brainstorming to make a game? what would you like to see?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: brainstorming to make a game? what would you like to see

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:02 pm

TheKawaiiCommie wrote:A genre other than JRPG. I don't think turn based combat lends itself particularly well to vore games. Platformers or beat-em'-up is probably a better starting point.

If there was a metroidvania where vore and absorption was the way you gained abilities, I'd be into it. Reminds me of a metroidvania I'd like to make called Spirit Muscle which is basically Wario Land 3 but twice the size. Wrote an essay about why it's the most unique metroidvania ever made and posted it on Deviant Art. Anyone wants to read it, link is here: https://www.deviantart.com/wariodude128 ... -864545368
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CronoDragon » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:03 pm

I had though about games before but cant do them as I am not game maker and such

There images related to the ideas, maybe one you can see doing:

https://aryion.com/g4/view/774852

https://aryion.com/g4/view/729947

https://aryion.com/g4/view/697459

https://aryion.com/g4/view/639098
CronoDragon
New to the forum

Postby LethiaAzalea » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 pm

To be honest, anything where you get to play a pred, and cock vore. Game play styles I'm pretty open, though those two are my personal big ones.

Also hypnosis or willing prey, I don't mind non-con vore, but it always leaves a bad taste.

...no I'm not ashamed of the pun.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skulker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:08 pm

wariodude128 wrote:
TheKawaiiCommie wrote:A genre other than JRPG. I don't think turn based combat lends itself particularly well to vore games. Platformers or beat-em'-up is probably a better starting point.

If there was a metroidvania where vore and absorption was the way you gained abilities, I'd be into it. Reminds me of a metroidvania I'd like to make called Spirit Muscle which is basically Wario Land 3 but twice the size. Wrote an essay about why it's the most unique metroidvania ever made and posted it on Deviant Art. Anyone wants to read it, link is here: https://www.deviantart.com/wariodude128 ... -864545368

…Yeah, if any of the human(ish) characters in Mario was into vore, it’d be Wario.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:18 pm

Skulker wrote:
wariodude128 wrote:

…Yeah, if any of the human(ish) characters in Mario was into vore, it’d be Wario.

Speaking of, I thought I saw a random sequence a bit ago where Wario ate somebody. Believe me, I was just as surprised as anyone even if all I saw was the preview and not the full images. Anyway, the point of the essay is that if a game were to be made like it but considerably expanded upon, there would only be one other game it could be compared to. The main character of the game I'm imagining would be very much like Wario but different. A bodybuilder named Jacqueline A. Green AKA Jack Jagger in a coma and is having an out-of-body experience. Said experience is in a spirit world and she must find treasures for a pirate. Because she has muscle, and due to the game taking place mostly in a spirit world, that's why I decided it should be named Spirit Muscle. Doubt Eka would want to make this kind of game, but pitching an idea like that is what I'm sure this brainstorming thread is for.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Voremugen » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:06 am

I would love an VR adult Adventure Game with all those awesome Vore-Monsters from eka/furaffinity like Bunsen, Malfaren, Mordekai, UnitedVerbergerdragon etc. to meet, interact with and get hunted and eaten by. Every type of vore, different sizes. A vore-scene multiverse so to speak ]
Voremugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:12 am

I like to see same size pred content with a mix of willing and unwilling prey. In RPGM, I like having to find hidden objects or solve mild puzzles in order to access prey. If scenes are one-shot, there should be a replay system. I think combat usually slows a game down and isn't necessary for a good experience. If there is combat, it's better to lock the players level or stats so that grinding is not a component. In a VN format, it's better without combat or combat can be a simple "bigger gut wins" type of affair. Internal views are awesome.

In RPGM, I do not like it if scenes can be missed via a one-chance dialog. I do not like "bait and switch" dialog options where an NPC surprisingly turns the tables without you having some choice in the matter. I do not like segments that require you to be eaten to progress.

I think the game niche we are missing is a sandbox-style VN with lethal digestion and reformation, probably with a college setting. I'd patreon for this if we could interact with a cultivate a few prey through these sorts of college scenes.

Another option that would be cool might be something like Night Games (https://www.patreon.com/silverbardgames) with a vore-ish twist, again with reformation.
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby MarinLaFey » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm

The main problem with asking an audience is that you're never going to make everyone happy, so it's best to focus on what makes you happy as a creator.

If you're looking to be successful, you can go one route and make Female predator content, which always makes people happy, or you can focus on the niche of Male predator content, which is quite rare in comparison. Most M/m content I see, actually, is mostly text games.
MarinLaFey
Somewhat familiar

Postby matsn4ck » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:58 pm

one thing i liked about ress elirium was that there was in combat vore. hell if you did that with a weight gain mechanic for feeding multiple disposable party members (summons maybe) to an opponant thatd be hot. hell maybe the goal could be to pacify monstergirls like this to get them as party members like a more vore centric kuros quest.
matsn4ck
New to the forum

Postby BMUd8854 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:41 pm

If you want a game with a lasting legacy, your best bet is to have a game akin to Vore War or Unbridled Hedonism. Fleshed out games with a simple premise or end goal that can cater to each player to their preferences, be it a player that wants to go full BDSM and vore everywhere or a player that wants it to be normal and have vore when they feel like it. These two games may not have a very immediate end goal or even a goal at all if the player prefers it but it lets the player have their simple fun at the matter.

However, I don't think these kind of games are simple games to make though and I think it takes a while to get to their state so its best that you start small and build up incrementally to make the game bigger and more dense. Yes you can go for big updates and releases but from what I hear, sometimes it can be daunting and may even burn the creator out over time. So in my opinion from my, *looks at memory*, 5 to 6ish years of checking in-and-out of this site from my first to second account (this one), the best thing you can do when making a game is building incrementally and doing big changes when you feel ready to do so. Now off the preferences I would like to see in a videogame:

Preferences:
- A game that is polished. In my opinion, a game that is short with a few things with minimal bugs is better than a game that tries to do many things and becomes bug-ridden. I've played games that had a gaping bug problems such as when the Devourment a bug where you could no longer vore, or when Project G.L.U.T.T. had an issue where you could get stuck in walls, and the many unfinished games where there would be a bug that would completely break my immersion (too many to list, I tried many). So in my opinion, a polished game release is good thing to strive for.

- A "finished" game. For this, I don't mind if the game is ever complete or not, it just needs to be built in a manner where me as the player feels like the game has gotten somewhere or is going somewhere. Good examples of this is the current state of Project G.L.U.T.T., Gulp Quest MV, the current state of Saint Miluina's Vore Academy and its fan-made visual novel version (before the creator took it down), Land of the Hunt, and even Unbridled Hedonism with Vore War (even though the upkeep of the two are now transferred to community members to further develop the game, albeit slower). These games, either complete or otherwise, are well developed and makes us the players interested in what happens next or how far the whole thing can go. This is the best thing you can aim for.

- Acceptable community communication. Simply put, just keep the community posted on what's happening when working on a project. I as a common user who looks through the game forum would prefer to know if anything is being held up due to life issues over being left in the dark with the others in wondering what's with the radio silence. This part is up for you to decide as each developer works and communicates differently.

- Clarity in regards to a game's controls. Simply put, its best to not make the community try to figure out general actions in a game to do things like move or do simple interactions. A simple tutorial is needed.

- Difficulty, please don't make it overly difficult. I like any game out there but any game that essentially makes me try to "save scum" my way through portions of the game is a bit infuriating to me and other players. So if you make a part of the game challenging, go for it. Just do it within reason and in a manner where the player can reasonably accomplish it at that point in the game (if it's a linear game you're making). (also minimalistic HP bars are nice imo XD)

- Player choice. Players have different interests and preferences when it come to what they want to see in their game session, having toggleable options for different game features would be the best to cater to as wide of an audience as you want. Just do the things that you want to do though and are willing to feasibly do so you don't burn out or become disinterested in the project, so add options in moderation.

Alright now that I got this out of the way, how about this idea of mines that I think the community could like:
- A simple open-world, modern day, slice of life game (sprites if you think you can find a way to make it work).
- If you have tried Unbridled Hedonism, Vore War's in-game events, and seen Phex's artworks then that's kind of game world what I am thinking of but combined, fleshed out, and expanded upon.
- Many of the prominent vore games I see in the vore game forums are mostly either a mod for an existing game, a rouge-like (repeatable) game, a game with a linear story, or is text based game. But most of the best games I see give the choice to the players and have a world to traverse in or explore (or something like that to an extent) like Vore War, Unbridled Hedonism, Fallout Vore, Devourment, Vore Town, SMVA, Nyan Adventures, TheVoreGame, and more. So a world where you can move around and explore would be nice.
- Ok I'm going to stop beating around the bush. A randomly generated world where you as the player live a normal live in a society where vore exists and you can move around in your home, explore places in your town, and move around in your town. You start out in a small region like your house/dorm/apartment in a randomly generated world and as you leave your world to explore, the scale expands. (for simplicity reasons, it scales from house/room, to building, blocks, to the town (maybe not that part except for quick travel on cars). You play the game as if you are in this world, ie you have to go to a place to work for like maybe a couple of turns (maybe 5-20 fast forwarded turns) and then go do whatever you want, talk with NPCs, befriend them, vore them in the back alley, explore the town, get a significant other, experience in-game events, vore a customer at the last hour, go to the gym to burn off the calories your live meal last night left you, etc, etc. The world is the limit in this idea (or in this case the town's the limit). It would be refreshing to see a game like Unbridled Hedonism but more mechanics that make the world more immersive like short in-game jobs and random in-game event/activates that attract NPCs.

- You can start the game small like having the world constrained to a building or house where you can flesh out the game and add more and more features like sprites or game mechanics until you feel ready to expand to exploring a city block where you add more features and crush bugs until you feel ready to expand the game once more and explore the town and do more things and then expand the game from there until you feel ready to say its done.

Anyhow that's my 5 cents on the matter and that's an idea for a game.
In terms of things I would like to see, I would enjoy seeing a game that is exploratory and sandbox-like with toggleable features (like Unbridled Hedonism) with some minor weight gain for immersion. I would like being the pred in the game but being the prey would also be fair. But ultimately, I want a game that is interesting and captivating.

Alright, thank you and this is my Ted Talk XD. I wish you luck on your game and hope for the best on it, regardless of how large or small you plan to make the game.
Feel free to critique my work so I can improve in the future.
BMUd8854
Been posting for a bit

Postby Whisper92 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:26 am

Personally, I’m more interested in an actual *game* rather than the interactive choose your own adventure types. I’m talking in general as well. To me, they often come off as lazy and uninteresting, especially with how many use static backgrounds and only a few reaction images and are littered with typos. It all really depends on their story as well, which will really make or break the entire experience.

A full-fledged game is more fun to me, it will usually last much longer and have more of an impact whereas other make me fell like I should just be watching a youtube video. Two good examples I can think of for good games are Project Glutt here on this site as well as a little indie game I just found called A Walk With Frog Wife.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:46 pm

Whisper92 wrote:Personally, I’m more interested in an actual *game* rather than the interactive choose your own adventure types. I’m talking in general as well. To me, they often come off as lazy and uninteresting, especially with how many use static backgrounds and only a few reaction images and are littered with typos. It all really depends on their story as well, which will really make or break the entire experience.

A full-fledged game is more fun to me, it will usually last much longer and have more of an impact whereas other make me fell like I should just be watching a youtube video. Two good examples I can think of for good games are Project Glutt here on this site as well as a little indie game I just found called A Walk With Frog Wife.

I threw out an idea for a beat em up/ eat em up in the style of Turtles in Time and the River City series. I suggested the main character be the predator, and after performing a combo right, she eats up the bad guy, unlocking area of effect moves until the ingested is digested. What do ya think?
daeway
Participator

Postby Whisper92 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:19 pm

Yeah, that sounds like a fun beat em up with a vore twist. I would maybe have some enemies randomly go ko and be able to be swallowed for health or finished off with one hit.
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby DELTA8 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Hello, I'm sorry if you don't understand my English, it's crap and I'm helping myself with the google translator

well my idea is a kind of platform but with scp characters you have to find a way to escape from each one of them and if you fail it would be unbirth (always) the difference would be the torture before that either scp-049 using class D to rape you or scp-173 sit on top of you with class D on its stomach

this is an idea i had a while ago for a game but i don't know how to handle game engines like unity or renpy so it's just an idea
DELTA8
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:35 pm

DELTA8 wrote:Hello, I'm sorry if you don't understand my English, it's crap and I'm helping myself with the google translator

well my idea is a kind of platform but with scp characters you have to find a way to escape from each one of them and if you fail it would be unbirth (always) the difference would be the torture before that either scp-049 using class D to rape you or scp-173 sit on top of you with class D on its stomach

this is an idea i had a while ago for a game but i don't know how to handle game engines like unity or renpy so it's just an idea

Actually, I think a game where you are stuck in an SCP facility and have to avoid the inhabitants could be interesting. Problem is the game Control already exists and apparently has many ties to the organization. Perhaps it could be an adventure game where a select number of creatures have broken loose and you are tasked with putting them back where they ought to be. There has to be a reason why you are there in the first place after all. The number of creatures who escaped depends entirely upon how many you know and have found which can unbirth since that appears to be your thing.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DELTA8 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:04 pm

thanks wario with your concept it seems very good to me but unfortunately it is going to remain in concept this is due to the fact that I have no idea how to use some engines to create the game I hope that someone who reads this can do it
DELTA8
New to the forum

Postby Whisper92 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:26 pm

To maybe bookend this with another thread, if you are looking for a specific proposal here is a game I recently found called “A walk with Frog Wife”. Its a simple sidescroller and shooter. It was fun, but i made a thread listing off some hypothetical expansions and growth the game could take if someone were to use the game as inspiration or take the torch on the project:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=63462&p=2917086#p2917086
Whisper92
Somewhat familiar

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:55 pm

I was just thinking about something earlier. A vore game is all well and good, but you have to decide from the outset if whatever type(s) you're going to have in the game are punishments for failure or rewards for success. You can have both of course, but knowing if the main goal is to fail or win a lot to see everything will likely make development of the game easier in the long run.

For a game I'm now imagining, vore would be punishment for failure. A platformer game with stealth elements. Sometimes you have to book it away from something while other times you have to hide from whatever is nearby, maybe something like the Scarecrow levels from Arkham Asylum but very elaborate with more than three instances of it happening.

My preferred version of such a game would be you as a male trying to get away from females of various shapes, sizes and fetishes. Maybe a "sir knight" who won a tournament and earned the right to go after something or other. There would be a lives system, which is really the second and third and etc of the knights who placed in said tournament.

Knowing players of vore games, the first time you fail at getting away from a monster girl in an area would be the "true" end of the knight and the one who takes his place would be given infinite times to succeed. Because the first knight didn't know what was coming and the second had time to prepare a bit.

Anyway, I've been trying to think of a name for this game. Got it now. The name of this game would be "Some Of You May Be Devoured". The full line would be "Some of you may be devoured, but that is a risk I am willing to take." That is very much a reference to what Lord Farquaad says in the first Shrek movie. Anyone wants to make this thing hit me up and let's get started.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DELTA8 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:33 pm

un juego de sigilo sería genial pasillos escondiéndose de un monstruo (femenino) persiguiendote y tu con piedras o soltando personas para distraera y si ganas escapas y pasas al siguiente nivel pero si fallas vore (cualquier tipo)
DELTA8
New to the forum

Postby SexInspector9000 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:52 pm

Maybe a fishing game where the fisher eat's the fish when you catch it?
Or maybe a LoZALttP-style game where you exsplore the inside of a dragoness or something?
"All your base are belong to us!"
~cats
SexInspector9000
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game