Cutie Vore (Action) (Soft) [PC/HTML/Android]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Cutie Vore (Action) (Soft) [PC/HTML/Android]

Postby KimOX » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 pm

Hey. I made a small game.

https://kim-ox.itch.io/cutie-vore

It's an 2D action game (like Zelda: A Link to the Past). Like the name and art imply, the vore content is very much on the soft and cute side. The player has to escape pred enemies, and struggle to escape to prevent level drain.
So far the prototype is rather short, as I made it for a 1 week game jam. I mostly focussed on the game feel.

I'd like to know if people here are interested in extra soft stuff like this? I started making it for fun, after working on a bigger more explicit project for a while. But I quite like how it turned out, so I might expand it if people enjoy it.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
screenshot01.jpg
screenshot02.jpg
screenshot03.jpg
screenshot04.jpg
KimOX
New to the forum

Re: Cutie Vore (Action) (Soft) [PC/HTML/Android]

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:31 am

Interesting I don't have the time to try this tonight, but I'll give it a go tomorrow.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Achenar » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:47 am

It's definitely cute, and the level drain aspect is neat. Is there supposed to not be a defeat condition, though? I hit level 0 and 00 exp and nothing happened, I could escape and act normally.
Achenar
Participator

Postby KimOX » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:10 am

Yes, there is no defeat condition so far, which is by design. For a full game I'd have to test if it works for balancing, but the plan is that you can lose all your levels, but never die, which means I'll design the bosses so that if your level is much lower than theirs, you do zero damage, so the player has to consider when it would be better to run away. I think it should work, as the respawn mechanics in most modern games are so forgiving that they barely matter, and the more aggressive level drain should balance it out. I might include death as a difficulty option, but not as default. I think having the player never die adds to the wholesome vibes.
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:05 am

As a person myself who is dedicated to cute and soft stuff (I mean, my username already explains everything :lol:), this is actually a pretty neat game!

My only tiny nitpick is that the player's range is a bit small to hit, which you'll be forced to get hit by enemies like the slime or the fairy (Especially the slimes, they're very quick!).
I mean, I'm at Taste level 20+, so I kind of grind a bit until I'm stacked :lol:
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:22 am

I like the level drain, the different struggle mechanics, and the different ways enemies move and attack. Would it be possible for enemies to gain the exp they take from the player?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby KimOX » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:28 am

Thank you.
Yes, enemies gaining levels (and maybe healing their damage) when draining will definitely be there if I expand the game.
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby Etherthedrake » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:57 am

ohh my i will be very much looking forward to seeing this progress!
For whatever it's worth, you have my support!

Suggestion for later in development if you're taking enemy ideas:
Anything plushie. Plush preds don't get all that much attention, IMO
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby KimOX » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Sure, I'm glad to hear enemy ideas. I have many ideas already, but it's always nice to hear what players prefer, so I can focus on those. Plushie is already on my list (with zipper mouth). It fits well, because I try to make characters either look like they have human level intelligence, or none / very low. So instead of for example a cat, I'd rather use either an anthro catgirl, or something like a cat robot, cat plushie, cat girl slime, cat ghost, cat skeleton, or cat like monster without eyes. So for fluffy enemies, a plushie is a good way to do so, and most importantly, super cute.
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby elions » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:01 pm

I can't download the game from the website
elions
Been posting for a bit

Postby KimOX » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:05 pm

elions wrote:I can't download the game from the website

What exactly happens if you try? There are four download buttons on the bottom, one for each operating system, and a button for playing in the browser at the top. Which operating system are you using?
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby Firon » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:00 pm

KimOX wrote:What exactly happens if you try? There are four download buttons on the bottom, one for each operating system, and a button for playing in the browser at the top. Which operating system are you using?

Itch.io has flagged the download as suspicious due to the age of the account....basically Itch thinks you are running a discord scam or something
Firon
---

Postby KimOX » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:31 pm

Firon wrote:Itch.io has flagged the download as suspicious due to the age of the account....basically Itch thinks you are running a discord scam or something

Damn. Is there something I should do? Just wait until they manually check it?
elions wrote:I can't download the game from the website

I put the downloads on mirrors. Or you can wait until it works on itch again.
Mirror 1 (Google Drive): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Mirror 2 (Discord): https://discord.gg/VKzp6xKwXq
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 pm

Firon wrote:Itch.io has flagged the download as suspicious due to the age of the account.

You can still download it regardless of the warning by clicking on the "I understand the risks, let me download anyway" button.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 am

I dunno having there be no consequences besides having to grind up more seems odd.

Definitely players will let themselves be eaten by something just to see what happens. It's kind of maybe a letdown that a counter goes to zero and that's it...

Might be nice to have the enemies react somehow to sucking so the tastiness from their meal. Perhaps if something brings you to zero it gets contented, falls asleep and is just background from then on?

Also an animation while they have you inside.

Maybe the player when going to level 0 the sprite goes to being a ghost until it gathers pellets for level one?

Just seemed off that the only consequence was having to grind back up. Other games like sonic and Mario solve this by having a two hit system. You get hit, you lose your rings but can pick some of them up in the aftermath during invincibility frames.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:59 am

KimOX wrote:Sure, I'm glad to hear enemy ideas. I have many ideas already, but it's always nice to hear what players prefer, so I can focus on those. Plushie is already on my list (with zipper mouth). It fits well, because I try to make characters either look like they have human level intelligence, or none / very low. So instead of for example a cat, I'd rather use either an anthro catgirl, or something like a cat robot, cat plushie, cat girl slime, cat ghost, cat skeleton, or cat like monster without eyes. So for fluffy enemies, a plushie is a good way to do so, and most importantly, super cute.

+1 for the anthro catgirl.
Cute anthros in general seem like a good fit for this. Cute fantasy creatures too. I wouldn't mind getting my levels drained by a cute goblin woman, or a cute harpy.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby mcpreyboy » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:00 am

I love the concept, struggle mechanic and vore is always a Win combination in my book.
I just got a little disappointed that the fairy and succubus don't get any bulge when they eat you.
mcpreyboy
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:51 am

mcpreyboy wrote:I love the concept, struggle mechanic and vore is always a Win combination in my book.
I just got a little disappointed that the fairy and succubus don't get any bulge when they eat you.

Seconded. There was just a lack of any sense of degradation besides the tick down of level and exp. A bulge writhing does wonders.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ArcaneSigil » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:51 am

Cute game. Needs more mobs and more bosses. Potentially some wriggling too. So far, it's a good game if a little "underwhelming" graphically. However, whether this is your first time animating something or you were just bored and wanted to animate a little thing, this is still really good.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby KimOX » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:54 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I dunno having there be no consequences besides having to grind up more seems odd.

Definitely players will let themselves be eaten by something just to see what happens. It's kind of maybe a letdown that a counter goes to zero and that's it...

Might be nice to have the enemies react somehow to sucking so the tastiness from their meal. Perhaps if something brings you to zero it gets contented, falls asleep and is just background from then on?

Also an animation while they have you inside.

Maybe the player when going to level 0 the sprite goes to being a ghost until it gathers pellets for level one?

Just seemed off that the only consequence was having to grind back up. Other games like sonic and Mario solve this by having a two hit system. You get hit, you lose your rings but can pick some of them up in the aftermath during invincibility frames.

For a bigger release, I'll change the level and progress system. I'm thinking something like:
- level 0: can't attack at all, have to flee and look for respawning gems
- you can get skills/effects from bosses that you don't lose (like longer attack range or dash)
- use skills to open up new areas, instead of keys
- new areas have better gems, so you can return to your level faster after defeating more bosses

I will probably add multiple difficulty modes with different consequences. The problem with level drain is that balancing for decent players could make it a huge grind for others.

And I'm planning to do some animations, and facial expressions for humanoid enemies to see how happy they are while eating. Reactions like sleeping is a nice idea too, depending on the enemy. Or some might carry the player away after reaching zero.

mcpreyboy wrote:I love the concept, struggle mechanic and vore is always a Win combination in my book.

Yeah, I didn't have time for bulges, but they will get some. But cute and small bulges.
KimOX
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game