Vore Labs Demo

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Labs Demo

Postby EkoEko » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:59 am

Hello and Welcome to Vore Labs.

What is it?
This is a vore platform game. The idea is it to not get cought or unbirthed by the other Lab Creatures.
You on the other hand can fight your way through by devouring anyone that gets in your way.
It has been heavily inspired by FuBN. Which you can also check out at Aryion.

Version?
Like a lot of vore games, they start in very early versions. Working on these kind of projects takes a long time and keeping that passion to continue working on it isn't an easy task.
I am happy to announce Chapter 1 for the Demo. While that Chapter isn't done yet, I would love to aquire some feedback on how you find it.
I hope this is interesting and that I can make your day! :D

I would love to hear what this game does to capture your interested. What you can see improved on and even maybe what you really don't like.

You can move via Arrow Key or WASD.
Control to digest.

Here is a link to the Game: https://mega.nz/folder/4X8HwAYa#ylVJco-Fu1DE6Iic2UNzkA

EkoEko
New to the forum

Re: Vore Labs Demo

Postby DarkRain » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:24 pm

good :-D
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby wariodude128 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Downloaded and a missing dll file prevented me from starting it up. Might want to fix that.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Looking really promising so far. Do you have plans to have other enemies to vore/unbirth you besides the boss? Or are you going with how FUbN did it?
Also a bit of a bug. In 1-3, the...uh, spawn point will still eat you if you walk under it like it is for the end of the level. You can avoid it by jumping at the right spot, but I figured the beginning one isn't supposed to do that.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EkoEko » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:36 pm

wariodude128 wrote:Downloaded and a missing dll file prevented me from starting it up. Might want to fix that.

Shouldn't be a thing. You can tell me what you are missing but otherwise every file got shipped.

VirtuosoViking wrote:Looking really promising so far. Do you have plans to have other enemies to vore/unbirth you besides the boss? Or are you going with how FUbN did it?
Also a bit of a bug. In 1-3, the...uh, spawn point will still eat you if you walk under it like it is for the end of the level. You can avoid it by jumping at the right spot, but I figured the beginning one isn't supposed to do that.

I have been looking at that and will probably add more different types that behave differently and are not just variants from a base.
The Spawn point is not a bug. It always does it. Even on the other levels the entity will eat you. I was thinking of making it look the other way but I felt like the player should learn at some point that it is possible. It is a nice hiding spot.
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Though perhaps if it wasn't an auto hide when you walk under it and instead you were able to activate it yourself would lessen some frustrations trying to get past it.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:50 pm

I'm glad that we have another game focusing on unbirth. I swear, poor UB is somehow the least-loved vore type.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Xeon55 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Would it be possible for it to be uploaded somewhere else? No matter what i try i am unable to download it from mega.
Xeon55
New to the forum

Postby vore2412 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:18 pm

EkoEko wrote:
wariodude128 wrote:Downloaded and a missing dll file prevented me from starting it up. Might want to fix that.

Shouldn't be a thing. You can tell me what you are missing but otherwise every file got shipped.

VirtuosoViking wrote:Looking really promising so far. Do you have plans to have other enemies to vore/unbirth you besides the boss? Or are you going with how FUbN did it?

I have been looking at that and will probably add more different types that behave differently and are not just variants from a base.
The Spawn point is not a bug. It always does it. Even on the other levels the entity will eat you. I was thinking of making it look the other way but I felt like the player should learn at some point that it is possible. It is a nice hiding spot.

Would love to have the generic enemies be able to eat the character, adds flavor to the game. Beat the boss twice, first time on purpose, second by accident, before I allowed her to win. Fun little platformer, jumps a bit buggy though, accidentally double jump on the second stage towards the end with the two purple enemies. Spawn point on the third stage was slightly annoying because it was hard not to get eaten (though I did enjoy making her eat the enemy.)
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AssVFanatic » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:25 pm

This game has great potential. With a bit more combat prowess (Like grabbing people to eat them, maybe a healthbar instead of just a hit it quit it) This game would be amazing. Certainly has the ability to be just as good as G.L.U.T.T.
AssVFanatic
New to the forum

Postby Fireknight45 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:22 am

The game is fun so good job.
Although i have 2 fun suggestions
1st one is having a cap of two instead of one this could be used in some interesting ways, where you have to deside if you should try take 2 down or take 1 and run since there would be, down sides to unbirthing 2 people like being slower and less jump and longer to 'digest' them.

2nd one is more just for fun but it would be interesting to see multiple tipes of vore for our celling hangging freinds, for example if you run under them you get the usual oral but you could also jump up into there rear you get unbirthed as it not, anything major but it would be a fun way of having more unbirthing wile not habing any real gameplay impact.
Fireknight45
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:31 am

Xeon55 wrote:Would it be possible for it to be uploaded somewhere else? No matter what i try i am unable to download it from mega.

MEGA will also purposely throttle you the farther you get in download progress:

Also, what do I do now? There's nothing to do: https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/l4necv5954m.png (I can't embed this image, it's wider than 2000 pixels)

None of the things on the ceilings do anything.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby RandomInjury » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:16 am

So I have a few recommendations for you.

1 your jump is WAY too floaty. It makes it really hard to hit your target when you flutter to the ground like a Sheet of paper.

2 your hit zone is too small, even being off a slight amount causes you to miss.

3 Digestion takes to long, in the game as of right now, if you have time to digest, then you are completely safe, so it shouldn't take this long, there's also no urgency in digesting. FUbN had an all or nothing digestion, this since you could theoretically stop at any time doesn't have any kind of gameplay mechanic other than slowing you down before progressing.

4 you could stand to move a bit faster.

Over all though this is a really solid start, and I'm curious how much of FUbN did you use for this. Like is this based directly on FUbN or is all the code new?
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby EkoEko » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:24 am

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Here are the things I picked up and will change.
    Hitbox will be bigger so that it is easier to unbirth. This should also help with the floaty controls.
    Entity will never be placed that low. You will always need to jump to enter her. I won't create a button prompt because the entity will choose when to eat you not you.
    Digestion takes way to long. It will be as short to not be annoying and long enough that you need to find a save spot.
    You will always be a one hit for now as thats a major part of it.
    Any new Enemies will probably Vore you instead of just attacking.

The game does not use any code from FuBN.
Sorry for those you have slow downloads. Mega is free and I love their account policy. The game is not that big so you have to just do something else while downloading it slowly. I also chose Mega as it is often seen here. I hope you get through with it.
Known Bug: Glitchy double jump near ledges.

RandomInjury wrote:4 you could stand to move a bit faster.

Not sure what you mean with that. You don't really move when standing.

ian66613 wrote:None of the things on the ceilings do anything.

The Entity for Chapter 1 will eat you once your head gets near its mouth.
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby randomuserontheint » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:24 am

even though there isnt a lot of content in the game, im liking it so far! if i may though, i do have a couple of suggestions

- maybe some more animation for the entity that warps you around? i mean she has a tail that she doesnt really use, so maybe something with that?
- i know the game is centered mainly on unbirth, but maybe oral vore can be added in for the player character as an alternative? maybe for enemies that you wont be able to jump on
randomuserontheint
New to the forum

Postby Kiyoa » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:28 am

Hmmm... this is the second recent unity game I've come across where the game environment doesn't properly load in wine (I'm using linux for my OS, specifically ubuntu 20.04); after a bit of digging I found the logfile in my default wine directory. The game goes through it's startup fine, but then runs into the following problem when it tries to display the scene:

Code: Select all
RenderTexture.Create failed: depth/stencil format unsupported - D32 SFloat S8 UInt (94). There is no compatible format on this platform or this fallback to a compatible format is disabled in the import inspector.
CommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing  (SetRenderTarget color buffer)
CommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing  (SetRenderTarget depth buffer)
RenderTexture.Create failed: depth/stencil format unsupported - D32 SFloat S8 UInt (94). There is no compatible format on this platform or this fallback to a compatible format is disabled in the import inspector.
CommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing  (SetGlobalTexture)
CommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing  (Blit source)
[i]last line repeats until program closed[/i]

Doing some more checking, D32_SFloat_S8_UInt seems to be somewhat experimental; I'll see if I can't run the game through steam (via proton), but after doing a search and checking the unity forums it looks like there are ways to adjust for compatibility automatically. While I'm not familiar with unity as a platform it looks like there's a checkbox that can be turned on somewhere in the modal dialogue for (presumably) the stencil buffer called "Enable Compatible Format" which seems like it should flip between whatever formats are appropriate; alternatively, if you're more down for coding it seems like you can use SystemInfo.SupportsRenderTextureFormat() to check if the render format is supported and set a fallback to a different texture renderer via that if necessary.

Hopefully this is helpful; cheers.

Edit: After doing a quick test, it *does* work properly via steam play. Looks pretty good so far.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaded353 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 pm

the game has a lot of potential and already looks really good, it could use a couple of improvements a few particular ways though, firstly, when enemies detect you, sometimes they fall off the platforms and such they should be standing on, occasionally ending up in odd spots when they stop again, sometimes the stationary ones end up below said platforms for example, resulting in areas too tight to actually unbirth them as you can't jump high enough, i'd recommend a system that detects whether they are on screen or not and if enemies are out of position (perhaps an invisible box representing where they belong) and if left offscreen for a significant amount of time (and if still alive of course) they'd teleport back to their intended spot, thinking a delay of between 5 to 10 seconds would be good, not too long but not too short either, that way the player has some ability to influence whether they go back or not, so if the enemy ends up in a beneficial spot the player can still make use of it

another thing i think could be good for the game would be more diversity in the enemies that can unbirth the player. instead of almost all of them just flailing with swords when they see you, perhaps some higher level enemies could try to chase you down and unbirth you once they see you, incentivizing the player to be extra careful near them. it'd take a bit of tricky programming making them respond to inclines or platforms but i think it'd be worth it, more unbirth content with the enemies was something i always wished for when playing FUbN so i'm sure it'd be a blessing here (thinking maybe from level 2 onwards, as the boss of the first area should still be the first enemy the player encounters who's "like them", so it'd make sense canonically (might be good to make them exempt from the screamers at first, in that whenever triggered, they'd just run around normally until they have line of sight on you, and only then would they actively chase you, instead of just automatically knowing where the player is at all times from the start, though for the sake of challenge they'd still need to know where the player is if the player was what triggered them, thus avoiding the situation where the player triggers them but gets out of sight before they attack and then they just run around normally instead of chasing ^^) obviously this is all just a suggestion though, i know it'd be a ton of programming especially for just one enemy type, if i could code i'd offer to help but i don't have anywhere near the required skill which is why i'm trying to offer detailed suggestions where possible on the off chance it makes it easier in case you do decide to go through with it ^^;

(also, not sure what to call them but the vorish player spawn points? when releasing the player, there needs to be a short period in which they can't swallow the player again (maybe a tag on the player for 5 seconds where they won't trigger the tongue?), one in particular, you likely know which one, really doesn't seem to want to let the player go unless they jump right past their face lol)
jaded353
Been posting for a bit

Postby Luigigamer » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:29 pm

EkoEko wrote:

Your movement in general is quite slow/sluggish. Giving the player a higher speed cap, while moving on the ground or in the air, will help in getting through levels and making controls more responsive.
Luigigamer
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:24 am

EkoEko wrote:Thank you everyone for your feedback. Here are the things I picked up and will change.
    Hitbox will be bigger so that it is easier to unbirth. This should also help with the floaty controls.
    Entity will never be placed that low. You will always need to jump to enter her. I won't create a button prompt because the entity will choose when to eat you not you.
    Digestion takes way to long. It will be as short to not be annoying and long enough that you need to find a save spot.
    You will always be a one hit for now as thats a major part of it.
    Any new Enemies will probably Vore you instead of just attacking.

The game does not use any code from FuBN.
Sorry for those you have slow downloads. Mega is free and I love their account policy. The game is not that big so you have to just do something else while downloading it slowly. I also chose Mega as it is often seen here. I hope you get through with it.
Known Bug: Glitchy double jump near ledges.

ian66613 wrote:None of the things on the ceilings do anything.

The Entity for Chapter 1 will eat you once your head gets near its mouth.

I feel like there must be a Language barrier here.

When I say you could stand to move faster, I mean that the character when moving is too slow, and when walking they could easily move up to 25% faster and it would feel better.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Wolfcrux » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:18 am

Is it possible to make an apk of the game?it looks great but the computer im using is too trash to run unity.
Wolfcrux
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game