The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.1 - First Update!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.1 - First Update!

Postby Protium » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:17 am

PantsCommander wrote:
Spoiler: show
Protium wrote:
BoundedlyRational wrote:That image is a list of my backups. It is almost a 1:1 list of the days that I've worked on the game since the last update. Some of those folders represent only an hour of work, others several hours.

May I recommend version control software of some kind?

Git, TFS, Tortoise SVN, really anything is better than just manually saving files by yourself.

Each of those folders is only about 5 MB. The bulk of the game itself is contained in the "RPGVXAce Data" files (.rvdata2, just some proprietary file format), which aren't much bigger than text files. The main folder containing all of those "backup" folders is synced up to Google Drive and Mega. Every time I finish working on the game, I just copy the Data folder to that location. I have yet to need to pull anything out of these old saves. I'm less worried about version control as I am just ensuring that my most recent progress isn't lost - ensuring the files exist in multiple locations. I don't see this is as much of a hassle. That I'm even retaining those old folders is really just habit and curiosity - tracking the days I did something with the game. Realistically, I'm never going to need anything other than the most recent files. That said, I've never actually used any of the other software you mentioned; if you still think there'd be some merit in using one for what I'm doing that I'm unaware of, I'd be interested to hear which of the options you listed (or perhaps didn't list) is your favorite and why.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:29 am

Protium wrote:Each of those folders is only about 5 MB. The bulk of the game itself is contained in the "RPGVXAce Data" files (.rvdata2, just some proprietary file format), which aren't much bigger than text files. The main folder containing all of those "backup" folders is synced up to Google Drive and Mega. Every time I finish working on the game, I just copy the Data folder to that location. I have yet to need to pull anything out of these old saves. I'm less worried about version control as I am just ensuring that my most recent progress isn't lost - ensuring the files exist in multiple locations. I don't see this is as much of a hassle. That I'm even retaining those old folders is really just habit and curiosity - tracking the days I did something with the game. Realistically, I'm never going to need anything other than the most recent files. That said, I've never actually used any of the other software you mentioned; if you still think there'd be some merit in using one for what I'm doing that I'm unaware of, I'd be interested to hear which of the options you listed (or perhaps didn't list) is your favorite and why.

I would recommend version control (something like a basic git repository is very easy to set up and is free) for two main reasons.
A. You have a clear list of versions and major changes you can easily revert back to, if something you did broke something else, just jump back to just before that change was made and pushed.
B. It's a backup on the cloud. In my experience this is huge. Hardware failures happen, and this is a real easy way to protect against losing everything without having to store duplicate data across multiple physical hard drives.

So you've already got a kind of version control with your Google Drive/Mega setup. That pretty much fulfils reason B. It's just that dedicated version control software can make it much easier to manage, and help with reason A.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:27 pm

Protium wrote:Glad you're still playing despite it not appealing to your primary interests! Always happy to reach a wider audience. I'm curious - what part of the writing "intrigues" you? The story, the vore scenes, the NPCs and the world's ambience, the tone? Some combination of those or something else?
 A little bit of all of the above, I think? Hard to really pin down. (…Partially since it’s been a bit since I’ve poked at the game, admittedly.) Definitely looking forward to the next update to see where it goes from here, though.
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby LonerImortal » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:36 pm

for a first release you did a great job.
I like the way you made the story interesting and most NPCs really fun to interact (with some good jokes too) and also how lovely and detailed you made the map areas (SPECIALY the lake are)
it does give me the same feel that I got from Nyan Adventures and it's something that I really enjoyed and makes my hyped for what else you are going to make here.
that fact that most vore scenes are repeatable and assessible trough the combat encounters are definitely a plus :^D
I wonder, do you intend on making this game more linear story based or more "open world" kind of gameplay, because the fairy traps gives me the impression that I will always be able to go back to the "base" to collect something to use later, and also explore a lot of areas that doesn't seem to be at all related to the main quests (Like the WIP shore town on the south) but it's just a guess.
anyway, great job :^D
LonerImortal
Been posting for a bit

Postby AssumedPseudonym » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:42 am

On one of the other games I’ve found here on the forum, the dev is using Basic Window Resizer to scale the window up to about double the standard (and ridiculously tiny) RMVXA size. Might be worth poking at.
 Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
---

Postby Protium » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:45 pm

LonerImortal wrote:
for a first release you did a great job.
I like the way you made the story interesting and most NPCs really fun to interact (with some good jokes too) and also how lovely and detailed you made the map areas (SPECIALY the lake are)
it does give me the same feel that I got from Nyan Adventures and it's something that I really enjoyed and makes my hyped for what else you are going to make here.
that fact that most vore scenes are repeatable and assessible trough the combat encounters are definitely a plus :^D
I wonder, do you intend on making this game more linear story based or more "open world" kind of gameplay, because the fairy traps gives me the impression that I will always be able to go back to the "base" to collect something to use later, and also explore a lot of areas that doesn't seem to be at all related to the main quests (Like the WIP shore town on the south) but it's just a guess.
anyway, great job :^D

Glad you enjoyed the game and thank you for the kind words! The game will follow a rather linear overarching story, but I will use some elements of open world games in the sense that there will be side quests to complete, treasures to find, and characters to meet that are not required to progress the main story. The south shore town, for example, will be part of a side quest. That said though, the game is not going to be so open ended that every NPC leads to some elaborate scene, and I have no plans to add "survival" elements (think resource collection and management, hunger meters - things like that). So if that's what you had in mind when you said open world, I would say not to expect that to be a major part of the game.

AssumedPseudonym wrote: On one of the other games I’ve found here on the forum, the dev is using Basic Window Resizer to scale the window up to about double the standard (and ridiculously tiny) RMVXA size. Might be worth poking at.

I agree that the basic VX Ace window is tiny, and for a long time I was scratching my head on how to circumvent the engine's inherent limitations. I'll just say I've found something even better than that script ... the next update will be both bigger and better 8)
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fanyo11 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:58 pm

I like very much your game and I wondering when is the new update?
Fanyo11
New to the forum

Postby PhageEverLiving » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:00 pm

I'm liking this game, but I'm stuck on the cave. I previously got stuck looking for the carpenter, but found the answers in this thread. Now I'm stuck on looking for a way deeper. I found the room, and intuitively I thought that that would be enough for Oliver's blackmail, but apparently there's something different I need to find in the cave?
PhageEverLiving
New to the forum

Postby xsoul » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:56 pm

Nice :lol:
xsoul
Been posting for a bit

Postby NonamE1 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 pm

Is it dead?
NonamE1
Been posting for a bit

Postby BoundedlyRational » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 am

Just came back to this game after a while and I still marvel at how few player monstergirl pred games I've seen out there. This game really is pretty unique in that way.

I too hope it is not dead.
BoundedlyRational
New to the forum

Postby snowkid0011 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:02 am

This is a good game:) I love it.
(Beacause I can play with Lamia predatorXD)
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sharktooth » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:14 pm

hey? not to be rude but is this game dead? 2 years almost and no update... its so good but id love to play more!
Sharktooth
Been posting for a bit

Postby snowkid0011 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:42 pm

I love this game! :)
(Will we get "Breast Expansion mod or It is not "necessary update" ?)
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby snowkid0011 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:44 pm

NonamE1 wrote:Is it dead?

I hope not:S
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby IddlerItaler » Tue May 02, 2023 6:02 pm

Oh, goodness.

The scene in the tavern.

Usually vore games where you play as pred will have you eat your prey very summarily, sometimes even instantaneously.

I had been starving for a scene where you actually, properly played for your food. And I didn't realize that until I saw that scene.

The way you rapidly slip in through the door, close it behind you, and... just like that, the narrator acknowledges the girl's adventures are over. That was an immensely powerful line. And even then, Olivia isn't satisfied with just rushing ahead and gobbling her up. No, she gets her to talk, asking her questions and getting small talk going. Even as she starts coiling around her body, leisurely taking her time, she asks questions related to the adventurer's previous boasts, enjoying her reactions as much as she does her taste. She gives her rays of hopes, then a grim music starts playing as the lamia effortlessly swallows her, dignifying her as if SHE was the heroine of the game who had run into a bad end. And... as a final cherry on top, you can choose to masturbate with her in your body, and end up breaking one of her ribs in the process - to which Olivia's comment is either innocent or sadistic, depending on your view.

That scene was a godsend.

I do not know if you are going to continue this project or not, but either way thank you for this. :D
Last edited by IddlerItaler on Tue May 02, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

Postby Protium » Tue May 02, 2023 6:19 pm

Since the thread's been bumped multiple times anyway I should respond. The project is still active, I just haven't worked on it in several months. I still like playing around in RPG Maker and making this game. I've just been busy and have been focusing on other things. I am glad people are still interested in the game, even almost 2 years later (holy shit time moves fast ^^; ). I haven't been responding because I don't like "bumping" (I put that in quotes because responding to others isn't technically a bump on my part, but it still kinda feels that way) the thread above other newer, more active things. I also feel that a more active presence on my part might lead people to thinking that the game is under constant, frequent development and/or that the update is getting closer, which isn't always true. Eventually, friends.

IddlerItaler wrote:Oh, goodness.

The scene in the tavern.

Usually vore games where you play as pred will have you eat your prey very summarily, sometimes even instantaneously.

I had been starving for a scene where you actually, properly played for your food. And I didn't realize that until I saw that scene.

The way you rapidly slip in through the door, close it behind you, and... just like that, the girl's adventures are over. That was an immensely powerful line. And even then, Olivia isn't satisfied with just gobbling her up. No, she gets her to talk, asking her questions and getting small talk going. Even as she starts coiling around her body, leisurely taking her time, she asks questions related to the adventurer's previous boasts, enjoying her reactions as much as she does her taste. And... as a final cherry on top, you can choose to masturbate with her in your body, and end up breaking one of her ribs in the process - to which Olivia's comment is either innocent or sadistic, depending on your view.

That scene was a godsend.

I do not know if you are going to continue this project or not, but either way thank you for this. :D

Hehehe, glad you liked that scene.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby IddlerItaler » Tue May 02, 2023 6:40 pm

That's perfectly understandable. Truth to be told, when I first saw this game on the front page I assumed it was a brand new game fresh for testing, only later my SO would point out how it had been last updated on Mar 2022 - but either way, I don't regret finding this one bit.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

Postby snowkid0011 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:27 pm

It is sad:'(
I loved it:'(
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:35 pm

Any info about progress? it have been 4 almost 4 months and I really loved project.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game