Ates - A Vore Card Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ates - A Vore Card Game

Postby jasamprn » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:05 am

I played the one game and well, it was so unwinnable it wasn't fun. Just not enough hearts on the table (and my draws were terrable, but I don't think it would of mattered.).
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:14 am

Amazing game, can't wait for sound effects :)
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Creaturedude » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:15 am

This is absolutely incredible!
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:32 am

jasamprn wrote:I played the one game and well, it was so unwinnable it wasn't fun. Just not enough hearts on the table (and my draws were terrable, but I don't think it would of mattered.).

some deals are going to be like that, but I've found that's generally the minority of games and you can sometimes work your way through it anyway if you understand the game well enough - especially important when you're prey. Sorry it wasn't more enjoyable for you
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby DawiKhazzad » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:48 pm

I really like this! Played with just cards dealing back and forth until the new release, and I have to say it's pretty great! Maybe in the future dialogue and backgrounds could be changed for different scenarios, but I think this has a lot of promise.
DawiKhazzad
New to the forum

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:05 am

Bump for update~<3

It's taken a little bit of time, but we've just implemented a dynamic audio system into the game. While playing, you'll now hear the dulcet tones of my gut as you digest/are digested. Preds get a muffled grumbling as their belly works around their dinner; prey get a cacophonous wet onslaught of gurgles as the walls around them close in.

As the game goes on, the ambiance will intensify with deeper murmurs and harsher growls. The feature I'm most excited about tho is the fact that, if you're playing against another person online, you will both hear the exact same digestive sequence from other sides of the stomach lining! When I was testing with Sehnsucht, I got such a high of of knowing that a little ripple for me was an all encompassing death knell for him. I'd recommend preds to try out preyside at least once so they can appreciate just what their food is going through~

Please let me know what you think!

https://ravensates.com/ates/
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby bloodle8 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:38 pm

FluffyLizardFunTime wrote:Bump for update~<3

It's taken a little bit of time, but we've just implemented a dynamic audio system into the game. While playing, you'll now hear the dulcet tones of my gut as you digest/are digested. Preds get a muffled grumbling as their belly works around their dinner; prey get a cacophonous wet onslaught of gurgles as the walls around them close in.

As the game goes on, the ambiance will intensify with deeper murmurs and harsher growls. The feature I'm most excited about tho is the fact that, if you're playing against another person online, you will both hear the exact same digestive sequence from other sides of the stomach lining! When I was testing with Sehnsucht, I got such a high of of knowing that a little ripple for me was an all encompassing death knell for him. I'd recommend preds to try out preyside at least once so they can appreciate just what their food is going through~

Please let me know what you think!

https://ravensates.com/ates/

Just checked out the new update, the sound addition is really neat! I like how it's more than just dynamic in regards to the game progressing, I could tell there were certain gurgles going off when the prey won rounds. Only complaint is that the sounds are really bassy. Like, it almost sounds like they're clipping or peaking the microphone, in a manner of speaking. The louder ones can be a little unpleasant because of that. I'm hoping a bit of audio tuning might help with that! Otherwise, a really lovely update to a lovely game - I'm really glad you're still working on stuff for it!
bloodle8
Participator

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:37 pm

bloodle8 wrote:Just checked out the new update, the sound addition is really neat! I like how it's more than just dynamic in regards to the game progressing, I could tell there were certain gurgles going off when the prey won rounds. Only complaint is that the sounds are really bassy. Like, it almost sounds like they're clipping or peaking the microphone, in a manner of speaking. The louder ones can be a little unpleasant because of that. I'm hoping a bit of audio tuning might help with that! Otherwise, a really lovely update to a lovely game - I'm really glad you're still working on stuff for it!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed! I can definitely pass on the feedback and see what we can do about easing the audio a little ^///^
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sehnsucht » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:54 pm

bloodle8 wrote:... the sound addition is really neat! I like how it's more than just dynamic in regards to the game progressing, I could tell there were certain gurgles going off when the prey won rounds. Only complaint is that the sounds are really bassy. Like, it almost sounds like they're clipping or peaking the microphone ...

Hi bloodle8! Thank you so much for your comments! Really thrilled you like the game :D

Are you hearing the issue from prey POV, or both POVs? Different filters were run over pred/prey audio to reduce noise and increase atmosphere, so maybe the filters in one or the other led to excessive bass/clipping.

Neither of us are sound engineers but we might be able to do something about this. Be that something as simple as a volume control, or something as in-depth as dynamic EQ. Can I just check, it's not the case that the sound is too loud, right?
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bloodle8 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:02 am

Sehnsucht wrote:
bloodle8 wrote:... the sound addition is really neat! I like how it's more than just dynamic in regards to the game progressing, I could tell there were certain gurgles going off when the prey won rounds. Only complaint is that the sounds are really bassy. Like, it almost sounds like they're clipping or peaking the microphone ...

Hi bloodle8! Thank you so much for your comments! Really thrilled you like the game :D

Are you hearing the issue from prey POV, or both POVs? Different filters were run over pred/prey audio to reduce noise and increase atmosphere, so maybe the filters in one or the other led to excessive bass/clipping.

Neither of us are sound engineers but we might be able to do something about this. Be that something as simple as a volume control, or something as in-depth as dynamic EQ. Can I just check, it's not the case that the sound is too loud, right?

As far as I can tell, the volume isn't the issue, nope! I'm hearing it from both ends, both pred and prey. It's like, a vibrating in your eardrums sort of feeling? Like I said, it seems like the sounds are just leaning way too hard into the bass end of the spectrum, though I'm no audio expert either, haha.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby Sehnsucht » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:44 am

Thanks for the additional details. We'll see what can be done.

One might also have to imagine that perhaps Raven is possessed of particularly bassy guts. I, for one, welcome this world. It feels appropriate that being digested by Raven is something like attending a rave.
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kanosint » Sat May 06, 2023 5:22 am

Very interesting!

The maximalist game designer in me can't help but wonder if something like different vore types could also result in modifiers to the core rules, and maybe some other modifier on the side of the pred and one on the side of the prey, to have a wide range of scenarios to play with.

Mind you, again, I'm the guy who plays complex board games so my comment here should be taken from that perspective. It's all depending on what you wish to achieve with the game in the end :3
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Sun May 07, 2023 4:07 am

Kanosint wrote:Very interesting!

The maximalist game designer in me can't help but wonder if something like different vore types could also result in modifiers to the core rules, and maybe some other modifier on the side of the pred and one on the side of the prey, to have a wide range of scenarios to play with.

Mind you, again, I'm the guy who plays complex board games so my comment here should be taken from that perspective. It's all depending on what you wish to achieve with the game in the end :3

Thank you!

And I mean, if you have ideas I'd definitely love to hear them ^///^ The biggest issue I found was in balancing the game so that it feels like both players have a good shot at winning - I mean it when I say the rules changed like twenty times because I wasn't happy with how games were playing out ^^; even the smallest seeming change, like adding two extra high cards, wildly affected who held the most control

New game modes would be super cool to add, but i think where the balance is so fragile it might be beyond the scope of this game - open to being surprised though, if you have some technical suggestions~<3
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kanosint » Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 am

FluffyLizardFunTime wrote:
Thank you!

And I mean, if you have ideas I'd definitely love to hear them ^///^ The biggest issue I found was in balancing the game so that it feels like both players have a good shot at winning - I mean it when I say the rules changed like twenty times because I wasn't happy with how games were playing out ^^; even the smallest seeming change, like adding two extra high cards, wildly affected who held the most control

New game modes would be super cool to add, but i think where the balance is so fragile it might be beyond the scope of this game - open to being surprised though, if you have some technical suggestions~<3

I don't have an immediate idea, though if it's balanced towards the pred, that's not a huge deal either. What came to mind was requiring one non-heart card to be won before going for hearts, but that certainly shifts heavily towards a pred victory.
That, and with the digital version, it might make things easier to playtest with a large group.
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Postby Anon293 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:52 pm

An idea to make things a little more fair for the prey, give the prey the ability to make the pred redraw their hand once per game. I've noticed that there are times when I will get a godlike hand right from the start of the game, and there's nothing the prey can do. Giving them this ability could give the prey a fighting chance in such a situation.
Anon293
Been posting for a bit

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:35 am

Hi peoples, tiny update

The game is currently offline, meaning you won't be able to play it (I really should have given more warning, so I'm really sorry) while Sehnsucht migrates it to another server. They've said this will also be how we host the next project we're working on - no spoilers just yet, but I'm taking heavy inspiration from Duamatef's Cartovore~<3

I'll post here when Ates is once again available to play. Thank you for your patience ^///^
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skeiron » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:26 pm

I saw the thread pop up and figured I would play another round. But then I read the post ^^;

Cartovore2 is one of my original vore game favourites, and I was pretty sad to find out when he passed away. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, if it is in any way similar :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:32 am

Skeiron wrote:I saw the thread pop up and figured I would play another round. But then I read the post ^^;

Cartovore2 is one of my original vore game favourites, and I was pretty sad to find out when he passed away. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, if it is in any way similar :)

Aha sorry, hopefully it won't be down for long <3

His games were the first I ever played, so they're pretty big in my heart - hoping we'll be able to create something even half as special
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Postby FluffyLizardFunTime » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

I have it on good authority that Ates is now back online ^///^ if you have any issues please do let either myself or Sehnsucht know <3
FluffyLizardFunTime
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game