Ideas for a vore-themed MMORPG

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Ideas for a vore-themed MMORPG

Postby LightDragon » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:39 pm

So just to be clear : this is not a project. I know MMORPGs are the hardest and most demanding type of games to develop, so I'm not going to develop one as of now.

I just wanted to discuss the features that you would want to see in an hypothetical vore-themed MMORPG.

On character creation, you would have access to multiple species, both anthro and feral (humans, bears... Playing as a dragon could also be extremely cool.

In my opinion, a vore MMORPG would need to have 2 combat system: one for swallowing and digesting the target, and one for normal combat
The normal combat would mostly be used by prey-only players who don't wish to act as preds. It would be the simplest of the two. Players should be able to use both combat systems if they wish (they shouldn't have to choose one or the other).
Vore combat would consist of 3 phases :
- Stalemate: both fighters can attempt to swallow the other, or damage the other.
- Swallow: the pred is trying to swallow the prey, while the prey tries to get out. This is a transition phase, since no player can damage the other (except maybe with a "chew" skill for preds and "spines" for preys? Ideally, that would remain low damages).
- Belly: the prey is continuously damaged by acids and other offensive moves, but they can still damage the pred via normal combat. They can escape the stomach by killing the pred, or trying to escape through other means. The pred may have additional bars to represent non-lethal actions from the prey, like trying to go full tour or induce nausea.

Of course you would have several skills and objects for each phase of vore combat, and regular combat too.

Players could toggle on or off an option that lets them fight with players far below or above their level. The power fantasy is part of the vore experience for some people, but at the same time, allowing constant PVP between players of different levels could lead to abuse, hence the toggleable option.

Preds would also have the option to deactivate digestion damage, to allow for safe vore.
Characters would also have the option to customize their stomachs with cosmetics, notably skeletons of the players they digested.

I realise most of these mechanics are oriented towards player-player interactions. Most of these mechanics could definitely work in PVE, though.

Anyway, that's my guess for now !
LightDragon
Participator

Re: Ideas for a vore-themed MMORPG

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:45 pm

Whenever someone posts this question I have to ask, "why an MMORPG?" I know this question does not directly answer the question of what features you want, but I think it is really important. So, why build a game to be able to support thousands of concurrent players when you could build one that supports a couple hundred. What aspects of the larger player base improve the game?

The reason I ask this is that the vore community is highly fragmented in preferences. We see this in the gender/sex tags on basically every gallery entry. We have seen this in the games as well, where certain genres lean toward specific pred/prey relationships. In the multiplayer games that exist, like the SS13 vore servers, there is generally a requirement that either everyone consents before a vore scene, or that everyone is (vore)pan. This makes me think that building for a smaller concurrent player base, and allowing more server specific rules could be a better fit.

In old MMOs like Everquest (1), there was a limitation in how you moved across zones. Each zone was a server, and had it's own maximum population. There was load time when zoning and a zone could fill up. In the decentralized alternative I suggest, compatible servers could allow similar zoning. But allow/force character re-skinning to fit within whatever preferences the server was tuned for. So you could hop from an M/M Furry server, over to an F/F humanoid server with no stat/role changes, only cosmetic changes (provided the servers were compatible).

Independent of the above thoughts, I think it would be a cool feature to allow people to play monsters in some capacity. For example, Lets say players could take a quest with a reward that allowed them to take the role of an invading monster for a scripted event. Kind of like realm vs realm gameplay, but you set your main character aside for the event and play a monster type of your choosing. This could allow for massive asymmetry of abilities, without the typical balance concerns as the events would be scheduled and temporary.

The above mechanic could be themed within lore as well. as an example of potential theming, players could play as a game faction of cultists trying to bring about a demon invasion. If enough players complete quests to bring about the ritual, at a future date there would be a demon incursion. Players that contributed to the quest chain could play as a demon, rank depending on how many missions you finished. You would probably want the reverse as well, where good aligned religions could quest to stop the invasions.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Voremugen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:17 am

I would really love something like that.
There was a game posted the other day: Carnal Instinct, which supposedly had vore in it.
Sadly it seems that this was not the case but take that game and add the options of Mysta's openvore or Unbridled Hedonism and maybe internal levels/graphics of Echidna Wars/Its a gluttonous life and you would have the best and most modern vore game there is.
Personaly, i am looking for that game. MMVRS comes very close but the vore is wip.
Voremugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:52 am

I hate to burst your Bubble but I don't think the Vore Community is Large enough to Support an MMORPG.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Voremugen » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:38 am

Depends how you sell the vore imo.
Devil May Cry, Zelda, Dragons Dogma have their giant monsters.
Conan Exiles has its World and Setting to allow for Gore, Dismemberment and nudity.
I could imagine a dark fantasy world where everything bigger than you wants to eat you.
Let the Naga-Priestess devour you, the Dragon Lords devour you, the Griffin snatch you.
There are possibilities to make it appeal natural, an aspect of the world. That way, an RPG/MLO could appeal to mainstream and still deliver much vore.
Voremugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:33 am

I think "vore combat" is already a thing in the game A High Stakes Game. Not a fan because how well you did seemed to depend a lot on the random number god, which apparently hated me every time I played it. There's also been a couple other games I can't think of right now where you can just eat your opponent whenever you wanted during a battle.

I'm much more a fan of vore as a game mechanic. Which is to say it happens during regular gameplay or after a fight. There's many examples, but mostly because whoever you're playing as well as your opponent are normally strong enough to fight their way out I guess unless battered and bruised.

Not sure if you heard, but I actually have an idea myself for a game which isn't an MMO but a monster catching game in the style of Pokemon which is also I think a ruthless adult parody of it. Decided to call it Hothumon then wrote out a long and detailed list of things which I thought would be in it. Originally vore was not part of the game, but then I started thinking about it and the possibilities became too much at which point I decided to add a section on vore and how it works. Hey, LightDragon, I could let you take a look at what I wrote if you sent a PM at me asking for it. Wouldn't be the first time someone asked for the ideas and I obliged.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Etherthedrake » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:01 am

Ideas.. alright!
From a mmo standpoint, being vore-oriented does add a lot of options depending on what direction this would be taken in... like pred/prey specific classes and races! Wanna heal a tank without exposing yourself to danger? Do so from a belly! Or maybe you'd like to hoard kills and deal tons of damage? Eat your way to the top.
If you can make an explanation for why monsters prefer swallowing prey whole over traditional hunts, it wouldn't be too hard to incentivise vore as a central game mechanic.
Bonus points if some monsters do that for fun. Like that big serpent dwelling in a nearby forest, being a nuisance to a local village? Simply loves the way preys wriggle. Doesn't have to be a one-way trip~
Especially if that ends up a quest line where you investigate why the entire village moved into its stomach.
Maybe have playable monsters. Justified by some of them being sapient or uplifted via contact with other races.

Ideas aside, though, this is probably never gonna happen. It's fun to theorise, nonetheless...
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dongers » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:16 pm

If I had a penny for every time I've seen someone suggest/plan to make a vore MMO I'd have 3 pennies. Which isn't a lot, but it's confusing that I've seen people assume vore would make a good MMO thrice.

Fetish MMO's don't do well. For one, the communities themselves are almost never large enough, unless the entirety of the community was playing it, which isn't reasonable. Secondly, if you use the umbrella fetish (like Vore, Dom or Macro/Micro) as the base you can't make a coherent game for a lot of people. People want endo and absolutely dislike digestion. People want to churn anyone against their will. People only want consensual vore. People want to see disposal. People find disposal absolutely disgusting and the ultimate deal breaker. You have to choose which group you focus on.

Lastly, managing an MMO takes alot of money which just can't be expected to be gained from a fetish community. People will pay, but will they subscribe to a barren MMO? Will they buy stuff from the ingame store because you *will* need that money? MMO's are the hardest games to make and are even harder to maintain. You can't release them once or update them and be done with it and enjoy your handiwork from the sidelines. You have to stay on top even once you have finished it.

I'm sorry if this was a bit harsh, but you have to take into account how realistic something is to do.
Dongers
Participator

Postby Voremugen » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:53 am

I agree with Dongers.
The first hurdle imo would be a simple action adventure style game with a lot of vore mainstream-acceptable designed into it, as i mentions in my first post above.
That game finished/polished/known well and world established? NOW you could try to make it a smaller MMO akin to Conan Exiles/ZenithVR, given you have made good money and a Company that can handle this. (20 ppl at least).

I see one way in the far future: When an AI can generate the mmo and maintain it for you, so you would only need a small team to supervision the ai, its logs and code a little, communication, exposure, advertiment and support.

At current state: Impossible when you are not an Elon Musk in terms of funds with a vore fetish - who can invest 200 million for fun.... sadly. Maybe there will be a genius programmer who proves us wrong. I also dream about an Guild War 2 - Level vore MMORPG. Give GW2 a try perhaps, it has a little vore in it. (Champion Drakes that swallow you and a giant worm that swallows a whole group (for a quick fight in its stomach) for example)
Voremugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:40 am

Aleph-Null wrote:Whenever someone posts this question I have to ask, "why an MMORPG?" I know this question does not directly answer the question of what features you want, but I think it is really important. So, why build a game to be able to support thousands of concurrent players when you could build one that supports a couple hundred. What aspects of the larger player base improve the game?

The reason I ask this is that the vore community is highly fragmented in preferences. We see this in the gender/sex tags on basically every gallery entry. We have seen this in the games as well, where certain genres lean toward specific pred/prey relationships. In the multiplayer games that exist, like the SS13 vore servers, there is generally a requirement that either everyone consents before a vore scene, or that everyone is (vore)pan. This makes me think that building for a smaller concurrent player base, and allowing more server specific rules could be a better fit.

In old MMOs like Everquest (1), there was a limitation in how you moved across zones. Each zone was a server, and had it's own maximum population. There was load time when zoning and a zone could fill up. In the decentralized alternative I suggest, compatible servers could allow similar zoning. But allow/force character re-skinning to fit within whatever preferences the server was tuned for. So you could hop from an M/M Furry server, over to an F/F humanoid server with no stat/role changes, only cosmetic changes (provided the servers were compatible).

Independent of the above thoughts, I think it would be a cool feature to allow people to play monsters in some capacity. For example, Lets say players could take a quest with a reward that allowed them to take the role of an invading monster for a scripted event. Kind of like realm vs realm gameplay, but you set your main character aside for the event and play a monster type of your choosing. This could allow for massive asymmetry of abilities, without the typical balance concerns as the events would be scheduled and temporary.

The above mechanic could be themed within lore as well. as an example of potential theming, players could play as a game faction of cultists trying to bring about a demon invasion. If enough players complete quests to bring about the ritual, at a future date there would be a demon incursion. Players that contributed to the quest chain could play as a demon, rank depending on how many missions you finished. You would probably want the reverse as well, where good aligned religions could quest to stop the invasions.

aren't mmorpgs just mmos that are also RPGs? and mmorpgs can have smaller playerbases
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:56 am

Anonymous111 wrote:aren't mmorpgs just mmos that are also RPGs? and mmorpgs can have smaller playerbases

yeah, smaller like a few thousand people.
Do you think there's a few thousand people willing to pay money for a vore MMO to pay the upkeep and maintenance fees for the server?
darkevilme
---

Postby ian66613 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:23 pm

In an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, they have "Corpse Runs." But if the Vore MMO were to have soul manipulating entities like Succubi in it, then the player character's soul would be subject to being trapped within the body of the predator until the ghost/soul is also digested. This would mean being eaten by a soul manipulating entity would guarantee EXP Loss.

And yes, you would want Level / Energy Drain in a Vore MMORPG. Trust me on this.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Anonymous111 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:27 pm

Dongers wrote:If I had a penny for every time I've seen someone suggest/plan to make a vore MMO I'd have 3 pennies. Which isn't a lot, but it's confusing that I've seen people assume vore would make a good MMO thrice.

Fetish MMO's don't do well. For one, the communities themselves are almost never large enough, unless the entirety of the community was playing it, which isn't reasonable. Secondly, if you use the umbrella fetish (like Vore, Dom or Macro/Micro) as the base you can't make a coherent game for a lot of people. People want endo and absolutely dislike digestion. People want to churn anyone against their will. People only want consensual vore. People want to see disposal. People find disposal absolutely disgusting and the ultimate deal breaker. You have to choose which group you focus on.

Lastly, managing an MMO takes alot of money which just can't be expected to be gained from a fetish community. People will pay, but will they subscribe to a barren MMO? Will they buy stuff from the ingame store because you *will* need that money? MMO's are the hardest games to make and are even harder to maintain. You can't release them once or update them and be done with it and enjoy your handiwork from the sidelines. You have to stay on top even once you have finished it.

I'm sorry if this was a bit harsh, but you have to take into account how realistic something is to do.

maybe it could instead be a RPG that allows players to host their own servers with custom preference tags, which would be showed when someone is viewing the server before they connect, this would fix all three problems
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:12 pm

ian66613 wrote:In an MMORPG like World of Warcraft, they have "Corpse Runs." But if the Vore MMO were to have soul manipulating entities like Succubi in it, then the player character's soul would be subject to being trapped within the body of the predator until the ghost/soul is also digested. This would mean being eaten by a soul manipulating entity would guarantee EXP Loss.

And yes, you would want Level / Energy Drain in a Vore MMORPG. Trust me on this.

As someone who's played plenty of vore games, no the fuck you wouldn't.

Losing progress in a fetish-based game is the fastest way to kill interest in the game. Nobody wants to go back to lower levels and thus have it be either impossible or much more difficult to get to content that had previously unlocked.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Houyo » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 am

Lol a whole lot of people ignored the very first line of the post it seems. XD

Honestly, an 'mmo' isn't super hard to run on the same system that Space Station 13 uses. I've seen people run mini mmos on it before for stuff like Final Fantasy. And I know that's not 'massively multiplayer' but it fills the same niche on a very small scale. Theoretically you could do something similar to the space station 13 vore server but make it a fantasy setting.
Houyo
???

Postby lightmagician60 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:47 pm

personally Vore-themed RPGs in general are underutilized.
player retention would be an issue, so you may not want to make a PvP only game

a Vore-sandbox, like openvore, Essence of Gender, Nomad and Unbridled Hedonism. with multiplayer would be interesting

Vorewar with PvP would be interesting

it doesn't need to be a combat mechenic. but also/just a Leveling mechanic.
a while ago someone asked about a pokemon style vore game, and i suggested. you could Vore your opponents to get Exp. Vore to "catch", {throw in a Permadeath Mode if you want}
the types of Vore can do different things, from extra Stats, to CV and UB making Breeding Better. even throw in Age Regression for to a Reincarnate mechanic
all those can apply to a Vore MMO as well
lightmagician60
New to the forum

Postby DroolingPred » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Wasn't there an MUD with vore? I think it's Flexible Survival?
DroolingPred
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:43 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:aren't mmorpgs just mmos that are also RPGs? and mmorpgs can have smaller playerbases

Sorry, this message slipped by me.

"MMORPG" stands for Massive(ly) Multi-player Online Role Playing Game. "MMO" is short for "MMORPG."

The massive has historically referred to games that needed to be hosted across multiple servers for a single shared world. There are plenty of community run projects that can host hundreds of concurrent players, and they are not considered to be an MMO.

There is a drastic difference in all aspects of game development for a game that has dozens of concurrent players, vs a game that has thousands of concurrent players. I am suggesting that your implementation should target a community with dozens of concurrent players.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game