Vore Day Festival Dinner Build - 2024 Development Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Day Festival Dinner Build - 2024 Development Update

Postby umakeisee » Mon May 23, 2022 8:10 pm

I decided to give rundown on progress since it's been a year since the last update. The Tl;Dr is the new version is still in progress, but slow going.

For those who don't follow my profile, my personal life has been hectic since summer. I haven't had an excess of free time in months. Each time I go to work on the game, something pops up. I'm hoping recent life changes will give me the time I need to finish up the game. However, the game itself is part of the problem. The final competition is going to be complex on the backend, but seemingly simple. Basically, while it will take me days to code and write, it will take players almost no time at all to play through. That is a little demotivating, so I want to add something special to improve the update, but that will also take some time. I don't want to release a sub-par update, so I appreciate everyone being patient while I get everything in order.

Dinner Build: For the dinner build, it is recommended to restart the game or load a save from before the lunch scenes. While there is a fail-safe in place, it is based on the player's decision and could lead to contradictions of plot holes. There are also new persistent variables throughout. These will track discoveries, relationships and scenes through all of your saves. This is another reason to restart, as some earlier scenes will not have had the persistent variables tracked in previous updates. As always, please let me know about any issues while playing the game.

April Fools!:I released a version with a surprise joke scene on April 1st, version 1.4. If you downloaded that version, don't worry. You can still progress into the Dinner Update by playing through the joke scenes, then reloading right before them. For those who don't want to bother or haven't downloaded it yet, the 1.5 download is the joke free version. In both versions, to replay the April Fools scene, name your character April Fools at the start and you will be able to see it again.

Vore Day Festival Dinner Build: [PC] or [MAC]

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
1.5 - April 2nd:
Four New Game Events
Dinner and Post Dinner Events
Incorporation of Persistent Variables

Once a year, Vore Day comes and goes without much fanfare. After all, when every day is filled with vore, what's so special about a holiday for it? However, this year is different. The school is thrown into a massive contest to decide the destiny of this vore filled country. Side with either your fellow classmates or the Anti-Vore party to decide whether vore will be outlawed or remain the norm.

This is a spin-off of Vore Days, consisting of all new sprites and a new set of characters. Compete through a day of festivities to try and decide the fate of vore. Will you devour the Anti-Vore party to make sure you can keep eating tasty girls or enjoy eating your friends as you work to abolish the practice? The choice is up to you!

This is the first project by Cute Dinner Team. As it is a spin-off, no content will be locked behind a paywall. All updates will be here for free. If you want to support our efforts, we have set up a subscribestar. Thank you for any support and we hope you enjoy our games!
Last edited by umakeisee on Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore Day Festival Demo by Cute Dinner Team

Postby princedrake » Mon May 23, 2022 8:18 pm

demo or not its finally out yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh boooooeeeeeyyyyyy
princedrake
Been posting for a bit

Postby Susuko » Mon May 23, 2022 9:27 pm

I like how the game was going and can't wait for the full release to come out.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KryOLynX » Mon May 23, 2022 11:56 pm

New Content, can't wait to test it out!
KryOLynX
Been posting for a bit

Postby KryOLynX » Tue May 24, 2022 12:23 am

Wow this is great, great beginning, got caught off guard with the sprites, but thats no big deal . This is making me excited for the actual game, hope it comes out soon
KryOLynX
Been posting for a bit

Postby RealZikik » Wed May 25, 2022 2:07 am

I don't know what I was expecting from the sprites but they look pretty close to the images they were based on.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby Voracious Cutie » Wed May 25, 2022 2:46 am

A few questions, will disposal be mentioned at all? When is pred content planned to be added?
Voracious Cutie
Been posting for a bit

Postby umakeisee » Wed May 25, 2022 3:09 am

Voracious Cutie wrote:A few questions, will disposal be mentioned at all? When is pred content planned to be added?

I don't do disposal. Pred content will be in the rest of the game.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Wed May 25, 2022 3:11 am

RealZikik wrote:I don't know what I was expecting from the sprites but they look pretty close to the images they were based on.

hirakoshinji2 did great work on the sprites, as well as the premise. I really enjoy working with him on this and other projects.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Wed May 25, 2022 4:31 am

I hope you do more projects that are as good as this one.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Wed May 25, 2022 6:50 am

This is a fun and unique idea! I’m absolutely loving all the fan games/mods with the Vore Days characters.
Excited for the next update!
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mistermadness » Wed May 25, 2022 2:03 pm

love the game so far
excited to see how its gonna progress in the future

i just wanna ask if you have a rough expectation of when the next update comes out?
perfect madness, always leads to succes
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:23 pm

Great so far. Look forward for more.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Thu May 26, 2022 1:09 am

mistermadness wrote:love the game so far

i just wanna ask if you have a rough expectation of when the next update comes out?

I won't make any guesses. I promised this wouldn't get in the way of my final mods for the main Vore days game, so it's a secondary priority right now. I have it all road mapped out and should have all the sprites I need, so it shouldn't take too long once it's my top priority.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mistermadness » Thu May 26, 2022 10:05 am

umakeisee wrote:
mistermadness wrote:love the game so far

I won't make any guesses. I promised this wouldn't get in the way of my final mods for the main Vore days game, so it's a secondary priority right now. I have it all road mapped out and should have all the sprites I need, so it shouldn't take too long once it's my top priority.

alright, ill just wait and see then
perfect madness, always leads to succes
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu May 26, 2022 12:04 pm

I'm genuinely curious how the many events are going to be handled in Renpy.

if it's random chance then bleh, just load an auto-save before a decision and try again.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby umakeisee » Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:I'm genuinely curious how the many events are going to be handled in Renpy.

if it's random chance then bleh, just load an auto-save before a decision and try again.

I always avoid random chance when possible. It will be choices on how to handle the competition. Knowing your partner or opponent may help.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Drakohahn » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Well, I do like the option to play the MC as a full pred.

It was honestly one of the things that annoyed me the most about the original was that most of the MC as predator scenes are only within the last couple days. And in the meantime, you've got pretty much every other option to interact with the ladies ending up as offering yourself as a meal and are basically forced to save scum to avoid getting a game over as a prey due to luck at a couple points.

So, just the ability to play full pred from the start is already a big plus.

I can't wait for the full release. :3
Drakohahn
Been posting for a bit

Postby Susuko » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:25 am

I'm getting excited to the day when the full game comes out.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Update on the project. I've decided to release the game in parts. There will be three releases: Lunch Release, Dinner Release and Ending Release. Each will cover a significant portion of the game, and I will still be working on it between other projects, so they will come out pretty far apart. Each release will also include both Anti-Vore and Pro-Vore routes, so that adds on to the time it takes to finish. I am currently finishing up the Anti-Vore route of the Lunch Release, so I don't have an ETA on release. I'm hoping the Pro-Vore route won't be as long, given the framework is already there, but you never know. That's all for now. Feel free to ask any questions about the releases.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game