Another Inner World Season 2 Episode 3 - Updated 01/26

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Another Inner World Episode 14 - Updated 2/8

Postby Panzershark » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:05 pm

EnderTG wrote:
S4lv4d0r wrote:I wanted to ask one thing: I know we're not getting a new chapter every month on the 8th now, but will there still be a schedule? Like, will still release on the 8th, maybe every 2 months?
ALSO: Is the first chapter already out on Patreon? 'caus you can see glimpses of the posts there and I saw one that mentioned 'Season 2 Episode 2'
Only release I see is Post-Season Release 2, which appears to be more of the additional game overs and states its a between season release, not part of the second season.

As far as releases go, yes it is only Post-Season Game-Overs, but there were some excerpts of Season 2 scenes including one from Episode 2 from what I saw, which is likely what confused them.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Progressive » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:17 pm

S4lv4d0r wrote:I wanted to ask one thing: I know we're not getting a new chapter every month on the 8th now, but will there still be a schedule? Like, will still release on the 8th, maybe every 2 months?
ALSO: Is the first chapter already out on Patreon? 'caus you can see glimpses of the posts there and I saw one that mentioned 'Season 2 Episode 2'

No hard release schedule as of right now, though Cheese and I have started writing Season 2 content and are on track for the first WIP release (patron only) sometime in April. Don’t take this as gospel, but our current rough estimate is that Season 2 Episode 1 will be ready in May for early release to Patreon. When that comes out, public will get the extra game overs we’ve been releasing in the Post-Season—there are currently six available as follows (may contain some spoilers; expand with care):

Spoiler: show
Post-Season New Game Overs:
  • Episode 5 - A new scene where you and Mira can overstay your welcome at the canine demi’s tavern
  • Episode 5 - A new Mira scene after surviving Ashlyn
  • Episode 6 - A new option with the brick-moving bee girl
  • Episode 8 - A new variant of the final Eury encounter
  • Episode 12 - A new scene where you can push questioning Gwen a bit too far
  • Episode 12 - A new variant of the Ciala game over
(Might also have an extra game over in the works, stay tuned)

Going forward, public releases will remain one episode behind patreon regardless of how long an episode takes to write. We will still be putting out patron-exclusive WiPs each month, but this does mean a slightly longer lag for the public overall. Our patreon will always have access to the latest and greatest.

Regarding any potential confusion about Season 2 Episode 2, we have not posted any previews or WiPs as of now, just to make sure no one subscribes with the wrong idea. We are, however, currently running a poll for that episode to determine the vore type of an unspecified predator in the second episode—the options available are a bit eclectic (cleavage, breast (nipple), belly-maw, navel, AV). It’ll be up until the morning of March 29th if anyone’s interested in subscribing and voting, though the current results are pretty heavily a landslide in favor of AV. However, the data helps us determine reader preference going forward, and any support is always greatly appreciated!

Wolfsage wrote:Found this by pure chance a few days ago and have been enjoying reading it so far. Mira is my favorite character, but I have one question.
How did she retrieve the dagger from inside the Harpy after she ate it? Part of me really don't want to know, but another part of me is curious as hell.

Glad you’re enjoying reading through the story! We’d love to hear your thoughts as you progress.
In regards to your question: Mira’s insides work in mysterious ways. You may have to go in there and figure it out, else you may never know how she got that knife from the harpy.

Cheers!
Progressive
Been posting for a bit

Postby TeamFortress2 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:32 am

There is a lot I want to say about this game.
When I get passionate about something, I tend to write essays about it, consider yourself warned of what's to come.

First up, a bit of background:
For the past few years, whenever I had to fill in some time while on the train, on vacation, etc. I went for the app called "Choice Games" made by "Delight Games". The app is a collection of gamified novels, linear stories, where you sometimes got to make choices. The only thing these choices did (besides sometimes resulting in an instant game over) was change stats, which at the end of the chapter were translated into a highscore. Unfortunately, I recently ran out of stories in that app. When I was on ski vacation about two months ago, I found myself waiting in my hotel room, idly browsing eka's to see if there were any interesting games that I could try out once I got home. This is when I found exactly what I needed in that moment: Another Inside World. A story game where you sometimes make choices, just like the app I used to pass the time with.
This was even better though, because, not only was the inclusion of vore bound to lead to some novel ideas, unlike the gamified novels I was used to, some of the choices in Another Inside World, actually had an impact in later chapters. So, over the next 2 months, I ended up reading the 14 available chapters during breaks, or whenever I found myself waiting on the train.

Thoughts on the game (spoilers for chapters 1-14):
The main thing I was looking for with this game, was a story I could immerse myself in. I'm not interested in prey content, so I didn't go out of my way to see vore scenes, in fact, I tried to avoid game overs as much as possible because I wanted it to be a story shaped by my choices, and dying would make me feel disconnected from the story, because "my choices" would have never led to the rest of the story. I've only done a single playthrough, and, for now, don't intend to explore different routes. I'd preferably go into the rest of the chapters with only the knowledge of the single timeline of events that my choices have led to.

The first thing that pleasantly surprised me was the main character. I really liked how, despite having an interest in vore, he wasn't suicidal, he had, in my eyes, very realistic reactions to the situation he found himself in. I also thought his "lizard brain" was a funny character in it's own right. I thought the main character was pretty similar to me, and it was very easy for me to place myself in his shoes.
Unfortunately this changed slightly as the chapters went on, his interests in vore started drifting further away from my own, his preyish tendencies growing more prevalent as time went on. But, I very much expected this to happen, I know what kind of game I am playing after all.

Something that I do wish stayed more like the first few chapters, is the lead-up to game over scenes. Maybe it's because the early chapters contained less combat, but I felt like the game over scenes were either clearly telegraphed or allow you multiple chances to figure the non-game over option out.
In later chapters, game overs often felt random, either option could be the one that avoids the game over, and I felt like I was essentially flipping a coin.
This is something I perceive as an issue, because, as stated before, game overs cause me to lose some immersion in the story.
I don't mind it when the consequences aren't clearly telegraphed when it comes to choices that have non-game over consequences, because unlike game overs, I can actually "live with" these consequences.

That probably sounds like a lot of negativity, which paints a wrong picture of my feelings towards this game, because I am absolutely in love with this world, the characters and the story they're in. So, to get some more positivity in here, let's start talking about those!

The first day was something special. I was alone in a world I knew nothing about, totally clueless to the dangers around me. Sure, I knew that vore was something that exists here, but I had no clue to what extend. I was frightened, and then I met Mira, who managed to calm most of my nerves.
Despite she being the one who asked all the questions, I ended up learning a lot. The most frightening thing I learned was that everyone has the ability to vore, not just monsters, not just demis, not just females, everyone.
However, despite this scary revelation, I felt safer than ever, thanks to having Mira by my side.
This feeling of safety became fleeting when we reached her hideout and she started drinking. As she crept closer to me and my fears became a reality, I learned my next important lesson: I am utterly powerless and at the mercy of others.

When I was let out the next morning, I knew that Mira wouldn't intentionally harm me, but I no longer felt safe, it was just a matter of time before she'd lose control again, and there'd be no guarantee that she wouldn't finish me off next time.
Despite this, Mira was still the only person I knew and it was clear that she didn't mean to do me harm, so, for now, I'd still rather stick with her.

The event that took place when Mira and I crossed the bridge in order to go to the library, is one of my favorites in the entire story.
When I got grabbed, and Mira was told to part with her money or I'd suffer a gastric demise, I was convinced that that was it, my first death. I'd have to go back and choose a different path.
In my mind, there was no way that Mira, a thief who has spent a long time on gaining those possessions, would trade that in for some stranger she met the other day and almost killed herself, barely batting an eye. I was expecting her to turn tail.
When instead, she gave up her money in order to save me, I was shocked. I fell in love with her character right then and there (not romantically (yet)). All my doubts about my chances of survival if I were to stick with her faded away. I was now convinced that staying by Mira's side was a good idea after all and sticking by her side was exactly what I was determined to do, so I could repay my debt to her.
The time spent in the library made me like her even more. I absolutely adored the way she tried to look busy despite being bored, the way she tried to help despite not being qualified, and how happy she seemed when I entertained her for a bit.

Meeting Vanille was a great change of pace. While hanging out with Mira was great, I did feel a need for someone I could have serious chats with, someone who could be an anchor point for my sanity. Vanille delivered exactly that.
Vanille telling me that multiple people trying to eat me every day wasn't normal, was quite relieving. Sure, me being cursed to attract that kind of attention is bad, but the knowledge that this is not a normal thing stopped me from going crazy with the thought as to how society hasn't collapsed yet in this world if people try to eat each other this often.
I was happy to have both Vanille and Mira with me when we set out on our adventure. Mira being a beacon of joy and Vanille being a beacon of safety.
Sure, the two of them didn't exactly get along at first, but this issue quickly went away over time.

Then we met Ashlyn. I won't lie, I'm not a fan of Ashlyn. Her first introduction didn't leave a good impression on me. While I enjoyed our chat, I did not enjoy how malicious she seemed. But someone trying to eat me is not something I hold a long-term grudge over. (I'm still happily hanging out with Mira after all.)
What made me really dislike Ashlyn, was what she did to the guy (I forgot his name) that was with us when going through the bee hive. The one that kept bragging about his achievements.
I did not appreciate how she just used a small distraction to end one of our party member's lives while no one was looking, and ended up getting away with it.
If she was bold enough to do this to one of her party members once, there wasn't any guarantee she wouldn't pull the same shit again, but this time targeting me, or worse, Vanille or Mira.
All I could think about was how much I wish I could leave her behind and continue on with just Mira and Vanille.

This whole thing with Ashlyn did lead to another one of my favorite moments in the entire story. While training with Vanille, the main character brought up what happened between Ashlyn and the guy when the queen bee was charging us. As he brought up his issues, I felt as one with the main character. It did not sit well with me that someone who we were exploring with, even if they were a bit annoying, would just be eaten by another member of our party right from under our noses, and no one seemed to really care.
Vanille agreeing with me, made me really glad and allowed me to feel like she was a close friend I could be open with and share things that are bothering me.

Speaking of the training with Vanille, I really like how much payoff it had. When I was able to hit vanille with the spear while being swallowed by the worm-girl, I felt quite accomplished.

The haunted temple is where my negative feelings towards Ashlyn got challenged, but only very slightly. It was interesting that Ashlyn decided to stick around and rescue the rest of the party, instead of leaving me to fend for my own.
I also learned something vague about Vanille's motivation for helping me, unfortunately, it never got brought up for the rest of the 14 chapters, probably because I didn't hang out with her at the right moment.

Before the temple, it felt like my friendship with Vanille was steadily getting stronger, unfortunately, after the temple, that progress seemed to come to a complete stop. I suspect this is because when I was given the option to choose between hanging out with Vanille or hanging out Mira, I'd generally pick Mira.
While there was the part where I just think Mira is the most fun character to hang out with, the main reason I tended to pick her, was because Vanille and Ashlyn were both capable people who could look out for themselves. Meanwhile Mira and me had a tendency to get into trouble.
By sticking with Mira, we were able to watch each other's backs. Mira was able to keep me out of physical trouble, while I was able to keep her out of social trouble. (Admittedly neither of us gave perfect protection against the other person's flaw)

Thus, when the centaur raid happened, I was hanging out with Mira, who just became my girlfriend?! Omg yes! I'm so happy!
*Cough* anyways, so the centaur raid was happening and while trying to re-unite with the rest of the party, I found myself in a position where I could attempt to save someone from a trip to a centaur's stomach. I was still trying to avoid game overs as the plague, and I felt certain that the best case scenario with my rescue attempt, would be to trade one meal for another. Worst case, the centaur would have 3 meals instead of 1.
I was ready to just move on, and regroup with the others, but then I remembered that regrouping with the others, also meant regrouping with Vanille. If Vanille was in this situation, there's no way she wouldn't try and save this villager. There is no way I could reunite with her, knowing I let someone die to save my own skin, especially after our chat during training.
So, I picked up my spear and charged the centaur, knowing that it'd result in a reset, but I had to at least try.
So, when it actually worked out, and me and Mira managed to take down the centaur together, the feeling of accomplishment I had was pure euphoria. It felt like all my choices lead me to this exact moment, all adding up for the perfect payoff.
My relation with Vanille gave me the courage to face the centaur. My training with Vanille gave me the strength to have a meaningful impact in the fight, and my relationship with Mira provided the assistance I needed to win the fight.
Skipping straight to the search for the underground city: Ashlyn electrocuted herself in order to stun the water spirit. It was around this time that I stopped wishing for Ashlyn to leave the party. I hate to admit it, but they have proven to be pretty useful so far, and I actually like the way they act now, mainly because of how the Main Character reacts to her antics by shutting her down in some fun way. But it annoys me that it feels out of character for her to be like this, due to what she did when she first joined the party.
Ashlyn then and Ashlyn now are almost totally separate entities in my mind. Ashlyn then was a sadistic person that got pleasure out of the suffering of others. Ashlyn now is a prankster that likes to mess with people's heads.
While I like her more now, I can't help but feel like she just doesn't fit in this story, partly due to how radically changed she feels, partly because she seems a tad bit too crazy for this world.
But, if she stays the way she is now, I might forget about her introduction one day and will actually like the character as a whole.

The next thing I want to talk about is the octo-girl fight. I'd like to start out about vending my frustrations over a game over. Mira was swallowed by the lower mouth. I had to choose to either go after her via the bottom or the top mouth. The right answer seemed really obvious to me. "Mira went in through the lower mouth, so that's the obvious path to follow, there is no guarantee that the regular mouth leads to the same location that Mira went to, and even if it does lead to the same location, taking the regular entrance will result in the rope being noticed, so the octo-girl could use that knowledge to turn the tables on me. The lower mouth is clearly the right choice".
So, I was kinda annoyed when it somehow turned out to be the wrong choice, even in hindsight, I still think it was the right choice.
Anyways this game over lead to a scene that was way more wholesome than it had any right to be: Mira cuddling up next to me and expressing her happiness (provably in part because of the knowledge that I risked my life to try and save her, and in part because she got to spend the last moments of her life with her boyfriend)
*Ahem* anyways, back to events that didn't get canonically removed. Ever since Vanille admitted that she didn't know what to do with herself, back in the temple, I've been somewhat afraid. Vanille has been the anchorpoint for my sanity all this time, so the revelation that she wasn't in the best mental space herself, filled me with dread. This dread became reality when Vanille lost her shit and sliced that octo-girl into parts that even I could swallow whole.

I cannot stress enough how much I wanted to go to the baths with Mira that evening, but after what happened in the underground city, I couldn't leave Vanille alone. I could always have fun with Mira later, but Vanille seemed to need me now. She was able to vent her frustrations, and seemed to be in a much better state the next day, so I'm glad I turned Mira down for that 1 evening.

On to the murder trial, I really liked the way Sherine was introduced. Since she couldn't talk and I was forced to defend her, I ended up making all kinds of theories, all leading to the conclusion that Sherine is innocent, only to have the exact same reaction that the main character had, when Sherine immediately admitted to being guilty the moment she had a chance to speak.
I thought the whole trial was a really fun change of pace, I enjoy the social interactions in this game, and this trial had a lot of social interactions.

One thing I really wish wasn't done however, was the reveal that the only punishment Sherine would face, was 2 weeks of community service if she was found guilty. I know that the joke is supposed to be that this world makes no sense. But this was on a whole other level of nonsense. I've still not recovered from the tonal whiplash that reveal gave me. (Though, credit where credit is due, striking through that whole section of text when the MC also couldn't accept it, was a genius joke)

The last event I want to mention was when we ran into Allie again, this time with Sherine in the party. I really appreciated the opportunity to just talk to her. I enjoyed that chat a lot. (I've tried talking to her before, but that just led to a game over). She reminded me a bit of the mimics we ran into (more on those later).

I've had a bit of time with Sherine now and have formed some opinions on her. I like her about as much as Ashlyn, but for almost the complete opposite reasons.
While I am not a big fan of Ashlyn's character, I really enjoy the way the main character reacts to her antics, Ashlyn being shut down is kinda cathartic I guess, but it's nice that it doesn't feel mean spirited and both parties seem to enjoy the interaction.
Meanwhile, I actually like Sherine's character more by quite a margin, but I hate the way that the main character reacts to her. He always goes prey mode around her, and I've felt more disconnected from the main character ever since Sherine joined the party.

Next up, a few scrambled thoughts that I didn't manage to fit into the linear sequence of events.

I like how the curse of being targeted is often used as a way to draw agro and solve conflicts. It's a great way to make the player feel like they have a role in combat encounters, despite being severely outmatched in pure combat prowess.

It doesn't make much sense to me that the main character is suddenly an archery ace. I don't remember getting any training with the bow in this world, and no training prior to getting to this world was mentioned. I think it'd be nice if some explanation for why the main character is proficient in archery was added, like archery clubs being relatively common in our world and him being in one.

Mimics, mimics deserve their own section. I absolutely adore them. I love everything about their mannerisms. The way they slowly try to shuffle away when they catch their Mira prey, as if everyone else in the room wouldn't notice them. The way they hold still in fear when Vanille approaches, as if it's somehow gonna help them hide. The way they try to clean up Mira after releasing her, as if to say "See? She's perfectly fine, please don't hurt me".
The 2 scenes I've seen with a mimic were some of my favorites throughout the whole story, they haven't failed to give me a chuckle yet.

In summary:
I came across this game while looking for a 30 minute distraction, and found a story I've gotten invested in and have been reading in my free time for almost 2 months. The characters are where this story appeals to me the most, and I'm also really impressed with the long-term effect of certain choices.
I especially like Mira with her boundless optimism and playfulness, and Vanille for her goodhearted nature and her being a beacon of strength for me.

Going forward, I hope to see more character interactions (not that it's currently lacking in character interactions, I just mean "keep it up"), it'd especially be nice if picking one character didn't always feel like neglecting the others. I'm not asking for a harem where you get into a romantic relationship with everyone, or that you never have to pick between characters at all, but for the last few chapters, it feels like I've barely interacted with Vanille as a result of having to choose between her or Mira, who I'm romancing in my story.
It'd be nice if game overs were a little more obvious when making choices. It feels bad when I try picking the option that I think is safest, but get a game over instead and lose some of my immersion.

And I might as well make an unrealistic request:
I don't know what'll happen once the quest is finished, likely we'll be stuck in this world, but in case of us being able to travel back to our own world, I think it'd be nice if we could take our companions with us, and have some sort of after story set in the "real" world.
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Prize » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:51 pm

This game is so great, but if we were to propose AI generated appearences, would you be open to incorporate them into the game ? Like you say how you want it to look like, we generate until it suits you and maybe it gets included ? If so, I would be up to help ! I feel like this would be just enough to make your game the best game of the genre here !
Prize
New to the forum

Postby S4lv4d0r » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:01 pm

So, just a suggestion with the release date: I think the puplic and patreon version should be 1 month apart from each other like it was before. Maybe I'm just saying that as a non patreon (I am planning to become one though!), but I think releasing a chapter, making it free a month later and then doing the same for the next however long it takes would be cool!
S4lv4d0r
Been posting for a bit

Postby reliuskaiser » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:04 pm

Oh my, I think I found another project to look forward to. Neat.
And Thus the World knew color.

Now Seeking to Roleplay here:http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38901
reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Alexios » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:27 am

Finished the last chapter of season 1 yesterday, and I mean..... uoooggh...

It was good but ;-;
Alexios
New to the forum

Postby Yoinkedmyyeet » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:51 pm

The ending of season one is so damn gut-wrenching(in a positive way)...
I'm really attached to these characters and the last conversation with Mira kinda wrecked me(romancing her too) p-p
Yoinkedmyyeet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Midir » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:00 pm

Wow, I really love the writing. And it fits the interactive story format really well too.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby reliuskaiser » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:53 pm

I feel a bit hurt after reading that final conversation. I need..I need to go hug something. My heart hurts for MC.
And Thus the World knew color.

Now Seeking to Roleplay here:http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38901
reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Yoinkedmyyeet » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:07 am

reliuskaiser wrote:I feel a bit hurt after reading that final conversation. I need..I need to go hug something. My heart hurts for MC.

*Hugs* also... poor Mira p.p
Yoinkedmyyeet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Yoinkedmyyeet » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:20 pm

CoralinePal wrote:quick question:
is the player male or female?

Male
Yoinkedmyyeet
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatme152 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:56 pm

Hey I wanted to give my two cents. First off, I like the game alot and think the writing and story so far is pretty good. I especially like Ashlyn and was hoping that there will some more vore scenes with her, and maybe have more opportunity to enhance her relationship with the player. I also feel that even though the player is obviously into being vore, there is not really many willing vore scenes or game overs, the only willing game-over scene i can think of is letting mira eat you in the hot tub and staying for too long, but that is still implied to be an accident.

I just like the idea of having a choice to allow yourself to be eaten and digested at various points, even if it is out of character. Like for example, the mushroom girls in the sewers, I like how they tease you about eating you and I wish there was a way basically go back and let them have you. Like maybe after certain point of people (*ahem* Ashlyn) teasing, the player can no longer resist the temptation. Especially considering all of the internal monologue fantasizing about being eaten and him having to calm himself down.

Another idea is to have more dialogue options in parts with a lot of conversation happening between characters, just to break up large pages of text and not necessarily to alter the story in any way.

Anyways thats it, just some ideas. Idk if you already plan on doing stuff like that but yeah.
eatme152
Been posting for a bit

Postby Augustin » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:52 pm

Spectacular writing and storytelling. By the end, I was actively trying to survive, and that's rare in a vore game. My heart stood in my throat for most of the courtroom chapter. Such good characters too. I ended up going the Mira route, but I want to try again for Vanille and Sherine.

That said...

I've never met an author (authors!?) so enamoured of the word "divot" :P
Augustin
New to the forum

Postby thecheese01 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:13 am

Hello! Some news and responses and such.

First things first, I’m pleased to announce that we posted our first WIP release of Season 2 Episode 1 on patreon if you wanna get an early look. It’s got about half the episode’s word count so far. Second, we’ve been posting some extra game overs for Season 1 over the last few months. These should be coming to the public version of the game sometime in May, but you can access them right now if you subscribe. In fact, we’ll be adding another game over in a few days—a vore scene with the myconids in Episode 10 that’s, err… “fun” for the whole party.

Lastly, this month’s patreon poll is also running from the time of this posting until the morning of April 28th. Basically, there are a lot of reasons to sign up for the AIW Patreon right now/this month. Thank you for reading this blatant and unapologetic sales pitch.

Anyway, onto thread responses:
TeamFortress2 wrote:There is a lot I want to say about this game.
When I get passionate about something, I tend to write essays about it, consider yourself warned of what's to come.

Thanks for taking the time to write out all your thoughts. We’re always a little surprised when people engage with the story to such a strong degree, and we like to read people’s impressions. It’s funny to hear how many people wind up actively avoiding game overs, despite the vore scenes within usually being the whole point of vore games. I take that as a compliment that we’ve done a good job crafting a compelling narrative and cast of characters. And speaking of…

Good choice kissing the cat; you made the right decision. I have no bias whatsoever.

I’d actually be super curious to hear about any particular examples where you felt completely blindsided by a gameover. We’re obviously limited in how thoroughly we can test this stuff, and any additional feedback is always hugely appreciated.

Prize wrote:This game is so great, but if we were to propose AI generated appearances, would you be open to incorporate them into the game ? Like you say how you want it to look like, we generate until it suits you and maybe it gets included ? If so, I would be up to help ! I feel like this would be just enough to make your game the best game of the genre here !

Thanks for the offer, but we will not be incorporating AI-generated art into Another Inner World.

S4lv4d0r wrote:So, just a suggestion with the release date: I think the public and patreon version should be 1 month apart from each other like it was before. Maybe I'm just saying that as a non patreon (I am planning to become one though!), but I think releasing a chapter, making it free a month later and then doing the same for the next however long it takes would be cool!

Both Prog and I have put a good amount of thought into how we are handling these releases, and we’re happy with the plan we’ve got going forward. Our supporters are very special to us, and we want to give them something brand new to chew on each month in return for their investment in AIW. Everything we write for the Another Inner World text adventure game will eventually be freely available to the public, so that early access window is a large part of the value we offer through Patreon.

Alexios wrote:Finished the last chapter of season 1 yesterday, and I mean..... uoooggh...
It was good but ;-;

Yoinkedmyyeet wrote:The ending of season one is so damn gut-wrenching(in a positive way)...
I'm really attached to these characters and the last conversation with Mira kinda wrecked me(romancing her too) p-p

reliuskaiser wrote:I feel a bit hurt after reading that final conversation. I need..I need to go hug something. My heart hurts for MC.

We’re happy to hear that Season 1 evoked such a strong reaction. You can find others to commiserate with on our Discord, but I assure you it was every bit as painful to write.

Midir wrote:Wow, I really love the writing. And it fits the interactive story format really well too.

Thanks! We spend a lot of time thinking about how interactivity can be applied to stories and how to use it effectively. It’s nice to know we’ve learned our lessons!

Yoinkedmyyeet wrote:
CoralinePal wrote:quick question:
is the player male or female?

Male

It looks like the original comment is gone, but I’d like to add that we have been wanting to tackle gender choice in the game for a while now. Currently, we’re focussing on a pronoun selector (male/female/nonbinary), but that will somewhat set up the foundation for choosing between a penis or a vagina + breasts (We aren’t planning on including intersex options, because even the above binary will require a mountain of additional writing, mostly centered around all the sex scenes that need changes/fundamental rewrites).

The pronoun selector remains an ongoing concern, as it will take a lot of development time to implement—time that won’t be spent on creating new content. Even more troubling, the longer we go without setting it up, the more retroactive work we’ll have when the time comes to implement it.

eatme152 wrote:Hey I wanted to give my two cents. First off, I like the game alot and think the writing and story so far is pretty good. I especially like Ashlyn and was hoping that there will some more vore scenes with her, and maybe have more opportunity to enhance her relationship with the player. I also feel that even though the player is obviously into being vore, there is not really many willing vore scenes or game overs, the only willing game-over scene i can think of is letting mira eat you in the hot tub and staying for too long, but that is still implied to be an accident.

I just like the idea of having a choice to allow yourself to be eaten and digested at various points, even if it is out of character. Like for example, the mushroom girls in the sewers, I like how they tease you about eating you and I wish there was a way basically go back and let them have you. Like maybe after certain point of people (*ahem* Ashlyn) teasing, the player can no longer resist the temptation. Especially considering all of the internal monologue fantasizing about being eaten and him having to calm himself down.

Another idea is to have more dialogue options in parts with a lot of conversation happening between characters, just to break up large pages of text and not necessarily to alter the story in any way.

Anyways thats it, just some ideas. Idk if you already plan on doing stuff like that but yeah.

While we appreciate the feedback, AIW is written primarily to our tastes as authors. We try to cast a decently wide net when it comes to fetish content, but one of our foundational principles was an open rejection of the typical RPG Maker vore game scene where the player character feeds themselves to a random NPC with no more motive than, ‘am horny.’ It’s very, very difficult to craft a character that can, without any prompting, just leap right into the void while still maintaining plausible motivations and relationships. Not impossible, but also not the story we’re interested in telling.

The number-one recurring feedback we’ve received has been praise of our characters. They’re relatable and compelling at least partially because they’re fundamentally written as believable people who don’t off themselves at the drop of a hat. Even with the player character, we try our best to write someone that deals with “vore-brained” temptations—the very thoughts you are expressing. But acting on them (especially without sufficient motive) is disruptive. We’re never going to portray them as being actively, excessively suicidal. Reckless, foolish, or downright idiotic? Sure. But not a vehement death wish.

To your second suggestion: having learned a lot about interactive stories in the past year, we are interested in reviewing some of the longer, dialogue-heavy passages in order to break up the page a bit and have more clicks. It’s been a learning process, and we’re always looking to improve.

Augustin wrote:Spectacular writing and storytelling. By the end, I was actively trying to survive, and that's rare in a vore game. My heart stood in my throat for most of the courtroom chapter. Such good characters too. I ended up going the Mira route, but I want to try again for Vanille and Sherine.

That said...

I've never met an author (authors!?) so enamoured of the word "divot"

Two authors; Prog and I work as a team and do comprehensive reviews of every word that gets written. And FYI, ‘divot’ appears 13 times in the 650,000 words of text. Yes, I checked. It’s a bold move to highlight our word choices, especially for a writer with a gallery on this site. :P

Otherwise, glad to hear Episode 12 was a favorite. It was a tough one to write, but it’s definitely landed as one of my personal favorites.

And I think that’s everything. Thank you all for the feedback and enthusiasm. Both Prog and I are glad to be digging into Season 2, and we’re excited to have more AIW to share with you soon!
thecheese01
Been posting for a bit

Postby S4lv4d0r » Fri May 05, 2023 8:13 pm

So, a few questions:
1: Are there gonna be more companions? Or are we gonna stop at 4? (or roll it back with the recruitment? Like, 1 new character per season for example)

2: Is there gonna be a chapter select in one of the updates for the game? Like, where you can either jump to one to see the new game overs and stuff for people who accidentally didn't make a folder sooner to save all their... saves.

3: I think I asked this already, but relating to the first question, are there ever going to be (permanent, that writer guy doesn't count) male companions? Obviously, not ones that eat you. Or maybe like a type of recurring villain or sth that becomes an ally later in the story.

4: ...there is no question 4, so I'm just gonna say that I love this game. This is the first game (not just vore game) where I actively waited for updates and I honestly can't wait to see more of your stuff

Edit: Ok, there is one other thing. Can you actually complete the game with like only platonic relationships? You know what I mean, that you're just kind of best buds with the group, but don't particularly want a romance with any of them
S4lv4d0r
Been posting for a bit

Postby mark404 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:48 pm

Hey so uh... curious... can you rizz vanille? Or is it just Mira?
mark404
Been posting for a bit

Postby EricaRain » Mon May 08, 2023 1:17 am

mark404 wrote:Hey so uh... curious... can you rizz vanille? Or is it just Mira?

How far have you made it so far?
EricaRain
New to the forum

Postby mark404 » Mon May 08, 2023 5:02 pm

11 I think... I just finished the trial. Just starting 12
mark404
Been posting for a bit

Postby EricaRain » Tue May 09, 2023 2:06 am

You should keep going. Just make sure you're on a save where you're not dating Mira. :wink:
EricaRain
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game