The Company (Visual Novel) - DAYS 7-9 AVAILABLE NOW!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Company - New Visual Novel / Game

Postby gbboyth » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 pm

DetonaTuto wrote:I can't download the game because the PC link is not safe, apparently. My firewall keeps blocking it

You'd probably have to make an exception in the firewall for it. As far as your firewall/antivirus knows, it is just a random .zip file from the internet, but I'm sure everyone who's played it already can vouch for the fact that it's safe.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am

gbboyth wrote:I'm going to spoiler tag this whole response for safety's sake:

Spoiler: show
I really appreciate your in-depth feedback! It makes me happy (and a little shocked) that so many people are already enjoying the game and actually caring about what's in it.

About dynamic choices, that will definitely be a feature throughout the game. Each day will be divided into timeslots where you can choose what to do, and what you do and the order you do it in will affect things. The reason that's not implemented on day one is that it's meant to very straightforward. You need to meet everyone in order to progress, since all these characters will reappear and play a role in the overall story. That's why, for example, you can't lose Vivi on day one (unless you die too), she has a route that needs to be open longer than that. Later on, however, that may not be the case.

About the dead ends, that's also kinda intentional for day one - especially at the airport. If you dilly dally there, it's game over. Those are just quick throwaway vore scenes I put in for fun. In the future, there will be more branching off from the paths (similar to what I did for Karen, but with more meaning). Also, not every vore scene is going to be a guaranteed game over. You will be able to fight back from some preds who are closer to your experience level, and some of the scenes will be non-fatal anyway, for various reasons. That said, it always annoys me in vore games when it's too tedious or takes too long to actually reach a vore scene, so I'm trying to keep a relatively clear path to a scene available most of the time.

About the asynchronous endings, the one you mention is probably the only time that could be an issue, and Shelby is not coming back in this game (nor is anyone else at the airport), so it doesn't matter. That's the only scene I have planned to have an offscreen ending like that (and it's only because there were no good public domain pictures of an airplane toilet), otherwise, anything important will happen before disposal or in a later scene available either way.

And yes, the line test was a mistake... hopefully the only one!

To make sure I don't prattle on again, your response at least gives me hope for the projects future. If you ever need any help, please feel free to ask!
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Imnothere44 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:20 am

This is probably one of the best games of this type I've played in a while! My only complaint is there isn't more of it LOL. Keep up the amazing work, I can't wait for more
Imnothere44
Been posting for a bit

Postby RavenMiller44 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:11 am

Amazing game so far, I especially like the Karen scene.
I saw there was a link to a patreon page, didn't go there but it's gone now. I do like to support people making new vore games, so is there a page where I can become a patreon?
Anyway, I hope making the game won't become too much effort for you and I do not wish to pressure you either.
RavenMiller44
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:16 am

reptilemk5 wrote:I loved the demo, I'm glad I got to get digested by several of the characters in it ^^

super amazing job ^^

(sorry, mistype on the original comment.)
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:02 pm

RavenMiller44 wrote:Amazing game so far, I especially like the Karen scene.
I saw there was a link to a patreon page, didn't go there but it's gone now. I do like to support people making new vore games, so is there a page where I can become a patreon?
Anyway, I hope making the game won't become too much effort for you and I do not wish to pressure you either.

Thanks! I took down the Paypal.me link because it shows my real name and I didn't want that to be accessible. I am setting up a Patreon, just waiting for it to be reviewed and go public. Once they approve, I'll share the link and I will definitely appreciate your support if you decide to donate!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:09 pm

RavenMiller44 wrote:is there a page where I can become a patreon?

Update, the Patreon is now up and linked in the main post.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:34 am

gbboyth wrote:
RavenMiller44 wrote:is there a page where I can become a patreon?

Update, the Patreon is now up and linked in the main post.

The new page looks good! But just in case you weren't aware, there's been some history of Patreon being uncooperative at best and hostile at worst towards vore/fetish content funded through it in the past. A few of the creators I used to support there were driven off of the site and had to find alternatives like https://subscribestar.adult/ which you may want to consider looking at too. Just something to be aware could happen.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby HoneyCookie » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:59 am

Thanks for the answer.

I have a suggestion about attribute system. How about relationship attribute? The less you please a girl, more she wanna eat you. So, instead of a battle system with damage and etc, you can put a relationship system with 3 attributes:

Strength > Turn hard to the predator swallow you and allow you scape from stomachs.
Intelligence > Help gain money and solve some problems.
Agility > Used to scape from ecounters, the more agility you have, more easy you can avoid or scape from attacks.
Charisma > Used to convice or seduce a pred.

In this world we are prey, we never can win a fight, just run or convice. But every time you scape from a stomach or scape with agility the predator get more strong.

You can put in a quest system where you can please some preds and annoy others in the process.

Anyway, the universe you have created is amazing and fabulous.
HoneyCookie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ermac » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:12 pm

I love the game, I hope it will be very long. amo ser devorado por varias chicas :gulp: :D
Ermac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rygami375 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Will this ever get an Android/IOS .apk?
Rygami375
New to the forum

Postby MaJoR_DeStRuCtIoN » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:52 am

hrm I've seen plenty of games using mediafire but this is the first one to trigger my firewall, too suspicious for my blood
MaJoR_DeStRuCtIoN
New to the forum

Postby CrystalKiller88 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:03 pm

I was immediately interested when I read the concept and I can safely say, this did not disappoint. The game is very early in development, but I already enjoyed what I played so much! I'm VERY excited to see where this game will eventually go~

Also, my favorite characters were Shelby, Sofia, and especially Robin~
CrystalKiller88
Participator

Postby S4lv4d0r » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 am

So, I really like this and I wanted to know if we could have a rough estimate of when the next update will be out.
Doesn't need to be anything specific, just so that people know when to check in next time (at least if this hasn't been answered yet)
S4lv4d0r
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:24 pm

Rygami375 wrote:Will this ever get an Android/IOS .apk?

It's not likely. I'm not a game developer - Renpy is easy enough for an untrained monkey like myself to use, but anything more complicated is out of my wheelhouse.

MaJoR_DeStRuCtIoN wrote:hrm I've seen plenty of games using mediafire but this is the first one to trigger my firewall, too suspicious for my blood

The game has over 2,500 downloads between the PC and Mac versions and nobody is here complaining that they got a virus from it. Your firewall is the issue.

CrystalKiller88 wrote:I was immediately interested when I read the concept and I can safely say, this did not disappoint. The game is very early in development, but I already enjoyed what I played so much! I'm VERY excited to see where this game will eventually go~

Also, my favorite characters were Shelby, Sofia, and especially Robin~

Thanks so much! I'm happy that lots of people are enjoying it so far. And I think you have good taste in characters, those were some of my favourites to write. Just wait until you meet the main cast in the next update, there are some real 'personalities' still to come!

S4lv4d0r wrote:So, I really like this and I wanted to know if we could have a rough estimate of when the next update will be out.
Doesn't need to be anything specific, just so that people know when to check in next time (at least if this hasn't been answered yet)

Expect the update in about a month, unless I can pull something out of my hat sooner. It will be released once the first seven days of the game are done, however long that takes.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby KryOLynX » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:14 am

Man I can't wait, I hope that player pred is incorporated, if not that's fine with me
KryOLynX
Been posting for a bit

Postby Imnothere44 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:45 am

Wait, so if I understood your last post right, the next update will be SEVEN days??? And the current update was only the first one and it was already fantastic? Holy shit, I'm so excited(especially for the legal counsel girls and HR lol). My one request would be some small guide for what scenes we might become unable to get due to our choices during particular days? Just to make completion and finding them all easier.
Imnothere44
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:29 pm

KryOLynX wrote:Man I can't wait, I hope that player pred is incorporated, if not that's fine with me

It won't be in this game, but it will be in the follow-up (which Shelby's good ending leads into) where you travel the world together. Player-pred scenarios don't fit the vibe that I wanted to portray in this one.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:40 pm

Imnothere44 wrote:Wait, so if I understood your last post right, the next update will be SEVEN days??? And the current update was only the first one and it was already fantastic? Holy shit, I'm so excited(especially for the legal counsel girls and HR lol). My one request would be some small guide for what scenes we might become unable to get due to our choices during particular days? Just to make completion and finding them all easier.

Yep, that's right, seven days! The typical day won't be quite as loaded as the first, but you'll have many options as to where to go with your storyline. And there will be a guide! It's not going to really have that mechanic where your decisions from past days limit what you can do going forward (with two exceptions: if you don't work enough each week, you'll get scolded, and if you offend a coworker, you might get called to HR). However, it will be important to be in the right place at the right time in order to advance the storyline you want, especially if you want to build a relationship with a coworker - they won't all be in the office everyday (just like you don't need to be), and each character needs a certain number of interactions to let you progress with them, so you'll want the guide to help you figure out who's where on what day. The guide might not be doable until the game is finished, though, because some parts of the storyline are going to be written as they come to mind. I want to keep the freedom to add new turns along the way.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:10 am

Just a little update on the game's progress!

You are going to have eight coworkers on your team, who you'll be able to meet when the next update is released. Most of them, as well as several other characters (including the lovely lady seen here) will have at least one route of some sort, whether it's a romantic relationship, something more casual, something exclusively vore-related, or perhaps teaching you a skill that will get you further in the game. The girl in the picture here is one of the latter - her name is Chanté, she hangs out at the park, and she can teach you how to fight so that you'll be able to get away from predators more easily. One of your coworkers will teach you how to get out of a stomach, so between the two of them, you can get out of many vore encounters if you follow their instructions.

chante2.png

Here's the real update: most characters (Chanté included) will have static routes. What that means is that whenever you meet them, the first meeting will always be the same, as will the second, etc. All that varies is if or when you start the route. The number of steps along each route will generally mean that you can only do one major route in a single playthrough, so if you want to deeply get to know two characters, you have to play through twice. This is mostly because I have no knowledge of Python/coding, and programming it in a more complicated way than this would eliminate any chance of delivering the update anytime soon. Going with mostly static routes allows me to write the script so much faster, mainly because I can plan it all out and write it in a linear fashion as I would for a story. I hope this won't detract from your enjoyment of the game, as it does fit with my original intentions: this a vore game, not a grand novel. You should never be too far away from a vore scene, and complicated gameplay dynamics shouldn't distract you from the reason you're playing. Essentially, I'm making a game I would like to play. Besides, I always said it would be closer to the "visual novel" than to the "game" side of the spectrum!

That being said, there will be many unique events that only occur once in the game (on a specific day or time), as well as special assignments, chance meetings, and different branches off of the main routes - so you will have a lot of freedom to change things up in your playthroughs. You're not going to be playing through all the same stuff and just focusing on one character over another, you'll have tons of options that don't affect your main route (except maybe to end it early... be careful out there!)

And yes, there are a couple characters in the main cast whose routes aren't entirely static... for example, advancing your relationship with one character faster than another might lead to some unusual things happening. I'll leave the details for you to discover when the update comes! Anyway, I'm always open to feedback, opinions, or ideas on anything I wrote here or on the game in general. Thanks to all who have played it so far!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game