Retale: Checkmate

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale: Checkmate

Postby Bigfatpiggy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:36 am

Awesome! I was just thinking the other day "Man, I hope we get a Retale 3..."
Bigfatpiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby StaticBlue » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 am

Was not expecting Paper Retale but this is super fun so far! Awesome job as always!
StaticBlue
Been posting for a bit

Postby Retale » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 am

MillyObouldra wrote:Pretty good, all things considered. Standard spawn rates are very high, making travel annoying, but that becomes fixable later one. Completed the game and just looking for extra stuff now. No idea what the strange doors do, can't find one last claw mark in the walls and for some reason the marshmallow i set free just hasn't come up. Really hope i haven't bugged sumn, cuz as much as i like this game, i don't really wanna run it through again.

Also, is there actually a way to interact with the airship in Carlsbad? Like its there flyin around but i haven't found a way of *doing* anything with it.

There's no way to interact with the airship.

The strange doors and your clawmark problem are connected. Those strange doors might open should your main character/manager be effected by certain illnesses...
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wollffett » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:53 am

Retale wrote:
MillyObouldra wrote:Pretty good, all things considered. Standard spawn rates are very high, making travel annoying, but that becomes fixable later one. Completed the game and just looking for extra stuff now. No idea what the strange doors do, can't find one last claw mark in the walls and for some reason the marshmallow i set free just hasn't come up. Really hope i haven't bugged sumn, cuz as much as i like this game, i don't really wanna run it through again.

Also, is there actually a way to interact with the airship in Carlsbad? Like its there flyin around but i haven't found a way of *doing* anything with it.

There's no way to interact with the airship.

The strange doors and your clawmark problem are connected. Those strange doors might open should your main character/manager be effected by certain illnesses...

Well now I have something else to look for didn't even know there was illness also is there a way to replay the fight with the ghost snake or will I have to get back to that point on a new game

Edit:can you die in the sphinxs stomach because all that happens is my party get set to 1hp and nothing else
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Retale » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 am

there's no way to die the the sphinx stomach, by illness i meant status effect. You can't replay the circe scene currently.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wollffett » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:31 am

Welp just hit 6 hours playtime 2 hours spent running around finishing side quests and trying to solve mysteries but ive never been very good at them if anyone has any hints please let me know cause i am totally lost and odds are im missing something pretty simple if it requires it to be done before end game let me know cause i finished it already and got to say that boss fight was really annoying but fun

edit: nvm got it im dumb
Last edited by Wollffett on Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wollffett
Participator

Postby reptilemk5 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm glad Mia could devour me twice in this game. 1 via her dragon form but only during the dungeon escape sadly. the other being via dream potion, but even if digested in the dream it was just a dream so I don't get taken to the spawnpoint afterwards. I can't find any paths to the Tundra area so I assume I need to beat the arena boss to reach the tundra.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby silverspec » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:17 pm

This game is actually really fun.

Your brand of humor and distinct art style makes it great.

GJ!

I feel bad that I only payed 7$ for it. Do you have a patreon?
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:03 pm

evidently I was right. arena boss down, gate to tundra open. I love this game. ^^ while not normally a huge fan of tundra locations, I love how you made this one ^^ plenty of warm bellies to get digested inside of so my cold-blood doesn't freeze solid.
Last edited by reptilemk5 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm

silverspec wrote:This game is actually really fun.

Your brand of humor and distinct art style makes it great.

GJ!

I feel bad that I only payed 7$ for it. Do you have a patreon?

Yes! You can find it via the social tab on the title screen of the game! THanks so much for giving what you did!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miral » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:28 pm

So i'm not sure if this is a bug or not. When i got that "illness" i can't get it to go away. is there a way to do so?
Miral
New to the forum

Postby Retale » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Miral wrote:So i'm not sure if this is a bug or not. When i got that "illness" i can't get it to go away. is there a way to do so?

If its the drunk effect you might have weary diorite equipped...in an update this is fixed, you can download v3 via the links now
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miral » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Not sure it it was the drunk effect, but i got it after drinking one of the dream potions.
Miral
New to the forum

Postby ScrabbleTheGoat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:34 pm

I feel like the effort is in the wrong place with this one. There's a ton of art for different predators, but they all feel exactly the same. Actual unique scenes with fun setups are rare.
ScrabbleTheGoat
Been posting for a bit

Postby MillyObouldra » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Alrighty, round 2... Completed all the doors i could find, but, assuming there's one for each status effect, i'm missing a fair few.

Does the boat in the swamp actually do anything? Feels a bit odd for it to be sprited but not do ote, so i feel like i'm missing something.

Last, still can't find the damn marshmallow, and i'm now sure i've somehow broken sumthin. Where and how does she spawn, and am i an idiot for not realising it?

Furthermore, the above comment has a point... For so many predators a lot of them do feel very 'run of the mill', and even a good few of the bosses feel a little... uninspired. Scenes with proper build up, like Circe's, are pretty damn good, but i feel a little more flair with important encounter enemies like bosses and perhaps minibosses akin to scenes like Circe's might go a long way.
Annnd to balance out that negativity, gotta say, music's pretty damn good. Even in the tedious time spent scouring places for doors and extra shiz, tunes are pretty good, the Tundra especially. Real good work there.
For future, it might be an idea to have otherwise obscure mechanics like the status doors referenced somehow, by an NPC, or having a little tidbit to show how they function, like perhaps an NPC using the drunk door while drunk to display that's how it's entered. Over the past two games, i reckon the 2.5d is a great change, and makes this far more of a 'game' than the previous two, that i enjoyed playing far more. Looking forward to future work, Sym.
MillyObouldra
New to the forum

Postby Wollffett » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:16 am

was wondering if there was a list of things we could complete because ive fought all the bosses opened the 4 doors(at least i think there is only 4) only thing i havnt done is lose to all the enemies(i think)
Wollffett
Participator

Postby Retale » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:24 am

ScrabbleTheGoat wrote:I feel like the effort is in the wrong place with this one. There's a ton of art for different predators, but they all feel exactly the same. Actual unique scenes with fun setups are rare.

MillyObouldra wrote:Alrighty, round 2... Completed all the doors i could find, but, assuming there's one for each status effect, i'm missing a fair few.

Does the boat in the swamp actually do anything? Feels a bit odd for it to be sprited but not do ote, so i feel like i'm missing something.

Last, still can't find the damn marshmallow, and i'm now sure i've somehow broken sumthin. Where and how does she spawn, and am i an idiot for not realising it?

Furthermore, the above comment has a point... For so many predators a lot of them do feel very 'run of the mill', and even a good few of the bosses feel a little... uninspired. Scenes with proper build up, like Circe's, are pretty damn good, but i feel a little more flair with important encounter enemies like bosses and perhaps minibosses akin to scenes like Circe's might go a long way.
Annnd to balance out that negativity, gotta say, music's pretty damn good. Even in the tedious time spent scouring places for doors and extra shiz, tunes are pretty good, the Tundra especially. Real good work there.
For future, it might be an idea to have otherwise obscure mechanics like the status doors referenced somehow, by an NPC, or having a little tidbit to show how they function, like perhaps an NPC using the drunk door while drunk to display that's how it's entered. Over the past two games, i reckon the 2.5d is a great change, and makes this far more of a 'game' than the previous two, that i enjoyed playing far more. Looking forward to future work, Sym.

Sorry that you both had negative experiences! I'll take the critique and try to make a better game in future! Thank you so much for playing anyway!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Achenar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:44 am

So does anyone know what the fourth enemy you can die to in Mansion/Maze is? I've already found
Spoiler: show
ghost spider, ghostie, and hedge.
Achenar
Participator

Postby Retale » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:01 am

Achenar wrote:So does anyone know what the fourth enemy you can die to in Mansion/Maze is? I've already found
Spoiler: show
ghost spider, ghostie, and hedge.

The last enemy is the pawn guard in there, beating the pawn boss of the mansion and letting him go would originally lock you out of the scene.

But in the latest verison of the game in V4 you can now unlock it either which way, So if you let him go it'll automatically unlock the pawn guard scene in the museum.

If you've already beaten the boss in your version, update to the newest (v4) and replay the pawn boss vore scene in the museum, that'll unlock the pawn guard for you.

Save transfers should work fine!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:23 pm

how do you save Scratch from the hedge?
seth270
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game