Voraciousness 1.21 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraciousness 0.96 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby Dunn2183 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Mab17 wrote:Turn-based.

Weird, worked fine when I tested it in turn-based combat. I know the healing can be off-sync when it's in turn-based mode: RTwP seems to bunch it up at all once, whereas turn-based makes it so the healing only ticks once it's the affected player's turn, but I imagine you would have caught that...

Were either of the companions knocked out when they were swallowed? Might be something I've put in messing with that if that was the case.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:04 pm

One was, the other wasn't. -3 and 1 but prone, I think.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dunn2183 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Mab17 wrote:One was, the other wasn't. -3 and 1 but prone, I think.

Alright, then I think what's happened is that the other unit was set to leave the swallower (and thus no longer have the healing buff anymore) since they were unconscious when the mod checked if they should be spit out.

So if I'm right, updating the mod with this test version should fix it since I changed the relevant check to "is dead". Which is separate from is actually fully 100% dead, this check is for "HP went low enough to trigger Death's Door if you're playing with that mechanic, or was just super knocked out otherwise."
Attachments
Voraciousness test.zip
0.97 test
(54.27 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 pm

Seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your work on the mod!
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 0.97 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby Dunn2183 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Good to hear it, I'll just push that as an official update then since I imagine that scenario will crop up here and there throughout other people's campaigns as well.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.0 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous mo

Postby Dunn2183 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:11 am

Figured out how to deal with save/load stuff that I could test repeatedly, so I'm good with moving the mod to 1.0 with this update now that I got a consistent way to deal with predators not being tracked/people being considered predators.

Well, that and added two Mythic Abilities, figured I should work with that system before I call the mod "done enough for me to care more about maintaining it instead of adding to it, at least for now."...and also I want to play the game I paid for. :p
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 pm

Ive been meaning to ask, does healing devour only function during combat?

Ive tried the spell outside of one and aside from the predator getting a devouring guard status nothing happens. That and dimensional devour too, whenever the spell hit nothing happens, which is weird considering that the voracious perk seems to work just fine. On that note, do you have any plans to add the feat onto certain enemies and bosses or is this mod gonna be bound to the player and it's party? Just curious.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:40 pm

...weird, that should be the other way around, it should auto kick out party members if it's a hostile swallow and keep party members if it's a friendly swallow they're being healed by.

As for enemies and bosses getting these, that is probably going depend on how much I bother understanding how the AI does its thing.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:01 am

Dunn2183 wrote:...weird, that should be the other way around, it should auto kick out party members if it's a hostile swallow and keep party members if it's a friendly swallow they're being healed by.

As for enemies and bosses getting these, that is probably going depend on how much I bother understanding how the AI does its thing.

To clarify, i haven't been using the voracious perk on my team xD

But when used against enemies it works, whereas devour spells whether hostile or friendly doesn't seem to work.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 am

player1 wrote:
Dunn2183 wrote:...weird, that should be the other way around, it should auto kick out party members if it's a hostile swallow and keep party members if it's a friendly swallow they're being healed by.

But when used against enemies it works, whereas devour spells whether hostile or friendly doesn't seem to work.

Hrm, just to check, there's nothing in the combat log about spell resistance or what not?
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:25 am

Dunn2183 wrote:
player1 wrote:

Hrm, just to check, there's nothing in the combat log about spell resistance or what not?

That also struck me as weird. In the logs it clearly says when i use Dimensional devour that i overcame the target's spell resistance! I though at first that it work the same as with the voracious feat (eg. when successful you still roll a dice to know if you swallow the target or not.) but after testing out the healing devour spell and failing..
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:32 am

Actually, wait, one more thing

Did you check off the option re: obeying Pathfinder's default rule for swallow whole mechanics or not.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 am

Dunn2183 wrote:Actually, wait, one more thing

Did you check off the option re: obeying Pathfinder's default rule for swallow whole mechanics or not.

Thank you! That was the ticket, i ticked off the option limiting the prey size and it worked. thanks!
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VorianStormstride » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Does this mod also allow enemies to devour the player?
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:18 pm

VorianStormstride wrote:Does this mod also allow enemies to devour the player?

Through the new update I just pushed, yeah.

Note that you'll need to manually turn that on through the Ctrl+F10 menu for the two reasons of:

1) I know base game stuff like disintegration can break cutscene scripting, so probable chance this will up the chance of breaking stuff when enabled.
2) Considering how I've done these spells as ranged touch attacks this may result in people getting war flashbacks to particular BS sections of Kingmaker.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:01 am

Dunn2183 wrote:
VorianStormstride wrote:Does this mod also allow enemies to devour the player?

Through the new update I just pushed, yeah.

Note that you'll need to manually turn that on through the Ctrl+F10 menu for the two reasons of:

1) I know base game stuff like disintegration can break cutscene scripting, so probable chance this will up the chance of breaking stuff when enabled.
2) Considering how I've done these spells as ranged touch attacks this may result in people getting war flashbacks to particular BS sections of Kingmaker.

Would it be difficult to have visual meshes for enemies in future updates? Or do they already have visuals?

EDIT: Also using the latest version, nothing seems to happen when enemies do a successful grapple. It just acts like it failed.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Would it be difficult to have visual meshes for enemies in future updates? Or do they already have visuals?

They get the same bone modifications, though i imagine it'll be less noticeable for enemies that are way larger than you.
EDIT: Also using the latest version, nothing seems to happen when enemies do a successful grapple. It just acts like it failed.

Would this happen to be with enemies who are the same size as you? They'll still obey the same size limitations if the option to ignore it isn't turned on.

Otherwise I will double check if there's something in the buff code that accidentally makes it player party only in terms of usage.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:35 am

Dunn2183 wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:

They get the same bone modifications, though i imagine it'll be less noticeable for enemies that are way larger than you.

Would this happen to be with enemies who are the same size as you? They'll still obey the same size limitations if the option to ignore it isn't turned on.

Otherwise I will double check if there's something in the buff code that accidentally makes it player party only in terms of usage.

Yeah like enemies don't seem to devour the party at all. Or other enemies in rare instances. Dunno why.

I do use the toybox mod for a few of the QOL things though so dunno if that can conflict. I did try turning it off too but it didn't seem to be the issue either.

Does it require a new save by chance? Because I haven't done a new save since the game and mod's recent updates.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Voraciousness 1.01 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby Dunn2183 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am

Ah, I think I found the issue, seems like skeletons don't work the same way for some creatures as they do for humanoids so it was creating null reference exceptions. Whoops. 1.02 update should fix that.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.01 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:33 am

Dunn2183 wrote:Ah, I think I found the issue, seems like skeletons don't work the same way for some creatures as they do for humanoids so it was creating null reference exceptions. Whoops. 1.02 update should fix that.

The update fixed the issue I was having. I'm guessing that skeleton fix also is why creatures don't have any visuals or bulging too?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game