Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - Beta .1 update!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - Beta .1 update!

Postby VictorBound » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Happy Vore Day everyone! :gulp: LAST UPDATED: 8/8/2023

Latest version: Beta .1 (coming to patreon september 2023)

Patreon Link for those who would like to support the project: https://www.patreon.com/VictorBound [PATREON ON PAUSE FOR FAMILY EMERGENCY!]

LATEST PUBLIC FREE VERSION DOWNLOAD: (ALPHA 0.3) https://mega.nz/folder/RKl3RLBB#vcL2X25Mtt3S87acihHTFw

[Original Post below]
Lets start it off with a fun GAME ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Work has begun on my first full game, Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest!
I will update this thread on the progress, and take community feedback here as well.

In this spin on the classic fairy tale, you play as Red who is on her way to see a friend who lives on the other side of the woods.
She must navigate safely through the forest, but many hungry creatures are stalking around who would love to make her into lunch!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details:
The game will be a simple maze exploration/visual novel. there will not be any combat mechanics, but some choices can be made, and most encounters can be intentionally triggered or avoided. It will be pretty casual.

Encounters with various predators will have them ravish or consume Red in a variety of ways, and I want to have a decent number of Images per scene, where she will lose more clothing over the course of it.

The vore scenes will show several stages of clothing being digested, and then stomach acid rising up or walls of the intestines pressing in until she is gone. It will be implied fatal, but not very graphic or gory for digestion, and the player will wake up "safe" in bed at her cottage, to go back out and explore again.

Predators in the woods will include things like snakes, bears, frogs, carnivorous plants and maybe a mythical creature or two.

Game is being developed in RPG Maker MV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will this game be free or paid?
(Updated) The NEWEST version of the game will stay behind Patreon, and previous versions of the game will be released FOR FREE when the newer version hits Patreon.
(note, some smaller patch/bug updates will wait until several of those have been done, and enough content to jump up to a new version number for the free release)

Will the game be voiced?
I am talking with someone about doing some voicework for the game, but this is not 100% set in stone yet. If they back out, I will probably use some voice packs for some reaction sounds that are available.

Music?
I have purchased a TON of Music DLC for RPG maker, so I will have some background and title tracks that are DIFFERENT from the usual 3 or 4 default tracks everyone uses for RPG maker games. XD

How often will there be updates?
this will vary a bit, but at least once I month I will share some form of status about what I am working on, some months you will get screenshots and preview images.

SCREENSHOTS [Work in Progress Images]

WIP - In game map:

WIP - Snake encounter!

WIP - Design sheet for Red:
Last edited by VictorBound on Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Re: Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forrest - (In development

Postby Gamma47 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:53 pm

Sounds interesting! Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.
Gamma47
New to the forum

Postby Skulker » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:29 pm

Now I’m imagining a sequel to the original fairy tale where Little Red Riding Hood realizes that she quite likes being eaten and trapped in a stomach while feeling nothing except terror, agony, helplessness and violation, so she runs away into the forest to find something that will eat her up.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby VictorBound » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:30 pm

Skulker wrote:Now I’m imagining a sequel to the original fairy tale where Little Red Riding Hood realizes that she quite likes being eaten and trapped in a stomach while feeling nothing except terror, agony, helplessness and violation, so she runs away into the forest to find something that will eat her up.

LOL

I have actually read some stories people wrote along those lines. XD

Also, I plan on making some of the scenes have willing, or unwilling variations to them. Basically you can choose a little bit how some things will play out.

thanks for the interest, Ill have some more in progress screen shots and behind the scenes stuff ready in a few weeks, I know I dont have a lot to show off just yet, but I really wanted to get this announcement out ON vore day!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby ThisUserIsFake » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:31 pm

Can't wait to see more!
ThisUserIsFake
Been posting for a bit

Postby glitch0077 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 am

Looks really promising! This is the exact kind of setting and characters that I like for a vore game!
glitch0077
Somewhat familiar

Postby anema_sesuna » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Sounds interesting
I'll be keeping an eye on this
anema_sesuna
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryuuenzan » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:35 pm

This seems quite interesting... Also willing variations? sign me up...! One of my old favorites was mashihiro's exploration record, (even though I could barely read it, and the translation fell through) So if this is anything like that... well, there will be a lot of interest from me.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artwolf1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:45 am

Heh, seems quite promising. I wonder, will you add online version to play in browser? Some peoples sometimes having troubles with downloading, or playing games on phones/tablets. I'm talking about after free release, that would be cool if players could play it in browsers too.
Artwolf1
New to the forum

Postby VictorBound » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 pm

Artwolf1 wrote:Heh, seems quite promising. I wonder, will you add online version to play in browser? Some peoples sometimes having troubles with downloading, or playing games on phones/tablets. I'm talking about after free release, that would be cool if players could play it in browsers too.

At this time I have no plans to have any games available in browser. That is another ball of yarn to mess with. It may be possible later, but not something being planned or anything right now, so do not plan on it, sorry!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby VictorBound » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Developers Update log - 9/9/2022

Thank you to everyone for the interest and comments so far, I have also received a little bit of support for my projects, and my current situation in life is now affording me to work less at the day job and have more time to work on this.
So, big thank you here to those who believe in me and have contributed and commented so far!

There are 3 important things I am working on right now, which Ill go into - Character design, Mapping, and the Snake Encounter!

First off, character design- I have been playing around with what options I have in RPG maker for the walking sprite. There are a fair number of options, but also some limits. I am not much of a pixel artist yet, so for now I will stay with the generator for that. With a finalized design chosen for the sprite, I can now work on the drawn design for Red. I have also started using a new technique(for me) with modeling 3D models to pose for art. While I intend to get good at freehand drawing over time, I want to make sure my game art is consistent across each frame of the art for the scenes. So I will be painting over models that I pose with that. I will probably throw up a preview of the model later in my gallery. I have started sketching out what I want red to look like, but need to nail down her exact look soon. I cannot fully design the artwork for the game until her design is finalized, so this is the highest priority task right now.

Mapping - So, I have changed a bit on how I am approaching mapping, and also have a new design plan! Originally the world map was going to just be one big static map that would not change. But, later I realized it would be MORE interesting to have some randomness to it, so each playthrough you would actually be a little lost and have to figure out the path through. There are a couple of ways to do this mechanically in RPG maker, essentially I could randomize each path point, or I could have a few larger chunks of maps that it switches between. How advanced I make this will be determined later. I know I can at the very least make a few variations of forest paths. For now, expect at least there to be a few variant paths. I will see how much work it turns out to be before I decide on how complicated I want to make this.

Also, The mapping is now being moved to a lower priority. For some earlier demos, it will be a smaller simpler map just big enough to wander around and put in test encounters. Once I have finished most of the encounters then I will build a larger world map to hold everything.

The Snake Encounter will be the first encounter to get developed and artwork made. There are many creatures that will Inhabit the woods, but the snake is one of the most ICONIC for the vore genre! I do have to say, there is a bit more work into developing an encounter then you would expect, but, its not bad. really this month I spent figuring out my process on this, learning HOW to plan out the encounters. Its a bit more then just drawing a few pictures, it also involves writing thoughtful dialogue. So, my process of doing this is to first write out a script for the full scene. I break it down into sections- the initial encounter, the constriction phase, the swallowing, internal actions, and finally digestion phases. I can then write up dialogue for each section, and make notes about what the graphics will be as it progresses. This gives me an exact blueprints for developing the graphics, and a script to type into the chat bars in game. If I get this voiced later, I now have a script to give to the voice actor. Anyhow, thats a bit of what goes into each scene and how I do it.

Going forward, what to expect - Later this month I will post some sketches and more finalized art previews for red, I will be working on the placeholder graphics and testing the scene in the engine, and after I get the script and test graphics working good, Ill start on the final art for this scene. I am hoping to have a public test demo available in a couple months, first to patrons, and then a month later it will be free for everyone.
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Re: Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - (In development!

Postby VictorBound » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Design update!

I have been working on the design for Red, and now have a sheet of concept art done for her, which currently is in the screenshot section of this thread, and can also be found here: https://aryion.com/g4/view/823434

I am fairly satisfied with her overall looks, so I will be starting to draw out the in-game encounter graphics now!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shutter » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:46 am

I'm really liking the direction you're taking here. Willing variants of scenes is a definite plus for me, as are multiple artworks for each vore scene - I can imagine these can be quite taxing to do. Hoping to see more information on this soon!
Shutter
New to the forum

Postby LegitUsername » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:30 pm

I'm hooked, I can't lie. I might not be able to support in any meaningful way, but I'm definitely interested.
Spoiler: show
The adult depiction of Red Riding Hood definitely helps.
The art style looks wonderful and the open-ended feel of it that I'm getting from the description leaves so much room for enjoyment~! <3

VictorBound wrote:Predators in the woods will include things like snakes, bears, frogs, carnivorous plants and maybe a mythical creature or two.

Definitely a lovely selection already, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were wolves or werewolves too, given the character~ :3 Regardless, this looks amazing already and I can't wait to see the final product.
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby VictorBound » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:12 pm

Gamedev Update - 11/8/2022

ALPHA 0.1 LAUNCH DATE
The first iteration of the game, the super early alpha, will be available right after Thanksgiving 2022!
(Note, I will be traveling with family stuff Thanksgiving week, so, if there are any unforeseen delays, then I expect by the first day or so of December.)

The Alpha version will be really bare bones, but you will be able to interact with the first encounter scene! (its black and white for now, updated full color will come later)

Availability - For now the Alpha version 0.1 will only be available to patrons, at the $5 tier or higher. Early 2023, I will have an Alpha 0.2 available as a demo for free publicly.
(Later versions of the game will be released to $10 Patrons first for earliest access, and then later open to lower tiers, and then later made free)

After the PUBLIC DEMO version has been released next year, most versions will remain Patron only for a while, and after a few version updates, older versions will be released for free later.
This way, there is a little incentive to get early access, and encourage donations so I can pay rent- but also eventually the game will have free versions so if you cannot afford it, it will be available later, plus, the free versions can help people decide if they like the game enough to support it!

SPECIAL CAMEO OPTION FOR SUPPORTERS-
I just announced this on my Patreon, but I'll share this here as well-
Anyone who supports the game financially has the OPTION to be included in the credits/thank you section (optional, if you request it),

and, right now, through the end of the year ANY Patreon Supporter, of any tier level- may request a special cameo appearance!
(This option will be available LATER as well, but will only be for large donations)

How will the cameo work in game?
Cameo's can be a variety of things- perhaps a lost note or book Addressed to or authored by the person. Or, you could be a "lost" NPC that Red bumps into in the woods, and says a line or two of dialogue. Or, it could be something abstract, like finding a strange object on the ground somewhere, that is a reference to you or your character. Also it could be a gravestone, with your name- "Here lies Username32439, they learned the hard way why not to play with tigers".

-Cameo's must fit within the world/setting of the game
-any text or dialogue I have to option to approve or disapprove of, and or make edits to
-cameos must consist of elements I can incorporate from RPG maker assets- there is quite an array available, but I am only using generated materials from the engines graphics library. They have an NPC designer, which has some options, but also some limits. General humanoids work, and I can do some skin colors, and some animal ears. However, many furry characters simply will not work. (but, could do a humanoid with cat/dog/mouse ears)
-cameos will be worked into the game over time, as I develop out different map configurations for the forest maze, and not all cameos will appear in every playthrough. These will be scattered widely through the game to be like little Easter eggs, without changing up the core game or its look and feel. All approved cameos will be added into the final full version of the game, but may not appear in all in-development versions.
-If you are not a patron at the time the game is finished, with your cameo in it, I will still contact you and provide a download link for the final version as soon as it is available. (yes, this means if you make a small donation now, you get the final version regardless of weather or not you are currently a patron)
-Also to really clarify, cameos will be kept really simple for most of them, and I will not be drawing any extra images for them- that said, I do reserve the right to make exceptions if an idea or interaction I end up liking well enough to give a more expanded scene in the game, and if I feel it adds to the quality of the game. BUT realistically I have enough on my plate with the main game, I cannot make these too complicated, as that would take away from developing the main game.

Ok, that is all of the important announcements for now.
I know its still in early development, and its certainly not as fancy as other games out there....(YET) I am excited to be able to announce the first playable version, even if its not complete yet. I know many have been waiting for that!
I do appreciate all of the support, both those who have been donating, but also those who have just been leaving encouraging comments and notes. Seeing people want to support this really does encourage me. This is my first actual full game I have developed, so its been a neat experience getting in and doing this for real!

Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone!

:D
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Re: Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - (Alpha 0.1 date)

Postby Dotsu » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:32 am

Looks like a interesting project. Though as someone coming in an seeing that it looks really promising an that you have a patreon right out the gate i have a suggestion.

Keep in mind you dont have to take it an to those reading i am not forcing it.

A year behind schedule for free version/updates is not the best idea. yes i get this isnt cheap an no it isnt fair to expect things for free though i also dont want to see the project burn out because of things like lack of feedback as well as lack of interest (I have seen all that before) i would recommend shortening the duration (instead of a hard a year maybe do a cycle like every other update or such is free or delya a free update to after a patreon/subscribestar exclusive update) as well if no one can see before putting money in to it then it is a very hard sell. I mean no offense here as i am really interested to see where the game goes. But also i do worry ive seen a few projects slowly die due to lack of interest because everything gets paygated from the start (game i saw on here called shrinking stories i recommended the same thing an i remember right the game inst really talked about much here due to lack of interest because it was support in order to even see the game or try it) Do not get me wrong i wish the best for your project an hope to see it succeed.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby VictorBound » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:37 am

Dotsu wrote:Looks like a interesting project. Though as someone coming in an seeing that it looks really promising an that you have a patreon right out the gate i have a suggestion.

Keep in mind you dont have to take it an to those reading i am not forcing it.

A year behind schedule for free version/updates is not the best idea. yes i get this isnt cheap an no it isnt fair to expect things for free though i also dont want to see the project burn out because of things like lack of feedback as well as lack of interest (I have seen all that before) i would recommend shortening the duration (instead of a hard a year maybe do a cycle like every other update or such is free or delya a free update to after a patreon/subscribestar exclusive update) as well if no one can see before putting money in to it then it is a very hard sell. I mean no offense here as i am really interested to see where the game goes. But also i do worry ive seen a few projects slowly die due to lack of interest because everything gets paygated from the start (game i saw on here called shrinking stories i recommended the same thing an i remember right the game inst really talked about much here due to lack of interest because it was support in order to even see the game or try it) Do not get me wrong i wish the best for your project an hope to see it succeed.

Thank you for the feedback!
Actually, I have given this some thought - and I definitely want to get a demo version out soon to non patrons, as mentioned in my previous post, plus, that long of a wait is actually a bad way to lose interest for people.

I am specifically moving to release the previous older versions of the game after the newest version releases for Patrons. This way, there is still incentive for those who want earlier access to the latest version, but fans who cannot afford it or do not want to, can get it for free in a reasonable time later. Patreon will remain a tip jar to help fund the projects, but I will not keep everything paywalled forever, or unreasonably.

I am open to feedback and suggestions as I go. My goal is to make an excellent product that you guys will enjoy, and hopefully move into doing this as a full time job.

I have updated the opening thread post to clarify this, hopefully its not too wordy, its late and I am tired at the time of writing this.

As some good news, now that I have a better idea of what I am doing, rather HOW my workflow is going, I am making more progress a bit faster, so, we are nearing the release of the alpha version SOON.

At this point, I am pretty confident that the Alpha demo, should be out FREE for everyone, before CHRISTMAS! Happy Holidays everyone!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Re: Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - (Early Access ou

Postby VictorBound » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:16 am

Quick update, and a screenshot!

The early Alpha version is ready, and open to early access on Patreon, and will be made FREE to all on December 15th!!!

There is not a lot here just yet, but I have one animated scene ready to interact with, (and it's really nice!) and a text scene as well.
More creature encounters will be added to the next version, and then later more map areas to explore and interact with!

WIP - Snake encounter!
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:15 am

VictorBound wrote:
Thank you for the feedback!
Actually, I have given this some thought - and I definitely want to get a demo version out soon to non patrons, as mentioned in my previous post, plus, that long of a wait is actually a bad way to lose interest for people.

I am specifically moving to release the previous older versions of the game after the newest version releases for Patrons. This way, there is still incentive for those who want earlier access to the latest version, but fans who cannot afford it or do not want to, can get it for free in a reasonable time later. Patreon will remain a tip jar to help fund the projects, but I will not keep everything paywalled forever, or unreasonably.

I am open to feedback and suggestions as I go. My goal is to make an excellent product that you guys will enjoy, and hopefully move into doing this as a full time job.

I have updated the opening thread post to clarify this, hopefully its not too wordy, its late and I am tired at the time of writing this.

As some good news, now that I have a better idea of what I am doing, rather HOW my workflow is going, I am making more progress a bit faster, so, we are nearing the release of the alpha version SOON.

At this point, I am pretty confident that the Alpha demo, should be out FREE for everyone, before CHRISTMAS! Happy Holidays everyone!

Glad the feedback is helpful! Also cool to see your already thinking that way! i have put such words out before as i said an it was not taken to kindly. Cant wait to see how this goes. I usually am not to big on player prey but the greyscale art for this seems really good i am gonna give it a try. (most player prey games ive seen just make me loose interest with getting a game over an loosing so much progress or something. Not bad but if its to have lots of scense it can get annoying save scumming to find all scense when i come for a laid back experiance)
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Re: Red Riding Hood and the Hungry Forest - (Early Access ou

Postby VictorBound » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:16 am

The Alpha 0.1 version will be available in just a couple days FOR FREE, (December 15th) and then the next update will be uploaded for Patrons sometime by the end of the year. (I will try to have it for Christmas, but, should be up before the end of the year.)

Version Alpha 0.1 is mostly a tech demo, with one animated scene for people to test out. (Note, animations are just in sketch form, final versions to be made after final character design is done.)

The next version in Progress right now ( Alpha 0.2) will Add a couple more simple scenes, and add in the first version of a semi-randomized pathway.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season, and I look forward to sharing the next updates with you all soon! :)
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game