CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Postby LonerImortal » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:54 pm

for me the "Less commom updates with more content" would be the definition of the "Let hin cook" meme.
fitting for a vore game lol
LonerImortal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragnanomer » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:16 am

Thinking back on the "he is asking for it" scene when you talk to the kid made me think... what if you add like a moral or reputation stat which fluxuates with who or what you eat... innocents, kids, or royalty will make it go down if caught and vise versa for bad characters
Dragnanomer
New to the forum

Postby BoundedlyRational » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:34 am

This is a very promising start! I always love to see new games that heavily feature player monstergirl pred.
Looking forward to the updates.
BoundedlyRational
New to the forum

Postby Natolin » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Ah shit, I was planning on making an april fool's day post where I released chapter 2 but the link was just like a fart noise or something :(
Oh well, too late now.

ANYWAYS

I'm a bit sorry to say I did almost nothing in the game the past week or so (literally wrote about 5 lines of dialogue and cleaned up one event), but I'll try to snap myself back into the working spirit this week :3

ketchup wrote:Honestly I’d say do whatever works best for you and your work style. You’re doing this for free right now, so you really shouldn’t feel obligated to us at all. I just appreciate that this game exist all and that it’s not dead.

LonerImortal wrote:for me the "Less commom updates with more content" would be the definition of the "Let hin cook" meme.
fitting for a vore game lol

BoundedlyRational wrote:This is a very promising start! I always love to see new games that heavily feature player monstergirl pred.
Looking forward to the updates.

Thanks for the opinions! <3 I think I am gonna go for the "less common more stuff" style both because that puts less pressure on me to be constantly releasing updates and it makes it more enjoyable for you when one comes out :3 My plans for this game are pretty lofty so I really hope I can deliver and make something really special for ya's :D

That being said...
Dragnanomer wrote:Thinking back on the "he is asking for it" scene when you talk to the kid made me think... what if you add like a moral or reputation stat which fluxuates with who or what you eat... innocents, kids, or royalty will make it go down if caught and vise versa for bad characters

This is... probably not going to happen. It's a neat idea, but making a full undertale-esque system of morality would be
1.) very difficult to achieve
and
2.) would probably detract from the idea I had in mind where a single player can see every vore scene whenever they want without having to restart a playthrough.
Perhaaaps there may be one or two that will only be visible if you chose something else earlier on, but I don't want to make that a main mechanic because that entails making detailed scenes that only half the people will even see

Edit as of 4/24:
Project is still in motion! I've taken a few weeks break because I've been really burnt out on vore stuff in general, but I'm hoping to get back into the groove within the next week or so and *finally* get this long awaited update out!!!
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lagioscuru » Tue May 02, 2023 11:18 am

It's about a secretary that Rita can eat at City Hall.
I think it's a bit late to talk about it now, but when the secretary finds out that Rita wants to eat her, can you add the choice that secretary willingly feed herself to Rita?
I know this is a 'vore game' but, you know she didn't try to eat me or being rude to me. so when I eat her for vore scene, I feel kind a guilty :/
lagioscuru
New to the forum

Postby Natolin » Sat May 13, 2023 9:35 am

lagioscuru wrote:It's about a secretary that Rita can eat at City Hall.
I think it's a bit late to talk about it now, but when the secretary finds out that Rita wants to eat her, can you add the choice that secretary willingly feed herself to Rita?
I know this is a 'vore game' but, you know she didn't try to eat me or being rude to me. so when I eat her for vore scene, I feel kind a guilty :/

Hmmm.... I mean, I guess I *could* do that? But I feel like that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. As I said earlier, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have her do that just based on the setting it takes place in. Although it isn't necessary to eat her to progress, and the reward for eating everyone won't be a thing until the *very* end of the game, and still will be just a small thing, maybe an extra vore scene or some kind of alternate ending, but I'll never make it *necessary* to eat everyone in the game.

Also now that someone else posted here I have the excuse to say this again....
The project is still not dead ^-^ I've been really distracted with personal issues as well as getting very easily addicted to other projects, but the next chapters are still in progress (remember that 'February deadline'? xD). I'm trying to get more and more ambitious to make up for the long wait time... which is only making the wait time longer.... so it's kind of a paradox at this point lol
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lagioscuru » Sat May 13, 2023 11:22 am

Natolin wrote:

Hmmm.... I mean, I guess I *could* do that? But I feel like that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. As I said earlier, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have her do that just based on the setting it takes place in. Although it isn't necessary to eat her to progress, and the reward for eating everyone won't be a thing until the *very* end of the game, and still will be just a small thing, maybe an extra vore scene or some kind of alternate ending, but I'll never make it *necessary* to eat everyone in the game.

The project is still not dead ^-^ I've been really distracted with personal issues as well as getting very easily addicted to other projects, but the next chapters are still in progress (remember that 'February deadline'? xD). I'm trying to get more and more ambitious to make up for the long wait time... which is only making the wait time longer.... so it's kind of a paradox at this point lol

Thank you for your reply. I'm not from an English-speaking country, so I think I didn't deliver my words well cuase I'm using a translator. (Actually, I used a translator for this, too. -_-;)
I didn't mean that I had to eat her to proceed with the game.
It is up to the player to eat the secretary and does not affect the progress of the game story.
In fact, no matter how many times Rita eats, the secretary is fully digested in Rita's stomach, or when she comes out of Rita's body very naturally after digestion, she is revived. (I'm kidding, but maybe every time Rita eats a secretary, City Hall will continue to hire a new secretary who looks just like the one eaten by Rita, or city hall apply strict dress codes to the newly hired secretary. lol)
It's true that I felt guilty, but the more accurate reason is that I like "Willing Vore" and I wanted to see the secretary want to be eaten by Rita lol

Anyway, just the news that the game hasn't died is good enough. Don't overdo it to make it too perfect. Your game is cool enough!
lagioscuru
New to the forum

Postby ketchup » Sat May 13, 2023 2:43 pm

lagioscuru wrote:
Natolin wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I'm not from an English-speaking country, so I think I didn't deliver my words well cuase I'm using a translator. (Actually, I used a translator for this, too. -_-;)
I didn't mean that I had to eat her to proceed with the game.
It is up to the player to eat the secretary and does not affect the progress of the game story.
In fact, no matter how many times Rita eats, the secretary is fully digested in Rita's stomach, or when she comes out of Rita's body very naturally after digestion, she is revived. (I'm kidding, but maybe every time Rita eats a secretary, City Hall will continue to hire a new secretary who looks just like the one eaten by Rita, or city hall apply strict dress codes to the newly hired secretary. lol)
It's true that I felt guilty, but the more accurate reason is that I like "Willing Vore" and I wanted to see the secretary want to be eaten by Rita lol

Anyway, just the news that the game hasn't died is good enough. Don't overdo it to make it too perfect. Your game is cool enough!

No offense man, but if you don't like the type of vore in the game, go play a different one or make your own instead of requesting the creator to cater to your specific tastes. They're making the game for free right now. I think we should just appreciate that, and allow them to enact their own vision for the game, whatever that may be.
ketchup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonom » Wed May 17, 2023 9:49 pm

Is this dead???
Dragonom
New to the forum

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Thu May 18, 2023 2:10 am

Dragonom wrote:Is this dead???

....Can you read? If so I guess you didn't bother to. The creator literally made a post less than a week ago saying among other things that no, the game is not in fact dead. I'm sorry to be rude, but please actually read the thread you're posting in next time to see if your question has already been answered.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby Danny01 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:08 pm

I'm looking forward to the new update, chapter 1 was promising!
Danny01
New to the forum

Postby Anon293 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:48 pm

When I launch the game I get a "failed to initialize graphics" error. Am I doing something wrong when I download it or something?
Anon293
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:29 pm

Anon293 wrote:When I launch the game I get a "failed to initialize graphics" error. Am I doing something wrong when I download it or something?

Hmm.... I don't know, that's a new one. I assume you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Also, as far as the update: The game isn't dead, just... turtle paced. I have an annoying thing where I get distracted every time I try to work on it, and even then I'm now working full time so I haven't had a whole lot of time to make stuff lately ;-; BUT its still here >:3
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anon293 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:11 pm

Natolin wrote:
Anon293 wrote:When I launch the game I get a "failed to initialize graphics" error. Am I doing something wrong when I download it or something?

Hmm.... I don't know, that's a new one. I assume you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I also have other RPGMaker games and those run just fine.

The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with needing a specific part from this version of RPGMaker. Other games I've downloaded have had a file with a light blue cube icon, which I noticed to be absent when I downloaded this game.
Anon293
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:58 am

Natolin wrote:

Also, as far as the update: The game isn't dead, just... turtle paced. I have an annoying thing where I get distracted every time I try to work on it, and even then I'm now working full time so I haven't had a whole lot of time to make stuff lately ;-; BUT its still here >:3

Mind sharing some screenshots of the progress made so far then?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vore247 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:29 pm

What will be the content of the next update?
Vore247
New to the forum

Postby Onewingedangel » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:30 pm

First, the game seems lovely! I like the writing style better than I enjoyed Nyan, and I really appreciate the update to the digestion mechanic not requiring a bathroom every time I finish with an enemy. The combat so far feels much tighter and more developed than plenty of vore rpg's, and the area's are well designed for starter areas. I'm really looking forward to more!

Minor bug; in the jerk's basement the book shelf and a number of the walls are traversable, rather than solid objects. As well as a log in your front yard in the forest, but I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not.

Second possibly minor bug; is the secretary intended to come back? This may have already been brought up earlier in the thread I didn't check, but I thought I'd mention it. Glad to hear the project isn't dead!
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Natolin » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:39 pm

Sorry for the radio silence on this project! I got really busy, getting a full time job for the summer and going back to college after a semester off, plus I had a degree of burnout because I worked on this so intensely for like a month or two.
Good news is I have some more inspiration, and a bit more drive to work on it again. I can't say when it will be done, but at least I'm opening the dusty old file up again lol
One of the reasons I've taken so long is because I made a bit of a fuck-up...
In my random desire for shortstacks I decided to make the next major city a dwarven/goblin inhabited city that's carved into a mountain...
That was before I learned about how few assets I could find that actually DEPICT these things for RPGmaker, which essentially means most of the sprites are either made by or edited by me for that area, which took a while.
But enough excuses lmao.

Vore247 wrote:What will be the content of the next update?

I can't really say what the full scope will be, because I may extend it. But as of now I have one town completed, with 3 or 4 (I think?) vore scenes programmed into it, a sidequest with a miniboss, some updates to the combat system, the story beats leading up to the volcano, most of the dwarf/goblin city, a bunch of assets, various other stuffs

I'm planning to incorporate a lot more vore scenes in the mountain city, finish the story beats there, and work on the two dungeons there. I'll likely publish chapters 2 and 3 once I finish the chapter 3 boss.

Onewingedangel wrote:First, the game seems lovely! I like the writing style better than I enjoyed Nyan, and I really appreciate the update to the digestion mechanic not requiring a bathroom every time I finish with an enemy. The combat so far feels much tighter and more developed than plenty of vore rpg's, and the area's are well designed for starter areas. I'm really looking forward to more!

Minor bug; in the jerk's basement the book shelf and a number of the walls are traversable, rather than solid objects. As well as a log in your front yard in the forest, but I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or not.

Second possibly minor bug; is the secretary intended to come back? This may have already been brought up earlier in the thread I didn't check, but I thought I'd mention it. Glad to hear the project isn't dead!

Thank you! I worked hard on making the writing style unique and interesting, so I'm glad someone commented on that!! ^-^ And funny enough, that 'update' to the digestion mechanic was actually not intended xD but after some positive feedback I left it in! I'm trying to make it a fun game even aside from the vore, so it makes me really happy to see you acknlowedge the stuff that isn't all fetishy too!!!

Those bugs I believe I was told before, and I'm fairly certain I've fixed them since. I know it's not an optimal solution, but in the meantime just... don't do those things :P
Also the secretary IS supposed to "respawn", although it isn't necessarily 'canon'. I just didn't want to have people making new save files or whatever just to see the scene again lol

ALSO! Here's some random updates to show what I've been up to. It's just the two main town maps for this update, but I dont wanna show off ALLLL the juicy bits before I'm finished :P

Spoiler: show
image.png
image (1).png
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Onewingedangel » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:09 pm

Huzzah! I am excited to see the update when you release it!
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby letmeinn0w » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:12 am

I'm really enjoying this game so far. I think I've found an unreported bug and have a couple of comments.

1. After you eat the secretary, if you keep hitting Enter, it will start the dialog again like she is still there.
  2. It feels odd that you can rest in the inn to recover, but not in your own house.
  3. I think it would be nice if there was an ongoing "I need to find a bathroom" message or series of messages maybe every other transition or something.
Keep up the good work!
letmeinn0w
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game