Retale: Checkmate

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale: Checkmate

Postby Codexwakia » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:00 pm

couple of bugs to report,

first in the mine area where you push the minecart to break the rock if you accidently click the minecart a second time it will essentially freeze the game.

also slopes are dangerous, if you walk up a slope and a foodle is at the top of said slope you somehow stand on top of said foodle and are stuck in place until it decides to move.

if you feed tour companions foodles there are certain cutscenes that will crash the game( the queens speech in the mine was where I encountered this, ava had a fully bloated belly.) I think its just missing an image.

(this next one is more of a question than a bug I think) I never lost a fight against a boss and only 3 of them are showing up in the scene review area the pawn, bishop , and castle. was I supposed to loose to the others to unlock their scenes?
Codexwakia
Been posting for a bit

Postby Retale » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:20 pm

Codexwakia wrote:couple of bugs to report,

first in the mine area where you push the minecart to break the rock if you accidently click the minecart a second time it will essentially freeze the game.

also slopes are dangerous, if you walk up a slope and a foodle is at the top of said slope you somehow stand on top of said foodle and are stuck in place until it decides to move.

if you feed tour companions foodles there are certain cutscenes that will crash the game( the queens speech in the mine was where I encountered this, ava had a fully bloated belly.) I think its just missing an image.

(this next one is more of a question than a bug I think) I never lost a fight against a boss and only 3 of them are showing up in the scene review area the pawn, bishop , and castle. was I supposed to loose to the others to unlock their scenes?

Still need to fix the foodle slope one. The other have been fixed in the new V5 update...

About the scene that crashed during the queen speech, I don't think its to do with foodle consumption. I think that scene just crashed if you skip through dialogue too fast I believe...It had crashed for me a few times in testing but I added wait triggers that should of stopped this. Try playing through that scene again slower maybe?

If by other bosses you mean Circe? She doesn't have a replayable scene just yet.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midgetman176 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 pm

I keep getting an error that says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null" and I don't know how to fix it if anyone knows how to fix please help cause I really want to play the game and it keeps stopping me
Midgetman176
New to the forum

Postby Achenar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:35 pm

Midgetman176 wrote:I keep getting an error that says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null" and I don't know how to fix it if anyone knows how to fix please help cause I really want to play the game and it keeps stopping me

This type of error means that a variable isn't being properly loaded. The code is trying to use some aspect of that variable, but the variable doesn't actually exist. To narrow down an error like that, the programmer needs to know what variable isn't being loaded, so: where are you getting this error, and under what circumstances? For example, does it happen when you try to talk to someone? When you enter a specific screen? When you enter a battle in a specific place?
Achenar
Participator

Postby Achenar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:55 pm

seth270 wrote:how do you save Scratch from the hedge?

Spoiler: show
You have to deliberately be eaten by one of the treasure chests (just keep clicking on them). Scratch is in the area they send you to; talk to him a few times, then check each wall until you find the hidden enemy. Defeat it, and both your party and Scratch will be released.
Achenar
Participator

Postby Midgetman176 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 pm

Achenar wrote:
Midgetman176 wrote:I keep getting an error that says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'width' of null" and I don't know how to fix it if anyone knows how to fix please help cause I really want to play the game and it keeps stopping me

This type of error means that a variable isn't being properly loaded. The code is trying to use some aspect of that variable, but the variable doesn't actually exist. To narrow down an error like that, the programmer needs to know what variable isn't being loaded, so: where are you getting this error, and under what circumstances? For example, does it happen when you try to talk to someone? When you enter a specific screen? When you enter a battle in a specific place?

it mainly happens right before I start falling into the game world like after the dialogue that happen after the ?? phone call and its happend with the big crystal after the first fight with the metal dragon
Midgetman176
New to the forum

Postby seth270 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:07 am

Achenar wrote:
seth270 wrote:how do you save Scratch from the hedge?

You have to deliberately be eaten by one of the treasure chests (just keep clicking on them). Scratch is in the area they send you to; talk to him a few times, then check each wall until you find the hidden enemy. Defeat it, and both your party and Scratch will be released.

ah alright thanks
seth270
Participator

Postby Etherthedrake » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:32 am

I absolutely love this game. It just clicked with me. I've always been a fan of vorish RPGs, but I never found that special spark that I was looking for.. Checkmate, however, was probably up there with the best vore games I've played. The style it's presented in, the abundant amount of player prey scenes, and a rather light tone to being defeated made it quite an enjoyable experience for me. In my opinion, the monsters are adorable, distinct, and in some cases, pretty wacky for the lack of a better word, the npcs are simple and lovable, the fights aren't particularly challenging so it's easy to pick up... I could go on and on about it, really. So to avoid rambling on about how much I love it, I'll just say that this is worth a full playthrough. There's even a few things that you can find past the final boss!
Overall, I didn't find any bugs on my path, and I don't really have anything to suggest (aside maybe more willing player descriptions, as a reward for beating the game?). Just wanted to drop my two cents and say that I enjoyed it. I have yet to finish all the quests, but the main storyline I completed.

Keep up the good work!
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:46 am

Etherthedrake wrote:I absolutely love this game. It just clicked with me. I've always been a fan of vorish RPGs, but I never found that special spark that I was looking for.. Checkmate, however, was probably up there with the best vore games I've played. The style it's presented in, the abundant amount of player prey scenes, and a rather light tone to being defeated made it quite an enjoyable experience for me. In my opinion, the monsters are adorable, distinct, and in some cases, pretty wacky for the lack of a better word, the npcs are simple and lovable, the fights aren't particularly challenging so it's easy to pick up... I could go on and on about it, really. So to avoid rambling on about how much I love it, I'll just say that this is worth a full playthrough. There's even a few things that you can find past the final boss!
Overall, I didn't find any bugs on my path, and I don't really have anything to suggest (aside maybe more willing player descriptions, as a reward for beating the game?). Just wanted to drop my two cents and say that I enjoyed it. I have yet to finish all the quests, but the main storyline I completed.

Keep up the good work!

Wow thanks for the amazing positive feedback! Thank you so much for playing!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby willofwii » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:21 am

Just finished the game and I have to say I absolutely love it!

After playing retail 1 and 2 I feel the shift to 2.5D really brought the game, world, and characters to life. The paper mario esque style was really awesome throughout and I enjoyed the humor poking at it.

The turn based combat system was also very nice and I really enjoyed the low stakes for losing in terms of having a immediate respawn to get back to a area to try another monster out out for their vore scene or to get back to the game. I also really liked the variety of vore scenarios provided by the monsters and all the unique little hidden bore scenarios throughout the game. The music and settings were also quite nice!

My only major issues were in build for vore scenarios and a need for more guidance in what was going on in the world and mechanics for certain hidden parts. My favorite monster in the game was the hedge maze by far. The monster had a great premise, nice dialogue introducing you to them and really nice teasing throughout the encounter. The set up made me want to get eaten and come back quite often. For alot of other monsters though you fond through random encounters there just wasn’t that same feeling. It was more like a quick scene you had to get by inconveniencing yourself by losing on purpose.

Maybe if in more random monster encounters there was additional dialogue for some monsters to tease the player like how the hedge maze did and maybe special encounter sections like the monster tempting you to be eaten like in the hedge maze fights, more of monster encounters would have a nicer pay off by building up to the vore scene more. The vore scenes were all very nice though.
willofwii
New to the forum

Postby NightRoller » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:56 am

Alright, adding another to my to-play list!
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenFrogH » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:21 am

I'm sorry to have to ask this- In the starter town the red sign never changes to green for me? Is there a certain way to make it flip? V 1.05 is the correct version, right? Does the game end here?
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Achenar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:00 pm

GreenFrogH wrote:I'm sorry to have to ask this- In the starter town the red sign never changes to green for me? Is there a certain way to make it flip? V 1.05 is the correct version, right? Does the game end here?

You need to enter that screen from the west, through the swamp.
Achenar
Participator

Postby HxD » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:12 am

Great game! I've been enjoying it. I've noticed that the frogs in the cave don't seem to appear anymore after getting to a certain point of the game, which locked me out of getting the scene by losing to them. Only bats and escape ropes spawn for me.

Apparently there is a run button according to the guide, but I tried pressing all the buttons around that area of my keyboard and I couldn't run. I had to turn the option on in the settings to always run. Would have been nice if I found that earlier.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:22 am

HxD wrote:Great game! I've been enjoying it. I've noticed that the frogs in the cave don't seem to appear anymore after getting to a certain point of the game, which locked me out of getting the scene by losing to them. Only bats and escape ropes spawn for me.

Apparently there is a run button according to the guide, but I tried pressing all the buttons around that area of my keyboard and I couldn't run. I had to turn the option on in the settings to always run. Would have been nice if I found that earlier.

The frogs in the cave stop spawning after you give the Queen of the frogs enough scarves. As for the run button, it's shift for out of battle running- but the Always Run option is better to use.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenFrogH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:07 am

Achenar wrote:
GreenFrogH wrote:I'm sorry to have to ask this- In the starter town the red sign never changes to green for me? Is there a certain way to make it flip? V 1.05 is the correct version, right? Does the game end here?

Then where is the Swamp? Or how do I get there? All I can do is go to the file cave or to a shop in the right..
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Wollffett » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:34 am

GreenFrogH wrote:
Achenar wrote:

Then where is the Swamp? Or how do I get there? All I can do is go to the file cave or to a shop in the right..

in the area with the cave go right
Wollffett
Participator

Postby HxD » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:01 am

killermeow wrote:
HxD wrote:Great game! I've been enjoying it. I've noticed that the frogs in the cave don't seem to appear anymore after getting to a certain point of the game, which locked me out of getting the scene by losing to them. Only bats and escape ropes spawn for me.

The frogs in the cave stop spawning after you give the Queen of the frogs enough scarves. As for the run button, it's shift for out of battle running- but the Always Run option is better to use.

Shift doesn't work for me. Don't know why. I had the issue where they stopped spawning even before I gave her one scarf. It started around when I met Ava in the cave. At that time frogs were spawning, but maybe talking to the Queen somehow stopped them from spawning before I even gave her any scarves. I also managed to get stuck inside a wall inside Nefertari by running into those moving pink things from the side and getting pushed into the acid.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenFrogH » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 am

Then where is the Swamp? Or how do I get there? All I can do is go to the file cave or to a shop in the right..[/quote]

in the area with the cave go right[/quote]

When I go right I'm in an area with a shop, following the hidden path only leads me to a place called "Big Bridge" where I can't pass through because of guards.
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Achenar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:46 am

GreenFrogH wrote:Then where is the Swamp? Or how do I get there? All I can do is go to the file cave or to a shop in the right..

in the area with the cave go right

When I go right I'm in an area with a shop, following the hidden path only leads me to a place called "Big Bridge" where I can't pass through because of guards.[/quote]

You'll need to go into the cave actually.

Follow the path through the cave until you meet up with Ava, then press onwards to the exit. Ignore the obvious tail in the tree and push on to the mansion. Clear that out and the pawn guard to the west of the starting area will go away.
Next, head west from the mansion and pass through the hedge maze. At the far end you'll enter the swamp area. Head east from here to reach the starting town again and finally unlock that pesky padlock.
Achenar
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game