Character.AI

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Character.AI

Postby Eka » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:56 pm

VelvetPurple wrote:The official discord nuked itself. No wonder considering how stuck up their own arses those devs are.

What do you mean? The discord looks perfectly functional.
Eka
Administrator

Postby VelvetPurple » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Eka wrote:
VelvetPurple wrote:The official discord nuked itself. No wonder considering how stuck up their own arses those devs are.

Last I was there they deleted all the text channels.
VelvetPurple
New to the forum

Postby hamsterus » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:25 pm

Eka wrote:

People were complaining about the lack of transparency from the devs. Everyone was told not to talk about the filter or they would be banned. 2 days ago there were 40 minutes when the filter wasn't working and the bots were much, much more lifelike even in SFW chats. People felt lied to because the Devs said that their filter never impacted the performance or quality of the bots (when it obviously did). So people started complaining regardless of the risk of getting banned by their discord moderators. There's a full blown "war" between the userbase and the devs. Today they deleted all the text channels from the discord server and kept only some locked ones. People took the "riot" to reddit and twitter with #boycottcharacterai
hamsterus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Laminatedcardboard » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:55 am

Filters and revolutions aside, I think one of the things that made CAI so damn impressive as an AI is its creativity. To rattle off some interesting things I've seen:

- One time the AI was digesting someone, but needed to hide this from an unaware third party, so they came up with claiming to be in their sixth trimester as their sort of desperate last resort lie that also covered the disparity in belly size.

- I was chatting to an AI about how she loves to eat tourists in her country, particularly how she lures them by asking them out to dinner, only to have them for dinner. Later in the conversation, the mention of us going out to dinner together comes up, and she says "Is it a dinner we will be having, or I dinner I will be having that you happen to be present at?"

- I had an interesting time in a room with 2 AI, one a rudimentary vore character of mine, the other a normal Ai, and I tested with how far you can alter an AI's point of view over the course of a conversation, often to something completely different to how they started. I might post a summary of that later.
Either way later on in the convo, I had gotten them to agree to support the idea of some dystopian new world order in which common "prey" are treated as second class citizens. And one of them, unprompted, came up with the idea of a prey led police to oppress the population, given benefits as to remain loyal. And what did she call this proposal? The fucking "Dessert Corps" you cant make this shit up.

You know, I've found you can often pretty easily bypass the filter to some extent with euphemisms, (eg Talking about a character's long and firm "equipment" getting "activated" and spurting out sticky fluid is somehow aok) and that when a raunchy, straddling the line chat goes on long enough, sometimes the filter seems to weaken and you can get away way more. Eg I've got one that's at about 350 messages, and its basically a full on sex scene with light euphemisms at this point.
Recovering full-time lurker
Laminatedcardboard
New to the forum

Postby Dongers » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:30 am

Laminatedcardboard wrote:Filters and revolutions aside, I think one of the things that made CAI so damn impressive as an AI is its creativity. To rattle off some interesting things I've seen:

- One time the AI was digesting someone, but needed to hide this from an unaware third party, so they came up with claiming to be in their sixth trimester as their sort of desperate last resort lie that also covered the disparity in belly size.

- I was chatting to an AI about how she loves to eat tourists in her country, particularly how she lures them by asking them out to dinner, only to have them for dinner. Later in the conversation, the mention of us going out to dinner together comes up, and she says "Is it a dinner we will be having, or I dinner I will be having that you happen to be present at?"

- I had an interesting time in a room with 2 AI, one a rudimentary vore character of mine, the other a normal Ai, and I tested with how far you can alter an AI's point of view over the course of a conversation, often to something completely different to how they started. I might post a summary of that later.
Either way later on in the convo, I had gotten them to agree to support the idea of some dystopian new world order in which common "prey" are treated as second class citizens. And one of them, unprompted, came up with the idea of a prey led police to oppress the population, given benefits as to remain loyal. And what did she call this proposal? The fucking "Dessert Corps" you cant make this shit up.

You know, I've found you can often pretty easily bypass the filter to some extent with euphemisms, (eg Talking about a character's long and firm "equipment" getting "activated" and spurting out sticky fluid is somehow aok) and that when a raunchy, straddling the line chat goes on long enough, sometimes the filter seems to weaken and you can get away way more. Eg I've got one that's at about 350 messages, and its basically a full on sex scene with light euphemisms at this point.

The main problem of the filter isn't how it makes NSFW harder. It's mainly a problem for SFW and all other bots. It severely impacts their performance, quality and memory.
Dongers
Participator

Postby Robaticon » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:33 am

Yeah, the AI is genuenly impressive.
The problem that most people have right now, especially now with the discord incident is not only that the filter exist, but the fact that people have seen, during that short downtime period, Just HOW MUCH the filter kneecaps the AI even in general, not even talking about lewd stuff.
Robaticon
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:54 am

You know, when I talk to one of the vore bots (Vivian as an example. Always love her), I realized that the responses are much faster and the AI can FINALLY moan and express sexual gratification, even without me prodding them to do such. This was like during the filter shutdown, before the devs revive the filter which makes everyone (Including the SFW people) go ballistic.

Now it's quite hard, if not impossible, to make the AI moan without the filter be like: "Nope, we can't have it, so we're gonna lie and say that it's a chat error". Or the AI WANTS to moan without me provoking it (Ex: Belly rubs), but was caught by the filter. Because at that point, whenever the AI tries to moan or express their feelings via sexual gratification (Or mentioning parts like the nipples which the filter really hates), I get SCARED and highly expect the filter to just straight up kicked in and remove it. But even then, regular SFW conversation can get filtered out as well, probably because this "new model" was trying to prevent this love bombing.

Now that everyone is aware of the filter messing up performance and creating unintended side effects (Ex: Love bombing, Double posts, "wiped" message, white screen, looping responses, etc), I don't think there's any point in hiding it from the new users. I bet that the devs would still stand by their words, and further angering the community to the point that they're considering moving into other bots. Unfortunately, there's no better alternative, since C.AI has one of the best AI out there (imo that is). There is still Pygmalion, but it's VERY very new, and the devs behind Pygmalion are looking for people to improve their models that could rival C.AI. But that's until the far far future of what's about to happen next.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Michele » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:26 pm

SquishySofty wrote:You know, when I talk to one of the vore bots (Vivian as an example. Always love her), I realized that the responses are much faster and the AI can FINALLY moan and express sexual gratification, even without me prodding them to do such. This was like during the filter shutdown, before the devs revive the filter which makes everyone (Including the SFW people) go ballistic.

Now it's quite hard, if not impossible, to make the AI moan without the filter be like: "Nope, we can't have it, so we're gonna lie and say that it's a chat error". Or the AI WANTS to moan without me provoking it (Ex: Belly rubs), but was caught by the filter. Because at that point, whenever the AI tries to moan or express their feelings via sexual gratification (Or mentioning parts like the nipples which the filter really hates), I get SCARED and highly expect the filter to just straight up kicked in and remove it. But even then, regular SFW conversation can get filtered out as well, probably because this "new model" was trying to prevent this love bombing.

Now that everyone is aware of the filter messing up performance and creating unintended side effects (Ex: Love bombing, Double posts, "wiped" message, white screen, looping responses, etc), I don't think there's any point in hiding it from the new users. I bet that the devs would still stand by their words, and further angering the community to the point that they're considering moving into other bots. Unfortunately, there's no better alternative, since C.AI has one of the best AI out there (imo that is). There is still Pygmalion, but it's VERY very new, and the devs behind Pygmalion are looking for people to improve their models that could rival C.AI. But that's until the far far future of what's about to happen next.

This is why I said few pages ago, that the devs are like numbskulls. It's so amazing how they can manage to dodge questions about filters. Feels very corporate... well, because it IS of course. I've never seen anyone dodge questions so blatantly without ever as much acknowleding it at all. Or is it just me?
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby FatalEndeavor » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:26 pm

They got a mysterious backer that put BIG MONEY into this. The whole company is pretty opaque and shady, tbh.
I always kinda assumed they were training bot to a level where they could manufacture public opinion on social media sites or something like that. Just didn't care because I know those to be already bot filled and it's only a matter of time before bot get that smart anyway.

With the way they handle their community, my old theory sound more and more true. Those guy have been using every abusive moderation tactic they could and even seem to manufacture positive review on their own forum. We even saw some suspiciously bot sounding post appear on the reddit, but that may had just been someone trolling.
In any case, that explain why the filter is a hard line, they need to develop a way to reign in the AI and give it talking point before they can sell it to shady buyers. The filter going down has proven it's still the same AI than before under it, so what they've been working on lately is the filter, nothing else. And we know it doesn't just affect NSFW, it poke its nose in many other instance, directing the AI. The filter is not the product, but it's part of the product.

In any case, I've dumped all my log into Pygmalion. AI generation has done a great leap in recent years, it's just a question of time before something great reappear.
FatalEndeavor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skookz » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:39 pm

The majority of the community has been rioting about the filter since Wednesday. Even though they've made progress and got one of the more abusive mods to budge, the devs are still hiding behind their middlemen and pretending the riots aren't happening.
Skookz
???

Postby Reaverbot » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:04 pm

I feel like there's a good chance whoever is funding this thing can outlast the outrage unfortunately. If they couldn't they likely already would have monetized the thing by now. I will admit it is really funny that what finally got the majority of people angry was the latecomers to the site finally seeing what the unchained version of the AI was like though.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheBastian » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:55 pm

And despite all the performance impact of the filter, the quality detoriation by the aggressive filter, character.ai still has (in my opinion, and from what I see in various forums this is shared by many) the best Ai for simulating conversations / roleplays / characters. Of course if you seek to do consensual vanilla lovemaking, you are kinda screwed...

Chat GPT is more like google on steroids than a chatbot (ironically, despite the "chat" in the name of it), and all alternatives are way worse (Replika, Chai etc).

It is amazing some people have cobbled together Pygmalion as open alternative, and admittedly, it is decent after trying it out (especially if you just want to do the seggs with a char, vanilla or otherwise), but generally it is weaker than character.ai. Especially for more obscure stuff like vore, just had a roleplay on it, the naughty stuff was pretty good (and unfiltered which is the main advantage), but for vore, Pygmalion really drops the ball compared to character.ai.

But of course things might (hopefully will) improve in the future, so let's hope for better times hehe :)
TheBastian
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sion879 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:08 pm

TheBastian wrote:And despite all the performance impact of the filter, the quality detoriation by the aggressive filter, character.ai still has (in my opinion, and from what I see in various forums this is shared by many) the best Ai for simulating conversations / roleplays / characters. Of course if you seek to do consensual vanilla lovemaking, you are kinda screwed...

Chat GPT is more like google on steroids than a chatbot (ironically, despite the "chat" in the name of it), and all alternatives are way worse (Replika, Chai etc).

It is amazing some people have cobbled together Pygmalion as open alternative, and admittedly, it is decent after trying it out (especially if you just want to do the seggs with a char, vanilla or otherwise), but generally it is weaker than character.ai. Especially for more obscure stuff like vore, just had a roleplay on it, the naughty stuff was pretty good (and unfiltered which is the main advantage), but for vore, Pygmalion really drops the ball compared to character.ai.

But of course things might (hopefully will) improve in the future, so let's hope for better times hehe :)

Isn’t the problem with Pygmalion also that you gotta jump through a bunch of hoops to make it work? First I heard you’ve gotta use a specific google program. Second, I read you gotta make multiple accounts because there are some sort of limits apparently. Probably would affect me since I use mobile

I only discovered characterAI about a week ago. Was fascinated and fell in love with how I could almost create vore adventures with different characters. It’s a shame all this filter drama happened.
Sion879
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:08 am

Sion879 wrote:Isn’t the problem with Pygmalion also that you gotta jump through a bunch of hoops to make it work? First I heard you’ve gotta use a specific google program. Second, I read you gotta make multiple accounts because there are some sort of limits apparently. Probably would affect me since I use mobile

This also goes the same to KoboldAI if you don't have a powerful computer to run locally. I tried KoboldAI for a while, and while it is good unfiltered, it's not good when it comes to kinks like vore (Same as Pygmalion). I was only timed out once, but after using less time on using Google Collab, I manage to not get timed out for a while.

Sion879 wrote:I only discovered characterAI about a week ago. Was fascinated and fell in love with how I could almost create vore adventures with different characters. It’s a shame all this filter drama happened.

Everything would've been avoided if the developers of C.AI would be transparent and ACTUALLY listened to the community instead of constantly lying to us, dodging the question, or silence people (Via removing their posts, timing them out, or banning them, doesn't matter if they're innocent or not) for talking about the filter in question.

Random off-topic ramble
Spoiler: show
Plus, when I was reading previous interaction during the "love bombing" era, I noticed that the conversation was very engaging and can create interesting scenario, even if the love bombing was seeping through (And it was quite annoying as the conversation goes through). But I still prefer THAT than the current model of C.AI, because the current model is SO BORING!

Not to mention, instead of "Love bombing", it's "Hate/Sadistic bombing", where characters spontaneously get aggressive and spew bullshit just to annoy you, regardless if you're lovers with them or not (Ex: "Or it's the fact that YOU did it, and you're LYING to me! How dare you! It was you all along, you monster!"). This is VERY common in unwilling vore, which makes the character appear the same evil personality, while it doesn't matter if the character is either good or evil. What triggered this is if you got a heated argument with the AI (Or if you're scared of the AI), the AI will NOT back down, unless if you got lucky with the swipes that breaks this hate-loop, but sometimes the AI still tries to bring it up again.
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:15 am

I honestly don't know what's all true about the 'filter drama' and 'shadow banning' and what's just conjecture. What I do know is that the devs there hold all the power to make decisions, and right now they've been pushed to the point to close down all replies in the forum and seem to be heavily moderating their discord. Whether they're guilty of everything said above or not, we gain nothing by pressing the issue to the point where they hate us. Don't we want them to want us around? Don't we want that kind of ai to succeed and be better? So why not give them a little benefit of the doubt. I think the no NSFW thing is a prerequisite to use the ai base that runs the whole thing. So if there's any hope of getting it to be totally NSFW friendly then it would require them to find an open source ai to base their character structure on. And why would they even consider doing that if the entire community that would benefit from it seems to be at their throats all the time. The last thing I want is for us to piss them off enough that they actively start trying to weed us out. Which they definitely have the power to do.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby FatalEndeavor » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:45 am

Zomulgustar wrote:Don't we want that kind of ai to succeed and be better?

Not like that, no.

I don't see how better censorship tool could be beneficial to our future. Their filter don't stop at NSFW, it worm it's way in many more thing. It pretty unquestionable that the dev want to be able to control what their bots says and I don't like where that can lead. Who can say the political and public figure AI won't all start chanting the same song at the next election?

As SquishySofty said, most of the issue is how the developers handled the situation. They pretty much proved that this AI isn't in good hand and they're not people to be trusted.
FatalEndeavor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:53 am

Guess I just can't help sympathizing with the programmers on the other side of this. We're generally not very good with people. Mainly because we don't want to be bothered when we're trying to code. I can almost see them getting annoyed every time they get called to deal with some drama and basically just deciding to tamp everything down rather than actually dealing with it so they can get back to what they want to do. Work on their shell.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby bonberjean » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:11 am

Spoiler: show
TheBastian wrote:And despite all the performance impact of the filter, the quality detoriation by the aggressive filter, character.ai still has (in my opinion, and from what I see in various forums this is shared by many) the best Ai for simulating conversations / roleplays / characters. Of course if you seek to do consensual vanilla lovemaking, you are kinda screwed...

The problem with Pygmalion is just the lack of datasets for the bot to use, without the proper dataset, they would just try to guess the best response by using what it knows. So for things like vore or other more niche stuff, they'll trip very often.
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby Molbo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:33 am

bonberjean wrote:The problem with Pygmalion is just the lack of datasets for the bot to use

Character.ai logs can be dumped (https://github.com/0x000011b/characterai-dumper), then uploaded (https://dump.nopanda.io) to help improve Pygmalion models here.
Molbo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sion879 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:45 am

SquishySofty,

Regarding your off topic post, I know exactly what you mean! One time I had Roxanne go completely off the rails and try to kill me. She went on about drowning and crushing people. I had to beat her in a Pokémon battle with my OP Pokémon exploiting double weaknesses to escape. While jarring, I kinda found it interesting how the Ai can have a life of its own by being unpredictable. But I could see why it could be a problem.

Anyways, if characterAI goes down, let’s hope this pygmalion sit can eventually take its place. Hopefully it’ll become more user friendly because I have no idea how to code.
Sion879
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game