Shrink Island: Unbirth-Centered RPG [V0.0.4] (5/28/2022)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Shrink Island: Unbirth-Centered RPG [V0.0.4] (5/28/2022)

Postby MasterBedwomb » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:55 am

Inspired by games on this site such as Shrinking Fun, Shrink EXP and Tiny Misadventures, Shrink Island is an RPG Maker MV game that shares a similar core mechanic to the above-mentioned titles, but stands apart with a refined minigame design intended to be more dynamic and adaptive, enhancing the strategic appeal of your encounters with the giants above you.

(This project is no longer in development by its founder. See "Future of the Project" for more information.)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Want to talk with others about the game? Join the discord here!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Game Content Tags
This game contains:
Spoiler: show
Soft Vore of the following kinds:
Unbirth
Macro-Micro
F/m

Future of the project:
Ever since long, long before I started to create Shrink Island and DEVS, I have had big aspirations for my life, and big goals I want to achieve. Shrink Island, while having allowed me to learn some valuable technical skills and gain experience in organizing projects, has never truly been a part of that. If it was, I would not have created an entirely separate online identity from my SFW activities to share it with you all, and I probably would have been more proactive in accepting financial support and allowing other people to become a more active part of development.

While a specific date or event has never really been a part of it, it has been a part of my plan to, at some point, eventually leave Shrink Island and DEVS in the hands of you all and leave this community behind me for good. Being closely associated with the community on Eka's Portal is not constructive for some of the other things I intend to involve myself with in the future, and in fact is actually quite to the contrary. Despite this, I have wanted to leave a good impact on the community here while I've been present in it.

Over the last couple of weeks coming up to this edit and the associated announcements here and in the discord server, a lot of really significant things have been happening in my personal life, and it has come to my attention that continuing to develop and share Shrink Island and DEVS is actually going to be more damaging to those greater aspirations of mine than I had realized, and in ways that I had not considered before. Ultimately, those dreams of mine are infinitely more important to me than the creation of Shrink Island and DEVS, and so in order to not lose sight of them I have had to make a decision. It is a hard decision for me to make, considering how much time and effort and love I have put into Shrink Island, but it is not a decision I can in good conscience neglect until a future date.

I have decided that it is in my best interests at this point to discontinue the development and creation of Shrink Island and DEVS, for the sake of my own mental health and for the sake of my future, and to separate myself from this community and leave it behind. The full reasoning for this choice is not something that I can share, for the sake of my own privacy, and even if I did explain it, it's probably not something any of you could truly understand. (I can say that this is not burnout, and I'm not being forced by someone to stop working on it. This is my own decision to make.)

As part of this decision, I have removed the download links for all existing versions of Shrink Island. I can't stop you all from continuing to share it amongst yourselves, and if any of you want to take the reigns of where I have left the project and continue it in your vision, that's a decision you are free to make. At this point, the project is in your hands, and I am surrendering it to you, the community.

I know this news is a lot to bear, and believe me, this was not an easy choice to make. It is just as hard for me to do this as it probably is for you to hear, if you've been following the project for the 6 months it has been on Eka's. I can't really explain why further than I have above already, and I can't answer questions or discuss further, but of the options I have for my future, this choice is the best one I can make.

You all are amazing people at your core, and my experiences here this last half-year have been nothing short of the best I could have ever hoped for from this project. It's not something I will ever forget, and I give well wishes to everyone here and hope that whatever you do, be it here or on Eka's or on other parts of the internet or even in real life, that you do it the best you possibly can and that you enjoy it to the fullest extent you're able.

Download:
Official download links have been removed. See "Future of the Project" for more information.

In the event that you find a version of the game that has been redistributed by the community, I have left an applicable disclaimer below:
Disclaimer: My artistic skills suck, so I’ve been using some of the assets from Shrinking Fun as placeholders until I can figure something out for myself. I want to make it clear that the assets used during the unbirth minigame in versions up to V0.0.4 are not my original work. While I've been informed that the creator of Shrinking Fun is okay with others using their work, I'd still obviously like to credit them.
You can find a link to the newest version of Shrinking Fun here: https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=51182

Changelog:
V0.0.4
Bug Fixes:
—Player's character is no longer visible during the first section of the intro sequence
—Screen resolution reverted back to 1024*768 after it was accidentally changed in previous version
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
V0.0.3
Bug Fixes:
—Fixed several major and minor bugs introduced in V0.0.2b
—Corrected some minor typos
V0.0.2b
Additions:
—Facial Expressions and scene transitions are now fully implemented for any scenes that have applicable assets
—You can now ask Willow questions about game mechanics at any point after the tutorial is played
—New action Succumb: Allows you to end the encounter and give into the girl’s wishes. Can’t be used under certain circumstances
—Some additional (temporary) assets for Allison, courtesy of Scrattys on Discord
—Allison’s daily loop has been replaced with a weekly one
—Player now starts the game with a Wristwatch item which, when used, tells the in-game day and time, and how many in-game days you’ve been playing (Can’t currently be used while unbirthed)
—Added a “Speed Mode” to the developer tools

Optimizations:
—Made some of the facial reactions and sound effects universal to all existing encounters to minimize duplicated work for the new scenes included this patch

Tweaks:
—When in an encounter where Allison is asleep, players now get one additional warning before the girl wakes up
—Allison’s first encounter has been changed to improve the beginner experience

Bug Fixes:
—Corrected some minor errors and typos in existing dialogue

V0.0.2a
Tweaks:
—Increasing Strength now takes 40% fewer actions per point
—Increased the Strength upgrade cap per encounter from 3 to 5
—Increasing Constitution now takes 20% fewer rounds per point
—Increased the Constitution upgrade cap per encounter from 3 to 4
—Increased the Charisma upgrade cap per encounter from 3 to 5
—Player character will now collapse from exhaustion in half the time

Bug Fixes:
—Fixed a couple of small typos and minor visual irregularities
—Girls’ AI will no longer repeat the last action they took once you’re deep enough when they use the intention Womb’s Call I, sometimes resulting in error messages. Where they would repeat their last action (such as constantly trying to put on clothes), girls will now instead calm themselves.
—Fixed a bug where the game softlocks when you complete the tutorial, get recaptured by Allison, and then escape by any means
—Fixed a bug in Allison’s nighttime scenes where resting for 6 hours didn’t work properly
—Fixed a bug where you would no longer be able to attempt an escape from Allison at night if you clicked sleep or wait and then went back
—Fixed a bug where ending Allison’s nighttime encounter without waking her would cause the game to think she was still “sleepy” until the next encounter that she was actually woken
Last edited by MasterBedwomb on Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 18 times in total.
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Re: Shrink Island: Unbirth-Centered RPG [Coming Soon!]

Postby Onmawarpath » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:38 am

Well colour me interested
Onmawarpath
New to the forum

Postby Dongers » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:58 am

One way to create temporary art for your game might be Character Studio of Koikatsu and Honey Select 2. They both have phenomenal character creators and the mod repacks just make them even more of a perfect tool for just that. However, there's some stuff you'd still have to get somewhere else, like internal shots if that's what you're planning to include.
Dongers
Participator

Postby strawhat64 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:50 am

Ho, another game based on the unbirth attribute, there aren't many games like this. Good work.
strawhat64
New to the forum

Postby MasterBedwomb » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:09 pm

Dongers wrote:One way to create temporary art for your game might be Character Studio of Koikatsu and Honey Select 2. They both have phenomenal character creators and the mod repacks just make them even more of a perfect tool for just that. However, there's some stuff you'd still have to get somewhere else, like internal shots if that's what you're planning to include.

I haven't heard of either of those, so thanks for suggesting it! I will definitely look into both of those at a later date. A character studio like that would be great, especially compared to some of the alternatives I was considering...
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:27 pm

MasterBedwomb wrote:I’ll remove the assets if requested by the original developer

Quoting from the original developer of Shrinking fun (Page 57):

generalr wrote:Important Details: You can ABSOULTELY. 100%. WITH FULL PERMISSION FROM ME. Recreate and use this game however you want with one exception - no money changing hands. This game is made with assets sourced from all over the internet, and the only way it is at all acceptable is that there is no money from us. No patreons promoting what you work on, and no asking for donations for your work. That's all I can ask. If you do decide to do that sort of thing, you forfeit all sorts of legal protections and have very weak legal justification. I'd appreciate if you gave credit to all the people you work with. And you should probably not go claiming you made everything yourself. Shoulders of giants and all that.

If you want to work on this, fine, go for it. TheNinja0 and I agree on one thing about this project - it's about creating a game that inspires people to make more content in the future. I haven't been in contact with him, but I'm sure he'd agree that any meddling you do with the source and any modifications you make are fine and encouraged! Just don't go claiming you own it and continue in the spirit of encouraging others to make games.

TL;DR: You have full permission to use the assets, as long if you don't monetize or claim it as your own. :-D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MasterBedwomb » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:50 pm

SquishySofty wrote:TL;DR: You have full permission to use the assets, as long if you don't monetize or claim it as your own. :-D

I figured something was said somewhere about it, but digging through 100+ pages of posts just to look for that was not something I was interested in doing. That's reassuring to hear though, especially since I had no plans of monetizing the game anytime soon, if ever. Thanks for linking that.

I probably will still find a replacement at some point regardless, since the assets don't match the overworld characters very well and discrepancies will become more apparent as I add more characters.
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Postby ForggotenPrey » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:04 pm

sounds interesting, can we get some screenshots?
ForggotenPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby ClassifiedPerson » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Where it says 'this game will probably never contain', I see 'most uncommon types of vore', to which I'm assuming male unbirth preds are out of the question? Males with vaginas are commonly called "cuntboys", though I don't like using the term. Anyway that will not be present I'm guessing?
ClassifiedPerson
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archangel64 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:25 pm

i looking forward to see what u´ll have done, sounds very good so far
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MasterBedwomb » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:14 pm

ForggotenPrey wrote:can we get some screenshots?

I'm probably gonna refrain from providing screenshots until the assets I'm using are of my own creation. Since they're currently not (as discussed above), I'll probably provide screenshots alongside a later release.

ClassifiedPerson wrote:Where it says 'this game will probably never contain', I see 'most uncommon types of vore', to which I'm assuming male unbirth preds are out of the question?

Hadn't considered it, I haven't seen much content of that style. If I do add something for that, it's probably going to be a minor feature, and it'll be much much later in development. Many of the minor tags that are in the plans will be introduced a fair bit into development themselves, and likely won't see the light of day for a while.

tl;dr yes, probably
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Postby FurryDesirer » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:52 am

Will there any belly bulge (small pump) when the womb was filled with prey?
FurryDesirer
Been posting for a bit

Postby ClassifiedPerson » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:59 pm

MasterBedwomb wrote:Hadn't considered it, I haven't seen much content of that style. If I do add something for that, it's probably going to be a minor feature, and it'll be much much later in development. Many of the minor tags that are in the plans will be introduced a fair bit into development themselves, and likely won't see the light of day for a while.

tl;dr yes, probably

Ooh if there's a possibility of it then you have my interest. I enjoy male-preds only and strangely enough "mangino" vore (man + vagina = mangina with an 'o' for masculinity) is a pretty obscure kink I have, like I'm into unbirth but only if it's a male XD Love to see that become a feature even if it comes in later on and is small.
ClassifiedPerson
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tranzora » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:58 pm

I really wanna see this, as a guy who mostly likes UB
Tranzora
Been posting for a bit

Postby MasterBedwomb » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:42 pm

ZhaoYun192 wrote:Will there any belly bulge (small pump) when the womb was filled with prey?

Not with the current assets, sadly, but I've definitely thought about it for the future! It'll depend on how I end up making/getting more permanent assets developed as the game expands.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
As a quick update for those keeping an eye on this, the first release should be available in a few days, as planned. Here's a few more hints as to the content provided, which I will also add to the main post upon release:

—The beginning of an underlying story
———You've volunteered to be a lab rat for a scientist working under a rich family on their private island. With a promises of a sizeable payment and a long boat ride, you can only hope that whatever experiments they'll be doing on you are worth it. Everything seems to go smoothly, until it doesn't...

—2 characters, Allison and Willow
———Allison is the main star of V0.0.1, Willow has a couple of scenes but she plays a more significant role in the underlying story at present. She'll be more developed in the next version.

—7 different Unbirth scenes

—A console where you can fully explore the game's mechanics and balance (or break it completely), which will be removed later
(This is mainly here because it feels to me that the AI is a little unbalanced and/or a bit unfair, but it's difficult for me to gauge on my own what should be adjusted before I incorporate more difficult characters. Once you get your hands on it, feel free to criticize any issues you feel exist, I will actively be looking for feedback!)
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Postby Leahperson » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:37 pm

I am intrigued. Definitely curious if you will be able to fix some of the big problems with the games this inspired (Frustrating RNG based escape systems).
Leahperson
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cielie » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:45 am

I have a question, is there any plan to have the option to change gender?
Sorry for asking.^^'
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby MasterBedwomb » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:43 am

Leahperson wrote:I am intrigued. Definitely curious if you will be able to fix some of the big problems with the games this inspired (Frustrating RNG based escape systems).

I sure hope so, that was one of the main reasons I decided to try my hand at it in the first place! :D
While not RNG-heavy, the current system might be a little unfair though, as touched upon above, so one of my main focuses for continued development immediately after V0.0.1 releases will be optimizing the behavior of your unbirther to be more fair and enjoyable.

Cielie wrote:I have a question, is there any plan to have the option to change gender? Sorry for asking.^^'

No need to apologize, questions are encouraged!
Because a gender change would likely increase the amount of dialogue I'd have to write by a substantial amount, it's currently not in the plans. There are simply a lot of other things that are higher on my list of additions and revisions.
It's not completely out of the picture, but it also isn't going to be in the picture for a while. I've tossed around the idea of implementing it as a "You can now play as Luigi" sort of deal if you finish the main story, but that would be a long ways down the road - especially since the main story hasn't been developed yet. :lol:
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Re: Shrink Island: Unbirth-Centered RPG [V0.0.1]

Postby MasterBedwomb » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:45 am

V0.0.1 has been released! The download is available under the download tab in the OP.

There are a few bugs I'm already aware of that I found after I compiled and uploaded it, but because fixing them involves restructuring a significant portion of the engine they will be fixed in the next version alongside whatever other additions I make.
MasterBedwomb
Been posting for a bit

Re: Shrink Island: Unbirth-Centered RPG [V0.0.1]

Postby Hook85 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:24 am

just got the game downloaded. seems fair at first glance, but if possible id rather not have timers on the text rather a config in the menu for text speed.
Hook85
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game