A Prey Girl in a Boy's World VN 0.4.1 MAC Port

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Prey Girl in a Boy's World Visual Novel Day 3 Update

Postby HeadZ349 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:14 am

A way to see how much gut slut points or common sense points you have and a way to see what scenes require how much points
HeadZ349
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:00 am

HeadZ349 wrote:A way to see how much gut slut points or common sense points you have and a way to see what scenes require how much points

Unfortunately I won’t directly be implementing that myself. I am working with someone to add a whole bunch of quality of life improvements for the final build. That will be included in that.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:47 pm

A small update on what to expect from the upcoming updated.

A lot of new content is being added, as well as new events on previous days, more images, updated dialogue, new characters and more. The observer aspect of the game has received a nice overhaul to make things a little more...spicy. Of course this means I’ve done a lot of changes to the code and that means bugs and typos. I will be doing my best to iron them all out, but please be understanding. Now, due to what this update entails, I have decided that day 4 will be shorter, but will contain more detailed Vore branches for the two clubs. So while the main school day will be short, clubs will be the focus of the new day. As well as the beginning of a major storyline in the evening after clubs.

As of now, my future plans past day 4 are the final main day, a bonus beach “episode” and the beginning of the side stories mode. Side stories will be scenarios I couldn’t fit into the main game from the perspective of different characters. There will be little to no interaction in these and they will be short in length. This will be in place of the Male Story mode, as the game has been hard enough to build as it is, that I would need to make a brand new game to be able to do it since the amount of variables and images is massive. Over 300 images are in my various folders for use for the game.

Lastly, I won’t be making a forum post for it until I’ve made significant progress, but I’m announcing the next game in the voreverse I’ve created. This game is called Downsizing. It will be set in an office setting with Male and Female Preds. Taking place further in the future after women gained the evolutionary trait to Vore. Like this game, digestion will still be fatal. While it is still early development, I want this game to be less story focused and more like a time management game. Think daily life in Persona, but that’s the whole game. Downsizing will follow you as you climb the ranks in your office and avoid getting downsized by your boss into her stomach.

That’s all I needed to announce, so thank you for attending DatStrudel Direct lol.

Final little thing, here’s a teaser of the observer updates to A Prey Girl in a Boy’s World.
Spoiler: show
Untitled_Artwork 9.png
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby unzipsdick » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:49 pm

Datstrudel wrote:It will be set in an office setting with Male and Female Preds.

Didn't another M/F game win the poll you made for your next game?
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:49 am

unzipsdick wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:It will be set in an office setting with Male and Female Preds.

It did, but I’m not exactly following the polls. They were just to see what people wanted. There were enough people who wanted F/M that I figured I should include it as well.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chessa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:56 am

Datstrudel wrote:
unzipsdick wrote:

It did, but I’m not exactly following the polls. They were just to see what people wanted. There were enough people who wanted F/M that I figured I should include it as well.

Even then, you'd be following the poll just fine if you just made it focused on M/F with some F/M included honestly, it's not so exclusive.
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:02 am

Datstrudel wrote:
unzipsdick wrote:

Make what inspires you, you're the one making it afterall, if it's a passion project, follow your passion. I personally love M/M and F/M, but that's my passion, if you feel inspired on occasion to write a M/M or F/M scene, follow that inspiration, but don't feel you need to force it for other people.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:41 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Make what inspires you, you're the one making it afterall, if it's a passion project, follow your passion. I personally love M/M and F/M, but that's my passion, if you feel inspired on occasion to write a M/M or F/M scene, follow that inspiration, but don't feel you need to force it for other people.

I like basically all gender combos, so I’m trying to make Downsizing be that, so I hope there’s something for everyone. M/F is just really fun for me and I wanted to do a game that focused on that since it hardly exists in full on game form.

Chessa wrote:Even then, you'd be following the poll just fine if you just made it focused on M/F with some F/M included honestly, it's not so exclusive.

I’ll probably end up leaning to M/F primarily since the game is in that same world where guys were the only Preds. I have been dropping hints about female Preds surfacing though, like evolution catching up, so there is a decent time gap. (Although returning characters won’t have aged, no canon reason other than I like certain characters a lot.)
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:56 pm

Sounds like Vore days in a way.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Susuko wrote:Sounds like Vore days in a way.

Vore days is one of my favorite vore games. A lot of my motivation came from playing that game.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:35 pm

In your next game will we have the choice if we play as a boy or girl?
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:44 pm

Susuko wrote:In your next game will we have the choice if we play as a boy or girl?

I'm going to make it ambiguous most likely unless if find an easy way to do it without having to basically have two whole branches whenever dialogue references the gender of the player.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:56 pm

Well you could use a universal name like Sam that could a short version of a full name as a start.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 pm

Susuko wrote:Well you could use a universal name like Sam that could a short version of a full name as a start.

The player will be able to be named.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RealZikik » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Datstrudel wrote:
Susuko wrote:In your next game will we have the choice if we play as a boy or girl?

I'm going to make it ambiguous most likely unless if find an easy way to do it without having to basically have two whole branches whenever dialogue references the gender of the player.

One way to do it is with variables. All you have to do is have the player's choice of gender affect what the variables will say and work the variables into the text.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:21 pm

RealZikik wrote:One way to do it is with variables. All you have to do is have the player's choice of gender affect what the variables will say and work the variables into the text.

Will it be a variable similar to how player name works so I don’t need to have multiple if’s for the player gender?
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderTG » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:54 pm

If you don't want to use ifs you could use a handful of string variables in the same way as the name for the different pronouns and references. Set one to be he or she when you choose gender, then when you call it you'd get he or she depending on the choice. Set others for boy/girl, he/hers and so on.

You'd still need ifs here and there if you want any gender specific scenes and more in depth references though, and if you don't intend to do any of that it might not be worth the extra effort when ambiguous terms like I and you can get the job done half the time.
EnderTG
Somewhat familiar

Postby Achenar » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Datstrudel wrote:
RealZikik wrote:One way to do it is with variables. All you have to do is have the player's choice of gender affect what the variables will say and work the variables into the text.

Will it be a variable similar to how player name works so I don’t need to have multiple if’s for the player gender?

Assuming Renpy works that way behind the scenes, yes. You essentially set a variable called something like playerPronoun, and at the start you use just one if statement to set it based on gender choice. Then, wherever you'd write "his" in the scene, you'd instead stick in the playerPronoun variable. And you'd have another one for boy/girl, maybe a larger one for one where the predator plays a bit with their prey (lapping at a boy's groin as opposed to gnawing on a girl's butt). It does mean a block of ifs at the very start of the code, but that's only done once, and then you just reference that variable each time.
Achenar
Participator

Re: A Prey Girl in a Boy's World Visual Novel Day 4 Update

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:11 pm

DAY 4 is up.
https://datstrudel.itch.io/a-prey-girl-in-a-boys-world
REQUIRES PASSWORD: apgiabw

See the initial post for details.
Let me know if there are bugs. And there will be bugs. I’m sorry, there’s so much script 8O

I'm tired now :D
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A Prey Girl in a Boy's World Visual Novel Day 4 Update

Postby Achenar » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:44 am

First one on the new road! And, uh... first one to find an issue.

I'm on the bellyslut route in this file, I apparently tripped the flag that causes you to consider whether Nate might be a good match for your mom, but when I talk to him and it seems like it's going to offer me a dialogue choice, instead I get an exception thrown. Here's the traceback:

File "game/script.rpy", line 4264, in script
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1642, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1004, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (scripy.rpy, line 4247)

I'm able to ignore it and continue, at least, but all the same.

Also, during the Occult Club scene, the character sprites aren't working right. If you feed Erica to the demon, Stormy suddenly moves in front of him during the swallowing text. Then Stormy moves over to where she was while the demon shows off his belly, but after their chat, he moves back to the right side of the screen, and suddenly Erica's there again.

Bonus oversight: after the Occult Club scene, if you fed the Prey Rights girl to the demon... you immediately run into Koki, who has said girl in his stomach. May need to do a rewrite to either skip that scene or put someone else in his gut. Or swap out who you give to the demon.
Achenar
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game