Tales of Atrocia 0.01 (ON HIATUS)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Tales of Atrocia 0.01 (RPG MAKER MV GAME +fixes)

Postby RumiBelly » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:35 am

Well done. This is a very good, unfortunately though expectantly short demo. Multiple player races is rare but you found a way to do it without needing to change too much between each race, and gave a pretty reasonable reason for suspension of disbelief for why a flying race won't break your game.
There are a number of loose ends for things talked about, like the girl near the stables, and the noisy room in the inn.
There are a number of curiosities that I couldn't figure out the purpose of, such as the rare wolf encounter in the forest or whatever the blessing in the church is supposed to do.
There are a number of lines that only make sense during the starting quest that remain active after it's completed, in both the inn and the tent.
But as far as bugs are concerned there are relatively few for what I typically find in a new game.
Your father's movement route can softlock you next to the well
The doll directly behind the witch can be walked through
If the other side of a doorway is blocked by an npc you will end on the same tile as the closed door (tested in the inn top room on the right, I'd keep this one in though as you can walk out of the door in either direction assuming the npc moves on, this is a rare scenario, and trying to put in a special case to prevent this will likely cause worse bugs that happen even more rarely)
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby BeautifulBlue » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Subbed and bookmarked, I will watch your career with great interest. Tbh, I want to see a hot red-scaled Dragongirl, or green-scaled Naga, or Minotaur girl.
BeautifulBlue
New to the forum

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:51 pm

radiogenicvore wrote:Well done. This is a very good, unfortunately though expectantly short demo. Multiple player races is rare but you found a way to do it without needing to change too much between each race, and gave a pretty reasonable reason for suspension of disbelief for why a flying race won't break your game.
There are a number of loose ends for things talked about, like the girl near the stables, and the noisy room in the inn.
There are a number of curiosities that I couldn't figure out the purpose of, such as the rare wolf encounter in the forest or whatever the blessing in the church is supposed to do.
There are a number of lines that only make sense during the starting quest that remain active after it's completed, in both the inn and the tent.
But as far as bugs are concerned there are relatively few for what I typically find in a new game.
Your father's movement route can softlock you next to the well
The doll directly behind the witch can be walked through
If the other side of a doorway is blocked by an npc you will end on the same tile as the closed door (tested in the inn top room on the right, I'd keep this one in though as you can walk out of the door in either direction assuming the npc moves on, this is a rare scenario, and trying to put in a special case to prevent this will likely cause worse bugs that happen even more rarely)

As for Lunas blessing I've actually noticed that I've given wrong effect to it and hence it was not applying (fixed already) - fix will be present in next update.
Doll issue fixed - it seems I forgot to make tile with black doll impassable - fix will be present in next update.
Rare wolf encounters are made on purpose since they have 12% critical rate and in opposite to Elphy their attack and hit chance is higher meaning single wolf can one shot harpy on start. - I would balance it out more later but for now I have to think how :)
Girl in stables will be added in next update - sleep will provide something similar to rested buff in skyrim though working bit different. Girl in stable will also be quest NPC related to new quest.
Noisy room inside the inn will be connected to quest planned for next or future update - small hint/teaser - noticed anything specific in village?
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Azirovka » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:55 pm

An interesting choice of races, a bit surprised that a succubus was not added (although oni does count as demonish). :lol:
Azirovka
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:04 pm

Azirovka wrote:An interesting choice of races, a bit surprised that a succubus was not added (although oni does count as demonish). :lol:

Succubus will be added to a game, same as seraph/angel. They are simply not present only for current moment :P
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:18 pm

This is something I kinda feel bad suggesting because it seams like just telling someone to change how they write
but I tend to like vore scenes more when there is more focus on the digestion and post digestion part.

I Realise That's not everyone's preference though so I'm mainly just voicing my opinion.

I really like the game so far though and am exited for more content in the future.
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:58 pm

wafflewarlord17 wrote:This is something I kinda feel bad suggesting because it seams like just telling someone to change how they write
but I tend to like vore scenes more when there is more focus on the digestion and post digestion part.

I Realise That's not everyone's preference though so I'm mainly just voicing my opinion.

I really like the game so far though and am exited for more content in the future.

No worries friend. I would love to improve my writing however I personally prefer scenes that are relatively short and yet descriptive enough. I tend to get bored reading or writing 1 page just to describe how prey or pred feels etc.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:
wafflewarlord17 wrote:This is something I kinda feel bad suggesting because it seams like just telling someone to change how they write

No worries friend. I would love to improve my writing however I personally prefer scenes that are relatively short and yet descriptive enough. I tend to get bored reading or writing 1 page just to describe how prey or pred feels etc.

That's fair I can understand wanting to keep the scenes short given how there will likely be a lot of them in the future.
It's mainly personal preference so I get it.
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheBlueOne » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:14 pm

I'm leaving a comment in this thread so I can remember that it looks promising, and that I should keep an eye out for future updates :D
TheBlueOne
Been posting for a bit

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:58 am

TheBlueOne wrote:I'm leaving a comment in this thread so I can remember that it looks promising, and that I should keep an eye out for future updates :D

Thank you for compliment and I hope future updates will continue to match your expectations.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maggotta » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:01 am

Good job, I wish the author good luck in continuing to work on this game. :D
Maggotta
New to the forum

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Well, It's a good start.

Strangely, I appreciate that there are quests that give a choice between eating something and getting more rewards by looting the bodies.
Spoiler: show
I look forward to seeing how the Lizard Quest's aftermath plays out later, considering there are basically 4 significant endings to it.

The main quest kind of fizzles out at present, assuming I haven't missed anything.
Bandits raided the protagonist's home. Mom took a lethal hit while she and Dad were fighting them, but Dad is presumably still fighting them in a running battle towards their base. The obvious next step after burying Mom is to track down those bandits, but there's no real trail at the moment, and no conversations where our protagonist asks for directions or just mentions her life's new status quo.
This is natural, considering this is version 0.01 of the game.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:56 pm

MasterGryph wrote:Well, It's a good start.

Strangely, I appreciate that there are quests that give a choice between eating something and getting more rewards by looting the bodies.
I look forward to seeing how the Lizard Quest's aftermath plays out later, considering there are basically 4 significant endings to it.

The main quest kind of fizzles out at present, assuming I haven't missed anything.
Bandits raided the protagonist's home. Mom took a lethal hit while she and Dad were fighting them, but Dad is presumably still fighting them in a running battle towards their base. The obvious next step after burying Mom is to track down those bandits, but there's no real trail at the moment, and no conversations where our protagonist asks for directions or just mentions her life's new status quo.
This is natural, considering this is version 0.01 of the game.

Yup you are right each way to end lizard girl quest will open important road (not mandatory) but from story telling point important road.

Main story spoiler:
Father is dead, however there will be a way to save both of them/have them both as a meal (story will explain why suddenly you would act like that :P)

As for development of current story - you are right, next step will be gathering the clues :P
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:17 pm

It is official Naga/Lamia won the poll so next playable race will be Naga. Don't get discouraged though if your pick was not winning one. I plan my game to have 20+ playable races (one that can player can choose) and plenty of possible followers.

I hope lovely player snek girl will receive warm welcome.
Last edited by Urielzael2 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Tales of Atrocia 0.01+teaser (RPG MAKER MV VORE GAME)

Postby chocobun » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:52 am

Having a lot of playable character adds a lot of variables and work. Perhaps it is a better idea to only have a few of them.
chocobun
Somewhat familiar

Postby Delennd » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:41 am

The naga teaser looks amazing. Do you create the art yourself?
Delennd
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:57 am

Out of interest, is there actually a quest for the herbalists? I found the all of rodents (I think including the bottom left hole), but no change in dialogue with the sisters.

Very good thus far
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:23 pm

anirishnirvana wrote:Out of interest, is there actually a quest for the herbalists? I found the all of rodents (I think including the bottom left hole), but no change in dialogue with the sisters.

Very good thus far

Yes there is, after you kill rodents and return to sister she will ask you to find blue flower in closest forest when you ask about medicine :)

Delennd wrote:The naga teaser looks amazing. Do you create the art yourself?

No, arts belong to different artists, I only make Photoshop edits.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LordKentus » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:48 pm

Great first release of the game, I am eagerly looking forward to seeing this game develop.
LordKentus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tunknownusert » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:44 am

Where is the 5th pred scene?
I got the guy being a dick to the witch apprentice and the apprentice as well as the lizard and the guy but can't figure out who is lucky number 5.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game