Voraciousness 1.21 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraciousness 1.01 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby Dunn2183 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Dunn2183 wrote:Ah, I think I found the issue, seems like skeletons don't work the same way for some creatures as they do for humanoids so it was creating null reference exceptions. Whoops. 1.02 update should fix that.

The update fixed the issue I was having. I'm guessing that skeleton fix also is why creatures don't have any visuals or bulging too?

Yeah, I was used to how it works in most other games where creatures generally have some kind of simplified skeleton, but it seems like creatures in the Pathfinder games (well, I'm assuming it's the same in kingmaker anyway) are much more baked in compared to humanoids.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.02 (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous m

Postby BoomRandom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank you for all the effort you've put into this. Coming from myself and 4 other friends not on the forums!
BoomRandom
New to the forum

Re: Voraciousness 1.03 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dunn2183 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:42 pm

So for those who've noticed the title change:

At this point I can't even blame porting the mod back towards Kingmaker on focused horny, that was pretty much 100% "I mean, now that I know it's potentially possible, I gotta see how far I can do it now." motivation there. That and also irony on my part in particular since I'll cop to having based this off a mod originally built for Kingmaker pre-Definitive Edition updates that broke some mods, including it. (Now credited in the OP).

For those curious, the only three major differences in the Kingmaker version you should spot as an end-user are:

1) obviously the fact that the mythic abilities aren't a thing
2) Kingmaker's humanoid models, or well, their skeletons that they attach the models to are a lot more low def. Basically expect bellies from the various abilities to be more...blocky when you use them.
3) So the other thing is that obviously there are multiple classes that are in Wrath of the Righteous natively, but are only available in Kingmaker through a mod like Call of the Wild. I may end up patching in support for particular classes added through such mods, but for now support is limited to what was added to the game by Owlcat themselves. And that's an actual may because it feels a lot more clunkier to add stuff to Kingmaker compared to Wrath of the Righteous having built in support for mods adding new blueprints or modifying ones and what not.

Also switched to using Mega for hosting the mod download links, since I'm not even going try finagling with the attachment system anymore now that I've got two separate games I am targeting.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dunn2183 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:39 pm

Made an oops when backporting the "AI Can Use Devour" functionality to Kingmaker that resulted in null reference exceptions when the option was enabled: while it didn't break Kingmaker like most mod-caused null reference exceptions normally do (e.g you can't open the menu to save, hotkeys for stuff like turn-based mode don't 't work, game functions in general not resolving properly, etc), I've updated the Kingmaker version in the Mega link to fix it to both fix the cause of the null reference exceptions (it meant some enemies weren't getting the appropriate buff) and in case those null references breaks things more subtly that ends up wrecking a playthrough 20+ hours later.

Should work with existing playthroughs since the units first that would give off the null reference exception shouldn't have a chance of appearing until Act 2.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 am

So, I've gotten quite a bit further, and I've facing a new issue...there are some units that have a strong regenerative ability. Stronger per round than the digestion damage being dealt to them.
So now I'm stuck in a combat with a creature that can't escape but also won't die.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:17 pm

Mab17 wrote:So, I've gotten quite a bit further, and I've facing a new issue...there are some units that have a strong regenerative ability. Stronger per round than the digestion damage being dealt to them.
So now I'm stuck in a combat with a creature that can't escape but also won't die.

You know in hindsight I should've seen that coming way earlier since I was already hearing the lamentations of people going through particular dungeons with regenerating enemies.

I'll try to get out a patch today so regeneration in general gets suppressed if a unit gets stuck inside another unit for long enough. (Probably like, 10 rounds or so? Figure that's long enough while still giving units a decent chance to try escaping without losing too much health.)
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Mab17 wrote:So, I've gotten quite a bit further, and I've facing a new issue...there are some units that have a strong regenerative ability. Stronger per round than the digestion damage being dealt to them.

Yes, ran into that problem when i faced the augmented enemies back in the blackwater/fall facility, had to disable the voracious feat til's it's completion. Eternally digesting preys lol
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Here's a quick and dirty update, after 10 rounds any unit that's regenerating and still swallowed after 10 rounds should lose their regeneration. If it doesn't work or something in the game breaks when it activates, the player.log files in the "C:\Users\[AccountNameHere]AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous" folder would be useful for helping me identify what's breaking.
Attachments
Voraciousness.zip
(62.26 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby trinart » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:19 pm

hey so
I've tried to get the kingmaker version working
all the feats and spells do appear in game but
grapple checks don't appear to happen in melee combat when you have the feats
and the spells, from what I managed to test (the lesser healing devour only, as I'm not very far into the game)
don't work, they get used, a casting animation happens, the spell slot gets used, but no actual effect of the spell happens.
Not sure why this is happening, but thought I should bring it up.
trinart
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:24 pm

trinart wrote:hey so
and the spells, from what I managed to test (the lesser healing devour only, as I'm not very far into the game)
don't work, they get used, a casting animation happens, the spell slot gets used, but no actual effect of the spell happens.

It's cool, I was actually about to work on updating the Kingmaker version with the anti-regeneration catch so I got time to kill for it.

So I'll check out the grapple thing, but for healing devour not working, is this with the Unity Mod Manager option to disable size limits set to true?

(Honestly I should probably set that to true by default, safe guess that the vast majority of people who are downloading the mods would want that on)
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby trinart » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Dunn2183 wrote:
trinart wrote:hey so

It's cool, I was actually about to work on updating the Kingmaker version with the anti-regeneration catch so I got time to kill for it.

So I'll check out the grapple thing, but for healing devour not working, is this with the Unity Mod Manager option to disable size limits set to true?

(Honestly I should probably set that to true by default, safe guess that the vast majority of people who are downloading the mods would want that on)

yeah, its with that set to true, it essentially cuts off all of the actual vore due to both issues (unless the other spells work, but that would take a bit of work, I'll try and see if the other ones work or not)
also, thanks for working on this mod for both games.
trinart
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:32 pm

A-ha, figured out what it was. Game was running into a null reference exception involving the player character as prey (since the log message as currently constructed was assuming there would be a unit blueprint to access, which player characters don't have due to being custom made).

Fixed that + formally added the anti-regeneration check to both versions in the 1.04 update. Should be live at the mega links now.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby trinart » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Dunn2183 wrote:A-ha, figured out what it was. Game was running into a null reference exception involving the player character as prey (since the log message as currently constructed was assuming there would be a unit blueprint to access, which player characters don't have due to being custom made).

Fixed that + formally added the anti-regeneration check to both versions in the 1.04 update. Should be live at the mega links now.

I hate to say this
cleaned the mod out, installed the new version
made a new save, got the voracious feat, went into melee combat
no grapple checks seemed to occur.
reloaded my old save (might have some issues with the old mod being used before)
spells still don't work, grapple checks still don't seem to happen. (got to test dimension devour, doesn't work either, it hits, and nothing happens)
whatever the issue is, it seems to me that either the grapple checks don't happen, as well as putting an entity into the "consumed/eaten" state, granted, I'm not an expert coder so my view/insight might not be correct

haven't tested enemy preds because, well, I don't know what enemies have the ability to eat when the ai can use is turned on

EDIT: (might also be that the megalink hadn't updated before I downloaded, I'll wait a bit and do another install to make sure)
trinart
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:09 pm

trinart wrote:
Dunn2183 wrote:A-ha, figured out what it was. Game was running into a null reference exception involving the player character as prey (since the log message as currently constructed was assuming there would be a unit blueprint to access, which player characters don't have due to being custom made).

I hate to say this
cleaned the mod out, installed the new version
made a new save, got the voracious feat, went into melee combat
no grapple checks seemed to occur.
reloaded my old save (might have some issues with the old mod being used before)
spells still don't work, grapple checks still don't seem to happen. (got to test dimension devour, doesn't work either, it hits, and nothing happens)
whatever the issue is, it seems to me that either the grapple checks don't happen, as well as putting an entity into the "consumed/eaten" state, granted, I'm not an expert coder so my view/insight might not be correct

haven't tested enemy preds because, well, I don't know what enemies have the ability to eat when the ai can use is turned on

EDIT: (might also be that the megalink hadn't updated before I downloaded, I'll wait a bit and do another install to make sure)

Hmm, spells should definitely work now as that was what I was focused on testing, so yeah I would suggest trying to download the mod again...and also to wait a bit for the new version to get uploaded after this post because I realized what the problem was with the Voracious feat:

forgot to actually give the feat the toggle ability it's supposed to grant you (so you can disable it when it may be inconvenient or cause game-breaking bugs), so it was basically a digital paperweight. Whoops. You should see it now though.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.04 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby trinart » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:14 am

yeah, tried it again
Same thing still happening
did some checking, seems the version still on mega the link
was last modified, in September.
So Mega is likely having some trouble updating the download.
trinart
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:54 am

trinart wrote:yeah, tried it again
Same thing still happening
did some checking, seems the version still on mega the link
was last modified, in September.
So Mega is likely having some trouble updating the download.

Actually add this to the "I'm a foolish fool" column because i was misunderstanding how the versioning in mega worked.

Turns out you have to update the download link regardless so it's been linking to a stale version the entire time. Now it should be a link to the latest uploaded version.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby trinart » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Alright
new version for kingmaker, the spells work, the voracious feat works
but, I've discovered a bug (and a workaround for players to avoid the bug, granted, its annoying and you have to do it a lot)
If you attempt to move to a new area with the voracious feat active
the game will error you to the main menu
This will also occur if you load a save, that was saved while the feat was active
The workaround is to simply turn the feat off before moving between zones and saving your game. if it isn't active, you don't get errored

the error itself reads as follows last time I triggered it
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Kingmaker.UnitLogic.Buffs.Buff.SpawnParticleEffect () [0x00040] in
<07fa1e4d861841b39b8dfaa17d3b26f7>:0

EDIT: Found, another trigger that I am unsure of now, used lesser healing devour, person got let out after being healed, the feat was turned off on all who had it, and the error occurred when I moved between areas
trinart
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 pm

trinart wrote:Alright
but, I've discovered a bug (and a workaround for players to avoid the bug, granted, its annoying and you have to do it a lot)
This will also occur if you load a save, that was saved while the feat was active
The workaround is to simply turn the feat off before moving between zones and saving your game. if it isn't active, you don't get errored

EDIT: Found, another trigger that I am unsure of now, used lesser healing devour, person got let out after being healed, the feat was turned off on all who had it, and the error occurred when I moved between areas

Ah, thanks for posting the error message, what's happening is that the game's trying to see if it should spawn a particle effect for a buff, but is getting a null reference when it tries to check. That should be fixed with the latest kingmaker version (it shouldn't be a problem for the WotR version since Tabletop Tweaks conveniently takes care of that with its helper code for making buffs I've reused)
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby trinart » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Dunn2183 wrote:
trinart wrote:Alright

Ah, thanks for posting the error message, what's happening is that the game's trying to see if it should spawn a particle effect for a buff, but is getting a null reference when it tries to check. That should be fixed with the latest kingmaker version (it shouldn't be a problem for the WotR version since Tabletop Tweaks conveniently takes care of that with its helper code for making buffs I've reused)

I should be the one thanking you. Fixing these bugs/issues so soon.
Good to see that this mod is actively looked after.
well, thanks for fixing it.
trinart
New to the forum

Re: Voraciousness 1.04a (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dunn2183 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 pm

Made another small update for the Kingmaker version.

Well, small in the technical sense but for those using Call of the Wild, the added classes and archetypes should now get the added spells when relevant. (Some of them would work already since they pulled directly from a base game spell list, but classes that used custom spell lists like Bloodrager have access to them now).

It should be safe to use on installations that don't have Call of the Wild installed as I tested the null checks I added to make sure the mod didn't error out, but obviously report back if that ends up being a problem regardless.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game