Guts, A Digestion Management Sim V1.4 Vore Day Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Guts, A Digestion Management Sim V1.4 Vore Day Update

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:44 pm

Guts is a digestion management simulator, where you have to balance different digestive functions to digest prey without getting sick.

Content:
Spoiler: show
Oral Vore
Fatal
Digestion
F/?
Macro/Micro
Weight Gain (through menus)
Soul Vore
Furry Pred

Screenshots:

WIN64 Download Link (V1.4): https://mega.nz/file/njBTmD6D#zoVBWdfO4T733pAHHXmCUQranyd9AHSBPJUZEkN7r2Q

Changelog:
----V1.4----
-Added a new character, Mutant!
-Changed poisoned liver nodes to be bright red. (There's no shade of purple that is easily-seen on all characters)
-Added individual sound options for cheat mode. (Damage/acid "boops", bubbling, ambient gurgles, duodenum sounds, swallowing/burping, acid pouring, and bones breaking.)
-Added visual examples in the tutorial menu for more comprehensibility.
-Fixed an issue where red intestine nodes in the shark would still give acid if improperly handled.
-Added an option in the accessibility menu to enable hold clicking on bones to break them.
-Updated the bubbling sound.
-NOTE: If you have previously unlocked cheat mode, you will need to re-unlock it by also getting the max score with the Mutant.
-NOTE: You should update your save file by turning hold-to-break bones on and off. If you don't, you may be unable to click bones at all.
----V1.3.3----
-Added a new cheat mode, which is unlocked by getting a high enough score for the highest rank skin on every character. Indigestion is set to 0, new high scores cannot be saved, and constant acid deposition can be toggled.
-Changed the color of poisoned liver nodes to be about equally visible on all characters.
-Fixed an exploit where red intestine nodes could be repeatedly dropped for acid in the Shark.
----V1.3.2----
-Prey in the shark should no longer exit the boundaries of the stomach.
-Dropping red dots in the shark's large intestine will produce acid, and dropping green dots will cause indigestion.
(This is to prevent/reduce the severity of RNG screwing you over in the late-game with the Shark.)
----V1.3.1----
-Fixed an issue where prey in the shark gravitated towards the right side of the stomach.
----V1.3----
-Added a new character, Shark.
-Various graphical improvements.
----V1.2.2----
-[P] can now be pressed to pause and unpause the game.
----V1.2.1----
-Added a failsafe to prevent overloading the weight gain stages (untestable on my end so it may not work).
-Cleaned up one of the Newt's thumbnails in the high score menu.
----V1.2----
-Added a new character, Newt.
-Fixed an issue where unabsorbed calories would carry over between game overs.
-Burp button will now only appear when the burp cooldown is over.
-The indigestion meter no longer appears when manually quitting.
-Fixed pressing escape once immediately quitting the game.
-Added ambient gurgling sounds.
-Made swallowing, belching, and intestinal sounds louder.
-Decreased the average number of clicks each bone requires to break.
-Added a custom mouse cursor
-Improved the title text sprite.
-Increased the indigestion caused by prey fighting in the stomach.
-Decreased the indigestion caused by bones in the small intestine.
----V1.1----
-Implemented colorblind mode, changing the poisoned liver nodes from pink to black.
-Implemented colorblind mode, changing the large intestine nodes from green and red to + and x.
-A game over can be forced in-game by pressing escape twice in a row.
----V1.0----
-Adjusted the tutorial screen to be more informative.

Known Issues:
Changing skins too quickly in the high score screen can make it disappear permanently.
Bones can be unclickable when using an old save. This can be fixed by toggling the hold-to-break bone setting.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5F7h3dwpKM
Last edited by TheZDude on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:47 pm, edited 21 times in total.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Re: Guts, A Digestion Management Sim V1.0 Release

Postby JadeThePanda » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:01 pm

A few issues
1. No quit button when playing the game itself
2. All dots in the large intestine are white, and there are no dots in the liver
3. Weird white lines appear in the liver and can be dragged, but do nothing?
Just a lesbian furry that likes willing endo/reformation stuff.
JadeThePanda
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:15 pm

JadeThePanda wrote:A few issues
1. No quit button when playing the game itself
2. All dots in the large intestine are white, and there are no dots in the liver
3. Weird white lines appear in the liver and can be dragged, but do nothing?

1. I'll see about implementing that in the next release. The game over screen should have a quit button.
2. All dots are white until you click and drag them. After that, they should fade into either green or red. The liver must be clicked on to activate it.
3. Clicking on the liver spawns those lines. You have to drag them into each other. If they spawn on top of each other, they must be dragged out of and then back into each other.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nikkidafox » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:03 pm

Well it's certainly interesting. But with such a comprehensive view of digestion (I mean, when in vore do you see the liver even MENTIONED?), I feel it's kind of remiss to not include excretion. I understand it may not be your thing though.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby tomatus » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 pm

I'm unsure what's causing the bar to go up on the right side, or how to counteract it?
tomatus
New to the forum

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:13 pm

tomatus wrote:I'm unsure what's causing the bar to go up on the right side, or how to counteract it?

That is the indigestion bar, and the game ends when it gets full. Lots of things cause it to go up. Prey fighting, bones being allowed to flow through the intestines, and poison are the main ones that'll cause it to go up continuously. Burp, break the bones, and activate the liver to prevent each one respectively.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:24 pm

I've read the tutorial and I ended up having a game over with absolutely no idea of what to do. But it's no problem, it wasn't your fault. :lol:

I'll keep an eye on this project ❤
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Sorry for the lack of clarity in the tutorial. I rewrote some of the tutorial text, so hopefully that helps! Thank you all for trying it out.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby CaliTea » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:07 pm

It's quite fun so far! Really liked the weight gain mechanic with the score ^-^ looking forward to future updates <3
Lorem ipsum dolor vorare
CaliTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby NobodyOfAnyMatter » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:37 pm

It seems like a fun idea but the ui is a bit hard for me to use.

The slow fade from white to either red or green is really hard with color blindness especially when it is during the night portions leaving me with very little time to focus on the other tasks.

The multiple clicks (assuming I am actually hitting the bones because of the size of the hit boxes) to break the bones is hard to handle with the rest of the bones continuing to move onwards while trying to click multiple times on one. That portion has lost me the run multiple times just from digesting more than one prey in a short time.

In short some accessibility options would be fantastic.
NobodyOfAnyMatter
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:43 pm

NobodyOfAnyMatter wrote:It seems like a fun idea but the ui is a bit hard for me to use.

The slow fade from white to either red or green is really hard with color blindness especially when it is during the night portions leaving me with very little time to focus on the other tasks.

The multiple clicks (assuming I am actually hitting the bones because of the size of the hit boxes) to break the bones is hard to handle with the rest of the bones continuing to move onwards while trying to click multiple times on one. That portion has lost me the run multiple times just from digesting more than one prey in a short time.

In short some accessibility options would be fantastic.

Sorry that the color changing dots is hard for you to manage. I'll keep that in mind for future updates.

If the bones are giving you trouble, try leaving some acid in the stomach while they come out. Then they'll only take 1 click to break if the acid is bubbling.
Their hitboxes are quite large, and they should stop moving and play a crunch sound when you click on them.
Thanks for your input.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Re: Guts, A Digestion Management Sim V1.1 Update

Postby TheZDude » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:06 pm

Updated the game to add accessibility options and quitting mid-game.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nightshadow101 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 am

one of the issues im facing as someone using a laptop, is the ability to do things quickly. using a touchpad, it is extremely difficult to do much of anything with this. it seems interesting still regardless though
Nightshadow101
Been posting for a bit

Postby Xidas » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:19 am

So after playing this to completion (got the final weight gain stage), I have a couple thoughts as well as tips for people who are struggling.

The game is pretty cool! Enjoyed messing around with it. Found a bug. If you had a bunch of digested prey and the score was still ticking up, it will go up in the next game for a while. Depending on how many prey you had digested prior to losing, this could be a few hundred or a few thousand free points. This also persists no matter how many times you restart.

In terms of strategy, I found that digesting very aggressively in the early game worked well, but later on the ideal strategy was simply to trap lots of prey in your stomach by burping as often as possible, then digesting them all at once to conserve stomach acid. It seems to take the same amount to digest any amount of prey, though you have to hold it down longer to digest a lot of prey at once. This means you can entirely avoid needing to replenish acid using the large intestine, which is good because doing that isn't consistent (sometimes you'll get lots of useless particles over and over).

The score bonus from the liver mostly matters at night, when the natural score multiplier is way higher. If you digest large batches of prey, you'll only need to clear the poison from purple prey a single time. If you're having trouble figuring out the liver, the "orbs" are rotating lines. Match them based on how many lines there are (there will be two single lines at first, then there will be "orbs" with two lines as well as one, and so on). After about three it gets too confusing to work with. If you wait without matching it'll eventually reset with no consequences.

Digesting everything at once helps with managing bones, since you can clear them all at once by spam clicking at the start of the intestine while burping to keep any new prey from struggling. Bones are by far the most common way to lose so stay on top of them.

I don't use the large intestine much, but it's fine as a way to top up acid when there's nothing going on.

Overall I'd say the biggest issues for me are the way the liver spawns orbs on top of each other. It makes it hard to tell which are which and sometimes makes taking damage inevitable. The way the orbs sometimes have lines overlap makes them extremely hard to parse at higher numbers as well. Having to click 3-4 times to clear bones is a bit rough, so you're often forced to try and keep the stomach running even when empty if you recently digested prey. It'd be nice if there was some indication of how close the stomach was to bubbling/when bones will spawn, because by the time the animation for dropping bones into the intestines plays, it's too late to spend acid to soften them.
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:14 am

Xidas wrote:Found a bug. If you had a bunch of digested prey and the score was still ticking up, it will go up in the next game for a while. Depending on how many prey you had digested prior to losing, this could be a few hundred or a few thousand free points. This also persists no matter how many times you restart.

It'd be nice if there was some indication of how close the stomach was to bubbling/when bones will spawn, because by the time the animation for dropping bones into the intestines plays, it's too late to spend acid to soften them.

It's frustrating to find that this issue persists. I think it's a hardware or engine issue, because I've solved this problem on my end over and over. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

EDIT: I found the problem really quickly. Just somehow forgot to write one specific line of code. Not an engine or hardware issue, that's on me.

The bones are actually set to soften when they spawn individually. So two bones from the same "batch" can be in different states. The bubbling occurs when there is enough acid in the stomach to digest all the prey present. If there are no prey, then you only need a tiny amount.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:49 am

quick suggestion- alt vore types and an option for male pred
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby shlurpay64 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:33 am

somedude601 wrote:Well it's certainly interesting. But with such a comprehensive view of digestion (I mean, when in vore do you see the liver even MENTIONED?), I feel it's kind of remiss to not include excretion. I understand it may not be your thing though.

Yeah I agree, it's almost a shame to have such a nice look at that large intestine leading to her anus and no ability to use it.

Still it's a super hot game even if I'm bad at it.

I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious but can someone explain the weight gain aspect to me? I'm not finding/noticing it, maybe I'm not getting a high enough score to see it?
shlurpay64
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheZDude » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:37 am

I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious but can someone explain the weight gain aspect to me? I'm not finding/noticing it, maybe I'm not getting a high enough score to see it?

Go into the high score menu itself. There should be a sprite displaying the current weight setting and hovering over the arrow next to it should tell you how high of a score you need to unlock the next one.
TheZDude
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brains2 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Xidas wrote:Overall I'd say the biggest issues for me are the way the liver spawns orbs on top of each other. It makes it hard to tell which are which and sometimes makes taking damage inevitable. The way the orbs sometimes have lines overlap makes them extremely hard to parse at higher numbers as well. Having to click 3-4 times to clear bones is a bit rough, so you're often forced to try and keep the stomach running even when empty if you recently digested prey. It'd be nice if there was some indication of how close the stomach was to bubbling/when bones will spawn, because by the time the animation for dropping bones into the intestines plays, it's too late to spend acid to soften them.

Seconding this. While I love the concept of the game and wish more things focused on digestion like this, using the liver seems like a frustrating gamble. And there are issues with the game communicating the 'goals' (like using just enough acid to keep things bubbling). But I keep finding myself coming back to it and I super also love that there's a weight gain and calorie counter aspect as well!
Brains2
Been posting for a bit

Postby SomeDonkus » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Would be cool if there was an option for a male pred.
If you're not comfortable with that, then a genderless pred would also be nice.
SomeDonkus
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game