Need some advice

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Need some advice

Postby Dotsu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:13 am

I was thinking of making a vore themed rpg (yeah yeah i know how original of an idea.) But i need some advice, I see a lot of people using Kiskae, honey select, or art from the site/on the internet for their games. Anly suggestions on what i should use? As i plan on using RPG Maker MV.

Help would be appricated as well what vore centered sprites i will need for rpg maker and also what vore fetishes should i include?
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Re: Need some advice

Postby Chessa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:22 am

Well it helps to have an idea of what you plan, as an example, as a new developer you can easily try to build something far outside of your ability, an engine like Renpy>RPGmaker>Godot is about how it goes with code simplicity, with twine thrown in there as well.

I'd suggest you check out Itchio, it has tons of add-ons for RPGmaker including compatible sprites, the cutest furry ones I've found are here; https://painartio.itch.io/ but it also includes better human sprites and lots of compatible outfits between both the furry and non-furry to make it all cross compatible, problem is, you have to pay for it. But there's a bundle with all of the sprites and it does go on sale a lot for like 60% reduce (So like 15$ for all of it) which is what I did
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:28 am

Oh, sorry about the doublepost, also try to setup github or a similar cloud service for your game files so no matter what you don't lose your precious progress, I really recommend a private repo on github.

Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:30 am

Chessa wrote:Well it helps to have an idea of what you plan, as an example, as a new developer you can easily try to build something far outside of your ability, an engine like Renpy>RPGmaker>Godot is about how it goes with code simplicity, with twine thrown in there as well.

I'd suggest you check out Itchio, it has tons of add-ons for RPGmaker including compatible sprites, the cutest furry ones I've found are here; https://painartio.itch.io/ but it also includes better human sprites and lots of compatible outfits between both the furry and non-furry to make it all cross compatible, problem is, you have to pay for it. But there's a bundle with all of the sprites and it does go on sale a lot for like 60% reduce (So like 15$ for all of it) which is what I did

Ah i have used RPG maker before and am very experinced in JavaScript the issue i am having with is art. I plan to start out with a rpg similar to Vore town or A way back home. Fairly simple to start an either work to once a basic story is laid out (i have a few ideas) and move to more a Nyan adventures type of vore rpg (give lots of different an kinda ever present vore options i love player choice!) but the issue is for my ideas i need to design characters but i cant draw to well nor do i have time to sit an draw each scene. So something like Kiskae or Honey select would be prefered though at the same time never used those two programs. So i dunno what would be better to work with (More for character design an customization) rather then just super easy as i am not against learning new software to do it though this would be a spare time game.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:32 am

Chessa wrote:Oh, sorry about the doublepost, also try to setup github or a similar cloud service for your game files so no matter what you don't lose your precious progress, I really recommend a private repo on github.

Ah well i do have a way too upload such a project to a private cloud storage solution to not loose it. thanks for the suggestion of github though i cant do that due to work reasons! tho i do plan on using google drive/mega for this.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Chessa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:34 am

Dotsu wrote:
Chessa wrote:Well it helps to have an idea of what you plan, as an example, as a new developer you can easily try to build something far outside of your ability, an engine like Renpy>RPGmaker>Godot is about how it goes with code simplicity, with twine thrown in there as well.

Ah i have used RPG maker before and am very experinced in JavaScript the issue i am having with is art. I plan to start out with a rpg similar to Vore town or A way back home. Fairly simple to start an either work to once a basic story is laid out (i have a few ideas) and move to more a Nyan adventures type of vore rpg (give lots of different an kinda ever present vore options i love player choice!) but the issue is for my ideas i need to design characters but i cant draw to well nor do i have time to sit an draw each scene. So something like Kiskae or Honey select would be prefered though at the same time never used those two programs. So i dunno what would be better to work with (More for character design an customization) rather then just super easy as i am not against learning new software to do it though this would be a spare time game.

KIsekae I think would be best for visual novel style busts, while HoneySelect and other 3D would be better for CG's and stuff I think. I'd recommend you look into Kisekai for this reason if you're doing RPGM because you still need sprites, you can't just use a 3D model to represent your characters ...

But you can actually use 2D, since dragonbones (Spinerigging software) is actually compatible with MV

Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:37 am

Augh doublepost again, there are also generators that exist for sprites like this.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ed.112990/ which improve the default ones (to make them a bit less smushed in the world map and able to be detailed more while still being compatible with clothes)

Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:38 am

Chessa wrote:
Dotsu wrote:

KIsekae I think would be best for visual novel style busts, while HoneySelect and other 3D would be better for CG's and stuff I think. I'd recommend you look into Kisekai for this reason if you're doing RPGM because you still need sprites, you can't just use a 3D model to represent your characters ...

But you can actually use 2D, since dragonbones (Spinerigging software) is actually compatible with MV

I was leaning towards kiskae for other reasons (it would be eaiser to make things like a futanari possible in game an such) but i was wondering as a few games went from kiskae to honey select an some scense are 2d some are 3d (A way back home is a good example) so if kiskae id have to cut some ideas but that is fine i plan on having more oral vore an anal vore then anything in it (Since other forms of vore are not to popular when it comes to games) though a weight gain system could be a bit limited. ah oh well.

as for spine rigging that would be interesting later on for sure! though id do improvements like that once the game is done or mostly complete. since RPG maker can support transparent video it would be a interesting idea.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Chessa » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:26 am

Not a problem but like, I think I've given you all the advice I can give, I hope others can pop in here and throw info your way though.

Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 pm

Chessa wrote:Not a problem but like, I think I've given you all the advice I can give, I hope others can pop in here and throw info your way though.

Thank you it is welcomed that is for sure..
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby umakeisee » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:03 am

Art was definitely the hangup for me when doing my Vore Days mod. I was doing the "borrowed art" thing for a while, but it's both annoying and questionably legal. It's what I'd advise against. I'm looking into HS, but it is both hard on my old computer and complex. What I settled on was Kisekae. Despite not liking the aesthetic at first, it grew on me, as long as the effort is put in to make them all look unique.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:44 pm

umakeisee wrote:Art was definitely the hangup for me when doing my Vore Days mod. I was doing the "borrowed art" thing for a while, but it's both annoying and questionably legal. It's what I'd advise against. I'm looking into HS, but it is both hard on my old computer and complex. What I settled on was Kisekae. Despite not liking the aesthetic at first, it grew on me, as long as the effort is put in to make them all look unique.

I have considered Kiskae more due to the fact i can export in RPGMV standards for face assets the issue for me is more to doo with body sprites right now (show when the pc (player character) has eaten someone an do things like show digestions etc like a way back home or nyan adventures as well i am not one too make VN's)
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Depends on if you plan to have cutscenes where characters interact or not. If not, Kisekae will probably be for the best. Otherwise, Koikatsu would be best if you want CG anime characters. If you don't care much for CG anime, maybe Honey Select would be best. GooInABox is using Honey Select to make models for what I now call SLVG and they've been great so far. I think there's a Honey Select 2 now, but they're using the first.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:33 pm

wariodude128 wrote:Depends on if you plan to have cutscenes where characters interact or not. If not, Kisekae will probably be for the best. Otherwise, Koikatsu would be best if you want CG anime characters. If you don't care much for CG anime, maybe Honey Select would be best. GooInABox is using Honey Select to make models for what I now call SLVG and they've been great so far. I think there's a Honey Select 2 now, but they're using the first.

For now i will most likely use Kiskae but rn i am trying to use transparancy things an not having any luck with that. So some information/toturials for that would be helpeful also some sprite stuff for characters when voring npcs/party members as well id like to show that the prey is being digested (i dont like instant digestion so yeah tho cant fgure out how to export from kiskae in higher resolutions or with a transparanct background so it wont mess with other things in RPG maker.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:44 pm

I see my thread is pretty dead. Maybe it was a dumb idea. Sorry to bother those on the forum. Illl return to my usually scheduled lurking.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:42 am

I don't think a thread like this was a mistake, though.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Grimoutsider » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:15 am

Best of luck Dotsu, always look forward to new games. Sorry I don't know anything about game design to help.
Grimoutsider
New to the forum

Return to Vore game