[QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.0 23/11/2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

[QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.0 23/11/2021

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Well, it took ages but here it is, Blueberry is finally ready to make her official debut!
I did briefly release this game a while ago but it was very basic at the time with only 4 rooms and not much to actually do, some of the stuff didn't even work!
But now the game has been expanded to a state that I feel I can release it, so here you all go!
The Link --> https://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/_gcok9hgjeukbvt6t5yepg/blueberry-in-myto-city-0-1-0
WARNING: This doesn't work on mobile, play it on desktop for the true Blueberry experience.

SYNOPSIS:
You are Blueberry the Slime, a carefree young blob who's spent her whole life living in the Slime Colony under Myto City.
You spend your days lounging around and eating whatever you can fit in your mouth, while trying to avoid being eaten by larger Slimes.
Today however, you were awoken and told that you have a special task ahead of you, it's time to go and be the best Slime you can be!

Our Slimy Hero!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Blueberry can eat anything smaller than she is to grow larger, one fifth of the weight she eats will be converted directly into mass.
Blueberry's minimum size is 30kgs, she won't grow any smaller no matter what you do.
Her maximum size is 1000kgs.
Trying to eat creatures larger than you might be dangerous, use the Look function to check if they're hungry or not.
There are a few secrets hidden here and there so look out for them.

If you encounter any dead-end that mentions "Chainsaws" it means that I haven't written anything for this area yet and it will be added in a future update.

Changelog/Future Updates
Spoiler: show
23/11/21 Initial release V0.1.0

Working on - The Hallways

Coming up
Sewers
-Mutant Kingdom

Overworld
-City Centre
-Suburbs
-Entertainment District

-Misc side areas
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Re: [QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.0 23/11/2021

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Gosh dang, you've done it again.
You make the best Quest games.
EmilyNidhoggr
Somewhat familiar

Postby ElyBlanche » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.
ElyBlanche
New to the forum

Postby umakeisee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 pm

I tried it out, but kept having to restart because Quest won't save progress and randomly stops responding. Would it be possible to add a starting wright option to avoid this issue?
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Somewhat familiar

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:Gosh dang, you've done it again.
You make the best Quest games.

I try :-D

ElyBlanche wrote:Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.

Hope you enjoy(ed) it!

umakeisee wrote:I tried it out, but kept having to restart because Quest won't save progress and randomly stops responding. Would it be possible to add a starting wright option to avoid this issue?

I'm guessing you meant weight and not wright, I had a special debug item called super food that I used while testing the game but I made it inaccessible for the release.
I just made it available again though, it's in Strawberry's chamber and each time you eat from it it will make Blueberry 100kgs heavier.
That should help if you have anymore troubles.
Last edited by Brpdchainsaw on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:08 am

Yeah, I meant weight. Thanks for the help! I was really enjoying it, so I'm glad I won't have to start from 35 if it stops responding again.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Somewhat familiar

Postby SephirothTheLegend » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 am

For just a 0.01, this is amazing. Definitely excited to see what lies beyond for Blueberry. A small slime going on to consume the world sounds fun :D
SephirothTheLegend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Susuko » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 am

I would like to see that and maybe eat her fellow slime as well.
Susuko
Somewhat familiar

Postby ElyBlanche » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 am

Brpdchainsaw wrote:
ElyBlanche wrote:Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.

How you enjoy(ed) it!

Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

One issue that I noticed was that the Big Green Slimes didn't add to your weight when you ate them as Mama Blue. I don't know if that status has anything to do with it though, could just be when you're so big.

Honestly, as much as I'm sure you have no desire to take on more writers, I'd love to help with this going forward! I've always wanted to write for a game like this.
ElyBlanche
New to the forum

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:42 am

SephirothTheLegend wrote:For just a 0.01, this is amazing. Definitely excited to see what lies beyond for Blueberry. A small slime going on to consume the world sounds fun :D

Thanks, I wanted to make sure I had a decent amount of content before the first release, future updates will probably be smaller but won't take as long to make.

ElyBlanche wrote:Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

One issue that I noticed was that the Big Green Slimes didn't add to your weight when you ate them as Mama Blue. I don't know if that status has anything to do with it though, could just be when you're so big.

Honestly, as much as I'm sure you have no desire to take on more writers, I'd love to help with this going forward! I've always wanted to write for a game like this.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, all you get from the mouse army is a title depending on if you helped them or not before eating them.
There should be more little side areas like that in the future that offer side quests to get extra titles.

I'm looking through the code for the Big Green Slime but I can't see anything that would cause you to not gain weight if you successfully eat her, unless you already hit the max at 1000. If you encounter the bug again can you send me the exact text that comes up with it?

I'm afraid that this is a solo project, I've got plenty of free time so I can work on this and Hungry Quest without too much issue.
If you want to work on a game then why not just make your own, they aren't too difficult and there's plenty of writers who would probably help you if you can't figure anything out.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby ElyBlanche » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:28 pm

Brpdchainsaw wrote:
ElyBlanche wrote:Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, all you get from the mouse army is a title depending on if you helped them or not before eating them.
There should be more little side areas like that in the future that offer side quests to get extra titles.

I'm looking through the code for the Big Green Slime but I can't see anything that would cause you to not gain weight if you successfully eat her, unless you already hit the max at 1000. If you encounter the bug again can you send me the exact text that comes up with it?

I'm afraid that this is a solo project, I've got plenty of free time so I can work on this and Hungry Quest without too much issue.
If you want to work on a game then why not just make your own, they aren't too difficult and there's plenty of writers who would probably help you if you can't figure anything out.

Huh, weird. Must've been my imagination with the Big Green Slime thing lol.

Ah, that's fair. I've wanted to try but I'm just so inept at coding. I'd rather find a person who can code but can't write in this case lol. I wish you well on your game-dev stuff. I'll be keeping an eye on this project as I thoroughly enjoyed myself with what was already here. I just hope I get to fuck and eat the doc later uwu. Her fate is as slime pudge.
ElyBlanche
New to the forum

Return to Vore game