The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.1 - First Update!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.0 - First Release!

Postby Zond » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:05 am

A good start!
I enjoyed it, waiting for updates :gulp:

waiting of non-lethal and UB scenes would be nice) :silly:
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:59 am

Pleasantly surprised by this. Loved the writing. Main character is great. I love naga anyway, and she's such a great pred. Really looking forward to more with the green haired girl in the prison. Bind and Dazed don't seem to do much. Is the treasure hunt completable?
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Observer888 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:42 am

Great start
I hope option to release some prey gets added
Observer888
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dotsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:47 am

I quite liked it. not many scenes but deffinently gives me nyan adventures vibes good job.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby Zond » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:08 am

any updates?
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:35 am

With a kink list like that and the somewhat uncommon Disposal among them you have my interest.

As a fellow RPGMaker dev of lewd vore games I will be watching your progress with great interest (Insert picture of Palpatine here).
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Zathalos » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:24 pm

I think i found a bug!

when i try poop in the bucket (To help that alchemist girl) when the scat scene is done Olivia just walks onto the bucket and then it freezes. (was 30% full having digested the inn adventurer if that matters)
Zathalos
New to the forum

Postby Chronicle » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Wow! I have only just completed going to the inn and getting info, but the adventurer scene in there was amazing! You really get what makes lamia great preds, I can't wait to play more and see what will be added in the future!

It would be nice if using the wrap special did damage over time, though if thats an upgrade later nvm.
Chronicle
New to the forum

Postby letmeinn0w » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:12 am

I think I found a bug.

After clearing the main story, I ate a fire fairy in the meadow, and then fought a giant hornet that poisoned me. While I was still poisoned, I fought another fire fairy, but after I defeated her, I got the "you're lucky I'm full" message and wasn't able to eat her, even though there was nothing else in my stomach other than the first fire fairy.

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by letmeinn0w on Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
letmeinn0w
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:17 pm

Alright, I think it's about time I responded to all the comments! Thank you all for the kind words, feedback, and bug reports. I plan to respond to these comments as thoroughly as needed, so sit down for a bit of reading, haha! Without further ado:

Olivine wrote:Well done on this first release!
It seems like you've put a good amount of thought, time, and effort into this project. :)

I've got very little to nit-pick about on the writing side of things; it's true to your inspiration in the best of ways.
Your characters are well conveyed, and you're not shying away from writing "out of the comfort zone"; I appreciate that.
Probably some of the more engaging scene writing among similar projects, I'm being honest. Refreshing.

As a game built on RMVX, things are a bit less rosy, but still competent:
- Combat in particular stands out as needing attention in the balance department. It's a bit flip-floppy and very time intensive as of this writing.
Early encounters with no resources are brutal, later encounters with an overabundance of resources are trivial but drawn out and thus grindy; the chapter boss took about the same time to clear as a generic 3 mob encounter.
All of this to say, Olivia doesn't quite feel like a powerful Lamia when she cannot in fact defeat a giant hornet with one swipe of her tail. :wink:
- Good use of script calls and common events in eventing, though there is always room to make things easier to tweak down the line.
- Creative use of events in level design (I haven't seen a functional bridge in a while), and it's mostly good looking level design at that (if a bit maze-like due to the nature of VX's screen-space).

Some sort of map escape skill (or shortcuts) would be appreciated with maps this large and labyrinthian?

You've piqued my attention, so I'll be keeping an eye on this project.
Best of luck! :D

Thank you for leaving the very first comment!

- I'm glad you enjoyed the game - particularly the writing. I think it's evident that that's my strong suit. RPG maker just has such a low skill barrier to entry (in terms of coding and artistic capabilities) that made it an obvious choice for what I wanted to do - tell a story in a world where vore just happens to be a thing. You can let your writing shine in this engine without having to, you know, actually make the engine, haha.

- That said, your criticisms are much appreciated. Since others commented on the combat as well, I'll just let it be known here that I will be adjusting the combat. I wasn't able to fully put myself in the perspective of the player, especially considering that I know the intricacies of the enemies and their movesets. I guess I had the belief that there must be at least some element of "challenge" to the game's combat (at all times), or else it wouldn't be as "engaging", maybe? The contradiction you pointed out between my writing in the hornet battle and the reality of Olivia's strength also went completely over my head. I guess I was preemptively preparing for later in the game when she would in fact be powerful enough to one shot things, but that isn't particularly good design, is it? With all that you and the others have said about the combat, I do think it will be much more convincing if Olivia's strength is accurately depicted. You're playing as a lamia after all, why shouldn't you steamroll everything? Some fights (such as boss battles and such) won't be total pushovers, but smaller things like hornets and bunny girls shouldn't give Olivia nearly as much trouble in the future. I think the game will be much better with this more cohesive union between writing and gameplay.

- Thank you for the praise regarding the common events systems, I spent a lot of time on them, making sure they would work just as I wanted them to! I've tried to keep everything pretty modular, so that I can just write a new scene / dialogue and stick it into the list as needed. And since you mentioned common events, I assume you have some familiarity with the engine as well. Not sure if you took a little peak into the game, but in case anyone was wondering, I have no qualms with people looking at how I put things together using your own copy of the RPG Maker VXAce program. Draw inspiration from my work! The only reason I have the project file encrypted right now is to make it slightly more inconvenient to look inside since there are still a few spoilers that aren't in the game yet (heheheh).

- I'm surprised the bridge was the thing that stuck with you, haha! I just made that on a whim after watching a short YouTube tutorial. But yes, I am proud of the level design, and am glad you liked it. Another comment mentioned the large maps, and since I've already put so much here, I'll respond to your request for shortcuts when I get to that comment.

Glad you'll be watching the game's progress - until the next update!
Last edited by Protium on Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:38 pm

VVVx wrote:This seems very good for a first release, but I agree that the combat encounters are very frustrating. Using a potion + the five mid-potions wasn't enough to beat the boss battle, and the second round I had no items to heal with after dying. I also may have missed it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to buy healing items you can actually use in battle, nor is there a way to restore MP.

Thanks for playing the game and for the feedback! As I mentioned in my reply to the comment above yours, I'll change the combat around in the next update. And I think you might have been the only one that mentioned it, but yeah I definitely recognize the abysmal choice on my part to lock the player in the cave before the boss fight. The story I had written up to that point made me feel like I couldn't just let Olivia slither away from the fight, you know? One of those gaming moments where you're staring down the big bad guy, and just go "Oh wait, hold up, lemme go buy some shit." But that's just how games work. I'll probably remove that element of the game, or at least give you a way to get more items right before the fight. And I believe someone else responded to you, but there are several ways to buy healing items (Kald stand, Kald shop, and apothecary in the plains).

Drooling Pred wrote:This has quite a lot of polish for an initial release. Looking forward to more.

Echoing a point that has already been raised, only having items and inns to fall back on is a bit frustrating for a game with random encounters. Hornets drained quite a lot of health when trying to grind, even when trying to run. I think the escape chance is a function of AGI, so dodgy enemies also become difficult to avoid?

You use very large maps. I'd like to have default run active, I was holding shift for almost the entirety of the game.
Digestion takes quite a long time. Which is fine except that digesting is a means of getting all-important exp. Could we move digestion forward a few states by resting? On the other hand, I really appreciate that we can stomach multiple prey.

I was only able to find 4 pred scenes, two in the story and two via combat. I assume there is some way of eating the adventurer in the inn, or the girl in the prison, but I couldn't find a way to interact with either scene.

You bring up an excellent point about healing. In Nyan Adventures, you were automatically healed after every fight, which is very convenient. I have absolutely NO idea why I didn't think of this before, but in the next update I'll add a system that makes it so that Olivia heals as she digests her prey! Perfect for a game like this, I think.

THE MAPS

Alright, here we go. My maps! I'll preface this by saying that I absolutely love games like Minecraft and Terraria. I love building environments for others to explore, and RPG Maker is perfect for that. My inspiration for making these large maps is threefold:
1) Make the world feel unique. A lot of RPG Maker maps are uninspired, bland, and don't really convince you that you're in a rich world full of people to meet and places to explore. I want my world to feel like that, becaaaause ...
2) ... it ultimately lends believability to the characters and their actions. If the world feels more real, so too will the characters' actions and decisions. For a vore game, I want that vore dynamic to be more impactful. Anything I can do to achieve that is worth doing.
3) It gives the player more things to do!

And I just love designing maps, especially outdoor/nature environments. (My favorite map so far is probably the Serenity Foothills)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'll look into giving you the option to autorun. I personally don't mind holding shift or whatever other key you have run bound to, but I can see how some might. My only worry is that it'll mess up events where the player has a scripted move route. I'll have to play around with it to see if it's feasible (I really don't want to have to rework every scene that's already in the game).

I also plan on adding little events that allow you to fast travel to the other end of a large map (as was requested in the other comment). Once you get to the end of a big map for the first time, I'll just switch a little glowing light on and you can talk to it whenever. That seems like a simple but effective solution.

Digestion does take a long time. I'll look into making sleeping/resting a way to expedite the process. I'm glad you appreciate the multiple prey thing, that almost wasn't in the game until one day I said "What the fuck am I doing? She's a lamia, why can't she eat multiple prey?"

I'll add a scene list to the original post! Check it out if you still haven't found all the scenes.

picadelio wrote:Will have to echo what most everyone else said: writing was very charming, Olivia is fun to read, and the game feels very polished. Although, combat is a bit tough starting out, and the chapter boss necessitates buying items in advance (can't just rely on the potions given to you prior to the fight). Especially since you need to reload save to retain your items if you lose. Default run also would be nice. Altogether, looking forward to future updates!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed Olivia's character!

princedrake wrote:Where is the boss?

The chapter boss should be pretty easy to find if you follow the story. I tried to make it relatively easy to follow, but if anyone still needs it:
Spoiler: show
After playing through the intro and doing Olivia's chores around the lake, go to Kald (small town by northern coast) then go to the jail to find Oliver. Go to the inn to get info about the cave, and then go to the cave. Find the carpenter in the lower left of Kald to get him to build the bridge, then descend into the cave to find the boss.

ripleysonic wrote:That was really enjoyable. I play around on it for 3 hours definitely enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:53 pm

vgove wrote:can you put it on mediafire for thoes that can not use mega

This is pretty important. I forgot that some people can't use certain download sites. I'll look into putting the game up on mediafire after I'm done with the first update. Thank you for requesting this.

VigorousJazzHands wrote:I was quite surprised and impressed by this! I agree with a lot of what other people have said regarding the combat. It's just a bit too punishing especially in the starting areas.

The writing was really all around fantastic. I love Olivia as a character, and a lot of the pred scenes were exceptionally well written.

I also really appreciate the time & effort put into the digestion & disposal system. As someone who also loved this feature from Nyan Adventures, what you've done with it here is just adding to and building something excelent on top of an already great system, adding variations & a system for multiple prey being digested at once.

As far as constructive critisism, I feel like while the focus of the game is and should be on Olivia as a pred considering she is a Lamia, I think the potential for a couple more player-as-prey scenes would have been nice. As well as including optional disposal for these too. Perhaps future player characters could be more prey focused to mix it up a bit in future updates.

All in all though, what you've got here is a very solid, polished foundation and start of something that with a lot more time & effort could end up being fantastic, on the level of Nyan Adventures, Forest Monster or God Complex. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Yeah, combat will get adjusted. See the other replies I left.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed Olivia and the pred scenes, I tried to give some real impact and length to them, while also making each one unique in its own way. At least in my eyes, I feel like I succeeded.

Glad you enjoyed the digestion system! Halcyon did some great work with Nyan Adventures!, and it's still one of my favorite games on the site. Part of what I love about the system so much is that it emphasizes writing (my strongest skill when it comes to game making, other than perhaps RPG Maker level design/mapping), which is why I felt like it would be best suited for the game I was making.

There will definitely be many more pred scenes in the future! AND prey scenes! Your comment about "future player characters" is interesting. Other player characters? Prey focused player characters? You didn't look into the game did you? Heh ... heheheheh ...

Aickavon12 wrote:Too many bagpipes. Too much SCOOOOOOOOOTLAAAAAAAAAAAND

Ahahahahaha! Lmao, I'm so glad someone found that stupid easter egg. I fully plan on loading this game up with memes and more stupid shit like that in the future. Be on the look out~

princedrake wrote:well does any way to get out that green hair girl from that prison

No way to right now, but maybe in a later update ... ~

Ryuu27 wrote:Ooooh, a game where we play a Lamia ? I approve ^^; . We need more games where we play monster-girls no humanoids :gulp:
I think just digestion is good, but the same text is repeated too much, resulting in a scene that is too long.

I agree 100%, I was waiting for a game with player as lamia pred for so long. After awhile it never came, so I said fuck it and did it myself, haha. Lamias are best monster girls, all other opinions are factually wrong~

Digestion scenes need to follow a formulaic pattern (30 text blocks per scene). I will never write 30 different paragraphs for a single scene (aside from maybe some very special story scenes), so text needs to be repeated at times. Often it's the bland, basic text like "Olivia's meal continues to flow through her tail stomach *gurgle*". I'll look into making ways to speed up digestion, like the previous comment requested, such as sleeping. Hopefully that will be a sufficient fix for what you're looking for.

princedrake wrote:well i finish the story, now im just have to wait for another update :)

Glad to hear it! More content will come eventually~
Last edited by Protium on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:08 pm

Beaney wrote:Hey, just finished what you've produced so far. Not bad at all, great stuff!

Personally, I didn't have any issues with the content or combat, my only loss was to the boss, which feels as it should be really. It feels like you've put a lot of effort into everything there in terms of the maps, mechanics, the dialogue/scenes and the story.

Basically, just keep doing what you're doing, will be interested to see what you add next!

Thank you! I didn't have too much issue with the combat either (but I made the game, heh). Nonetheless, there definitely seems to be a general consensus to change the combat, and I also really like the idea now of Olivia being a properly fearsome lamia. So the combat will change.

Hope you enjoy what's to come!

maxicrack wrote:I loved the game so far!

I only encountered one issue, and that is that when I went to scare the drunken sailor, he phased through walls running away.
Scene still played out, though, so no gamebreakers I could find!

That's interesting, I never encountered that bug. While he's running away up the stairs, he disappears, but this is just to simulate him going up the stairs. You know, "transferring" between maps - downstairs and upstairs. If he truly went into the walls for you, it may have been because you were mashing through the text too fast. If he was set on a certain movement route and then you finished a block of text before he finished his movement, it may have called a different movement path for him, sending him through a wall (If that makes sense. RPG maker people will know what I mean). I'll look into it, but as long as it's not game breaking I'm fine with it, haha!

Souls6 wrote:I won't play it for now because I loathe disposal, but I can't wait to.

Yes, I know there's a lot of people that don't prefer disposal. Although it's my personal preference to have it in, I want nothing than for the game to reach the widest audience possible. The non-disposal option will be a part of the first update (wheeeenever that comes out ^^; )

equino wrote:Hint: For those of you that have only found 4 pred scenes, you guys must be too chicken to try all the options...

This is a good hint! Hopefully it helped some people. For any interested, I will add a current scene list as a spoiler to the main post. Check there if you still couldn't find everything.

NonamE1 wrote:Nice project. The storyline, characters, dialogues, graphics and mechanics. Absolutely everything in this game is just wonderful. I found all the scenes and all of them were exciting. really well described from the beginning to the very end. :D I explored absolutely all the available locations and talked to all the NPCs. I just couldn't tear myself away from the game. The reference to Raid was very unexpected. :-D Judging by what we have now, this is the birth of a new legend. I strongly believe that one day this masterpiece will not only equal but also surpass Nyan Adventures. Thank you for a great time. I look forward to continuing.

Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed the NPCs and world-building, and not just the main story / vore scenes. As I said in my comment about my maps, I want the world to feel alive. Writing dialogue and such for NPCs is a great way to do that and to also introduce some humor. I know not everyone will take the time to explore around and talk to everyone, but for those that do, I want to make it worth it for them.

Your kind words about the future of the game are very appreciated! I have most of the story already played out in my head, and really really want to see it realized. It's just me working on the game, and so it will take some time, but I've got big plans :wink:

EmilyNidHoggr wrote:This is fun, what I've seen of it so far, but I'm stuck in the cave because there's supposed to be one more item for Oliver and I've run around looking at every object in the entire complex and none of them are pick-up-able.

Sorry about that being a bit ambiguous. I believe other people helped you out, but yeah one of the items was in the second room. I don't think I'll change that particular scene, but I'll keep this in mind for future puzzles/events and whatnot.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:31 pm

forumlurker wrote:I really like the game so far as well! You might draw in more people if you posted a few screenshots in the OP as well.

With the apparant new ways of making money, combat seems doable, but it's still pretty annoying. The bats especially are very difficult to hit with them having a chance to blind you further. Just because of that, combat doesn't become hard if you bring enough potions, but just annoying and longwinded. It's not like you can fight smarter. Your special abilities can miss, are very expensive mana wise and you can't stock up enough magic water to bring for the entire dungeon. I was lvl 8 when I finished the first chapter. Is it intended that the "boss" does not give any exp after disposal?

Apart from that, the scenes and writing are top notch! I really like it all so far and can't wait to see more. I too can't find all scenes, despite me I think trying all dialogue options I found so far?

I don't mind the large maps and random encounters, as long as you really have the resources to keep going. Grinding too much won't be fun to play either. But again, in such cases enemies that keep blinding and evading you are the biggest annoyances for me in this case. Some maps could use an indication on whether you can do something already. For example, the harpy landed on the map to the east, but I can't find her again. Apart from a chest in the cave, I don't think anything can be done there? But I'm not sure. I assume the same holds true for the frog girl that sort off stole your catch of the day. With all the writing and impressive maps you made (my specific compliments on making a map of the village specifically to show the feast) putting in some more scenes in the current areas might not be a bad idea. So, overall; great job! If combat is a bit more balanced this would be up to the level of Halcyon's game or perhaps even better!

If someone has a list of all scenes and on how to get them, I gladly hear it.

This comment raises an important point of screenshots. Visually, the game is mostly just default RPG Maker graphics (with some custom tilesets/sprites). I didn't really know what would make a good, appealing screenshot. I was considering asking for donations to put into a commission fund, to get artwork made specifically for the game. I don't particularly want a money trail that leads back to me though, and even if I did do this the game and its updates would always be free. So it's a tossup still if you'll ever see screenshots in the OP or artwork in the game (don't get me wrong though - I would love for the game to have custom art / CGs).

The final boss disposal scene not giving EXP is actually an oversight! Thank you for pointing it out.

Glad you liked the writing! Check the OP for the scene list.

The scenes you mentioned in the forest with the harpy and frog were actually a different type of storytelling on my part. I could have just said "Olivia coiled up under the tree and waited for Oliver to arrive. She waited and waited, but he was a no-show." But notice how that entire scene had no dialogue, yet there was so much happening. That was just to show that time was passing, and to show you the things that were happening in the forest (with a bit of humor, as these things directly played off of Olivia's chores). Show, not tell! Since I'm limited visually, I feel like I'm often forced to "tell". I mean the game revolves around my writing, haha! I was actually pretty proud of that little sequence because I didn't need to say anything. All that said though, I'm not sure how I might better give an indication of where there are vore scenes and where there aren't, other than to provide a scene list. You do make a good point though. Ultimately I just think that there will be times where something happens that might seem like that it leads to a scene but it just doesn't. Olivia can't get all the cuties out there, you know?

As for the areas where there is seemingly nothing to do, that is on me. I want there to be lots of nooks and crannies to explore, but didn't have time to fully populate them before the first release. Eventually, I plan for there to be things to do in all these places.

Glad you liked the first release! Stay tuned for more.

Memester1234 wrote:
Could somebody post screenshots so I can get an idea of the game's graphics and content? Are there images or sprite changes during the vore scenes or are they implied through text only?

Asafen wrote:Relatively standard RPGMaker graphics, and no vore pictures, just text, though the sprites move in the game world during most of the scenes.
Memester1234 wrote:Could somebody post screenshots so I can get an idea of the game's graphics and content? Are there images or sprite changes during the vore scenes or are they implied through text only?

Just as Asafen said, the game has mostly standard RPG Maker graphics and the action is implied via my writing. As I mentioned in a reply to another comment above, I would love for there to be pictures/art in the game, but that costs $$$ that I don't have to spend on commissions for a free game. Such is the way of things.

Adas wrote:Reaally good game, best wishes to author!
Meanwhile...
Can we do something about the girl in the jail? And maybe guide for all scenes (already been found adventure girl, alchemist, undine and fairies)

Thank you! I plan on adding a scene with the girl in the jail in the second update! Stay tuned for that~

radiogenicvore wrote:Damn this is a really good game. I haven't been as excited to follow the progress of a game since Nyan Adventures released it's first chapter.
I've gone around bug hunting on many games on this site, and some off site, the most common bug I ever find is being able to walk into a wall from a decorated tile. Usually there are many of those such instances, the only one that I caught here was going from a leaf pile to the three tile wide cliff by the east exit of kald. These may have been one other instance, but I didn't make note of it so I'm not sure, I've a feeling it was in one of the incomplete areas though.
I agree with Adas here, a guide for all scenes would be a nice touch. Would be a good place to turn to to see if some things are even possible instead of wasting time trying. (like trying to get the bunny parents out of the house)

Since you mentioned it, I will fix that specific tile bug just for you, haha! And yeah, in an ideal world this game would be 100% open ended for Olivia to exact her stomach's will on anyone she sees, but that just isn't feasible. If anything, take the bunny girl in the house as a lesson that she can't always get what she wants~
(and also eating her would break a certain agreement she made with a certain mayor at the end of the chapter soooo ^^; )

Other than that I'm glad you enjoyed the game! More to come!

princedrake wrote:does anyone found that treasure from that map

Glad you pointed this out! That's a part of a currently unfinished quest. The first real side quest, to be exact! That will come out with the second update.
Last edited by Protium on Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:45 pm

somedude601 wrote:Honestly for a first release, this is REALLY well done. Just the interactions with the merchants and guards in that one camp, which you may not even go to shows the effort that went into it. I really really hope you don't let this fall to the wayside like so many promising vore RPGs. I really think this could stand among the greats like Mysta's and Nyan Adventures if you keep at it. Looking forward to what comes next!

Thanks for the kind words! And I'm glad you found that merchant camp. It not only served as a world building opportunity, but notice how two of the merchants also indirectly provide some important information about Olivia's physiology. Some info that people may find interesting, but that you have to deliberately seek out. Things like that are important for games, I think.

No-One wrote:Hornets are WAY too tanky for something that is literally described in game as able to be killed with a single hit.

See my reply to the first comment. They won't be as bad in the future, though I do think I might make a rare, special enemy type to commemorate the once mighty hornet. The alpha hornet ...

Zond wrote:A good start!
I enjoyed it, waiting for updates :gulp:

waiting of non-lethal and UB scenes would be nice) :silly:

Thank you! I can't make any promises as to when you might see scenes like that, but I'm definitely *not* against putting them in the game. It's just that my preference (in case it wasn't already abundantly obvious) is good old vanilla OV ^^;

Zomulgustar wrote:Pleasantly surprised by this. Loved the writing. Main character is great. I love naga anyway, and she's such a great pred. Really looking forward to more with the green haired girl in the prison. Bind and Dazed don't seem to do much. Is the treasure hunt completable?

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the writing and Olivia's character! I agree completely, nagas/lamias are the ultimate preds. The only sensible choice for best monster girl~
Green haired girl will eventually have her scene realized. You're also right that Bind/wrap doesn't really do much. I felt that way too, even in my testing, but didn't have time to fix it. I'll see what I can do for the second update.
Treasure hunt is currently NOT finished. That's part of the first sidequest (coming in the second update).

Observer888 wrote:Great start
I hope option to release some prey gets added

Thank you! Not sure if Olivia would ever want to release the meals she worked hard to catch, so I don't know if we'll ever see nonfatal prey release. Although it's not my preference, I'm not against writing a scene like that (there's very little I wouldn't mind writing). That said, if we ever do see a scene like that, there might only be a couple throughout the whole game.

Dotsu wrote:I quite liked it. not many scenes but deffinently gives me nyan adventures vibes good job.

Thank you! Nyan was definitely a huge inspiration. There will be many more scenes in the future!

Zond wrote:any updates?

Ahahaha ... nope!

DarkPinkie wrote:With a kink list like that and the somewhat uncommon Disposal among them you have my interest.

As a fellow RPGMaker dev of lewd vore games I will be watching your progress with great interest (Insert picture of Palpatine here).

Thank you so much! I love Predator's Coliseum, so it's great to get recognition from a dev from that game. You guys keep up the good work, looking forward to your next update! :D
Last edited by Protium on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Zathalos wrote:I think i found a bug!

when i try poop in the bucket (To help that alchemist girl) when the scat scene is done Olivia just walks onto the bucket and then it freezes. (was 30% full having digested the inn adventurer if that matters)

Yep, that definitely sounds like a game breaking bug ^^;
I'll look into why that's happening. Thanks for the report!

Chronicle wrote:Wow! I have only just completed going to the inn and getting info, but the adventurer scene in there was amazing! You really get what makes lamia great preds, I can't wait to play more and see what will be added in the future!

It would be nice if using the wrap special did damage over time, though if thats an upgrade later nvm.

Thank you for the kind words! I also really enjoyed how the inn adventurer scene turned out. And that's actually a good suggestion for the wrap/bind skill. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

letmeinn0w wrote:I think I found a bug.

After clearing the main story, I ate a fire fairy in the meadow, and then fought a giant hornet that poisoned me. While I was still poisoned, I fought another fire fairy, but after I defeated her, I got the "you're lucky I'm full" message and wasn't able to eat her, even though there was nothing else in my stomach other than the first fire fairy.

Keep up the good work!

That's actually not a bug, but I'm surprised no one else asked about it until now, so in case anyone else was wondering:
With the way I've written the digestion scenes, if Olivia were to eat two or more of the same type of prey, the same digestion text would be displayed for both/all of them, which would be pretty confusing. Therefore, Olivia can only have one of each type of prey at a time. Consider her a girl that likes some variety in her diet~
Maybe I'll eventually work out a way to allow her to just feast on nothing but fairies, but for now she's limited to one of each at a time. Thanks for bringing that up, I don't think I mentioned that anywhere in-game either.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Protium » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:18 pm

With all of the comments finally replied to, it's time to announce my plans for the coming updates!

Planned Update V0.1.1 - The "Should have been there at launch" Update!

Changes:
  • Optional disposal.
  • Combat rebalancing. Postponed until V0.1.2
  • A different mirror to download the game (probably mediafire).
  • Necessary bug fixes.
  • File management. Removing a large amount of unused files to reduce download size significantly.

This update will not contain any new content, so if you already played V0.1.0 and were satisfied, you won't need to play V0.1.1. New content will come in the update after that.
Soon (TM) ? Released on 2/05/22

Planned Update V0.1.2 - The "First Content Update" Update!

Changes:
  • Several new vore scenes.
  • Several new disposal scenes.
  • Polishing chapter 1 content in general - finishing incomplete areas and adding relevant dialogue to NPCs to reflect story progress.
  • The first side quest!
  • Adding other new features and feedback suggestions.
  • Adding replayability to chapter 1 boss battle.
  • Adding a proper quest log to the game via a script some smart person wrote (will probably replace the current Olivia's Journal key item).
  • Bug fixes.
No ETA

Planned Update V0.2.0 - ?????

Changes:
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
Heheheh ...
Last edited by Protium on Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zond » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:33 am

Hooray, you're alive!!
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rhakark » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:45 am

I'm apparently stupid because after going in the cave and pushing over the cross, I cannot figure out a way to progress further. Last I remember it said try to find someone who can help, but was pretty sure I've talked to everyone now.
Rhakark
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chronicle » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:12 pm

So, just finished the first chapter, and I have to say, it was all amazing! The boss fight was a nice challenge (was lvl 7 at the time), and I found all the scenes I believe(The two elves, fairy, bunny, adventurer, and boss), all of which were great, and the sprinkled in dark moments of them makes it amazing. Glad to see you replying to everyone and plan to make combat feel more oomph, since a 500 kg tail being whipped at you shouldn't be really survivable for prey (given the speed snakes can move their bodies irl and the weight of her tail, buildings might have issues resisting that amount of force.) That scene with the traveling merchant sizing up Olivia did remind me, is that she isn't venomous. I really do like venomous lamia, and was hoping it to be something I would be seeing here, but I am more than pleased with everything so far and will simply urge you to continue your good work.

Now, suggestions:
1. After finding the fairy, the first thing I tried to do was stuff myself with 20 of them and have a nice little flight of fairies in my belly, which to my dissapointment I couldn't do. I'm guessing this is due to you only having written having one type of prey at a time, or a limitation of the script. Perhaps implimenting a multiple option when going for the meal can work? (I'm going to eat you!; I'm going to eat you and your friends!; Nah, you can go) and after selecting the multiple option you can hunt and stuff yourself silly with them until your stomach is full or you leave the area, where the script for having multiple fairies is then played instead of the single fairy. Same thing for the bunny girls. Either way, I was disspointed I couldn't make full use of my status as a lamia.

2. In the jail, it was mentioned that her tail was around the corner still, which doesn't reflect well with the sprite as is. While I had the visual in my head just fine, it could be interesting if she had her tail on the map following her. This could probably be done using the follower system as they follow you like a snake lol. Add on like, 4-5 followers as the tail, maybe even see if you can add slithering animation and (I haven't ever made a game in RPG maker so I don't know about this last one) add sprites for her making turns with bends in the tail and you would have a very convincing lamia. Maybe even make the tail sections reflect her stomach state of how full she is, I've seen other games moodify sprites with bellies. I understand from reading your post you are far more a writer than an artist (same boat here) but I will suggest this anyways to possibly try.

3. A very minor ask thats entirely personal, maybe link her size to her level? A more powerful lamia is typically a larger and longer lamia, and it would be nice to have her stomach capacity increase as she got better and better, and as future expansions roll through with more prey to devour, it would be amusing to be an alpha predator and fit them all in Olivia at once.

4. The digestion rate definitly needs to be sped up. I had Olivia consume the adventurer girl twice along with a few faries, and was still gurgling her away the second time when I went to fight the boss. It was only after the boss and finding the alchemy hut that I discovered that passing prey grants you exp. Also, it may just be my memory exaggerating, but for a time her stomach was stuck on bringing the adventurer down to half health and dissolviong the fairy's tunic, so maybe that was a bug (or unfortunate rng if this is a randomized process)? I kept getting the same message for a long time.

And thats all! I loved the game, 10/10 writing, and I look forwards to finding the skeeving Oliver again, that man makes me laugh.
Chronicle
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game