Is this an interesting Idea for my next game?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Is this an interesting idea?

Yes, I'd play it
42%
I'd take a look
35%
I'd only be interested if it titillates my fetish
17%
Not an interesting idea
6%

Total votes : 66

Is this an interesting Idea for my next game?

Postby tst12 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:37 am

So I've been working on this as a game. One of those "slice of life" things as usual.
(Obviously this thread may wind up containing spoilers for that game if it ever comes out.)

You have a nice apartment near the beaches. Being young and foolish, you were able to get into the apartment without great credit because you signed a contract where your landlord can devour you whole if you get behind on rent.

Well... you are. The good news is that a high school friend can help you cover and will move in with you. The problem is, you need to kick out your old roommate. This is a bit of a problem, since she is a predator and all the strength she got from her previous prey means she can overpower you. Also, a famous singer is coming to town... and they are basically having a "fake" party for the camera shots and stuff. Problem #2: your friend who is going to help you with the rent winds up getting eaten (why ever would they want some nice wriggling belly backgrounds?) so you'll have to find way to sneak in and get her out.

Maybe you should tell me if it's NOT interesting, since I'm not comparing it to other games (of which I have published several.)

Poll added super late.
It probably should have been a poll to begin with.
Last edited by tst12 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
tst12
Participator

Re: Is this an interesting Idea for my next game?

Postby TheFetishBeast » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:00 am

Sounds more like a story than a game to me. Visual novel?
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby tst12 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:19 am

TheFetishBeast wrote:Sounds more like a story than a game to me. Visual novel?

Yes, I think. Basically, there would be a lot of ways to die without finishing. If you do finish, I might shoot for good bad and ugly endings, something like that, you know.
The game is also kind of mean, because how you act in conversations early in the game will have no immediate consequences but can change how those characters will behave much later.
tst12
Participator

Postby Bright » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:48 am

Definitely sounds interesting.
I'd play it.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:50 am

This sounds really interesting. I look forward to playing it.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:04 am

So a VN rogue like where your dialog determines where you end up in the end. Nice. I've enjoyed doing a few things in my recent game that set you on a path of digestion long before it happens it's very interesting to find out you've been cornered long ago.

Feel free to use assets from my typing game for visuals if you like. I know we both like using photoshopped rl pictures.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby tst12 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:06 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:Feel free to use assets from my typing game for visuals if you like. I know we both like using photoshopped rl pictures.

Thanks! I might.
tst12
Participator

Postby CaliTea » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:16 pm

It definitely sounds interesting! Though I'd be interested to know what the "alternative" options would be. By that I mean: will the player become a pred to defeat their roommate? Are we going to trick her to become the landlord's snack? etc.
Lorem ipsum dolor vorare
CaliTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firebird » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Count me in. I'd love to play a game like this.
Firebird
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryuuenzan » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:12 am

sounds like a fun idea (totally wouldnt wind up swimming in a gut, im sure!) Ill keep an eye on this!
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby tst12 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am

Shameless self bump because I should have made this a poll earlier.

I think there may be some confirmation bias if I only leave room for comment since disinterested people don't want to be rude and make an actual, "no, this idea sucks" post.

I have other ideas, I've done games before, I'm probing this one lol.
tst12
Participator

Postby Randomdude5 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:06 am

I wouldn't really be interested because of my preferences. I only like playing as a pred. This does sound like a decent idea for a story.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby Susuko » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:20 am

The story sounds nice but unless the player can be both predator and prey then I wouldn't be very much interested.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tst12 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:12 pm

Randomdude5 wrote:I wouldn't really be interested because of my preferences. I only like playing as a pred. This does sound like a decent idea for a story.

Anyone can take this idea and run with it. It's not like I'm charging for it! However, my stories you tend to be both pred and prey, so the pred-only crowd might be a disappointed here.

Susuko wrote:The story sounds nice but unless the player can be both predator and prey then I wouldn't be very much interested.

Yup, both pred and prey. For sure!
tst12
Participator

Postby Ryuuenzan » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:19 pm

I mean me personally? Im the exact opposite of the other two. I prefer being prey, so heck, ill play it... (likely play it way too much trying to find all the endings that end in me being gurgled) so take that as you will.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:18 pm

While I like being prey, the set up doesn't really interest me that much (especially since I'm not really one for multiprey scenarios and that definitely sounds like a set up fo rthat.)
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:12 pm

The premise is alright I guess. Also, I could swear I've seen this kind of premise before. So I will say to you the same thing I said the last time: Make it a type of Groundhog Day thing. Every activity you do wastes half to a full hour. Then, after an arbitrary amount of time of say seventy two hours, you need to pay the landord or you get eaten. Then you somehow get pushed back in time to the start of the seventy two hours and get to try obtaining the rent money once more or however many times it takes to figure out what activities net you all the money needed to pay the rent after the seventy two hours are up. Of course, as a vore themed game, there should definitely be ways to get eaten before the three days are up, but it would be up to you to search for them. Could even add a time-proof journal detailing certain characters, their schedules and if they might be a potential source for money. You would also have to witness each character doing a certain thing at the specific point in time to add it to your journal and not just talk to them once, that would be too easy.

If for some reason you think I'm a genius and want me to write out more ideas for this possible game, send a PM at me saying such and I will help out as best I can.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game