask to lay or speak with your mom, with her reaction being different if it was willing or not. Same with the sister if the other way around. Either way i look forward to more.
Janga3
New to the forum

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2 update

Postby mistermadness » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:33 pm

new update bump
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2 update

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:40 am

neat game so far, hope to see more
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2.1 update

Postby mistermadness » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:03 am

mini update bump
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:32 am

Just a few bugs to report.

-The Bathroom has the words "Exit 6" at the top of the entry.

-Eating the Sister with her permission, going to the Mother's room, spitting your Sister out and then asking how your Mom is doing, causes another Sister to appear in your inventory.
--Although digesting this magic second Sister makes the first one disappear as well.

-Eating Mom with permission, then eating your Sister (with or without permission), then spitting mom out in your Sister's room, causes two moms to appear when you go back to her bedroom.

I tired getting two Moms and two Sisters at the same time but I think one glitch cancels out the other.
I've tried writing this kind of adventure before and I know it can be tricky, just keep working at it and I know this adventure will end up great! :-D
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Janga3 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:25 am

Did some playing this update and I like the different out comes you can get with your actions so far. Wonder how different prey combinations would get different reaction layer down the line. Say eat both you mom and sister willingly and when you visit your freind they encourage them to get eaten as well. Or how both the mom and sister react when you eat them both without consent. So many situations. But bug fixing comes first so in the mean time I'll wait to see what you come up with!
Janga3
New to the forum

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2.2 bug fix

Postby mistermadness » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm

bug fix bump
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Re: textadventure project, vorelicious manners 0.2.2 bug fix

Postby Janga3 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 pm

Checked the update, things are more stable and while a few issues pop up it's only when you go out of your way to break the game. Very good progress.
Janga3
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game